why r u racist?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slicnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 slicnick
Member since 2003 • 188 Posts
i just wanna no why in most online competative games soo many ppl are extremely and for no reason racist, ovrly c**ky, and talk so much trash when u no a lot of them would never talk like that if they werent hidin behind a mic game and internet. and for those of u who play music dnt get me started. thank u for the mute option
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

i just wanna no why in most online competative games soo many ppl are extremely and for no reason racist, ovrly c**ky, and talk so much trash when u no a lot of them would never talk like that if they werent hidin behind a mic game and internet. and for those of u who play music dnt get me started. thank u for the mute optionslicnick

You answered your own question... because they are losers who can't face people in real life, so they have to make up for it when they are in a situation where no harm can come their way. I can't stand the ignorance and bigotry either. I'm with you man.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
This belongs in your blog.
verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 verde622
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
You've made a sweeping generalization. That is a logical fallacy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
Nice title.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
This belongs in your blog.gp19
agreed
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I agree. These people are the biggest cowards you'll ever face. And for people who think this should be in his blog, don't bother responding to it. Does it really bother you that he posted this thread on this forum site that you have to tell him to go somewhere else for it?

i just wanna no why in most online competative games soo many ppl are extremely and for no reason racist, ovrly c**ky, and talk so much trash when u no a lot of them would never talk like that if they werent hidin behind a mic game and internet. and for those of u who play music dnt get me started. thank u for the mute optionslicnick

Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
its because they are all 12 year old nerds who, to make themselves feel better decide to try and talk like a tough guy when they are clearly not. and to the people who wrote this should be in your blog if you don't like a thread don't post in it its a simple system.
Mikeyspikey0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mikeyspikey0
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
i don't mean this in any rasist way, even if it might sound like it: weren't we allways told that if you cut a black man, they bleed? well then, what i don't see is why black people complain about other people being nasty to them. They perfectly know them selfs that there the same, so why moan about it, be proud you are black, if someone calles you the N word, don't retaliate, nither ignore it, just say "im proud to be a black person, got somthing rong with that?" If we kept on like that, the rasist people would stop, because there just the same as bulies, and once you just " go along with it" they'll stop. i understand, that some white people kill black people, becuase of ... things, ( odn't real what to say because its not fair on the black people)well, shame on them, you see, there the people that think, that black people, arn't people, where as " these kids on Xbox live that call black people nasty names" know they are people, they just think there big and though say these things anyway, i hope this has kinda made you feel better, apart from the little rat at the start.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts

slicnick I don't think thatmany people in most online competative games are racist. I think there is a very few in fact,but most of the time these people are the most vocal with their opinions. Its sad that racism still exists but it does and it always will. If you are the target of racism I suggest you standup for your beliefs and express your feelings. I think you would be pleasantly surprised to find out that a lot more people will agree with you than a racist jerk. Just don't stoop to their level and become a racist yourself.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

lol some time ago I was in a halo3 ranked objective match CTF or something. this guy talked trash to our other team members for beeing not as good as he was in the game. he mentioned something like "go play private matches if you suck that much". So I said hold on its just a game. so he replied/shouted "why do you play it if you suck!". what he didnt see is the fact I had 2 flag scores and he one. so I said FU and left the match and he gave me bad feedback for it.

this only happend to me once tho.

digitalman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 digitalman42
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

I think it's stupid to hate someone because of bring a certian race. But I know alot of people are upset about african americans getting so many hand outs.

SWIFT_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SWIFT_UK
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

why am i racist? i'm not lol

but really your right, theres alot of it going around in online gaming from complete idiots. but i think one thing to remember alot of it comes from ignorance and just snotty nosed kids that think it's funny or extreme/ makes them look cool... for example i've had loads of racist comments thrown at me in a game even if the person throwing the insult knows i'm not of that race anyway.

it's just sad idiots that think there cool.

ontop of that, i don't think censors will ever help, will probaly have the opposite effect and people will use which ever word more

- of course there are the racist gamers out there, all that can be done is get them banned. and thats about where this topic ends and get's marked as spam or something probaly

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
cause of the free cookies?
juniortiburon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juniortiburon
You are right, people just start offending others on the internet, and telling racist remarks, and people like that should be banned from getting into Xbox live for good.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Are you in the Underground area? If not, report them.

