xbox live has been hacked and will be down for months

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

so sad...

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Sounds legit. Your sources all seem accurate, anyways.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Trinitarian

Sounds legit. Your sources all seem accurate, anyways.

decepticondevil
my main source is my xbox. and a millions others. go sign online so yo can be the one million and oneth. :)
sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sgotskillz
Member since 2010 • 287 Posts

I can't log into xbox live now plus I lost about 2000 GS. I booted up sleeping dogs to find my achievement reset to zero. I went to xbox.com and can't sign in there either.

Anyone else having a problem?

decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 decepticondevil

And how does that mean it "has been hacked and will be down or months"? This isn't the first time Live has gone down.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trinitarian

I can't log into xbox live now plus I lost about 2000 GS. I booted up sleeping dogs to find my achievement reset to zero. I went to xbox.com and can't sign in there either.

sgotskillz
its happened everywhere. Its been a massive hacker attack on xboxlive, rumors have that it is a group that has been set on destroying MS in the online gaming industry. Some speculate they are sent from Japan.
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 decepticondevil

sgotskillz

Yeah, Live and the Xbox website are down. Still waiting on that source saying it "has been hacked and will be down for months".

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trinitarian

And how does that mean it "has been hacked and will be down or months"? This isn't the first time Live has gone down.

decepticondevil
its been poastd on xbox.com forums look it up
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 decepticondevil

[QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

Trinitarian

its happened everywhere. Its been a massive hacker attack on xboxlive, rumors have that it is a group that has been set on destroying MS in the online gaming industry. Some speculate they are sent from Japan.

Oh, well forgive me. I didn't know it was a rumor. That validates everything.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trinitarian

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

decepticondevil

Oh, well forgive me. I didn't know it was a rumor. That validates everything.

my friend there are more than half truths in rumors. Fact: xboxlive has been hacked. Rumor: source is from hackers in japan with a motive.
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 decepticondevil

[QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

Trinitarian

Why should I look it up? You're making a statement and I'm asking for you to verify it.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

I can't even get on the xbox.com forums right now.

sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sgotskillz
Member since 2010 • 287 Posts

[QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

Trinitarian

Got any links? All I'm getting on xbox forums is

Server Error in '/' Application

Omega8Trigun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Omega8Trigun
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
my friend there are more than half truths in rumors. Fact: xboxlive has been hacked. Rumor: source is from hackers in japan with a motive.Trinitarian
Except it's not a fact because you have yet to show anything that proves it. You know there's some important stuff coming out today right? A big patch for BF3 and a new dlc for Skyrim. It might just be them updating.
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 decepticondevil

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

sgotskillz

How convenient.

It's entirely possible it has been hacked. But I don't believe everything I read on the internet without a source. No point in even stating something like this if the only way you can back it up is with "Oh well somebody said somewhere that this is what happened. So it's totally a fact."

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trinitarian

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

sgotskillz

Sure do its right here LINK
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 decepticondevil

[QUOTE="sgotskillz"]

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]its been poastd on xbox.com forums look it upTrinitarian

Sure do its right here LINK

Ah, troll. Figured. Carry on.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MikeMoose

This better be resolved by the time Borderlands 2 is out. Lol.

hesdeadjim6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hesdeadjim6
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
their is no link posted after u put link idiot
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dustin5421
it is probably just updating to get ready for skyrim dlc"hearthfire"
GuyW01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GuyW01
I've been told they are updating the marketplace for it...
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Trinitarian
here is the proof read and weep, http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status now this will makes sense if you know computer programs
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dustin5421
here is the proof read and weep, http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status now this will makes sense if you know computer programsTrinitarian
that doesn't mean it was hacked it just means that they are experiencing some problems which may be due to the marketplace update.
tthejokerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tthejokerr
I was actually able to download the new bf3 update wich if anyone is curious was about 180 something megabytes but right after i downloaded the update it kick me off and now when i test connection while not signed in it goes through all the way to xbox live but when i try to sign in to my name it fails.
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dustin5421
it kick me off and now when i test connection while not signed in it goes through all the way to xbox live but when i try to sign in to my name it fails.tthejokerr
same thing here
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Trinitarian
I've been told they are updating the marketplace for it...GuyW01
when have they ever shut down your ability to go online with your gamer tag just to add some market place content. This is a very advance cyber attack probably coming from Japan as they said.
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dustin5421
[QUOTE="GuyW01"]I've been told they are updating the marketplace for it...Trinitarian
when have they ever shut down your ability to go online with your gamer tag just to add some market place content. This is a very advance cyber attack probably coming from Japan as they said.

