Communications Room (ME3 Info Discussion)

ReILL1er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201 ReILL1er
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

They need a new cameraman, his breathing was akin to a Volus, totally drowned out the interview. >.<

Looks like we're gonna be going to the Reapers' point of origin in ME3, according to the good doctors! :shock:

Linky. They say it between 3:30 - 3:50

N7v1K0
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

A new theory...

It's most likely bogus, but if it were true... things would take a very interesting turn...

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

A new theory...

It's most likely bogus, but if it were true... things would take a very interesting turn...

N7v1K0

I'm not really sure what to think of this...:?

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 N7v1K0

A number of things to say...

The ME team could learn a lot from the guys working on DA2. For example, how the skill trees are done and RPG elements in general.

Also, the pictures in the middle of the convo wheel are something I'd like to see in ME3.

--------

And a shield tuner would be nice for ME3...

Let me elaborate...

We kinda did this in ME2 (all those +5% shields, etc), but not really. What I'm talking about is regulating capacity versus recharge time.

For example, say you have a Revenant and you'd like to use it properly on a mission, so you set capacity to max and recharge time to long. You'd be able to take one helluva beating and spend a full thermal clip in the process, but you'd have to wait a while for full recharge.
Then, for another mission you pick the Widow, so therefore one shot and back into cover; reverse settings of the previous example.
Etc. etc.

The tuner would of course have to be a slider thingy so people can achieve their desired capacity vs charge time

So whaddaya think?

:idea: 

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 N7v1K0

An article about ME3

Nothing really new, just their "vision"

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 majinstrings

Someone returning in ME3 [spoiler] Tricia Helfer is returning as EDI [/spoiler]

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 N7v1K0

Looks like Dr. Pepper will once again be doing promos for ME3

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

The ME team could learn a lot from the guys working on DA2. For example, how the skill trees are done and RPG elements in general.

Also, the pictures in the middle of the convo wheel are something I'd like to see in ME3.

N7v1K0

Personally I think the ME team should do their own thing and not dumb it down even more like DA...

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#209 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
[QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

Artekus

Personally I think the ME team should do their own thing and not dumb it down even more like DA...

Except that DA wasn't dumbed down. Would be interesting to see a similar skill system in ME3 and I think there's a good chance we'll see the disposition icon in ME3, since it's one of the few things the DA2 haters and lovers tend to agree on as being an improvement.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
[QUOTE="Artekus"][QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

Lone_Warrior_66

Except that DA wasn't dumbed down.

In my opinion, DA2 was. Opinion. 

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I liked the icons, it kept anders from molesting me since most of his options were flirtatious
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 majinstrings

I liked the icons, it kept anders from molesting me since most of his options were flirtatiousKeredsBlaze

:lol: Yeah, there were a few times where I was talking to Fenris and saw a dialogue option I thought was a good choice until I saw the icon turn into a heart.

"Oh. That's what they mean...nevermind. I'll say this other thing, instead."

I would've accidently started a romance with Fenris if it weren't for those icons...

Almost flirted with Aveline, too...

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#213 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts

Its fun to play as a mage and try to get a romance going with Fenris, its just entertaining. As for ME3 I heard that the skills will have more extensive trees and many skills will have the option of evolving which sounds like how you could upgrade abilities in DA2. I also heard that each class will have a unique close quarters ability and every class can use any weapon type now and the weapons are once again customizable. Atleast they are changing the mining portion of the game so hopefully it won't be quite as tedious. We'll just have to wait till it comes out to know for sure I guess.

Here is all the new info they just released in Game Informer. 

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#214 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

Mass Effect 3 starts on Earth three months after the Arrival DLC. Shepard is facing scrutiny from the Alliance who still can't believe that the Reapers are real and not some legend. This is about to change as several Reaper Warships appear over our little planet. NY, Japan, and London (never Australia is it, how insulting) are attacked as people around the globe watch on. Hundreds of Reaper vessels descend and take the planet!

Before this the Alliance seized the Normandy SR2 and took it apart and have put it together bigger and better than before. The Alliance still sees Shepard as a Marine and a Specter so with Earth lost Shepard takes the SR3 to gather allies for a counter attack, not singular allies but entire civilisations.

Getting every one onside is possible but it depends on your decisions in ME1 and M2 and is highly improbable according to Casey Hudson. Shepard may also have to decide on if to save one civilisation over another.

