Communications Room (ME3 Info Discussion)

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 caityful
Member since 2010 • 1210 Posts

Hello MEU!

I'm interested to hear the theories that everybody has about the upcoming Mass Effect 3.

Please don't make any other threads on ME3.

RELEASING ON MARCH 6 2012!

cover

CE

-------

You can find all the latest info here!

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

I think a lot of people who don't like Liara any more will discover some terrible truth and wished they had stayed faithful to her.

Hopefully we will see an a attack on earth and we will finaly be able to visit there. I want to see what our home world looks like.{attack on Brisbane mabe}

The Hannar might begin a war with us over the fact that we are going to tell them their gods are a lie and we'll have to broker peace. This wuld be interesting with Thane's people living on the Hanar home world if I was writing it I'd probably have the Reapers attack the peace confernce to start the main game and have the Hannar war as a training level.

I wonder how we are going to beat that fleet though!

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 caityful

I think a lot of people who don't like Liara any more will discover some terrible truth and wished they had stayed faithful to her.

Hopefully we will see an a attack on earth and we will finaly be able to visit there. I want to see what our home world looks like.{attack on Brisbane mabe}

The Hannar might begin a war with us over the fact that we are going to tell them their gods are a lie and we'll have to broker peace. This wuld be interesting with Thane's people living on the Hanar home world if I was writing it I'd probably have the Reapers attack the peace confernce to start the main game and have the Hannar war as a training level.

I wonder how we are going to beat that fleet though!

Falcon084

That's a very interesting theory, Ben!
I like the idea of being able to visit Earth :)
But I've always sort of envisioned the Hanar, as a whole, as a peaceful race. However it would be interesting to be a war with them! Good theory!

siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 siarhei
Member since 2008 • 2971 Posts

ME3? I can think of several options...

1. The reapers come, stop for gas and kill everyone :)

2. Shepard accidentally discovers cute fuzzy creatures on one of the planets which somehow manage to bring down the entire reaper fleet.

3. Bastila Shan shows up at the front of republican fleet. She starts arguing with FemShep, realizes they have the same voice and freaks out.

4. "Enterprise" comes out of nowhere, sees the reaper fleet, turns around and leaves at warp 100.

5. Dark Lord Sauron single-handedly defeats half of the reaper fleet, but accidentally loses the ring (again!). Most of the game Shepard is trying to find the ring and prevent a group of 9 reapers from delivering it to the mountain of Doom.

6. It turns out ME universe is a Matrix, and Shepard is the chosen one. Shepard tries to use his newfound skills to defeat reapers but ends up crashing the system.

7. Chuck Norris shows up and roundhouse kicks the Reapers back into Dark Space. 

And of course, the obvious and logical option:

Shepard gathers a huge interspecies fleet and defeats the reapers. (I really hope I'm wrong about this one)

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 caityful

ME3? I can think of several options...

1. The reapers come, stop for gas and kill everyone :)

2. Shepard accidentally discovers cute fuzzy creatures on one of the planets which somehow manage to bring down the entire reaper fleet.

3. Bastila Shan shows up at the front of republican fleet. She starts arguing with FemShep, realizes they have the same voice and freaks out.

4. "Enterprise" comes out of nowhere, sees the reaper fleet, turns around and leaves at warp 100.

5. Dark Lord Sauron single-handedly defeats half of the reaper fleet, but accidentally loses the ring (again!). Most of the game Shepard is trying to find the ring and prevent a group of 9 reapers from delivering it to the mountain of Doom.

6. It turns out ME universe is a Matrix, and Shepard is the chosen one. Shepard tries to use his newfound skills to defeat reapers but ends up crashing the system.