Racism has been scientifically proven to be a natural human instinct,what is foreign could be dangerous, i.e. you develop a dislike for the unknown and different. But this really isn't the place to discuss idiots and law etc

But please report people who are racist and break the TC by playing music etc.

rebirthofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rebirthofman
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts
Its more of the "Telephone Tough guy Syndrom". They feel safe in their own home talking smack when in the real world they would get beat down for such remarks.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Its more of the "Telephone Tough guy Syndrom". They feel safe in their own home talking smack when in the real world they would get beat down for such remarks.rebirthofman

A lot of it is just no-life nerds taking a few cheap shots because they've never experienced power in their whole life.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

People these days have forgotten the meaning of good sportsmanship. It's sad.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Yeah I don't know racism is pretty stupid, I mean **** we're all only human other animals don't seem to give a damn about it.But anyway yeah some of the people you get in them online games are just complete morons, especially most of the kids which deserve someserious toughening out.
GalesOfOctober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GalesOfOctober
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
Maybe because I'm racist?
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Maybe because I'm racist?GalesOfOctober

What a Disgrace, open up your mind a little mate we're all human here its a huge possibility that someone on these forums is different to you jackass.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
It gets pretty tiring when you hear all the idiots saying a bunch of trash.
Jacken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacken89
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
theyre just trying to get under your skin?
Avatar image for dbzultimate3134
dbzultimate3134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 dbzultimate3134
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
if someone pisses me off of course im gonna b rascist, i dont do it for no reason and i would do it even if i wasnt jus behind a mic, and mayb people shouldnt take everything to heart geez its jus internet talk y get so angry bout it
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
Because they know it's so much easier to talk crap over the internet because you can't cause them any physical harm. It's annoying, yes, but you have to learn to deal with it. Usually when someone drops an N-bomb on me (I'm a proud African-American) I usually just nicely tell them "Can we refrain from using the N-Word here? We came to have fun and it's disrespectful." and, for the most part, it works. Racism is becoming less tolerable everyday and if more people shunned others for being a racist, it should die down on Live.
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

Maybe because I'm racist?GalesOfOctober

Do us all a favor and don't have any kids... end the cycle with your ass, please. Don't want you spreading any of that ignorance to our future generations.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

if someone pisses me off of course im gonna b rascist, i dont do it for no reason and i would do it even if i wasnt jus behind a mic, and mayb people shouldnt take everything to heart geez its jus internet talk y get so angry bout itdbzultimate3134

Case and point. As long as there are guys like this secretly stewing in there's moms basement everynightthen there will always be racism in online games. I deal with it by making it my whole purpose of the match tohunt down and melee this guy.

Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts

Why am I racist?

I'm not racist.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
well i think you;re ? has been answered, the protection from the internet is the reason.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Because they know it's so much easier to talk crap over the internet because you can't cause them any physical harm. It's annoying, yes, but you have to learn to deal with it. Usually when someone drops an N-bomb on me (I'm a proud African-American) I usually just nicely tell them "Can we refrain from using the N-Word here? We came to have fun and it's disrespectful." and, for the most part, it works. Racism is becoming less tolerable everyday and if more people shunned others for being a racist, it should die down on Live.stevenk4k5

Thats about right. Im notAfrican-American, but i cant stand ignorance in any form. Ive said many times in a game, "Lets cut the racist stuff out.", and most times peopleactuallyDO stop. Its hard to believe, but you have to speak up. If they harass you, like they do me for speaking up, theres always a mute button, or you can just leave and find another room, which i do both of often. But i believe that everyone whos offended by the ignorance of racism should at the very least speak up and let them know its NOT accepted by everyone.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

Part of it is the fact that they are hiding behind the internet, but there's something else that I've noticed. It's getting more and more ridiculous to be a white male these days. If you aren't a white male you are allowed to say whatever you want about other people (especially white males), and it's ok. You're allowed to be proud of what you are, and it's ok. If you are a white male you aren't allowed to say anything negative towards someone who is "different" than you, because you are being some sort of "ist", and you sure as heck better not be proud of the fact that you are white and/or male. That's completely not allowed these days. I'd say a lot of these kids on the internet don't know how to deal with this sort of thing and this is their way of dealing with it.

