Will new Xbox Carry things from old?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Will the new xbox carry on your gamerscore and friendslist? How about memory wise? Will you be able to carry on your old games and online data?

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Absolutely no clue. I'm sure some things will be carried over like gamerscore.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I'm sure gamerscore and friends list will carry over. With xbox live being so big I can't imagine micrsoft making people make a new account and starting over with achivments. You wil probably just log into to Xbox live like normal and still keep the same friends and gamerscore.

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

I'm sure gamerscore and friends list will carry over. With xbox live being so big I can't imagine micrsoft making people make a new account and starting over with achivments. You wil probably just log into to Xbox live like normal and still keep the same friends and gamerscore.

toddx77

No clue. The 720 could still be a year or two away.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#5 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

We know next to nothing about the next Xbox, all we have are rumors which should not only be taken with a grain of salt. But I have a feeling we will be seeing the next Xbox revealed real soon, I recall reading an article on IGN that showed product shipment listings for the next Xbox in late 2013.

I think at E3 we will see the new Xbox. Only things I can say for sure is that it will probably have Blu Ray (it has to), built in Kinect functions, and there is a new game being made for it called Destiny, it's being developed by Bungie and it's a first person MMO. It's also coming to the PS4 as well, but it is being made for the next Xbox first.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Will the new xbox carry on your gamerscore and friendslist? How about memory wise? Will you be able to carry on your old games and online data?

RiKanKiDD

Well, I'm just taking an educated guess I'm sure things like gamescores, friendslist and video/music media purchased off of LIVE should carry over. Anything else is anybodies guess...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

RiKanKiDD
technology isn't that bad to even think like that...
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#8 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I would assume your XBL account would carry over, including your gamrscore, friends and games.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I would assume your XBL account would carry over, including your gamrscore, friends and games.

BuryMe

I agree !

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Since Microsoft allowed us to carry our XBL account + friends list over from the original xbox to the xbox 360, I can only assume that they will allow you to bring over everything, that is linked to that account, to the new xbox.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
how would any of us know? They haven't announced a new system yet let alone mention about system transfers
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I would think everything Xbox Live related will carry over. Your GS, your friends, etc. I think they're switching their point system though so it'll be straight up money like the PSN but other than that I think Xbox Live will remain the same. As for backwards compatibility.. no clue. They'd be wise to do it though. I can see the 360 going strong for another 2 years after the new one releases. I doubt everyone will switch right away. The games coming out right now for 360 are great so unless I see something truly breathtaking and spectacular as a launch title, I'll probably stick with my 360 for a while.
vamroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 vamroc
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

They haven't announced a new system yet let alone mention about system transfers elisay

Actually MS has said a new system is coming and it's expect to be revealed at E3 with a 2013 fourth quartar launch window plus the new system is not going play any of the old games

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

i'm hoping the next gen xbox will at least be able to continue to play 360 games.

It was terrible how microsoft gave up on making original xbox games compatible... the games they did do looked pretty great when played on it... other then a few bugs.

i'm not sure why backwards compatibility is such a big deal, my pc can play every game from the dos era to now using simple emulators like dosbox, mutibooting and things like that. i have a first gen ps3 which plays all ps2 games, but yet sony cheaped out on ps3s after that and gave up on the ps2 games... (which we later saw the reason for this was to cash in at the downloadable ps2 games)

Ice_mann_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Ice_mann_117
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Not sure how true it holds, but I have read that the new box is going to have more PC like attributes. It will still be considered a console only, different. haha

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I sure hope so... I hope whenever the new Xbox comes out all your digital downloads, and arcade games work on the new Xbox. Microsoft has built a fantastic service, and would only hook more people in if all of these we're transferred over.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
People would flip if they couldn't move everything over. I imagine that it's pretty much guaranteed.