Who plans on buying an Xbox One?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="_Perfectionist"]Xbox's position is NOT looking good unless, somehow, Sony messes up. :/ I'm just gonna say it. Other than Americans, no one should buy Xbox One. Literally. The features are probably not gonna work even though you'll pay for them. Plus, Playstation is very 'international' and provides services to international users. JustSignedUp
and that's another thing. you just brought up a great point. microsoft DOMINATES the console market in america and north america. they almost have no install base in japan and a nice install base in korea. but when america reject the xbox one (and they will - they already have as a matter of fact. see everything all over the internet for further details on this train wreck) they're going to have NO ONE to sell this console to. so yeah. you're spot on, perfectionist. excellent post. i agree 100%

give me a break, you two scrooges actually believe people arent going to go crazy for this after all the advertisements, trailers and events come out? they week before it comes out every kid and their dog is going to want one of these

OMG? WHAT?? are you even paying attention? everyone basically hates this already and it's only going to get worse, just like the mass effect 3 debacle escalated out of control.

advertisements aren't going to make people want an inferior product over their competition who is offering a superior product, sony will have commercials as well. advertisements aren't going to somehow magically make people want to waste their money when they are at the store and comparing the two consoles side by side. the ps4 is clearly the better option in every way. i'm saying that and i don't really even like sony anymore (haven't since the psone days) the xbox one is casual gaming piece of substandard garbage, and that is just a fact that everyone is going to have to deal with like it or not.

maybe next time you should think before you call other people scrooges over a subject which you have not even begun to be able to comprehend.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

and what did i get from microsoft at the reveal? none of the things! the main thing i absolutely wanted was high end close to harcore PC specs (didn't get that) and GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES! and all i got was GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS! F@CK MICROSOFT! and that lousy piece of $500 antiquated garbage. they flat out stabbed me in the back so F@CK THEM!

buccomatic

so angry! You'd think MS was your ex-gf.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 buccomatic

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Was not impressed today and I'll need to know more about it.

MarcRecon

Well, from a business perspective what they did was great....they focused on their target group(not us...the casuals)but from a gamers point of view, I agree....was not impressed at all!!!

casual gamers don't generate the type of high game sales numbers which gives the dev studios and publishers a reason to keep making games for that said console because casual gamers don't buy a lot of games like hardcore gamers do. so if a dev studio or publisher can't make money due to low sales on a console then that console won't have any games being made for it by 3rd party game makers and it will by default become useless and irrelevant. a good example of this was the nintendo wii. the wii is a casual game machine made for kids and casuals, not hardcore gamers. did it sell a ton of consoles? yes. almost 100 million. way more than both ps4 and 360. BUT it was only 150 dollars as well. yeah it sold a ton of consoles but no 3rd party game makers could make money on it because that demographic that owned the wii doesn't buy a lot of games. this is the problem for microsoft, this xbox one is going to cost $500 and it doesn't appeal to any one key demographic. it doesn't appeal to hard core gamers (us as you stated, and it's obvious to everyone) it doesn't appeal to casual gamers (too expensive they still play wii - they're casuals) and it doesn't appeal to kids (nintendo rules that realm forever). so with that being said they basically appeal to no one and thus have no future. not to mention the fact that almost everyone hated it right off the bat. this is bad, bad news for microsoft and A LOT of game makers who had previously sold a ton of games to harcore gamers through xbox360. microsoft has basically stabbed it's entire install base in the back with this reveal. and the direction they have chosen to take the xbox one as their next gen console is going to make game studio's and publishers go broke because they suddenly find themselves with no install base to sell their games to. i'll guarantee you this right now. there's a lot of game makers working fast to make a deal with sony to make exclusives for them over this because if they don't they won't have anyone to sell games to.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#54 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="JustSignedUp"][QUOTE="buccomatic"]and that's another thing. you just brought up a great point. microsoft DOMINATES the console market in america and north america. they almost have no install base in japan and a nice install base in korea. but when america reject the xbox one (and they will - they already have as a matter of fact. see everything all over the internet for further details on this train wreck) they're going to have NO ONE to sell this console to. so yeah. you're spot on, perfectionist. excellent post. i agree 100%buccomatic

give me a break, you two scrooges actually believe people arent going to go crazy for this after all the advertisements, trailers and events come out? they week before it comes out every kid and their dog is going to want one of these

