why does almost everyone here hate halo 3?

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#101 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="naruto7777"]because there haters who just want to hatethumbsdown01x

Or maybe, just maybe, they have a different opinion.

I didnt know all humans were alike in every way.

You sir, are what the word ignorant represents.

Mimic Denmark and mitu.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between having an OPINION, and bashing something each and everytime it is brought up. You cannot even mention Halo casually without people jumping on your case. People that feel ripped off by Rumble Roses or DOAX2 don't say too much. People that refused to complete Ninja Gaiden or Tenchu games stay silent after a while.

But you can barely mention Halo without forum users getting overlly excited. This is why topics like these are questioned. Yes, they are "haters" that simply like to hate. If bashing Halo didn't cause so much splash, they'd just ignore Halo related things all together.

There could be thousands of articles with the heading "from the creators of Tenchu Z" that'd be ignored. But an article with the text, "Henry Ford plays Halo 2" will get bombarded with arguments. Just a nerd rebellion.

While I understand what your saying, why would I bash Halo 3, I haven't even played it yet. Plus, these topics are nearly pointless, there's always going to be an argument that goes nowhere when these are made. I can't even bash or have an opinion on this game since I haven't even played it, it wouldn't be right. I should had just ignored this altogether.
i_pk_pjers_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 i_pk_pjers_i
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Because either they suck or because it's popular.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mitu123

I'll explain why Halo 3 is hated so much. it is simple. The answer is: internet people.

This doesn't just go for Halo 3, it goes for most popular products. What's the most popular TV series you can think of? There are leagues of online forums against that show. It's just "internet people."

Complaining about Halo 3's "hype" is just plain ignorant. Halo 3 is "hyped" no different than any other movie that's coming out. Snakes on a Plain, Steven Seagal... whatever. The odd thing is, Halo 1 is the only game that seemed "hyped to me." I don't remember the developer's claiming Halo 3 is the best game ever. The commercial of Halo 3 didn't even show "gameplay," just toys. Halo 3 was popular not by "hype," but by the popularity of the original games.

It's just the way INTERNET PEOPLE behave, and I'm gonig to stress the term "internet people." Get a tv show with the most views on Sunday nights, yet leagues of forum people bash it. it's just that simple.. i honestly do not remember much "hype" of Halo 3... maybe Halo 2 and 1... but not 3. The commercial alone wasn't hype, so I'm guessing the "anger" of over-hype comes from the forum people.

Hate Halo 3 as much as you want, it is one of the top played games on Xbox live. That means there are a large amount of people who like that game. In school, Halo 3 is mentioned often. I suppose if you don't like Tenchu, you'd trade it to the store. Don't like Halo 3, post about it. If forum posters were representative of the human population, Halo 3 online would be empty, and cartoons would be all in Japanese.

thumbsdown01x

Internet people is one of the reasons, the other is previews of many games. When reading the features of an upcoming game, your usually hyped because you'll think those features would make the game better and the last game was successful as well, but when it comes out, it may not live up to the hype because you expected too much, it didn't live up to the hype the way you wanted it to be and you bash it. Your statement makes sense as well.

Since I haven't played Halo 3 like I said earlier, I can't comment on the game. Since most people on this topic hated it, I don't know if I should try it or not, not sure yet.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#104 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="thumbsdown01x"]

I'll explain why Halo 3 is hated so much. it is simple. The answer is: internet people.

This doesn't just go for Halo 3, it goes for most popular products. What's the most popular TV series you can think of? There are leagues of online forums against that show. It's just "internet people."

Complaining about Halo 3's "hype" is just plain ignorant. Halo 3 is "hyped" no different than any other movie that's coming out. Snakes on a Plain, Steven Seagal... whatever. The odd thing is, Halo 1 is the only game that seemed "hyped to me." I don't remember the developer's claiming Halo 3 is the best game ever. The commercial of Halo 3 didn't even show "gameplay," just toys. Halo 3 was popular not by "hype," but by the popularity of the original games.

