Accessing desktop version on mobile?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Used to be able with the old design unless I completely missed the button to switch or it's not available anymore?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX

And even on my 2nd monitor(that is in portrait mode), I can't choose which version I want to see

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

You tried zooming out the browser on your 2nd monitor (ctrl + Mousewheel)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MonsieurX

@acanofcoke said:

You tried zooming out the browser on your 2nd monitor (ctrl + Mousewheel)

Hooray,it works!

But still can't do that on my cellphone!

alexisgallisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5 alexisgallisa
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

We used to have a completely separate version of the site for mobile which is why you could switch back and forth. The site now uses a responsive layout so it adapts to the size of your screen. YOu can see this by shrinking the window of your browser right to left. I can see the desire for getting to the desktop version on mobile but unfortunately the site just isn;t built that way (and to be honest the way most newer sites are built they are going the same route we do). Some android browsers do allow you to change the viewport size of the window to fake its way into desktop mode but things might not be perfectly ideal there either as we send different JS for mobile devices.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsieurX

@alexisgallisa said:

We used to have a completely separate version of the site for mobile which is why you could switch back and forth. The site now uses a responsive layout so it adapts to the size of your screen. YOu can see this by shrinking the window of your browser right to left. I can see the desire for getting to the desktop version on mobile but unfortunately the site just isn;t built that way (and to be honest the way most newer sites are built they are going the same route we do). Some android browsers do allow you to change the viewport size of the window to fake its way into desktop mode but things might not be perfectly ideal there either as we send different JS for mobile devices.

Thanks for the answer but that sucks :(

No access to notifications nor who posted the initial thread or responded last