7. Chuck Norris shows up and roundhouse kicks the Reapers back into Dark Space. 

And of course, the obvious and logical option:

Shepard gathers a huge interspecies fleet and defeats the reapers. (I really hope I'm wrong about this one)

siarhei

I like the way you think!
On every single point.
My personal favourite, number 4. Though, Enterprise would kick Reaper-ass. Live long and prosper, suckers... :lol:

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
lmao @siarhei, you get a boatload of kudos for that post xD.
Vladka22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Vladka22
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
Well, i wonder what gonna happen with the Geth, my paragon Shep reprogrammed the heretics and my renegade Shep destroyed them, so i wonder how these decissions will affect in ME3, the Geth will help in the battle against the Reapers or not? even when Shep destroyed the heretics? can't wait to see it
Mr_Silent_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr_Silent_D
Member since 2009 • 1419 Posts
well im betting that there is something to do with "dark energy". it is mentioned often enough that it makes me think that it will be used agaisnt the reapers somehow. its affecting haestroms sun, people on noveria are interested in it, the list goes on. so im betting that it will have something to do with it
katjajett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 katjajett
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
I'm betting what ever weapon took out that Reaper you found Legion on will be found and take a major role in the final battle.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

well im betting that there is something to do with "dark energy". it is mentioned often enough that it makes me think that it will be used agaisnt the reapers somehow. its affecting haestroms sun, people on noveria are interested in it, the list goes on. so im betting that it will have something to do with itMr_Silent_D

I think this is most likely. Organics have biotics, Reapers don't.

EDIT: I'll sticky the thread.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Falcon084

In Babylon 5 the show the game is based on the telecnetics {biotics} were slaughtered by the enemy because they were their one weakness.

Also I was thinking maybe we might take a trip through the citadel relay {the one soverign was going to use in ME1} and take out the source in darkspace. Somewhat like a controle node.

katjajett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 katjajett
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts

i r predicting a nice little trip to Hong Kong in which we'll meet President Obama.

cjasko94

If the guy is still alive in 2185 (when ME2 takes place), then I suggest we run him through a xray machine to make sure he's not a geth in disguise

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

i r predicting a nice little trip to Hong Kong in which we'll meet President Obama. 

cjasko94

That... may just be the greatest idea ever. 

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts
Same here. I really hope we visit in ME3.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Falcon084

Couldn't help my self :D

Joke Pic

Vladka22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vladka22
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts

well im betting that there is something to do with "dark energy". it is mentioned often enough that it makes me think that it will be used agaisnt the reapers somehow. its affecting haestroms sun, people on noveria are interested in it, the list goes on. so im betting that it will have something to do with itMr_Silent_D

I also think dark energy will play an important role in ME3. Here a little tip, if you go to Citadel take time and listen (if you haven't) to the soldier speaking right next to Customs, i think you will be surprised as i was

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

Couldn't help my self :D

Joke Pic

Falcon084

:lol:

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 majinstrings

I have a strong feeling that the Council will die early in the game and there won't be anyway to save them, this time...

They keep ignoring the Reaper threat and they're going to end up dying because they won't listen to Shepard...

Maybe everyone on the Citadel will die...

Also, I think we might see an actual Prothean...maybe the ones who went through the Conduit after the Reapers wiped them out somehow were able to preserve themselves somewhere in the Citadel...maybe with the help of the Keepers...?

Although, I think this is a lot less likely than the Council dying...

Reilly86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Reilly86
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts

I believe that the Haestrom's dying Sun will implode in on itself thus creating a large deposit of Dark Energy that as it expands creates a black hole. I then think that the Reapers will be able to travel through the black hole safely using an advance type of technology and use it as an entrance for their invasion of the Galaxy.

As the Reapers did in the last invasion, they will switch off all the Mass relays to stop anyone travailing around and separate everybody, but since Sheppard got the IFF, he and his team will be able to travel freely around the Galaxy and find a way to switch them back on and help out all the species of the Galaxy and unite them in one final show down.

Or the Reapers will start to show the Red Ring of Death and stop working completely before invading.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 caityful

I have a strong feeling that the Council will die early in the game and there won't be anyway to save them, this time...

They keep ignoring the Reaper threat and they're going to end up dying because they won't listen to Shepard...

Also, I think we might see an actual Prothean...maybe the ones who went through the Conduit after the Reapers wiped them out somehow were able to preserve themselves somewhere in the Citadel...maybe with the help of the Keepers...?

majinstrings

I strongly agree with the Prothean theory.
They had all this information on the relays, enough to know about the conduit, therefore one must assume atleast one Prothean being found a way to escape. Perhaps a descendent appears in the game, somehow... Or something :P
That'd be fantastic!