Microsoft hasn't said anything about a cyber attack and even if there was they would tell people right away so that they can try to protect personel information. and this has happened before when they released the first dlc for mw2. it shut the server down for a day or 2.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Trinitarian
[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="GuyW01"]I've been told they are updating the marketplace for it...dustin5421

Microsoft hasn't said anything about a cyber attack and even if there was they would tell people right away so that they can try to protect personel information. and this has happened before when they released the first dlc for mw2. it shut the server down for a day or 2.

You are wrong, i read it on xbox.com's forums you can still see them go check for yourself.
xOmegaxNinjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xOmegaxNinjax
He has a very valid point the xbox servers have a history of bein unprepared for dlc drops and expansions. Also if xbox was hacked it'd be all over Google and Microsoft to warn people of the hazard and to be ready to protect their personal information if they don't do this it would affect their terms of use contract.
litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 litttlejohn
Member since 2006 • 2247 Posts

having two systems, with one I left on when I fell asleep the issue is entirely signing in. on my other account I can't sign in. On the sytem that is on I can still do the same normal things.

If we would like to beleive it was a hack, its a pretty useless one that targets only one very basic feature which shouldn't be very difficult to source and than work to correct. of course thats again if we choose to beleive of a hack....... which is a foolish jump to conclusions.

but since you eskimos want to buy the ice...... I have a friend who told me trinitarians friend was fired for not knowing what he was talking about. my source is my friend and his friends who used to work with the now fired friend of trinitarian.

xXTRU3SNIPEZXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xXTRU3SNIPEZXx
looks to me like a ddos attack on there mysql server which is why the forums are not coming up unless there main server has blown up completely
MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MikeMoose

[QUOTE="dustin5421"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"]when have they ever shut down your ability to go online with your gamer tag just to add some market place content. This is a very advance cyber attack probably coming from Japan as they said.Trinitarian

You are wrong, i read it on xbox.com's forums you can still see them go check for yourself.

Xbox live forums are down. Stop trolling.

xOmegaxNinjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xOmegaxNinjax
How are you Abel to read anything on xbox right now? It's site is down thus the fourms as well and I doubt they post it before it happens... You aren't backing your case up very well.. sorry..
RollAFatBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RollAFatBud
phoned xbl and they said its an internal problem and they are working towards fixing it services should resume within a couple of hours, and your right if XBL had been hacked it would of been all over the place by now XBL aint as easy to hack as what PSN was shows what getting something for free does
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dustin5421
[QUOTE="dustin5421"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"]when have they ever shut down your ability to go online with your gamer tag just to add some market place content. This is a very advance cyber attack probably coming from Japan as they said.Trinitarian

If it wasn't posted by an admin then it is a rumor. And like i said Microsoft would have sent an email to all live users to tell them that they were hacked so that their users would have a chance to stop the hackers from getting at their personal information. until you can prove (and i mean legitimate proof) you are just spreading a rumor to create distress and attract attention to yourself.
litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 litttlejohn

ph, and btw the fact others are reportedly being signed off AFTER download updates is also evidence of this not being a hack. Had a hack existed the entire service would be pulled down, not just certain aspects. the complete shutdown is the stopgap to stop attacks if one were to occur, which of course has not.

well trinitarian this is your cue to explain how someone from japan used a unicorn and forced microsoft to not be able to shut down and how they have broken into every office and are running the servers on a generator powered by pixies.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Trinitarian

having two systems, with one I left on when I fell asleep the issue is entirely signing in. on my other account I can't sign in. On the sytem that is on I can still do the same normal things.

If we would like to beleive it was a hack, its a pretty useless one that targets only one very basic feature which shouldn't be very difficult to source and than work to correct. of course thats again if we choose to beleive of a hack....... which is a foolish jump to conclusions.

but since you eskimos want to buy the ice...... I have a friend who told me trinitarians friend was fired for not knowing what he was talking about. my source is my friend and his friends who used to work with the now fired friend of trinitarian.

litttlejohn
Well whatever they targeted you can't leave your xbox on forever. You can't see the forum now thats why my link wouldnt work but in the forum was a brief official yet unofficial announcement. Te MS employee stated that "no more infomation can be given at this time, however, expect offical word latter today when the full scoop of damage can be assessed. Also, the FBI has been notified and they requested that no more information be released at this time pending the investigation.:"
matthall7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 matthall7
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

we should all meet up online and cyber...we've got the time...