There are new features to the series including ladders, being able to pickup enemies weapons, you can now roll, and duck behind lower cover. Weapons can now be modified to your preferences with barrels, scopes etc.

Enemy AI has been improved and now can use many new tactics against you, and differing tactics depending on their type.

It looks like Anderson is joining Shepard as a party member, as is EDI, Liara, Ashley/Kaidan, Garrus, Wrex, Mordin, Legion. Also a new member called James Sanders joins the team on Earth before or during the attack.

After 3 they are thinking about an MMO. Info gleamed from GameInformer and Bioware.

I will have more for you next month when ANZ Official X360 Mag comes out.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 N7v1K0

Very likely that Jack will be back in ME3

Link (her VA)

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 majinstrings

Very likely that Jack will be back in ME3

Link (her VA)

N7v1K0

Awesome! :D

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 N7v1K0
A lot of people say the weapon that scarred Klendagon and took out the Derelict Reaper will be an important factor in ME3, and while I have little doubt that it will be, everyone forgets about the Rothla weapon. It actually shattered the planet into thousands of moonlets instead of giving it a big scar, so it would make much more sense for Shep to look for that.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Falcon084

A lot of people say the weapon that scarred Klendagon and took out the Derelict Reaper will be an important factor in ME3, and while I have little doubt that it will be, everyone forgets about the Rothla weapon. It actually shattered the planet into thousands of moonlets instead of giving it a big scar, so it would make much more sense for Shep to look for that.N7v1K0

Cool. He'd need a lot of them though.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Falcon084
che atcc.com/xbox360/rev/masseffect3preview.html Do not use the space (glitchspot at work).
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Falcon084

According to PSM3 Magazine all party characters, including DLC ones are returning for ME3 :)

TIM is out to kill Shepard now his use for him is over! (I told you he is evil)

Bioware told PSM3 that Earth has nearly been finished.

Some of the cities you see have been created to be destroyed by both Shep and the Reaper Invasion,

Bioware says this time there will be many epic full on boss battles.

the guys who did the music for Bad Company are working on this as well.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 N7v1K0

Isn't it strange how BW told GI that the chap from the trailer ISNT James Sanders, but PSM3 are saying it is? :?

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Falcon084

Isn't it strange how BW told GI that the chap from the trailer ISNT James Sanders, but PSM3 are saying it is? :?

N7v1K0

I wonder who messed up?

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Lone_Warrior_66
[QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

Falcon084

I wonder who messed up?

Probably PSM3, I doubt BW would get their own characters mixed up ;)
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 N7v1K0

OP updated with all news on ME3 so far. Please use this thread for all discussiion, and postings of new ME3 info.

Also feel free to update the OP if there's new info and I'm not around to do it 

Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts
Not a problem, I was just glad that the article in GameInformer just provided us with so much information, I also hear that the next issued of Playstation Magazine is going discuss about Mass Effect 3.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 majinstrings
I was wondering why this thread wasn't being used as much :P
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 N7v1K0
Check out the link to Gameinformer in the OP for new info on species creation!
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Falcon084

A tibit of info: (Sorry if it has been posted before, my net is slowed down till the fourth and the page isn't loading properly for me)

Mass Effect 3 introduces new cIass called Heavy Melee. According to the info in Marcaplayer (a Spanish Mag), the Heavy Melee cIass plays off some new melee moves sutch as kicks, punches and "a SWAT turn."

We will get to visit New York, London, the Salarians' home planet, a Quarian moon, and Mars.

Shepard is not needed any more so Cerberus is trying to kill Shepard! At their disposal are mechs, assault units and ninja-shock troops.

Thankfully BioWare is working on a new planet scanning system for ME3, as well as adding all-new vehicles to control.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 N7v1K0

A tibit of info: (Sorry if it has been posted before, my net is slowed down till the fourth and the page isn't loading properly for me)

Mass Effect 3 introduces new cIass called Heavy Melee. According to the info in Marcaplayer (a Spanish Mag), the Heavy Melee cIass plays off some new melee moves sutch as kicks, punches and "a SWAT turn."

We will get to visit New York, London, the Salarians' home planet, a Quarian moon, and Mars.

Shepard is not needed any more so Cerberus is trying to kill Shepard! At their disposal are mechs, assault units and ninja-shock troops.

Thankfully BioWare is working on a new planet scanning system for ME3, as well as adding all-new vehicles to control.

Falcon084

It's all in the OP already, but thanks anyway :P

Also, there is no heavy melee cl@ss, the magazine made a mistake

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 N7v1K0
Today with Gameinformer, how ME began! Check out the link in the OP!
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 IndianaJones414
So basically the Illusive Man is going to align himself with the Reapers, eventhough Cerebeus is a pro-human organization. And Shepard may align himself with the Geth if chosen to bring up Legion.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Falcon084

So basically the Illusive Man is going to align himself with the Reapers, eventhough Cerebeus is a pro-human organization. And Shepard may align himself with the Geth if chosen to bring up Legion. IndianaJones414

No TIM would never align himself with the Reapers, unless he was indoctrinated. He wants to bring down the Reapers himself, and get full support for Cerberus after the dust settles.

VideoGamerNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#235 VideoGamerNerd
Member since 2009 • 10530 Posts
Not a problem, I was just glad that the article in GameInformer just provided us with so much information, I also hear that the next issued of Playstation Magazine is going discuss about Mass Effect 3.IndianaJones414
I freaked out when I seen Shepard on the cover! :P
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 IndianaJones414

So the Illusive Man wants to take the credit for stopping the Reapers.

I loved seeing Shepard on the cover of GameInformer, and I am telling you they may have to report me missing when Mass Effect 3 comes out.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 N7v1K0
More info in the GI link, and also OP has been updated with a link to very detailed info! Check it out! :D
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 N7v1K0

Another interview with Casey today. He mentioned that we'll start on a very familiar location on Earth, then we'll go to Mars and then it's everything else.

I have to say, all the interviews with Casey have been brilliant so far. He's excellent at doing them :D

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 IndianaJones414

I am sorry to ask, but and i know its a little off topic, but what does the N7 stand for on Shepards armor?

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 majinstrings

I am sorry to ask, but and i know its a little off topic, but what does the N7 stand for on Shepards armor?

IndianaJones414

Taken from masseffect.wikia.com -

N7 is a vocational code in the Systems Alliance military. The "N" designates special forces and the "7" refers to the highest level of proficiency. It applies to marines who have graduated from an elite training program.

VideoGamerNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#241 VideoGamerNerd
Member since 2009 • 10530 Posts
[QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]

majinstrings

8)

N7 is a vocational code in the Systems Alliance military. The "N" designates special forces and the "7" refers to the highest level of proficiency. It applies to marines who have graduated from an elite training program.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 IndianaJones414
[QUOTE="majinstrings"][QUOTE="IndianaJones414"]

VideoGamerNerd

8)

Thanks for that, that is really cool to know, i didnt have the opportunity to play the first Mass Effect, due to not having a 360, and only having a PS3.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 N7v1K0

ME3 confirmed to be at GDC in August

A lot of creature variety huh?

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Falcon084

ME3 confirmed to be at GDC in August

A lot of creature variety huh?

N7v1K0

Awesome find!

Then again it does mean that ME3 will be out after August

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 N7v1K0
New info from French mag in OP. Not exactly sure how much of it is there since the scans and translations seem to be going quite slow. If I see anything else from it I'll update the OP as usual
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 N7v1K0
40 minute Q&A on Gameinformer, and a new info link in OP
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

In that other thread, you mentioned the "ME2 squad has fallen apart"...?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:
Damn this situation to hell. Ashley/Kaiden a Spectre and not a Jack-ly shoulder to cry on.

BEST EDIT OF ALL TIME: -"Jack is back with actual clothes and hair."
Adajksfhasjdfhdsjafhsdahfdsljkhfsa. THANK YOU.
BRB, running to my Jack shrine to cry tears of joy.

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 IndianaJones414
Speaking of Jack, is Jack going to be back for ME 3?
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Falcon084

These are not magazine scans. Click them to go to the huge versions.

Mass Effect 3 ScreenshotMass Effect 3 Screenshot

EA sent them to Ausgamers.

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Lone_Warrior_66
Speaking of Jack, is Jack going to be back for ME 3?IndianaJones414
As Caity mentioned she will be. With a more decent set of clothing and... hair!! I am really curious to see how see looks with hair. Geez I am already waaaay too excited for ME3 xD