OMG? WHAT?? are you even paying attention? everyone basically hates this already and it's only going to get worse, just like the mass effect 3 debacle escalated out of control.

advertisements aren't going to make people want an inferior product

I hate to disagree with ya on that statement...the weak-minded are easily persuaded:P

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I will in a few years. All the bad, nasty shit is out in the open now and E3 should be just about games.
l-laxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 l-laxor
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

I won't be buying the Xbox One for several reasons. 

I only own one of the current gen consoles, the PS3, and I've spent more than I'm willing to admit on games and hardware for it. The PS4 appears to be a stand-alone product with little or no connection to the PS3, seeing as it is not backwards compatible with the PS3 and PSN purchases for the PS3 do not carry over to the PS4. This leaves me in a position where I'm not bound to any of the major three and where I'm free to choose amoung all the next-gen consoles.

I haven't bought a single used game for my PS3, but the Xbox One's restrictions on used games is a dealbreaker. Same is true for its always online requirement, I won't purchase a product which places such restrictions on paying customers. Then there's the mention of cloud-based computation, and as nice at it sounds it can just as easily be used as a form of online DRM as for enhancing the performance of games.

I don't have as much money to spend on video games now as I had at the start of the current generation of consoles. I'll probably only purchase one of the next-gen consoles. This makes exclusives more important than ever and  here I have no faith in Microsoft. If the past is an indicator of the future the PS4 and Wii U will have the largest liberies of quality exclusive.

So, that leaves the Wii U and PS4 as the only viable options. Nintendo make great games, but my experience with the Wii was awful. Having to switch from component back to composite cables in order to play certain VC games. Even with the component cables some Wii titles where not just ugly too look at, it was to the point where my eyes got irritated. As much as I love Nintendo games I'm very skeptical of their hardware. And the fact that Nintendo still doesn't have an account system similar to that of it's competators is a major turnoff. I want my online purchases to be tied to an account, not the hardware.

As things stand right now it looks as if I will be getting the PS4. I might get a Wii U later on, but I certainly won't be using their eShop.

Greg905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Greg905
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

:(Microsoft forced Xbox origional to go to Xbox360,,with a few games compatable on both systems. I will not be forced again to buy another new system.If game developers dont make games for all platforms including Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One , i may be forced to buy a Playstation 3.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#58 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I can't wait to own one.. But "just like before" I certainly won't be purchasing one until there's a large price drop.. I don't mind waiting.

Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
p>

The complaining is justified it's obvious that MS top priority is the casual and the true gamer is reduced to 2nd class status!!! But I do agree with you about waiting on E3 to see the games...even though that should have been top priority, the casuals should have to wait to see all of the additional multimedia functions.

Agree, it makes me sad...and yet I'll still get one.
Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

After watching the reveal today, if I bought the Xbox One, I'd be buying an oversized DVR box to purchase overpriced television and movies.

JoeDawg2100
Xbox 360 has overpriced television and movies as well :P
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
[QUOTE="Evdne971"]People need to stop whining like big pussies. This was just a preview of the Xbox itself, honestly nothing special about the dashboard. It wasn't revolving around games... That's what E3 is for...GAMES. They only had an hour. So people gotta be patient

Then how about all little lemmings bashed Sonys PS4 reveal event which if you ask me was way more exciting ? Go figure...
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
On what I have seen so far, no. However, I'll wait and see what E3 brings before making a concrete decision.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
From what Ive heard so far, Ill be very happy to work through my backlog of 360 games before making a decision. Same as when the 360 was new, I think I waited a year and a half before choosing a new console.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, since Xbox one is not really a gaming console, i have to wait on a few thigns before deciding if i am getting one besides of course the WiiU and Ps4

Price and how many options is avaliable in my country is a huuuge factor, i am not going to pay full price for something thats only half of what it should be able to do.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

No... RIP BOX

Housewives and Grandmas might be interested tho...