It's just the way INTERNET PEOPLE behave, and I'm gonig to stress the term "internet people." Get a tv show with the most views on Sunday nights, yet leagues of forum people bash it. it's just that simple.. i honestly do not remember much "hype" of Halo 3... maybe Halo 2 and 1... but not 3. The commercial alone wasn't hype, so I'm guessing the "anger" of over-hype comes from the forum people.

Hate Halo 3 as much as you want, it is one of the top played games on Xbox live. That means there are a large amount of people who like that game. In school, Halo 3 is mentioned often. I suppose if you don't like Tenchu, you'd trade it to the store. Don't like Halo 3, post about it. If forum posters were representative of the human population, Halo 3 online would be empty, and cartoons would be all in Japanese.

mitu123

Internet people is one of the reasons, the other is previews of many games. When reading the features of an upcoming game, your usually hyped because you'll think those features would make the game better and the last game was successful as well, but when it comes out, it may not live up to the hype because you expected too much, it didn't live up to the hype the way you wanted it to be and you bash it. Your statement makes sense as well.

Since I haven't played Halo 3 like I said earlier, I can't comment on the game. Since most people on this topic hated it, I don't know if I should try it or not, not sure yet.

You should probably go into the game deciding how it is on your own.

Assuming you like Perfect Dark Zero, I trust you disagree with most people's thoughts on it. I can't see why you can't approach Halo in the same fashion.

Decide for yourself.

Both Halo and Halo 2 got the same treatmeant, so it's not as if Halo 3 is of a remarkably lower quality or somthing.

It's a great game over all, but it's not for everyone(just like every other product in existence).

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

cause they´re sony fans or just like to run their big mouth like "halo sucks cause it sucks" come on stop hating what u love Halo is the best online game and with an incredible story and not quite "finished"

everybody likes it it´s not perfect but what a hell you´re not that critical with the crappy sony games now r u? i wanna see KZ2 and RE2..."taking down gow2" don´t make me laugh

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="thumbsdown01x"]

vashkey

Assuming you like Perfect Dark Zero, I trust you disagree with most people's thoughts on it. I can't see why you can't approach Halo in the same fashion.

Decide for yourself.

Both Halo and Halo 2 got the same treatmeant, so it's not as if Halo 3 is of a remarkably lower quality or somthing.

It's a great game over all, but it's not for everyone(just like every other product in existence).

Ok, thanks, I should give it a try, I actually do that quite often, but on certain games I have to listen to others, yeah I should pick it up, I ended up liking PDZ despite the harsh reviews, it's good to have intelligent members like you on here.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#107 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="thumbsdown01x"]

mitu123

Decide for yourself.

Ok, thanks, I should give it a try, I actually do that quite often, but on certain games I have to listen to others, yeah I should pick it up, I ended up liking PDZ despite the harsh reviews, it's good to have intelligent members like you on here.

Perfect Dark Zero actually got very good reviews :) I also quite liked perfect dark zero, great shooter.

And i dont hate halo 3, not at all. I just personally dont think its anywhere near all the 9´s it got. Im not much into the online part, so i pretty much just had the single player, which was a standard shooter with a standard sci fi plot.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 mitu123
Most critics liked PDZ(Gamespot as an example), but most fans of the original didn't like it(I'm a fan of he original and still liked it).
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#109 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
although I don't play it all the time, it's still a great game! :D
Sophocles420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Sophocles420
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Everyone likes it they are just upset they arent good whether its lack of hand eye coordination or brains they would rather play a game like COD4 where skill is tossed to the side and the company panders to people who whine and complain and justify it by saying its to make it more fair I would say when skill can't help u ie anyone can prestige in COD but in halo ur stuck actually playing people ur skill level so people run to games that dont track skill so they can quit out of games that are hard, to play people that suck instead so i'll pick the challenging game anyday i'm not afraid of ghosts
DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts
Halo 3 absolutely solid gameplay, fully realized and consistent fictional setting and solid online. I'd give it an A- but it certainly falls in the AAA game range because it a great all round product.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