I also agree withthe death of the council. Very likely, very derserving. They should've listened to Shepard the first time around...

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Falcon084
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

caityful

I strongly agree with the Prothean theory.
They had all this information on the relays, enough to know about the conduit, therefore one must assume atleast one Prothean being found a way to escape. Perhaps a descendent appears in the game, somehow... Or something :P
That'd be fantastic!

I also agree withthe death of the council. Very likely, very derserving. They should've listened to Shepard the first time around...

I still prefer the counsile over Udina.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 caityful

Falcon084

Lets just hope Udina is never the sole voice of the Citadel. :P

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

caityful

Lets just hope Udina is never the sole voice of the Citadel. :P

@caityful

I think he will die a horrible death or be the hardest Paragon choice ever to save him in the end. As for the counsile I would say they will be begging your forgivness and offering you any thing to save their home worlds from destruction. I also suspect one of them through the entire series was indoctrinated.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 majinstrings

I was just thinking this morning about DLC for Mass Effect 1&2 and I remembered Balak from the 'Bring Down The Sky' DLC for the first game...

I wondered if he would be in the third game...then I thought "What if he was a squadmate?"

That would be crazy...Shepard and a Batarian terrorist on the same team...

Sounds unlikely, I know...but after playing the first game, if somebody said that "Shepard was teaming up with Cerberus in the next game", it would sound very unlikely...and yet, Shepard did just that...

Maybe Balak could help you hijack another asteroid and drive it into the Reaper swarm...that would be nice...

But then I rememberd that you could kill Balak...that made me wonder if there would be a definitive squadmate list for ME3...what if you obtained different squadmates based on people who have lived and died in the first 2 games or based on if you were a Paragon/Renegade...it would definitely promote more ME1&2 playthroughs to get the exact squad that you want...

I find this very unlikely, though...unless it was for just 2 characters...something like the Disciple & Handmaiden from StarWars:KOTOR2 (if your character was Male, the Handmaiden would join your team; if your character was female, the Disciple would join)

I think if they did something like that, though, it would probably be between Kaiden and Ashley...

jarofdirt882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jarofdirt882
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

siarhei

Epic... and what about Carth and Kaidan?

There is one thing I'd really, really like to see... Shepard epically failing to save the universe. I don't care how. Perhaps he gets fed of if no-one believing him, or betraying him etc. and toddles off through the Omega 4 relay with a select group of people. You know, repopulate the galaxy and all that. :D

Now, one of the big questions... assuming everyone that could survive did, who do you think will be recruitable in ME3? All? None and have completely new characters? The only one I'm fairly sure about is Samara (assuming you chose Samara over Morinth) as she says something along the lines of if Shepard ever wanted her help, she'd come (I don't know what Morinth says, I've not picked her yet).

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 caityful

@Falcon084
Somehow I don't think the council will ever grovel at Shepard's feet. But your Udina theory is very plausable! This makes me happy. I'd gladly let him die :)

@majinstrings
That's a very interesting theory, and with the amount of different pathways to choose from in the past two games, I wouldn't be surprised if Balak or someone similar is available as a squadmate if you chose to save them in the past.

Personally, I think there's going to be quite a hole in the squad. Samara is in her 1000's, or near enough. Thane is dying. I doubt Grunt would stay, when he's an Urdnot, he'd probably go back to  Tuchanka and serve under Wrex (I roll my eyes at the Krogan...).
Then you have Mordin, who is also elderly. I can't remember which conversation, but I remember he said something about the suicide mission being his last, rather un-ironically. And if he survived in your save, I'm sure he's not far from retirement.
And of course there's Jack, and being a bit of a loose cannon, bless her soul, I doubt she'd stay under a military regimented commander for any longer than she has to.
As for Jacob and Miranda... Jacob becomes a Sith lord and Miranda is arrested for black market fabrics dealing.
Maybe.
But anyway, the point of that long ramble is, there may be quite a few spaces left, paving the way for new and exciting squadmates. (Please give us a Hanar... please.)

