Why are people always hating on Halo???

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ay_Boo_Boo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ay_Boo_Boo
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

I mean jeez, its a fantastic game! But I always see people saying COD4 is better than Halo 3, which it simply isnt. Halo 3 is a lot more polished, has a better story, better ending (I mean comon COD4 is so cliche), longer single player, WAY better multiplayer, WAY better and detailed stat tracking (bungie.net amazing how many stuff you can see about your multiplayer career), it takes a lot more skill to be successful playing halo 3 in multiplayer because if you shoot a person with 3 bullets theyre not dead and they have a chance to fight back, unlike COD4 which pretty much consists of whoever sees who first wins the fire fight. THe musical score in halo 3 is a lot better than COD4 too. Pretty much everything in Halo 3 is better than COD4.

Try to dispute any of my points. Or try to prove that COD4 is better than Halo 3.

BoxFan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BoxFan86
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

It was because all the hype behind Halo 3

and seriously it isnt even the best game out of the 3

Ay_Boo_Boo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ay_Boo_Boo

BoxFan86

How could it not be the best outta the 3? Its the 2 combined, and then some!

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
haha No one likes you. I was actually about to agreen that people "hate" on Halo too much. But since you brought CoD4 into the fight I have to dissagree. Halo 3 is no where near as polished as CoD4. Better story, Both stories where pretty lame to me its about the action any way. Better ending, No halo's ending kinda sucked same for CoD4. I like MP on CoD4 more just because its my type of game. I could care less about how many times I killed a guy with a cone. I am not trying to prove anything I could care less. They are both great games and should not be missed by any FPS fan.
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

I mean jeez, its a fantastic game! But I always see people saying COD4 is better than Halo 3, which it simply isnt. Halo 3 is a lot more polished, has a better story, better ending (I mean comon COD4 is so cliche), longer single player, WAY better multiplayer, WAY better and detailed stat tracking (bungie.net amazing how many stuff you can see about your multiplayer career), it takes a lot more skill to be successful playing halo 3 in multiplayer because if you shoot a person with 3 bullets theyre not dead and they have a chance to fight back, unlike COD4 which pretty much consists of whoever sees who first wins the fire fight. THe musical score in halo 3 is a lot better than COD4 too. Pretty much everything in Halo 3 is better than COD4.

Try to dispute any of my points. Or try to prove that COD4 is better than Halo 3.

Ay_Boo_Boo

i agree with most of that. but most people here will disagree. its a lost cause to fight it. 1) becuase its a really old fight and 2) for some reason people actually think cod4 is better.

i actually liked the ending of cod4 though. it was kind of cool.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

It's natural.

Hype=Hate.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts

Ay_Boo_Boo
you just summed Halo 3 multiplayer, it's not about who sees who first, it's about, who gets luckier and can jump and hold the trigger longer. Call of Duty 4 actually consists of accurate shooting skills and good reflexes what a joke that game is.

PS. I love the realism of fighting against retarded alien monkeys

:|
Ay_Boo_Boo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ay_Boo_Boo
[QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

TheBigTicket21

you just summed Halo 3 multiplayer, it's not about who sees who first, it's about, who gets luckier and can jump and hold the trigger longer. Call of Duty 4 actually consists of accurate shooting skills and good reflexes what a joke that game is.

Ur a noob!

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Halo 3 sucks. That's just my opinion. You can't argue that. You think it's a good game, good for you, I'm glad you chose a place to stand. But we don't really need any more "y duu ppl hatez my haylo 3!?!/11!?" threads.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts
lets just say the game takes no skill, an average person can pick up the controller and pull off a headshot like peanuts
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 haven79
[QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

TheBigTicket21

you love the realism of fighting aliens? that doesnt even make sense. your input is no longer valid here.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
[QUOTE="TheBigTicket21"][QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

Ay_Boo_Boo

Ur a noob!

Ur a intelligent :o
LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts

Halo 3's ending left more questions than Halo 2's ending did. The MP on Halo 3 got boring real fast. The ranking system and stuff you unlock are actually useful in COD4 were as Halo 3's ranking system does not unlock anything other than useless outfits. You don't even have to play the MP to unlock most of the outfits either. The achievements in Halo 3 are just dumb and easy to get.