I saw one post on here who said exactly what I was thinking, because they hate popular games (so people do at least). Anyway I found this to be a well worthed 9.5 on gamespot because I'm just into how the game stands out easily among other shooters. You look at COD4 (which is a great game don't get me wrong) and it's just your other shooter that gets replaced the next year, in my eyes. I love the game for hardcore/non-hardcore multiplayer, since you can just mess around with friends, make vids and screenshots, or just get some double kills every now and then ;). I was a tad disappointed in it's story though because it didn't have any of those "epic" moments (to me at least) that Halo 2 did, although it is tough to compete with bomb-dropping in outer space.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Everyone has an opinion. It doesn't matter what they say as long as you like the game. I've played Halo 3 a bit and it's great but man the community ruined it for me. Every once in a while i'll find a good game but the majority of the time it's just horrible. If Halo 3 was still worth more i'd probably sell it on eBay but i wont get enough money back.
GwannaSauna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GwannaSauna
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts

- It has a crappy control system. LT to throw a grenade? B to use your melee attack? :shock:

- The online sucks. There are no iron sights whatsoever. Press LT and lob a grenade. Wee. You can also jump 50 feet and land safely 2 hours later. Also, you move slow, and killing is simple: jump, shoot rocket, repeat.

- Did I mention it was overhyped?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 craigalan23

- It has a crappy control system. LT to throw a grenade? B to use your melee attack? :shock:

- The online sucks. There are no iron sights whatsoever. Press LT and lob a grenade. Wee. You can also jump 50 feet and land safely 2 hours later. Also, you move slow, and killing is simple: jump, shoot rocket, repeat.

- Did I mention it was overhyped?

GwannaSauna

Since when can hype be used against a game? If you didn't fall for it then it wouldn't matter..

Deluhathol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Deluhathol
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

I will attempt to summarize this to the best of my ability, feel free to disagree with me, but I don't really care either way.

First of all, Halo never really did anything revolutionary in the whole series; they just happened to be the first people to have a half decent shooter on a console that everybody loved because it was the ONLY one of its kind; they didn't do anything particularly well, they just made a kiddie friendly version of quake or unreal tournament and stuck it on a console. And it worked, much to the disgust of PC gamers who had been playing far better games of the same genre for years without anybody drooling over them. And it continued to work another two times, despite the fact that Bungie released pretty much the same game three times in a row; the rather sheep-like public continued to fork over their money for derivative lameness simply because everyone else told them it was a good idea.

Because of the above, Halo has always been overhyped because it became the signature shooter of the consoles, simply because it was the first, not because it was good. Graphically underwhelming, and playing the same as any PC game from back in the era it was released, it was just nothing special at all, and yet it received an absurd amount of attention. This made people justifiably upset with the stupidity of the entire situation, and the ignorance of most console gamers of the history of PC gaming.

That's pretty much it, Halo is a decent series of games that have been horribly overhyped. That is why people "hate" them; because ignorant gamers love Halo for no good reason.

If you disagree, I really don't care; I am simply stating what I KNOW to be fact. Also, as a matter of fact, I will not be checking back to see the responses this post gets, I just hope I might be able to educate some of the people who actually would like to learn some of the history from people who were there; so you can leave your witty responses unposted, thanks.

Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts
i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it hot_juicy_steak
I dont like how i have to throw a grenade then empty half a clip into a guy for him to die. I dont like the fact that you run like your running with lead weights on your feet. I dont like the fact that the sight is near the bottom of the damn screen. I dont prefer a LOT of the game mechanics. It doesnt do anything original really, yet is credited for it. Only thing i can really note it for is the melee and grenade function while holding a gun out. I didnt care about the story or the characters at all. ....Seriously...AT ALL. lol. average to above average graphics. I hate gears of war but id say gears had more looks then halo 3 did. I see it as an average shooter relating to a slow deathmatch type of game for multiplayer. The only time i play mine is when i get bored of rainbow six vegas 2 or cod 4. If i want something with map control or speedy gameplay though typically ill run to quake 3 or 4. But as i said. I dont like halo 3 because of a few gameplay mechanics that are default. I cant play custom games without having to invite someone. Which is a pain because almost none of my friends play anymore or if they do play they stick strictly to default rules.
Don0van

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 Don0van
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
its not much different then halo 2 thats pretty much why story isnt to great and you can only play online so long
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

I will attempt to summarize this to the best of my ability, feel free to disagree with me, but I don't really care either way.