Who else feels that there'll be some sort of life or death decision regarding Shepard's love interest, or if a love interest wasn't sparked, the closest "friendship" of sorts?
It's the sort of thing that writers like to do, hurt the protagonist. It could be a turning point for Shepard, where a once all-Paragon Shepard is forced to only react with Renegade actions and vice versa. It'd definitely make for an interesting twist, that's for sure.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Falcon084

@Falcon084
Somehow I don't think the council will ever grovel at Shepard's feet. But your Udina theory is very plausable! This makes me happy. I'd gladly let him die :)

caityful

@caityful

What if Shepard has a huge fleet and the Councile has to be saved from the Reapers. They might grovel then.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 caityful
[QUOTE="caityful"]

@Falcon084

Falcon084

@caityful

What if Shepard has a huge fleet and the Councile has to be saved from the Reapers. They might grovel then.

Where would Shepard acquire such a large fleet from, though?
The Council are trying their hardest to turn the galaxy against Shepard, and depending on how your Suicide Mission went, you've basically lost the support of Cerberus.
So, it's hard to say how that'd turn out :P
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"][QUOTE="caityful"]

@Falcon084

caityful

@caityful

The Council are trying their hardest to turn the galaxy against Shepard, and depending on how your Suicide Mission went, you've basically lost the support of Cerberus.

@caityful

The first game was to establish the story, the second had you gathering a team, the next evolution could be to gather an army/fleet. People will see that Shep see's their plight and turn to him for help and not the council. A rebel army would form and a new alliance.

If you were rogue at the end of ME2 though you will have the full and total suport of Cerberus.

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 caityful
[QUOTE="caityful"][QUOTE="Falcon084"][QUOTE="caityful"]

@Falcon084

Falcon084

@caityful

@caityful

The first game was to establish the story, the second had you gathering a team, the next evolution could be to gather an army/fleet. People will see that Shep see's their plight and turn to him for help and not the council. A rebel army would form and a new alliance.

If you were rogue at the end of ME2 though you will have the full and total suport of Cerberus.

Actually that is a good theory, Ben.
It just boggles my mind to imagine a whole fleet standing behind Shepard. But yes, you could be onto something!

I think the writers of Mass Effect have really dug themselves into a hole, though. There are so many outcomes that could lead to the end of the third game.
Which also, ironically, boggles my mind.

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"][QUOTE="caityful"][QUOTE="Falcon084"][QUOTE="caityful"]

@Falcon084
Somehow I don't think the council will evergrovel at Shepard's feet. But your Udina theory is very plausable! This makes me happy. I'd gladly let him die :)

caityful

@caityful

@caityful

Actually that is a good theory, Ben.
It just boggles my mind to imagine a whole fleet standing behind Shepard. But yes, you could be onto something!

I think the writers of Mass Effect have really dug themselves into a hole, though. There are so many outcomes that could lead to the end of the third game.
Which also, ironically, boggles my mind.

Yes I know what you mean. My agent asked me to write a multi branching game. It was not as easy as I thought. Novels/Movies are much easier. Still trying though.

I do have to wonder what the Renegade ending will be. Sacrifice the rest of the universe to save humanity? :?

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 caityful

Yes I know what you mean. My agent asked me to write a multi branching game. It was not as easy as I thought. Novels/Movies are much easier. Still trying though.

I do have to wonder what the Renegade ending will be. Sacrifice the rest of the universe to save humanity? :?

Falcon084

I really hope it's something spectacular.
Too many times, trilogies or series' have ended on a weak note... And I'd hate for Mass Effect to suffer the same fate.
Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Falcon084
[QUOTE="Falcon084"]

caityful

Too many times, trilogies or series' have ended on a weak note... And I'd hate for Mass Effect to suffer the same fate.

and so it came to pass that Shepard surrended and swore to make scones for the Reaper Troops.- the Bad ending :lol:

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 caityful
[QUOTE="caityful"][QUOTE="Falcon084"]

Falcon084

and so it came to pass that Shepard surrended and swore to make scones for the Reaper Troops.- the Bad ending :lol:

That sounds about right! :lol:

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Falcon084
I have been playing Red Faction Guerrilla and what ME3 needs is a jet-pack!
Mr_Silent_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mr_Silent_D

I have been playing Red Faction Guerrilla and what ME3 needs is a jet-pack!Falcon084

no what it needs is a sledgehammer that can demolish a building but cant even scratch stone lol

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 caityful

[QUOTE="Falcon084"]I have been playing Red Faction Guerrilla and what ME3 needs is a jet-pack!Mr_Silent_D

no what it needs is a sledgehammer that can demolish a building but cant even scratch stone lol

Say what, @Mr_Silent_D?

Mr_Silent_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mr_Silent_D
[QUOTE="Mr_Silent_D"]

[QUOTE="Falcon084"]I have been playing Red Faction Guerrilla and what ME3 needs is a jet-pack!caityful

Say what, @Mr_Silent_D?

its from red faction. the main weapon is a sledgehammer

workinRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 workinRPG
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

I think it will play out like this 

The reapers are on there way and it's only a matter of time till there get here, and it's up to you to unite the galaxy against this foe, but there will be many ways to unite the galaxy to defeat the final large fleet of reapers. 

There will be all the factions good and bad, races and side groups and large communities. All the differences in opinions for and against you depending on how you played ME1 and 2. You will need these factions on your side to fight against the reapers, or keep them busy enough to smash them with some SUPER SECRET test weapon that will work in the end. 

So this is how the game will plat out, and all wishful thinking on my part. A good example would be the Baterian terrorist organisations (BAD) Vs. the Hanar trade organisation (GOOD). Now you can keep doing missions to weaken one side but strengthen the other for the final fight, or if you're really clever in your choices have both of them on your side at full strength, this depending on how you did in ME1 and 2 as well. Both organisations are good at doing the same thing in different ways. Black market trading from the Baterians or free trade from the Hanar, supplying different weapon and armor as you fly around getting other factions on your side. To their effect in the final battle, Baterians using their terrorist skills to cripple the reapers, to the Hanar using the Drell in the same way, Or both to double the effect and increase the chance of victory. 

This kind of wishful thinking can be used to talk about all the other faction in the same way. Quarian Vs. Geth. Council Vs. Cerberus. etc 

Choices will be endless and Bioware love choices. You heard it here first     

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 majinstrings

What if in Mass Effect 3 the Quarians decided to go to war with the Geth and you have to decide which race you'll help and which race gets erased from the Galaxy...I think that would be a really tough choice...it wouldn't be a Good/Evil choice; it would be more like the Ashley/Kaiden choice...

Mr_Silent_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mr_Silent_D

What if in Mass Effect 3 the Quarians decided to go to war with the Geth and you have to decide which race you'll help and which race gets erased from the Galaxy...I think that would be a really tough choice...it wouldn't be a Good/Evil choice; it would be more like the Ashley/Kaiden choice...

majinstrings

personally. after hearing the geths side of the story i would help them if that was one of the choices. with out a doubt

caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 caityful

@workinRPG, thats a good theory. I think, ultimately you're onto a winner. There's always been the conflict between good and bad, and not just in terms of Mass Effect, so it makes sense.

I'm wondering though, if there's a way to unite the two forces however, like Cerberus and the Council, working together for this one final battle.

But even then, that seems a bit unlikely... You never know! :P

Thanks for your input :)

Adam314-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Adam314-
Member since 2008 • 1613 Posts
I was Kind of hoping that you get everyone that survived through out the 2 games back. Like Grunt, Garrus, Ashley, Wrex.
caityful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 caityful

I was Kind of hoping that you get everyone that survived through out the 2 games back. Like Grunt, Garrus, Ashley, Wrex.Adam314-

I'm hoping so too! :)
Brilliant display picture by the way!

Adam314-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Adam314-
Member since 2008 • 1613 Posts

[QUOTE="Adam314-"]I was Kind of hoping that you get everyone that survived through out the 2 games back. Like Grunt, Garrus, Ashley, Wrex.caityful

I'm hoping so too! :)
Brilliant display picture by the way!

I was hoping to get the whole Crash dance from the second but if I adjusted the size he would stop dancing. But on an on-topic note, I guess a Grunt and Wrex group would be too overpowered. 

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 majinstrings

Anyone think we might see something on ME3 at this years E3...a teaser trailer, perhaps?

...I hope so...