I am not saying one is better than the other, as they are both quite different. The only real thing they have in common is the fact that they are both FPS games. I am just listing the things that made Halo get boring quicker than COD4. This is my opinion only not fact.

haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haven79

Halo 3's ending left more questions than Halo 2's ending did. The MP on Halo 3 got boring real fast. The ranking system and stuff you unlock are actually useful in COD4 were as Halo 3's ranking system does not unlock anything other than useless outfits. You don't even have to play the MP to unlock most of the outfits either. The achievements in Halo 3 are just dumb and easy to get.

I am not saying one is better than the other, as they are both quite different. The only real thing they have in common is the fact that they are both FPS games. I am just listing the things that made Halo get boring quicker than COD4. This is my opinion only not fact.

LeviLRP

i agree with some of that... but cod got boring WAY WAY WAY faster than halo 3. and the unlockables in cod4 are lame. they arent balanced at all.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

BoxFan86
It is.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts
[QUOTE="BoxFan86"]

Immortal_Evil

It is.

Halo: CE gets the gold for that. I threw out the silver and bronze instead of giving them away to Halo 2 and 3.

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
People don't like Halo 3 because it got way more hype then it deserved, for the most part it doesn't take much skill, and some people don't like the single player. Like an above person said, if you like Halo 3 good for you. If you like it, like it and 1) don't make people change opinions (some people do) and 2) don't make threads about a topic that most people are done with.
printer72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 printer72
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoz-king"]haha No one likes you. I was actually about to agreen that people "hate" on Halo too much. But since you brought CoD4 into the fight I have to dissagree. Halo 3 is no where near as polished as CoD4. Better story, Both stories where pretty lame to me its about the action any way. Better ending, No halo's ending kinda sucked same for CoD4. I like MP on CoD4 more just because its my type of game. I could care less about how many times I killed a guy with a cone. I am not trying to prove anything I could care less. They are both great games and should not be missed by any FPS fan.Ay_Boo_Boo

Nobody likes you you f***ot.

I don't like Halo 3 because crap like that is all I hear when I play it and it gets old real fast.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

... because a big target is very easy to hit.

Want to stir up a little controversy? Say that you hate Halo. You'll have multiple page thread in no time.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
halo 3 was and is wack, i played it through campaighn on co-op with some mates wich was kinda fun but got borin after a while we beat it in 1 sitting bout 6 hours, and as for multiplayer i played it for like few weeks then just gave up on it,it bored the sh** out of me, its to simalar to halo 2 and i hated that game, wat wiv all the aliens n sh** , i dont no anyone that acctually playes halo 3 anymore, one of the worst over hyped games for 360, cod4 is sik its amazin best fps iv ever played online just makes me wanting more, so ye add me to another one that hate halo !!!
eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eric252

... because a big target is very easy to hit.

Want to stir up a little controversy? Say that you hate Halo. You'll have multiple page thread in no time.

VoodooHak

Very very true.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Because people think the game is the best game ever which is not. Number 1 was wonderful then after that people were going insane for little things like in Halo 2 "ZOMG DUEL WEAPONS!!!!" "IT HAS XBL!!!!!" Then in Halo 3 "YOU CAN CHANGE UR HELMET!!!!" "SKULLS MEAN SOMETHING!!!" and my favorite "THEY BRANG BACK THE RIFLE AND PISTOL FROM HALO 1!!!"
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Halo 3 is awesome its been since October last year when i played it though.I don't like the fact how its constantly compared to other games though, people should just enjoy the game for how it is instead of comparing it to games like COD4,GTA and whatever else you can come up with.
MiiOnWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MiiOnWii
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
Some People like Halo better some like Cod 4 better, it all just depends on the person. I think that Halo is more of a party game where friends can come over that played halo before or not can enjoy killing each other. whereas CoD 4 is more of a single person playing mutiplayer online. Either Way i think that both of them are not as good as GEARS OF WAR...FTW!!!!
Chronotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chronotime
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Ay_Boo_Boo

What? That's absolutely ridiculous. Halo 3 better than COD 4? No way. COD 4 had by far the better multiplayer. And in my opinion, a far more mature online community. In Halo 3 you could practically run around butting people with your rifle and survive. In COD 4 there's more skill involved. To say that Halo 3 has a better multiplayer is absolute bullsh*t. I agree, though, that COD 4's single player was short and a bit disappointing but some of the cut scenes were awesome. And anyway, you play COD 4 for MP, not SP.