V3rciS
Why is that? there will be enough games shown at E3 to bend the average person over and and take their wallet. Microsoft drilled it into our heads that there will be very limited games shown at this 1 hour show. When they have like 2 hours to show games then you will start to cry because it will be impossible to afford them all.
ottumatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 ottumatic
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts
For me, I know my purchase of it will happen but how soon will depends on the longevity of support publishers are willing to go through for the current gen.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Yep.
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Yes, alot more interesting than the other consoles.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Nope.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I'll have to wait until E3 to be sure but at the moment I won't bother.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

rrjim1
Seriously?
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#72 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

[QUOTE="XboxGuy1537"]

[QUOTE="Evdne971"]People need to stop whining like big pussies. This was just a preview of the Xbox itself, honestly nothing special about the dashboard. It wasn't revolving around games... That's what E3 is for...GAMES. They only had an hour. So people gotta be patientocphon

I know it is so annoying how everybody whines like little bitches. 

And so you whine about people whining. Makes you a little bitch too.

I'm just so sick of everybody bashing everything in the game industry these days. It's ok to express your concerns about something, but why ramble and spam comment threads with hateful messages towards a certain game or system. Annoying.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

[QUOTE="rrjim1"]

MushroomWig

Seriously?

Yes, IMO xbox is going foward faster then the others. You need to keep up or you will be left behind.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

[QUOTE="Alucard_Prime"]

It's the invasion of the Sony fanboys today, do you really think this poll is going to mean anything? 

buccomatic

dude that's total BS.

i have an xbox360 and don't own a ps3. i had a psone waaay back in the day, skipped ps2 for dreamcast and xbox, skipped ps3 for xbox 360. so i am not a sony fanboy and i without a doubt will NOT buy a xbox one just because of that STUPID kinect 2.0 being forced on me. i don't want or need that baloney. kinect 2.0 is not something that gamers are demanding. there's no reason for them to supply it except to SPY on people. to hell with them!

there's no hardcore gaming experience to be had with all those GIMMICK. apps, tv, smartglass, ie explorer, skype, kinect 2.0 waving your arms around like an idiot talking to the damned tv! hell no! wtf would i want any of that for?? i already have that stuff on other gadgets, pc and or appliances etc...

the one thing i wanted to see was hardcore gaming at the next level which was full KB/M support for FPS, RTS,MMO and strategy games, backwards compatible with my $2,000 gigantic library of xbox360 games, and being able to buy and sell used games becauase thse game are TOO DAMNED EXPENSIVE!

and what did i get from microsoft at the reveal? none of the things! the main thing i absolutely wanted was high end close to harcore PC specs (didn't get that) and GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES! and all i got was GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS! F@CK MICROSOFT! and that lousy piece of $500 antiquated garbage. they flat out stabbed me in the back so F@CK THEM!

was expecting at least gtx680 or better gpu, and 8 gigs of gddr5 (like ps4 had) got gddr3 yay... 500 gb HDD will fill up in two mionth tops then what? buy another ecternal HDD? lol ridiculous!

this is easily wost pre-launch ever for any console. i know it is, i've been doing this for 35 years!

Hey that's fine and I was not referring to anyone in particular, I'm just implying that the results of this poll will likely be skewed, not just because there are some people like you who for several reasons will not get an XBOX1, but I'm referring to the extreme Fanboys who are just posting incoherent insults all over the place and flooding the comments with that stuff...they will all drop by and vote against the xbox 1...I'm not even talking about Sony fans...I consider myself a fan of Sony and I might get the PS4 if there are sufficient exclusives, like that amazing game coming out on PS3 called The Last of Us.
Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts
I may purchase one, I have had a good steady sustain of internet for a while now, and hey if i go somewhere without internet ill be forced to be social! lol the only factor that is kinda making me wary is the whole pre-owned thing.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="rrjim1"]

rrjim1

Seriously?

Yes, IMO xbox is going foward faster then the others. You need to keep up or you will be left behind.

