bandwidth problem as of late

This topic is locked from further discussion.

preston11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 preston11
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts
This has been going on for about 3 weeks.If I watch streams when not signed in to my subscribed account it works fine. when I sign in and go to watch something/anything it goes into buffering every 30 seconds or so. I was always impressed with the quality of the streams here did anything change? All other sites work well and my downloads here are even normal (600-1100KB/sec) I have a road runner connection, and I havent changed anything on my pc prior to this laggy situation. There was a link in the f.a.q. "read before you post" about this but it was dead:
Solution To Video Streaming
If you are having issues regarding video streaming, the problem is in the java applet that embedded the video. Check out what jay0012k3 has to say on how to resolve the problem.

MammoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MammoMan
Member since 2003 • 814 Posts

Yea, I got pretty frustrated with the support from Gamespot the other day due to the lack of it. Also the broken links just really rubbed me wrong. I canceled my pay membership due to the downloading and video streaming problems.

It's a shame cause Gamespot is my favorite game site. Oh well looks like I'm stuck with IGN. At least their videos actually play.

preston11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 preston11
Well if I dont at least get an answer as too what the problem is, or if its gonna be like that from now on, im gonna cancel my pay membership too. Thats the only reason I pay, so I can see button mashing and torney tv stremed nicely whenever I feel. 
MammoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MammoMan

I toatally agree. I don't know whats going on. It's like they don't care. At least say " Hey we recognize there is a problem and we're working on it.

Odd way to do buisness.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
You guys do know this is a weekend, right?
MammoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MammoMan
I've been posting off and on about this for a week and now its the weeks end.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
This thread started on the weekend.
MammoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MammoMan

Different thread dude. Got modded on one of them.

preston11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 preston11
Still buffering after every 10 seconds, I just stopped watching streams altogehter. Should I start a new thread? I would just like a little tech support. I dont pay much but I still pay for a service. Any answer will do, maybe I need to get a new plug in or something. As I was searching for this post I saw a lot of people were having the same problem, ill go check them out.
Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
It shouldn't matter if it is a weekend. If it is a pay subscription service, it is a business. And it should provide support to its customers all the time.
CraigB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CraigB
Member since 2002 • 4451 Posts
This has been going on for about 3 weeks.If I watch streams when not signed in to my subscribed account it works fine. when I sign in and go to watch something/anything it goes into buffering every 30 seconds or so. I was always impressed with the quality of the streams here did anything change? All other sites work well and my downloads here are even normal (600-1100KB/sec) I have a road runner connection, and I havent changed anything on my pc prior to this laggy situation. There was a link in the f.a.q. "read before you post" about this but it was dead:
Solution To Video Streaming
If you are having issues regarding video streaming, the problem is in the java applet that embedded the video. Check out what jay0012k3 has to say on how to resolve the problem.

preston11
When you are signed into your account, do you have 700K streaming selected? You can tell by clikcing 'prefs' in the top right, and clicking the media tab in the popup.
NuclearFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NuclearFriend
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I also have problems with the streaming of videos. My issues are the same as preston11 and I also have been experiencing these problems for 3 - 4 weeks.

I have tried everything but still the rebuffring continues every 10-20 seconds.

And obviously I'm just talking about the 700K streaming version. It been working perfectly for several years but now all of the sudden it's broken for us paying customers.