why does almost everyone here hate halo 3?

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for hot_juicy_steak
hot_juicy_steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hot_juicy_steak
Member since 2008 • 1096 Posts
i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Hey I don't hate it. I ignored the hype cause no game is THAT good.
xboxplayer1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xboxplayer1990
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts
Because people here like to hate popular things. It's a great game that's why it got AAA reviews and continues to be a top 2 XBL game.
wile315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wile315
Member since 2004 • 362 Posts

i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it hot_juicy_steak

remove yourself from the online aspect and your left with a mediocre game. People on the board dont hate it, we just think that it didnt live up to the hype in a big way.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

It's just a prettier version of Halo 2. It's overrated and minus multiplayer is a mediocre shooter. What I mean to say is it's nothing really special or revolutionary.

Avatar image for pimpster2003990
pimpster2003990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pimpster2003990
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it wile315

remove yourself from the online aspect and your left with a mediocre game. People on the board dont hate it, we just think that it didnt live up to the hype in a big way.

what game ever does???

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I dont like it. Only reason I started to play was because of the online co-op. Once my friend got rid of his game it just wasnt fun anymore playing the campaign. I just cant finish the campaign because its get boring and I end up playing something else.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it wile315

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard, what happens if u did that with gears and cod 4? same thing...

Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Shermans_HUD
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
The reason "everyone" hates it is all the hype that was put into the game before and after release, especially since we have the "keep it clean" promo and the Mythic Map Pack coming up
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chaoscougar1

The reason "everyone" hates it is all the hype that was put into the game before and after release, especially since we have the "keep it clean" promo and the Mythic Map Pack coming upShermans_HUD

yeh advertising a game is a stupid idea, and who do they think they are trying to keep it new and exciting, some nerve

Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
it was fun for a while,but the online in my opinion was terrible,only because a bunch of little kids screaming everywhere and awhole bunch of racists and it was full of bs. But after you play it too much,it gets awfully boring.
Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
I still think its great and i still play it on a regular basis, theres absolutely nothing really wrong with this game.
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

it was fun for a while,but the online in my opinion was terrible,only because a bunch of little kids screaming everywhere and awhole bunch of racists and it was full of bs. But after you play it too much,it gets awfully boring.RandomWarrior69

I don't think anyone took the Gameplay experience my change the rating thing seriously till they played on live.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
graphics arent amazing, all the textures are kinda blurry, they overuse bloom (something most devs grew out of 2 years ago), and the framerate is like 30 fps. but i do agree that the game is good, its pretty fun and everyone has it so its pretty much the 2nd shooter for most people (assuming its not their first choice already). the only things i dont like about halo is the maps (but the big ones are good) and graphics, like i just explained.
MrClean44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrClean44
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
To be honest the graphics realy arent that great, and all you get is a slightly upgreaded version of halo 2.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I have loved Halo since Halo1. Bought Halo 1 before the Xbox was even released..I love the coop and splitscreen deathmatch. What I dont like about Halo games is one second you empty 3 clips into someone only to be killed by the butt of their gun.Same thing when using the sword. Its off balance.

You know its off balance when everyones favorite wepeon is the pistol over a machine gun. Couple shots from the pistol and you are dead...3 clips from a machine gun..nothing..

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
I don't hate it, but I would much rather play other games (such as COD4)
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

I love the "take away the multiplayer and it is a mediocre shooter"

Take away Team Fortress 2's multiplayer and it isn't even a game, let alone a shooter.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

^

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chaoscougar1

I have loved Halo since Halo1. Bought Halo 1 before the Xbox was even released..I love the coop and splitscreen deathmatch. What I dont like about Halo games is one second you empty 3 clips into someone only to be killed by the butt of their gun.Same thing when using the sword. Its off balance.

You know its off balance when everyones favorite wepeon is the pistol over a machine gun. Couple shots from the pistol and you are dead...3 clips from a machine gun..nothing..

FunkyHeadHunter

pistol...really? yes halo 1's pistol was unbalanced, but they have definately fixed it since then

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I like it, but it is just too similar to Halo 2, a game I played almost every day for like 2 years.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Amazing graphics... :lol:
Good gameplay... :lol:
Good story... :lol:
Awesome online... :lol:

The games pathetic.