Don't get me wrong, I've played all 3 Halo games but I feel that ever since the first game, everything's been going downhill. The first game was spectacular, and it truly deserved all the praise it got. The 2nd game, not as good, but still decent. By the time I played Halo 3 I got so bored that making it past the first level without turning the console off became a problem. Gears in my opinion was far better than Halo is and ever will be. And so was COD 4.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

Some People like Halo better some like Cod 4 better, it all just depends on the person. I think that Halo is more of a party game where friends can come over that played halo before or not can enjoy killing each other. whereas CoD 4 is more of a single person playing mutiplayer online. Either Way i think that both of them are not as good as GEARS OF WAR...FTW!!!!MiiOnWii

truss me gears ftw, i dont own 360 no more i got fed up of the rrod and bought a ps3 and never regretted it, but i no for sure that im gonna be buying a 360 for gears 2, but cant think of any other exclusive games i want for 360 ,thers more for ps3....

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

In my eyes, Halo 3 is better than CoD4. CoD4 has a great roller-coaster ride of a single player, but it was very short. Multiplayer is addictive, and the levelling and perks are genius.

But Halo 3 just has longer legs. It has co-op. It has the campaign meta game. The save film/pic feature is near-revolutionary for console games. Multiplayer has tons of options including creating game variants you can share with others. Then there's Forge.

Integration with Bungie.net offers tons of information for your gameplay history.

There's just so much more to do compared to CoD4 or Gears for that matter.

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eric252

Either Way i think that both of them are not as good as GEARS OF WAR...FTW!!!!MiiOnWii

Agreed.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts

COD4 is not a game its a run and gun simulation :)

LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts

COD4 is not a game its a run and gun simulation :)

Captain-Ichigo

Ok so there is no such thing as a driving game then HUH. They are all driving simulators.

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

TheBigTicket21

Wait so first to see the opponent first should always win the battle? What kind of crappy tactics is that, hell that is not even realism that COD4 fans proclaim is the best part about the game. COD4 takes way less skill to play multiplayer wise, you just spray and pray hoping that you finally hit someone or try to find the best hiding place without being seen and snipe. Not to mention the lame helicopter that racks up massive amount of kills that takes no skill to get in the first place.

At least in Halo 3 if you are shot first you have a chance of fighting back and winning, at least you can hide and not have to worry about getting shot through every surface possible (or so it seems in COD4). Also if you are could so easily in Halo by someone holding down the right trigger longer and jumping which I can only think you are referring to the AR, then you suck badly learn to fight mid range weapon like a battle rifle or use a sniper. Also I think its a lot more challenging killing someone when you have to hit them more then once, takes more skill to hit a moving target rather then someone you have to hit once and drops.

Avatar image for bluntmastaslaya
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bluntmastaslaya
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

Ay_Boo_Boo

dude im sorry but COD4 is definatley better than Halo 3. the cod4 multiplayer is phenominal, far superior to halo 3 in every way. halo has gone downhill ever since CE came out. which was one of my favorite games all time. but halo 2 was a step down, and halo 3 was just halo 2 with better graphics. is more of a challenging war simulator, the fact that you have less life makes it more realistic and more competative. cod4 has better weapons, more realistic. i disagree that pretty much everything in COD4 is better than halo 3.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

It's natural.

Hype=Hate.

destinhpark

Anyone that hyped it up ruined it for themself. I'm no fanboy i love both Halo 3 and COD4 both are great. I loved COD4's perks and how you get to choose the weapons you start out with. Plus unlocking stuff but i prefer Halo 3. It's because i'm more of a sci-fi shooter kinda guy but they're both great. I never hyped Halo 3 expected the same overall game just with more stuff added.

redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts

dude im sorry but COD4 is definatley better than Halo 3. the cod4 multiplayer is phenominal, far superior to halo 3 in every way. halo has gone downhill ever since CE came out. which was one of my favorite games all time. but halo 2 was a step down, and halo 3 was just halo 2 with better graphics. is more of a challenging war simulator, the fact that you have less life makes it more realistic and more competative. cod4 has better weapons, more realistic. i disagree that pretty much everything in COD4 is better than halo 3.

bluntmastaslaya

I love it when people say that, first of all no game is realistic. If you get shot in 'real' life you will fall down and more then likely not get back up let alone keep fighting. Secondly and more importantly Halo is not based on real life, its set in the future where there are aliens trying to kills humans, with spartan lasers, and super humans with body armor that have regenerating shields. So yes COD4 is more realistic then Halo but thats only cause Halo is not suppose to be thats why its called a sci fi shooter.

Also I love all the examples you gave to why COD4 is better then Halo besides the realism of course which is a lame arguement in itself. Comparing weapons seems hardly fair considering the placements of time in these games (modern warfare and future) but I must say when the M16 is pretty much the best weapon in the game (which is default) I wouldn't make an arguement for that one. More competetive is a joke cause its first one to see who and spray for your life hoping you hit first or hide and snipe all game long.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

I mean jeez, its a fantastic game! But I always see people saying COD4 is better than Halo 3, which it simply isnt.

Ay_Boo_Boo

that is why there is hatred toward the game. people say "Halo 3 is better than ____" as if it's a freakin fact. it's NOT a fact, and that doesnt mean it's a fact that CoD 4 is better than halo 3, that's not a fact either. People just cannot respect another's opinion worth a damn.

truetilldeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 truetilldeath
Member since 2004 • 756 Posts
I think this kinda belongs on System Wars, but because HALO = KIDS GAME ( or for all the older people that play it like its counter strike or something, for people that can't play any other FPS )

COD4 = ADULT GAME ( for people that don't have to depend on stickey grenades,shields and melee attacks for kills, AKA REAL SKILL )
truetilldeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 truetilldeath
Member since 2004 • 756 Posts

one last thing, the halo vs cod4 thing.
IM PUTTING THIS TO REST ONCE AND FOR ALL, RIGHT NOW.
SO READ.

I know ALOT of people who PLAY videogames ( not just the new halo when it comes out and swear by it as if it was a blood omen )
And after COD4 alot of people we're iffy about the game until they gave it a try , ever since then all of them dudes SOLD their copies of Halo 3, and play cod4 non-stop.
I find with people who play Halo 3, they think thats it, there is nothing else, nothing better, don't even give ANY other game a chance... which in reality Unreal is better, Cod4 is better and Counter Strike is better, and I'm sure there are some other games out there.
Hell Duke Nukem 3D's multiplayer was better then Halo 2-3.

But anyways, back to a point.
What kind of ranking system does Halo have?
Some corny one where you get like 10 Medals?
And then some cheesy teenage mutain ninja turtles rip off armor?
Wow? what does that do?
Seeing 90% of the time the players are either red or blue and you can't even really tell what they look like!

But anyways, majority of Halo's multiplayer modes also are pretty whack, I mean come on, rocket race?
What kind of illegitimate Jerry's kid put together this concept, sure it was fun the whole one time you played it to find out what it was, then after about 2 minutes you wanted to send Bill Gates a love letter enclosed with anthrax.

Call Of Duty 4 has some mighty solid game play, they keep it simple, but you can highly customize in a custom game.
I can't think of one mode that I don't dislike in the game, some may have one or two, but better then the 90% Halo average hate of online play.
ANOTHER thing while I'm at it, is Halo's oh so great ( once youre in the match maker menu, there is no backing out! )
Too bad if you have played territories for the 9th time in a row on Vahalla. Or whatever the map is called.

Also, COD4 is par-none to their leveling up system for online gameplay, I mean the customization of all guns, and perks?
Get outta here, I know their are some people that say, well that doesn't seem as well balanced as Halo , first play a few rounds and learn what you need to be equipped with for certain types of gameplay.
If you can't figure out how to "well" balance your character after awhile, then hope it self is down the end of a bottle of whiskey my friend, because you are a loser.

Also, then shucks why does Halo have sniper rifles, etc?
Because certain players are good with them and use them towards team ADVANTAGE just like in COD4 ( because COD4 is so un-balanced remember ? )

Also, the single player story mode, I'm sorry but Call Of Duty 4 wins hand down for innovation and shall we say, epicness?
Halo has this "I'm trying so hard to be over dramatic " to the point where it becomes a day time soap opera that your lonely babysitter sat around watching when she was watching you while your mother was at the bar cursing the day she had you born.

Halo must be under this pre-conceived misconception that if they use a bunch of AAAAA and's OOOHHHHH durring a game soundtrack, and some slow camera angles that automatically they have a HIT!
Screw the boring, clunky,large,loose feeling gameplay, its all about this douchbag in a greensuit running around killing the same things, that do the same things, in the same levels over and over.
With a bunch of crap brained aliens that make noises like BLARGGG and ARGGGG, I totaly almost crap my self when I hear those noises when I'm in a intense "halo" combat scene.

Bottom line , there are two types of gamers in this world.

The Wal-Mart gamers ( all you Halo nerds )

and the TRUE gamers ( who can RESPECT Halo for its achievements in well nothing, and give respect due where its needed to TRUE , REAL, NOT OVER HYPED GAMES )

Either way, we'll see when their sequels hit shelves in a few years, who is the real market champion now.

P.S. Who the hell likes sci-fi anymore?
Grow up, get a job, get a girlfriend and move on from the 93-99 era.

Muppetchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Muppetchief
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts

halo 3 is the simple game that will just never be. becuase it had so much hype leading up to it that people were expecting something truly amazing, and it wasn't. every time ive played halo 3 since playing COD4 ive been stuck in the same suituation where im thinking i wud rather watch paint dry than play this boring and over rated piece of crap bungie call a game. halo 3 was simply released way too early becuase new fps' are comming out and will show you the true meaning of fps'. the best thing is that they can only get better as technology moves forward. If bungie want to get the title of best fps' game they will simply have to wait a while and release a new game which will take everything by suprise but bungie probably wont do that because all they want is your money and im afraid to say it that they succeeded in that.

Muppetchief

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

I loved Halo 2... Omg that was my life... I also liked Halo 1 me and my dorm mates use to have some crazy lan parties with those two games... I never liked live cause of the dumb people on there....

But Halo 3 just pissed me off... the graphics looked just a tad bit better.... everything was the same to me.... but the replay addition was cool.... and that Ending sucked so bad it really made me HATE the game...all and all it was a big let down and it was not because of the hype either. It was just like Bungie said well they will buy it anyway why do we care.... I mean I dont own it cause I dont have a 360 but I played it til I beat it with my friend and after that me nor him have played it again

I cant get both systems so I just play my PS3... maybe if Halo wars shows me something I might think about getting a basic Xbox 360....

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I like both and Im tierd of threads like this:roll:
Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Muramasa_Edge
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts

Because Halo was simply put, 'just another clunky and poor FPS' in a market saturated with FPS games. The main thing that elevated Halo way back when was vehicular combat, which wasn't done as well in other games than Halo did it. Since the formula hasn't changed much, people who hated the first game haven't found much to like about the third. (I liked the voice cast, but that's it.)

That's all I'll say for now, because this topic is a repost of 'Why is everyone Bashing Halo 3' which was running for a good long few weeks there.

An-Archist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 An-Archist
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts

The answer is simple: Because it's a Halo game

splo0ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 splo0ge
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts
I have played both games alot. And my review on both is COD4 has more value in the long run. I played Halo 3 every day and got burnt out of it. Its just assault rifle battles on multiplayer which sucks. you gotta shoot someone 40 TIMES to kill them. It gets old. But in COD4, it does take skill. Its harder than Halo 3, and also takes alot more than just running and shooting and jumping. COD4 also has better maps. Halo 3 maps make me sick. its the same 10 rotated over and over and over. Really boxy and not near as much detail as COD4. Just my 2 cents!
miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 miiiguel
Member since 2005 • 1940 Posts

Because it sold cazilions-milions.

Because it's actually good.

Because, in a way, there is a sense of anti-america feeling in some minds, and Halo is US-culture, let's face it.

Because there are some people who are so attached to the "brand" thing that think a uber-success like Halo can threat their needs to have the best system/games.

Because it's from Microsoft and therefore => read first and third sentences.

Because it's a winner, and some people think they get more atention to themselfs by bashing a winner.

Avatar image for gabriel_holguin
gabriel_holguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gabriel_holguin
Member since 2005 • 1214 Posts
I thought both games where great, but when it comes down to it i will say this whole argument is really just what type of FPS your into the most. I really do prefer the Military type shooter over the rest and i have a been a fan COD for some time so its no surprise i played it more then Halo. The real and only problem i ever had with Halo over COD is the players, 1 out of 3 games in Halo you will get someone screaming useless profanities into there mic like they have to in order to stay alive, and COD its more like 1 out of 15 games.
ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
There should be an "IMO" option when posting here

Alot of people just fire out lines of text... "halo is better because".... etc et

It gets annoying

There will always be fanboys ( :( ) but they need a special forum (other than SW :P )

If i like a game i dont feel this urge to go post about how awesome it is and how bad everything else is when compared to it

COD4 = Military type FPS

Halo = Sci Fi FPS

should be no competition between the two really
Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Muramasa_Edge
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts

Because it sold cazilions-milions.

Because it's actually good.

Because, in a way, there is a sense of anti-america feeling in some minds, and Halo is US-culture, let's face it.

Because there are some people who are so attached to the "brand" thing that think a uber-success like Halo can threat their needs to have the best system/games.

Because it's from Microsoft and therefore => read first and third sentences.