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Trinitarian

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="dustin5421"] Microsoft hasn't said anything about a cyber attack and even if there was they would tell people right away so that they can try to protect personel information. and this has happened before when they released the first dlc for mw2. it shut the server down for a day or 2.MikeMoose

Xbox live forums are down. Stop trolling.

they were up for awhile after the attack, i cheked now and its down too. so i'm not trolling sir.
xXTRU3SNIPEZXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xXTRU3SNIPEZXx
www.xbox.com has been shut down altogether now
cmacisbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cmacisbak
it is probably just updating to get ready for skyrim dlc"hearthfire"dustin5421
oh my god lol. im sorry i had to create an account just to stop this nonsense. for starters... do you really think that they are "updating" all of xbox live? including the application, the website, the forums, the severs, etc etc just for a dlc? lol lets be a little more logical than that... as for the others arguing about this xbox live "hacking escapade" what i want you to do i goto your xbox. sign in, when it says test connection, test it. when it says theres no problems between you --> network--> internet-->xboxlive realize that if the servers were down this wouldnt happen. just clarifying a few things. and im with the other guy about the sources.... a rumor is a rumor. until i get facts, or anyone in that matter does, xbox live hasnt been hacked..
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dustin5421
www.xbox.com has been shut down altogether now xXTRU3SNIPEZXx
if you sign out of your account you can get on the xbox.com site and into forums. im in there now and there is nothing about an attack.
kaelbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kaelbane
It's kind of weird that after more than an hour, there's nothing on Gamespot, BBC, or wired about it. Weak tech journalism!
xOmegaxNinjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xOmegaxNinjax
I highly doubt that xbox would allow its millions of paying customers to sit around during a hack and not have any clue it would go against contract and cause almost as much trouble as the hack its self. Further more if your "quote" is true it'd be on a like on Google and other major search engines iv been looking all over for reports to bring standing evidence to the problem but none has arose. If this is a hack Microsoft is going to have a lot to fix but I remeber when mw2 was released.and slammed the server for 2 days even then they had regular warnings and kept people up to date almost to the hour.
xXTRU3SNIPEZXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xXTRU3SNIPEZXx
can anyone else try xbox.com as its completely offline to me ping the ip to site it says 1ms ping on all nodes which is very low and have never seen that before
xOmegaxNinjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xOmegaxNinjax
I highly doubt that xbox would allow its millions of paying customers to sit around during a hack and not have any clue it would go against contract and cause almost as much trouble as the hack its self. Further more if your "quote" is true it'd be on a like on Google and other major search engines iv been looking all over for reports to bring standing evidence to the problem but none has arose. If this is a hack Microsoft is going to have a lot to fix but I remeber when mw2 was released.and slammed the server for 2 days even then they had regular warnings and kept people up to date almost to the hour.
litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 litttlejohn

[QUOTE="litttlejohn"]

Trinitarian

Well whatever they targeted you can't leave your xbox on forever. You can't see the forum now thats why my link wouldnt work but in the forum was a brief official yet unofficial announcement. Te MS employee stated that "no more infomation can be given at this time, however, expect offical word latter today when the full scoop of damage can be assessed. Also, the FBI has been notified and they requested that no more information be released at this time pending the investigation.:"

well you've at least proven that you don't know jack about investigations conducted by United States Government. When has the FBI asked that cyber attacks go unreported and continue unreported. If anything then happens with accounts it puts them as liable for any and all costs to consumers who have information stolen, by forcing a company to not take preventative measures to secure that the attacks end, and damage be limited You obviously have no idea about policy. I'm sorry your friend who told you this knows nothing about policy.

tthejokerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tthejokerr
i can still visit it
dustin5421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dustin5421
[QUOTE="dustin5421"]it is probably just updating to get ready for skyrim dlc"hearthfire"cmacisbak
oh my god lol. im sorry i had to create an account just to stop this nonsense. for starters... do you really think that they are "updating" all of xbox live? including the application, the website, the forums, the severs, etc etc just for a dlc? lol lets be a little more logical than that... as for the others arguing about this xbox live "hacking escapade" what i want you to do i goto your xbox. sign in, when it says test connection, test it. when it says theres no problems between you --> network--> internet-->xboxlive realize that if the servers were down this wouldnt happen. just clarifying a few things. and im with the other guy about the sources.... a rumor is a rumor. until i get facts, or anyone in that matter does, xbox live hasnt been hacked..

no what i am getting at is that they experienced trouble when updating the market place. read my other posts before you start saying ****
xOmegaxNinjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xOmegaxNinjax
Xbox has been doing major updating including new apps and such this could be as simple as several things being added or as complicated as a server crash which someone pointed out would show up on testing connection.