The graphics couldve been done on the Xbox, aside from the water.
Gameplay is boring and redundant. Shoot, jump, grenade- BORING
Story is pathetic. Too predictable and there's nothing to keep you on the edge of your seat as in Halo: CE
Online is okay, but its filled with lag on BTB and the betrayel booting system sucks.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

The games pathetic.

Story is pathetic. Too predictable and there's nothing to keep you on the edge of your seat as in Halo: CE

Matt-4542

We're not talking about COD4 here.

The_360_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_360_Ghost
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

Allow me sum up the posts and then proceed to destroy them:

1. Halo 3 would suck if it didn't have online multiplayer.... duh! Any game would suck if they based it on online multiplayer and then took it away. WoW would suck without online multiplayer, just like Mass Effect would suck without a storyline.

2. It was overhyped due to advertisments... if you were a game creator and you had made this game and wanted to get the general public to know about and then buy your game what would you do. Advertise, the more the better. Advertisements weren't about overhyping the game to provide a disapointment to the public (Bungie's not quite that sinister) it was mearly the end of a great series and Bungie wanted to go out with a BANG!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
The game is fine but it's just more of the same. It feels like Halo 2.4 really. The graphics are okay but they just seem like shinier Halo 2 graphics. Compared to games like Gears and CoD4 it just doesn't hold up in my opinion. Gears 2 is going to destroy it!
The_360_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_360_Ghost
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

The games pathetic.

SSCyborg

lol, thank you! However if you see me defending CoD4 in a differant forum it's not that I'm a hypocrit it's that I like to defend something that has no hope of winning, regardless of how much it does or does not suck

Ted_Bundy000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ted_Bundy000
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
I really liked to play online with it a lot, but then I got to skill 45 and just could not get any higher than that. So, it started to piss me off becuase I could not get a higher skill. At the moment I'm not playing halo 3 anymore; I'm playing Castle Crashers. It has really addictive gameplay and a very unique leveling system. If you liked the old SNES Teenage Mutant Turtles side scrolling game, and the old Simpsons Arcade side scrolling game, then I recommened trying the free trial download on the marketplace.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

The games pathetic.

SSCyborg

I dont even play Call of Duty 4, nor did I even mention it.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

The games pathetic.

Matt-4542

I dont even play Call of Duty 4, nor did I even mention it.

well that went straight over your head

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

I don't think "everyone here hates Halo 3".

I think SOME people here feel INDIFFERENT about Halo 3. It was an above average FPS, nothing more.

Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
Most people hate it because it got all the hype and failed to meet THIER expectations. Some hate the graphics because it has jaggies or its too colorful. But i think its still the best exclusive to be on the 360.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
Don't worry not everyone hates Halo here... 2000 matchmaking games online and counting... see you online!
Avatar image for Meftah_iz_Beast
Meftah_iz_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Meftah_iz_Beast
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't say amazing graphics when you have games like Bioshock and CoD4 out there. But, I am a fan of the multiplayer. It didn't live ot it's hype, but hype can also come from the people as well as the company. I think everyone was just expecting too much of it. For this game, I go with this motto:

"Set your standards low and you will never be disappointed."

~Meftah~

AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

To be honest the graphics realy arent that great, and all you get is a slightly upgreaded version of halo 2.MrClean44

Most hardcore Halo 2 fans would disagree. Halo 2 had better gameplay, IMO. Halo 3 is still good but it lacks a few things that made Halo:CE and Halo 2 so special.

xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
i don't hate it. i just really don't like the game. it gets old fast and too many little kids play it and QQ about everything.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="wile315"]

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it chaoscougar1

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard, what happens if u did that with gears and cod 4? same thing...

wow your so wrong COD4 had a fantastic SP thats one of the reasons it got great scores and gears of war had a fun SP so onto halo 3 yep it was mediocre.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="wile315"]

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it TX360

wow your so wrong COD4 had a fantastic SP thats one of the reasons it got great scores and gears of war had a fun SP so onto halo 3 yep it was mediocre.