Because it's a winner, and some people think they get more atention to themselfs by bashing a winner.

miiiguel

Wow.....just wow. Spot the fanboy, thinking it was extremely clever to bring politics into it. Let me tell you something mate, Hollywood and US studios in general account for most of the commercially available movies in the world, Alot of our television shows are US hit shows imported over- House, CSI, Buffy and Angel, Star Trek, Family Guy, South Park, ER, and god knows how many more!! The majority of the celebrity obsessed media follow American movie stars, creating a general interest among general people in American people and American media icons. Killzone, often touted as the Playstation 2s 'Halo Beater' was a game inspired by the US involvement in WWII against the Nazis, and it has far less vitriol aimed at it. Command and Conquer is another classic US war culture icon, with the GDI using almost exclusively US Armed Forces equipment, weaponry and Vehicles. Saying Halo is widely hated because it is somehow intrinsicly tied to US culture is like saying Call of Duty 4 is popular because you get to play in Multiplayer as Insurgents and kill American and British forces.....it's a horrible, sweeping, disgusting generalisation.

On a sidenote here, just to show how ridiculous the words you've said are, Captain America is one of the most popular comic lines in the world, if not the most.....and you don't get any more American than that.....your point is irrelevant and frankly hugely insulting to every single intelligent human out there that it is aimed at.

Also, and this is the most laughable thing about your rant, you're accusing gamers of rejecting a good game for being a good game!!! Are you out of your mind? Are you on Crystal Meth?! Are you doing some sort of mind altering chemical, or are you just that misguided as to think that gamers, people who spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars and pounds and Euros a year on this industry are deliberately hating on a game that is good, just to piss people off?!! This is the most ridiculous statement I think I've witnessed on this site.

Your post attempts to belittle and step on every intelligent criticism of Halo that has ever been given by any critic with what you've just said, and I fully, completely and totally reject your post as nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of someone who thinks he knows better than the people who happen to differ in opinion to yourself.

Let me ask you, what do you know of what others feel if you can miss the mark so heavily and completely? Halo, and I'll use your exact wording so you can understand it, 'can threat their needs to have the best system/games.' First off, it's 'threaten' and second off, you're posting that on an X-Box 360 forum. I own only the 360, it's already by many's opinions the superior games machine due largely to strong first party software and better programmed third party software. That's without counting Halo into the equation, the 360 was doing great without Halo, it's still doing great with new third party titles. (Infact, it's doing much better now that GTA 4 is out.)

I think you'll find the vast majority of people here own the 360 (Hence why they're posting on the 360 forum.), and alot of those players would have played Halo. Halo is a very divisive game, a 'Flawed Diamond' I think is the term a Freelance journalist writing for MSN.com's games section coined this week- a game so divisive that it can split people right down the middle into 'Love it' and 'Hate it.'

This is going to be a controversial opinion, but I feel it's one people share- but to my mind, this divisiveness makes Halo fall into the 'Flawed Diamond' category along with the likes of Bioshock and Assasin's Creed among others. Okay, maybe that's not the most popular opinion thats ever been expressed, but when you look at the sheer divisiveness of all of the above, it makes a little more sense. It's Halo's commercial success however, and not it's popular opinion that has managed to put it where it is today, in the top five in terms of 360 sales.

Maybe you weren't aiming that post in general here, but as a gamer, and as someone who knows what he likes and likes what he knows, I find your comments insulting to the core, because what you're doing is insulting the Gamers right to choose.....you talk as though this game has a right to be at the top of the pile, the top of everyone's list- but you've ommited the choice, the intrinsic reason why gamers are so interesting, their ability to choose what they like, and not only explain, but also fight the bit out as to why. No game is the be-all-and-end-all, there will always be people that dislike a game. Your opinion as to what you like does not give you the right to wholesale bash anyone whose opinion differs from yours, it's perfectly Okay to let people know what and why you like a game, but the second you bash the who because they've made a different informed decision, you shoot yourself in the foot, and make yourself look bad.

Just to close off, I think the sheer divisiveness of the topic is proof positive that not everyone agrees with the assumption that Halo is the fantastic, epic sage we're sometimes led to believe, but conversely, it's not the dredge through raw 5 year old sewerage that others seem to think. in the end, it is a divisive series, and that'll be the main adjective I'll apply to the series from this point forward.

qbamike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 qbamike
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
[QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

TheBigTicket21

wutevrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wutevrman
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts
[QUOTE="Ay_Boo_Boo"]

TheBigTicket21

Laughing alien monkeys...LOL!