First of all, Halo never really did anything revolutionary in the whole series; they just happened to be the first people to have a half decent shooter on a console that everybody loved because it was the ONLY one of its kind; they didn't do anything particularly well, they just made a kiddie friendly version of quake or unreal tournament and stuck it on a console. And it worked, much to the disgust of PC gamers who had been playing far better games of the same genre for years without anybody drooling over them. And it continued to work another two times, despite the fact that Bungie released pretty much the same game three times in a row; the rather sheep-like public continued to fork over their money for derivative lameness simply because everyone else told them it was a good idea.

Because of the above, Halo has always been overhyped because it became the signature shooter of the consoles, simply because it was the first, not because it was good. Graphically underwhelming, and playing the same as any PC game from back in the era it was released, it was just nothing special at all, and yet it received an absurd amount of attention. This made people justifiably upset with the stupidity of the entire situation, and the ignorance of most console gamers of the history of PC gaming.

That's pretty much it, Halo is a decent series of games that have been horribly overhyped. That is why people "hate" them; because ignorant gamers love Halo for no good reason.

If you disagree, I really don't care; I am simply stating what I KNOW to be fact. Also, as a matter of fact, I will not be checking back to see the responses this post gets, I just hope I might be able to educate some of the people who actually would like to learn some of the history from people who were there; so you can leave your witty responses unposted, thanks.

Deluhathol

Well granted it may have been overhyped to many people. Then again look at when it came out to begin with, it's not like there were any special shooters on N64 or PS, in my opinion and I've played quite a few games back then. Technically it did do some things revolutinary or easier with vechile combat and of course being one of the first FPS shooters to be played online by a console (like you stated), if my memory serves me right. Just because it doesn't do anything revolutionary, doesn't mean it can't be a great game. It simplified shooters to consoles, doesn't mean you should sully it for that. If your criticizing Halo why not critisize consoles for not getting to online and good shooters sooner.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#120 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

its not much different then halo 2 thats pretty much why story isnt to great and you can only play online so longDon0van

You could say the same thing for practically any sequel on the 360. And people were saying it about Halo 2. And people bashed Combat evolved before it.

Theres really very little rationale over the constant bashing of Halo.

Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
1 & 2 bored the pants off me so I've not bothered with 3 :( the covenant are rubbish enemies as well and the guns don't 'feel' right when you fire them. IMHO
Diccalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Diccalf
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Halo was great when it was the best (only good) fps out there, and it esentially started the fps craze. but now there are so many more fps games better than halo these days.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#123 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
tring to find sense in the internet is pointless, its okay if someone dislikes the game, but it is different to read in almost any halo topic, Halo 3 is the worst game ever it looks plays and looks mediocre at best, it is not revolutionary, yet most people has it as a played recently, and if it didnt revolutionize, it fused things in a good manner, if you dont like it as stated before you are entitled to your own opinion but dont state yur opinion as a fact, if you comply about having to empty a gun and nuke your enemy for a kill....hey you are supposed to be super soldiers who have the capacity to fight hordes of alien enemies dont be ridicule in that stuff, is halos way, even they made this SWAT game list to kill an enemy in 2-3 shots
ISargin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 ISargin
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

It's just a prettier version of Halo 2. It's overrated and minus multiplayer is a mediocre shooter. What I mean to say is it's nothing really special or revolutionary.

DeliriumGlo

thats it. im sick and tired of hearing this. for one. its a more balanced version of halo 2. and second of all and most importantly. saying minus the multiplayer is so stupid!!

you could say that for any game.

tell me. how "Great" would call of duty world at war be without multiplayer? how many times would you play gears of war again without the multiplayer.

im really sick of people playing that card. Halo 3 was basically made for its multiplayer . if it was supposed to be a straight single player game. they wouldve made it better. seriously people. get real.

atreyu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125 atreyu27
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts

Halo 3 is a GREAT game and if some people don't realize it, good for them. Halo 3 is the best if not in the top 3 shooters on Xbox 360. The replayability is almost unlimited with the playlists, theater, forge, new maps, great matchmaking system..etc.. the gameplay is awesome imo.

The only people who don't like it just don't get it.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#126 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Every successful gaming series has a very vocal crowd of haters, because people think they're cool when they bash a game that most people enjoy.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
I am not being funny but it might be because people who hate the game are CRAP AT IT!...yeh I know your all gonna hate, but it had to be said. Anyway most people hate Halo because it gets more attention then similar games like Half Life and such so fans of half life give it a lot of hate...and just so you know I like a Halo but I like Half life as well so I am not trying to say half life is rubbish compared to Halo or anything.
63rdAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 63rdAwesome
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Because it's clunky, outdated, and unbalanced. Halo 3 is exactly the same as Halo 2, just without as much glitches. It's still the same thing; the team who secures the laser or sniper first, wins. Not only that, the story direction is just plain retarded. Halo: CE was interesting and the emergence of the flood was surprising, the other two games: "Oh no! More rings and more zombies!" It's such a shame to see Bungie, creators of the revolutionary Marathon series go down the toilet.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#129 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Because it's clunky, outdated, and unbalanced. Halo 3 is exactly the same as Halo 2, just without as much glitches. It's still the same thing; the team who secures the laser or sniper first, wins. Not only that, the story direction is just plain retarded. Halo: CE was interesting and the emergence of the flood was surprising, the other two games: "Oh no! More rings and more zombies!" It's such a shame to see Bungie, creators of the revolutionary Marathon series go down the toilet.63rdAwesome
hahahahaha omg fantastic, 'the team who secures the laser or sniper first wins' yes, because both those weapons have unlimited ammo, dont respawn and once you have the weapon u cant die...absolute genius, and if u feel that way, why dont u try and rush there to get them yourself, instead of complaining. sounds like ure not very good at the game and have a bit of a chip on your shoulder
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 chaoscougar1
1 & 2 bored the pants off me so I've not bothered with 3 :( the covenant are rubbish enemies as well and the guns don't 'feel' right when you fire them. IMHORainbow_Lion
the guns dont feel right? what are you basing that off? when was the last time u saw someone fire a spartan laser? or a needler? or hell even a battle rifle?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#131 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
Because people here like to hate popular things. It's a great game that's why it got AAA reviews and continues to be a top 2 XBL game.xboxplayer1990
This is correct. I don't see anything wrong with the game to be honest, but I already have enough games as it is and I play a lot of stuff besides FPS games, so that's why I don't have any of the games. But the characters, story and gameplay all seem solid, so if anyone is complaining about it it's only because they can.

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it wile315

remove yourself from the online aspect and your left with a mediocre game. People on the board dont hate it, we just think that it didnt live up to the hype in a big way.

Yeah, but if you take online play away from the 360 altogether, what do you get? It wouldn't be bad, but we post-year-2000 humans can't seem to live without the Internet and online communities anymore. Once you open that door and explore the possibilities of digital downloads and online multiplayer, it's hard to go back, because that offers much more value to an already great thing. So to even try to look at the game without its online capabilities is to deny yourself half of the game's experience.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="xboxplayer1990"]This is correct. I don't see anything wrong with the game to be honest, but I already have enough games as it is and I play a lot of stuff besides FPS games, so that's why I don't have any of the games. But the characters, story and gameplay all seem solid, so if anyone is complaining about it it's only because they can.

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it wile315

remove yourself from the online aspect and your left with a mediocre game. People on the board dont hate it, we just think that it didnt live up to the hype in a big way.

Yeah, but if you take online play away from the 360 altogether, what do you get? It wouldn't be bad, but we post-year-2000 humans can't seem to live without the Internet and online communities anymore. Once you open that door and explore the possibilities of digital downloads and online multiplayer, it's hard to go back, because that offers much more value to an already great thing. So to even try to look at the game without its online capabilities is to deny yourself half of the game's experience.

you take MP out of CoD and Gears and u have the exact same thing, that problem isnt confined to halo
xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

Halo 3 deserved the score it recieved on Gamespot. IMO the online is the best FPS multiplayer available. There's plenty of maps, plenty of different modes to play, as you rank up there's always a challenge when playing ranked matches. Not to mention there's ALWAYS THOUSAND, even one hundred thousand people online at one time during any time of day. I've played at 3am and still found 100 thousand people on Halo 3.

Pretty much the multiplayer is or damn where near a 10/10. As far as the single player, the first THREE levels were the worst, but after that the gameplay was amazing. I'd rate the singple player a good 8/10.

It definetly deserved the score it recieved. In fact I think it could of got a better score, considering so many other games that wernt ANYWHERE near in comparison, regardless of what type of game they are, got over 9.0's.

Gears of war was sort of like a complete opposite of halo as far as score wise. It had an excellent single player, but not as good of a multiplayer. Gamespot gave good reviews on both.

Halo 3 is still my favorite online multiplayer game I own, and i've tried most. Not saying it's far superior than everything else, but the fun factor is there, especially when you're playing ranked big teams with friends or something. I've never experienced a laggy game unless it was myself lagging.

xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

Because it's clunky, outdated, and unbalanced. Halo 3 is exactly the same as Halo 2, just without as much glitches. It's still the same thing; the team who secures the laser or sniper first, wins. Not only that, the story direction is just plain retarded. Halo: CE was interesting and the emergence of the flood was surprising, the other two games: "Oh no! More rings and more zombies!" It's such a shame to see Bungie, creators of the revolutionary Marathon series go down the toilet.63rdAwesome

Funny, Halo 3 is far better than Halo 2 in any way. I'd never find myself going back to Halo 2 after Halo 3. Whatever team that secures the Laser or Sniper wins? Sounds like you either suck at Halo 3 online, or you're just talking out of your ass.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="63rdAwesome"]Because it's clunky, outdated, and unbalanced. Halo 3 is exactly the same as Halo 2, just without as much glitches. It's still the same thing; the team who secures the laser or sniper first, wins. Not only that, the story direction is just plain retarded. Halo: CE was interesting and the emergence of the flood was surprising, the other two games: "Oh no! More rings and more zombies!" It's such a shame to see Bungie, creators of the revolutionary Marathon series go down the toilet.xsalvioutlawx

Funny, Halo 3 is far better than Halo 2 in any way. I'd never find myself going back to Halo 2 after Halo 3. Whatever team that secures the Laser or Sniper wins? Sounds like you either suck at Halo 3 online, or you're just talking out of your ass.

i have to say i much preferred the maps on halo 2, i really hope the mythic ones can change my mind
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#136 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I dislike how people say that it's just Halo 2 with a fresh new coat of paint and it does nothing new... Did these people just go play the game real quick so that they can bash on it to begin with? I don't know about anyone else, but if every developer incorporated everything that halo 3 has, then their games would be waaayyy better. How many games out there has as many features as Halo3 has? Halo3 was clearly built from the ground up as the ultimate multiplayer experience and it is.

First of all, you have the ultimate party system... you never have to leave your party to do something different in the game. You can play Campaign with 3 other people, multiplayer(obviously), forge, watch replays, customize your character and you can even download new maps without having to leave the lobby. Did people take all this for granted? Plus, Bungie gives the most support for their game than any other developer out there.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate it when hard work goes unrecognized.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chaoscougar1

I dislike how people say that it's just Halo 2 with a fresh new coat of paint and it does nothing new... Did these people just go play the game real quick so that they can bash on it to begin with? I don't know about anyone else, but if every developer incorporated everything that halo 3 has, then their games would be waaayyy better. How many games out there has as many features as Halo3 has? Halo3 was clearly built from the ground up as the ultimate multiplayer experience and it is.