CoD4's and Halo 3's SP were bad. Both were too predictable, and over way too soon.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts
The game is awesome!The history the online everything!I'm lovin' it!
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="wile315"]

[QUOTE="hot_juicy_steak"]i mean its a good game you gotta admit. amazing graphics, good gameplay, story is good, online is awesome. i dont see whats there to hate here. so why do ppl exactly hate this game? i love it, and still play it TX360

its the principle, he is talking about removing a key aspect in a game, one that if u removed from any game would drop it down in value. ure telling me that u would have been happy to play the gears and CoD 4 campaign as much as u have played online?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I think Halo is a great series. I like Half Life and a bunch more but that doesn't make it bad. I can accept people not liking Halo, but they should accept that the series has great ratings and sales.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I didn't mind the single player game, but I'm not a fan of the online. I just cant get into it, to much jumping around for me. I'm more of a call of duty person myself. Like mentioned its not that people around here dont like it, the hype just got people expecting much more than it delivered.
nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 nickmat_tycoon
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
No, everyone in system wars hates halo 3. here, we all appreciate that it is probably the best game for the xbox 360, and possibly, the best game this generation
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

i bring up this analogy every time i hear this type of statement brought up and it's because it fits in perfectly...

people rooted for the giants just because they didnt want to see the undefeated, 3 time super bowl winners, win again. they rooted for the opposing team just to put down the best. same is the case with halo 3. people wanted to hate it because it was the best and most popular and so they looked for a game to jump ships to and there was cod4.

and of course people expected too much from the game, but that was undoubtedly their own faults. i dont hate the game. im just entirely worn out from the halo experience. i played halo 1 and halo 2 so extremely much that i dont think i played halo 3 for more than a month, and i dont care to go back and play it either.

and for the people that say halo 3's single player is just ordinary well they are full of it. halo managed to have balanced and varied weapons, intelligent enemy a.i., an interesting story and overal very solid gameplay...that to me makes a pretty good game. these people are the same people who would say call of duty 4's single player is the second coming even though its just as generic if not more generic than halo 3, didnt have as good of a story, didnt come close in enemy ai intelligence and was a heck of a lot shorter, but hey fanboys will be fanboys.

andyrae11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 andyrae11
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
For the ammount of time put into developing the game it just looks like Halo 2 with fancier graphics. Same stuff.
nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nickmat_tycoon
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

For the ammount of time put into developing the game it just looks like Halo 2 with fancier graphics. Same stuff.andyrae11

why change a masterpiece?

Avatar image for Console_Gamer13
Console_Gamer13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Console_Gamer13
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I love the "take away the multiplayer and it is a mediocre shooter"

Take away Team Fortress 2's multiplayer and it isn't even a game, let alone a shooter.

SSCyborg
that's not even something you could compare it to, tf2 is an online only, but halo still has single player. mind you the single player can be easy and repetetive, because you run one way kill some people, then go another way, kill more people. BUT! isn't that most shooters?
Thagypsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Thagypsy
Member since 2008 • 1250 Posts
The single player is terrible. Couldn't even make it past the first level I was so bored
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#50 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Because it sucks furious amounts of **** ? Because it manages to completely bastardize what started as a great and compelling story in the first game and turn even the campaign and story into a mindless deathmatch? Because it started the whole teabagging phenomenom? Because its difficulty is horribly schizophrenic compared to the first two? Many people keep giving it high review scores purely on the multiplayer, and completely forgo the campaign/story mode. Well, if it was such a perfect game, ALL parts of the game would be fantastic, and not just the MP. The SP/co-op clearly did not live up to the review scores that this game was getting. We can't just excuse the SP because the online is supposed to be better. Much like Countersuck, the MP isn't that good either. If anything, it's just basically all about who gets to be the biggest **** online that wins at all. Which only furthers to create a heinously hostile gaming environment that finally became "the straw that broke" this camel's back. :evil: Even on the subject of MP (again), the lag was hideous and heinous. if even so much as ONE person only had 3 bars instead of the full four, lag becomes immediately unbearable and makes games unplayable. Also, WHAT part of TEAM OBJECTIVE do you all not understand? :evil: