Wtf have Microsoft done?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JB-Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JB-Graphics
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts

Right.. Xbox live was fine a few days ago. Then we had this "Update".

Now when I search a game on anything I either get "Unable to join" or it freezes and lags me out.

Everytime these smackheads try an update something goes wrong.

JB-Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JB-Graphics
And another nice little freeze up as we speak.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

fairly new to the 360?

in my experience this is usually what happens after any of their updating or maintanence. usually don't notice any improvements, and have a lot of problems.

JB-Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JB-Graphics

fairly new to the 360?

in my experience this is usually what happens after any of their updating or maintanence. usually don't notice any improvements, and have a lot of problems.

KaotiK_un_basic

Ive had xbox 360 for about.. 2-3years xD

They've robbed me around £1,000.. Just for replacements.. And I do know about the updates and stuff crashing. but.. it freezes every 5 minutes.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
now XBL is down alltogther. ne1 no when it's coming back on? This better not b out all day
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
Live is down for me too.
JB-Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JB-Graphics
Im online now.. :/
KingDridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingDridge
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts

been down since midnight....

its not 2pm ...... this is getting REALLY old. 48 hours of down time?.. Kinda ridiculious

expecially since when they put it back up, it just.. crashes again and goes back down

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Im mad i pay for this service

LynQ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LynQ08
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
Microsoft should just give us the update then maybe it will fix the problem
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

http://analoghype.com/blog/2885/new-confirmed-feature-for-the-new-xbox-experience/

This

DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts
Yeah, I've been having problems with my XBL the past few days. I though it was my connection.
Czenkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Czenkus
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
I'm also a pc gamer, MMO player in wow.. server resets and updates are a pretty normal thing.. at least that is what I figured was common knowledge during updates and patching... problems can happen and unforeseen downtime can arise. Should i too turn into a raving idiot about "omg I pay 4$ a month for this!!!" Anyone ever actually run just ONE server for a game? If so you probably have been laughing like I do at such silly threads ^.^
Hitman1202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hitman1202
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
You guys need to calm down. They just did huge maitnance on the servers, they need time to adjust. Its not going to work perfecly right away. Why dont you try doing something else like hanging out with your friends rather then sit on ur xbox 24/7
DragonFlyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonFlyJ
Member since 2008 • 658 Posts

You guys need to calm down. They just did huge maitnance on the servers, they need time to adjust. Its not going to work perfecly right away. Why dont you try doing something else like hanging out with your friends rather then sit on ur xbox 24/7Hitman1202

I have no friends. What now?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#16 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5904 Posts

If Live is down, then there must be a reason. Mine was out until about an hour ago, now it's working like it always has

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

MFDABADKID

You pay about $0.14 a day for the service...

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dawq902

If Live is down, then there must be a reason. Mine was out until about an hour ago, now it's working like it always has

Blueresident87

where do u live? It may be only working in some parts of the country/world

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blueresident87
[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Dawq902

I live in South Carolina

I_prefer_Ian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_prefer_Ian
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
Its funny, because last time I remember the service going out over the holidays everyone was entitled to a free game for it. So I wonder if we'll see anything for it if this isn't fixed soon. http://games.slashdot.org/games/08/01/06/1429221.shtml Granted we expected the day to be down from the update, but it does get frustrating to not be able to play on the few days I have off.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MickeyTheNinja

I have 360 since + of 2 years, i love this console, but M$ is a BIG PILE OF SH**!! U have to pay to play live, and always have problems! Every time that freezes, they are STOLEN YOUR MONEY!! Some of the DLC are very expensive, and more than once my saves as been corrupted because of them! :evil:MadnusXXL

Jesus Christ, you people act like itsthe end of the worst when Live is down for a few hours/1 day. They are giving you a whole new interface and everything for FREE!!!!!!!!!! Be appreciative!!!!!

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dawq902
[QUOTE="Dawq902"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Blueresident87

I live in South Carolina

i don't think it's an area thing then. 1 of my friends is on and we live in Massachusetts

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blueresident87
[QUOTE="Blueresident87"][QUOTE="Dawq902"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Dawq902

I live in South Carolina

i don't think it's an area thing then. 1 of my friends is on and we live in Massachusetts

Yeah two of my friends live in the same city as me and they can't connect. I get signed out when I start a game, but i can sign right back in no problem

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="MadnusXXL"]I have 360 since + of 2 years, i love this console, but M$ is a BIG PILE OF SH**!! U have to pay to play live, and always have problems! Every time that freezes, they are STOLEN YOUR MONEY!! Some of the DLC are very expensive, and more than once my saves as been corrupted because of them! :evil:MickeyTheNinja

Jesus Christ, you people act like itsthe end of the worst when Live is down for a few hours/1 day. They are giving you a whole new interface and everything for FREE!!!!!!!!!! Be appreciative!!!!!

Not that I'm complaining about paying, because I don't mind at all. But let's not fool ourselves by calling it free.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I just got home from school and I turned on my Xbox and I also have no LIVE. I did the Test Connection thing and it says that XBL was connected so then I try to sign in and it fails, do the test connection thing again and it says XBL failed.
highlandlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 highlandlight
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hey can any of you guys get on xbox.com?
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#31 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Its funny, because last time I remember the service going out over the holidays everyone was entitled to a free game for it.I_prefer_Ian

But that was poor service for 2 weeks non-stop...this has been 1.5 days...and 1 day was advised to everyone in advance.