First of all, you have the ultimate party system... you never have to leave your party to do something different in the game. You can play Campaign with 3 other people, multiplayer(obviously), forge, watch replays, customize your character and you can even download new maps without having to leave the lobby. Did people take all this for granted? Plus, Bungie gives the most support for their game than any other developer out there.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate it when hard work goes unrecognized.

a55a55inx
thats a good point, in no other game have i found a party system as good...they had an awesome one in halo 2 and they improved it greatly in halo 3, except i am dissapointed there was no clan option
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Hey I don't hate it. I ignored the hype cause no game is THAT good.DoMiNiC147

Halo is an OK shooter nothing more + it's a jaggfest on my monitor. I also can't believe how they ****** up the split-screen co.op, it's unplayable.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="DoMiNiC147"]Hey I don't hate it. I ignored the hype cause no game is THAT good.Epak_

Halo is an OK shooter nothing more + it's a jaggfest on my monitor. I also can't believe how they ****** up the split-screen co.op, it's unplayable.

what makes it unplayable?
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
[QUOTE="Epak_"]

[QUOTE="DoMiNiC147"]Hey I don't hate it. I ignored the hype cause no game is THAT good.chaoscougar1

The screen gets cropped to this little screen when I try to play it at my TV's default resolution (kinda like the Re5 demo). I found out that you should turn the resolution to 480p when playing in co.op. I did it and the picture is all vertically squashed when I enter the game. It's really hard to see anything with those settings.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Epak_"]

Epak_

The screen gets cropped to this little screen when I try to play it at my TV's default resolution (kinda like the Re5 demo). I found out that you should turn the resolution to 480p when playing in co.op. I did it and the picture is all vertically squashed when I enter the game. It's really hard to see anything with those settings.

i never had that problem while play horizontal, but i did have that problem with CoD:WaW, when playing co-op there were two little (i mean little, they took up less than half the screen) boxes and couldnt find a way to change it
agdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 agdell
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
I love halo i still play it all the time
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Wow, this thread was so fresh and interesting when it was posted last fall, and it's even moreso now. :roll:

Halo:

Halo: Combat Evolved was a historically significant shooter and introduced or popularized many innovations that are still found in shooters today. The Halo franchise has met with enormous financial success and critical acclaim. It is by any reasonable standard "good."

Thread creator: Most everyone here does not hate Halo 3, or Halo at all. (At least I don't think so.) For some reason, Halo has become one of the favorite bash topics for trolls, who like to start threads with poorly-reasoned and genre-ignorant rants about why they don't like the game. Why people feel a need to do this, I'll never understand. There are all sorts of popular game franchises, even whole genres, that I don't like. I simply don't play them, and I certaintly don't want to talk about them to others.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I do not hate Halo 3, I just think that it might of got a lil overhyped.
DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts

[QUOTE="Don0van"]its not much different then halo 2 thats pretty much why story isnt to great and you can only play online so longvashkey

Theres really very little rationale over the constant bashing of Halo.

True. Solid gameplay. A story that is consistent with the fiction. Solid online.

A deep fully realized fictional verse, with solid 1st person gameplay to complement it. Nothing wrong with why it's hyped, especiallly when you judge it against it supposed competition in 1st person action scene.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Because it gets way more attension than it should. There are way better games out there that don't get enough attension... such as Fallout 3.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 craigalan23

Because it gets way more attension than it should. There are way better games out there that don't get enough attension... such as Fallout 3.RobboElRobbo

Completely different game.. Not to mention Fallout 3 is in no way underrated it gets talked about all the time.

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

Wow, this thread was so fresh and interesting when it was posted last fall, and it's even moreso now. :roll:

Halo:

Halo: Combat Evolved was a historically significant shooter and introduced or popularized many innovations that are still found in shooters today. The Halo franchise has met with enormous financial success and critical acclaim. It is by any reasonable standard "good."

Thread creator: Most everyone here does not hate Halo 3, or Halo at all. (At least I don't think so.) For some reason, Halo has become one of the favorite bash topics for trolls, who like to start threads with poorly-reasoned and genre-ignorant rants about why they don't like the game. Why people feel a need to do this, I'll never understand. There are all sorts of popular game franchises, even whole genres, that I don't like. I simply don't play them, and I certaintly don't want to talk about them to others.

Palantas

the clouds opened up and down came palantas. with some kind words to say. *Strums Harp*

fudgiebrown1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 fudgiebrown1
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts
Some people think that liking halo, is conforming to a mainstream gaming genre.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I just had more fun with Halo 2.