I like Steven4k5's way of dealing with it. It's better to basically ignore them in this way, because they want you to get angry. Also, the next time you hear kids spouting this crap remember that this is their only way to retaliate to the socially acceptable (for some stupid reason) rascism that they have to put up with. So, you should probably feel a little sorry for them.

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

[QUOTE="gp19"]This belongs in your blog.Jericho721
agreed

all your posts are belong to us! you will not survive make your time!

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

I believe like some others have mentioned previously that those who say racist things say it only because no one can make them pay for it in their bedrooms. They probably say it because they think it's cool and they want to get laughs out of others in the match. There's no place for it on Live nor in society. Everyone needs to just stop hating someone based on color, sexuality and gender. What's the point? I could never hate someone that I don't know. There are a few bad apples within every ethnicity, country, neighborhood and corporation. I blame parents as well who teach their children to hate. You ever go to a park and there are a bunch of little ones playing? Black, white, asian, indian.. etc??? Children don't see "color". We are not born to hate - we are taught to hate and that is very, very sad. So everyone that has experienced racism has to try to ignore it. There are a lot of ignorant individuals out there and you can't worry about what you can't control.

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts

[QUOTE="slicnick"]i just wanna no why in most online competative games soo many ppl are extremely and for no reason racist, ovrly c**ky, and talk so much trash when u no a lot of them would never talk like that if they werent hidin behind a mic game and internet. and for those of u who play music dnt get me started. thank u for the mute optionjpstill85

You answered your own question... because they are losers who can't face people in real life, so they have to make up for it when they are in a situation where no harm can come their way. I can't stand the ignorance and bigotry either. I'm with you man.

why does it matter play the game and don't pay attention to them

letting them know ur listening to them and its upsetting u is what they want

gorbyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gorbyak
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Wow, this is really funny. I was talking yesterday to my friends about this.

First of all it seems on XBL that everytime I am waiting in between matches, I hear either the N word, a your mom crack, or you're gay.

Normally it seems its people under 20 years of age doing so, so the later the night gets the better it is. Its absolutly annoying, because for the most part, its people trying to act tough. Yeah really tough you're playing a video game on a Saturday night.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

generalizing everone (saying their all racist) is a form a racism

hypocrite

not even gonna read what youre inside says, im too offended:cry:

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

This belongs in your blog.gp19

fo' sho'.

But to answer your question I think it's because when these kids can't think of anything else to say when trash talking because they lack wit and creativity. And since race is the easiest target thats what they go for.

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

generalizing everone (saying their all racist) is a form a racism

hypocrite

not even gonna read what youre inside says, im too offended:cry:

i-rock-socks

opposite of hetero.

BobbyKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BobbyKnight
Wow, who cares about this really ? All these african americans always looking for handouts and sympathy. I mean either deal with it or just shut up it is that simple. There are racist in life and in video games and all this " Oh they wouldn't say that in real life " is just a bunch of crap. Learn to deal with it because when I say something over a mic I'll back it up in person. So sure sit there and act like white people are scared of african americans thats just FUNNY really.
Cowburn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cowburn199
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

And why can't you type correctly?

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Well, most of the time people just do this to be funny and are better persons in real life.
BIRDSdaWORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BIRDSdaWORD
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts

I agree with you BOBBYKNIGHT.

The bottom line is, while I don't go out and start confrontations with other ethnicities, we are all raised to think certain ways. I have friends with different ethnicity, but I could never take one home to introduce to my family as a "girlfriend".

Say what you want, blacks are just as racist as whites and so on and so on. Stop being politically correct and man up about your true inner thoughts.

toenip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 toenip
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts
i hav jst started to play gears again and when i first played al the games i went into the people that plyd in there were quite cool. new games came out and most they games went to play they games, well 6-7 months on there are alot of jackasses on it now thinking there are gd at it but the thing istheyhave jst stayed on gears playingthat allthe time when are ppl like me have went to play different games. these ppl think they are gd and start trash talking but the thing is tht we want to xperince different games and end up not being that great on comin bck to play it they games we hav not plyed in awhile.
mushycookie800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 mushycookie800
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
Thats right. They have no friends and its there way to take their pain out on everyone else.