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MickeyTheNinja

hey can any of you guys get on xbox.com? highlandlight
hey can any of you guys get on xbox.com? highlandlight

Yeah

MadnusXXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MadnusXXL
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Men, i don't know if its my service, but not pass a day without problems whit live, some little(freezes), some very big(DLC damaging profile), so if u think that i'm wrong, i really sorry, but that's my feelings.:|
silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silencers3
Member since 2004 • 755 Posts

[QUOTE="I_prefer_Ian"]Its funny, because last time I remember the service going out over the holidays everyone was entitled to a free game for it.chex81

But that was poor service for 2 weeks non-stop...this has been 1.5 days...and 1 day was advised to everyone in advance.

huh wtf where was my free game?? freaking bull crap lol
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#35 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
[QUOTE="chex81"]

[QUOTE="I_prefer_Ian"]Its funny, because last time I remember the service going out over the holidays everyone was entitled to a free game for it.silencers3

huh wtf where was my free game?? freaking bull crap lol

we got undertow (XBLA)....meh game

Avatar image for Richmaester6907
Richmaester6907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Richmaester6907
Member since 2007 • 1969 Posts
Mines randomly DC me so Im just gonna leave it for a while try again 2moz or sommit its no big deal ungreatful people alot of you are honestly
belboy1206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 belboy1206
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
my burnout paradise downloads got lost. then wen i beat all the showtime road rules it said i couldnt connect to live?
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
things are all screwy with the last update. It should be back to normal in a day or two.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="MadnusXXL"]I have 360 since + of 2 years, i love this console, but M$ is a BIG PILE OF SH**!! U have to pay to play live, and always have problems! Every time that freezes, they are STOLEN YOUR MONEY!! Some of the DLC are very expensive, and more than once my saves as been corrupted because of them! :evil:MickeyTheNinja

LOL, who seriously would pay for a interface anyways? Of course those are free, that's like saying you should be happy you get bug fixes for your game! It's nonsense nobody asked for a new interface and we most certainly didn't ask for our service we pay for to be interrupted.
Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

You guys need to calm down. They just did huge maitnance on the servers, they need time to adjust. Its not going to work perfecly right away. Why dont you try doing something else like hanging out with your friends rather then sit on ur xbox 24/7Hitman1202

I lol'ed in my pants when I read this.

Huge maintanence is a laugh. They didn't do anything. When the new dashboard comes, then you can call it a "huge maintanence". Until then, I will keep loling.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts

yea they are giving us a new interface. but you know what, i'm happy with the one we've got now. i could care less about avatars, they seem like a silly gimmick to compete with the miis and home. if i were to add all the days that live has been down since i got a 360 i would get about a month of time i couldn't play because they had the servers down. that is flat out stupid when we pay the equivalent of a game a year for it. i'd much rather spend that 50 bucks to buy a new game instead of a service that frankly isn't any better than the free service offered by ps3 when it comes to just playing games online.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

MFDABADKID

5 Dollars a month is a hefty fee.I wouldnt worry about it, chances are well get something free out of it.

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDABADKID"]

spazzx625

You pay about $0.14 a day for the service...

For only 14 cents a day you can feed some homeless kid somewhere... :D
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
OMG we can't play xbox games online for a few days AHHH its the end of the world, come on give MS a break their only trying to make LIVE better
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

.. i know its only $5 a month, but we still are paying for it. By new years it will reach one month of downtime, adding with it last holidays seasons problems. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS, while my xbox wasn't able to connect to live, i could only play 2 of the 24 arcade games(hexic + duke nukem3d) I PAID FOR AND APPARENTLY OWN. all the others reverted to "trial versions", even braid did not work. ALSO i could no longer stream media to my xbox, as it said "media update required", which i had already downloaded months ago when it came out.

PS: most of the themes that i have did not work either. DOES THIS NOT BOTHER ANYONE THAT WE CANNOT USE THE GAMES WE PAY FOR IF NOT CONNECTED TO LIVE??? this is ABSURD!!! I for one, will NEVER pay to download anything again. This is lame.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

OMG we can't play xbox games online for a few days AHHH its the end of the world, come on give MS a break their only trying to make LIVE better2pac_makaveli

Yeah live is down. whatever. dont you wish you were allowed to play the arcade games you bought?? you're an idiot my friend for swallowing all this corporate hyperbole. You pay for these games, you should be able to play them while NOT connected to live.

ps: nice Profile picture, it suits you.. Let me guess hes still alive somewhere on an island in the pacific?? with elvis and biggie and buddy holly and the big bopper, john lennon... kinda trailing on, you get the idea

wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

[QUOTE="2pac_makaveli"]OMG we can't play xbox games online for a few days AHHH its the end of the world, come on give MS a break their only trying to make LIVE betterdRuGGeRnaUt

Yeah live is down. whatever. dont you wish you were allowed to play the arcade games you bought?? you're an idiot my friend for swallowing all this corporate hyperbole. You pay for these games, you should be able to play them while NOT connected to live.

ps: nice Profile picture, it suits you.. Let me guess hes still alive somewhere on an island in the pacific?? with elvis and biggie and buddy holly and the big bopper, john lennon... kinda trailing on, you get the idea

I can play all of my arcade games without being connected to live. Learn something before speaking. Transfer your license... Not that hard.