How? Everything I have seen with the xbox one so far is very... unappealing. So far PS4 has me way more excited.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Microsoft can go screw itself after all their anti consumer announcements. They spat all over their core gamer market, sacraficed a ton of console power and resources for Kinect and TV garbage. They are still charging for online, block used games, make headsets incompatible, require online connection....the list goes on. I can play EA sport and COD games on other next gen consoles that are more powerful. If you like games it isn't a hard choice.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 buccomatic

Microsoft can go screw itself after all their anti consumer announcements. They spat all over their core gamer market, sacraficed a ton of console power and resources for Kinect and TV garbage. They are still charging for online, block used games, make headsets incompatible, require online connection....the list goes on. I can play EA sport and COD games on other next gen consoles that are more powerful. If you like games it isn't a hard choice.nightshade869
^this spot on.

all of us hard core gamers that put the 360 on top, the stabbed us in the back with that reveal. screw them, i will never buy that piece of garbage

1) because it's a pure sh!t do eveything that we don't want or need entertainment center and and isn't even a true gaming machine

2) because they are forcing everything on us that we don't want.

3) because they are ignoring us and are treating us with complete disrespect with their arrogant "deal with it" attitude.

these people at microsoft are backstabbing fitlhy trash and i'm absolutely done with them.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I will a year or so after it comes out more than likely just for the few games on it I want I wont be able to play anywhere else. But all in all I dont care about it in the least and not very interested in it. I want a ps4 though very much and will get one within a month of it coming out.

1) I dont like that they wont let indie guys self publish on xbox one. PC (steam mainly) and ps4 are big supporters of indie devs, ps4 is even going to have a indie store on the PSN which is cool and they will let them self publish on it.

2) I dont like the whole "you must connect every 24 hours to play games".

3) I dont like this whole thing about "not really" being able to play used games and them being tied to your account so you cant even take it to a friends house or let them borrow it. I will admit though I am still unclear on this as they didnt give many specifics about the system.

4) Its a stupid gripe but I dont like the idea of the kinect2 always listening to you even when its off which most assuredly means it is watching and listening when its on.

5) I dont really care one bit about being able to stream movies and tv through it. I dont care that it updates my stats for fantasy football on the fly with a game thats on tv. I dont care if stephen spieldberg is developing a halo series for it (he is only producing and not directing, besides his talent has gone down the crapper after jurrasic park). So all of that tv media set top box stuff means nothing to me because I buy game consoles to play games and thats it.

6) I dont like the whole still needing to pay for XBL to get online. I can play games for free on my pc online, my ps3 is free to get online with and I presume the ps4 will be also, so why would I pay MS to get online when all my other options are free?

7) Hardware doesnt make games better at all, good games are good because the developers made them good but the ps4 has an edge in the hardware deptmarment. http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/2

And some other minor reasons why I will get a ps4 first. I will get a xbox one eventually but it will be quite awhile after the price has dropped on it some.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts
I switched to PC... In a year if necessary i'll go with the PS4... I was so excited about the reveal...microsoft made a joke out of gamers....sad sad sad
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I dont even use cable TV. Right now all I use are downloads, hulu plus, netflix and local TV stations. What good is xbox ones stuff for that? I play hulu and netflix on every device I own as it is now.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#82 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Clearly, I need to see GAMES. That is all.

badlalo59

same here i want to know what games they are going to release.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#83 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Hmm, since Xbox one is not really a gaming console, i have to wait on a few thigns before deciding if i am getting one.

Jacanuk
That's a ridiculous thing to say. Of course it's a gaming console. Yes, it has other features, just like the 360 had other features. The 360 was still a gaming console, wasn't it? This reveal was about the new features and the games will be show at E3. They said that during the show. Seriously, did everyone remove their brain before they watched the conference? Or are you all just complaining for the sake of it?
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#84 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
No way would I pay money for that.. heck, I wouldn't have a camera watching and listening me at all times even if it was free. It'd be crazy to pay money for that.. then used games fee, have to connect online daily, system is just a tv/kinect box not a gaming console.. I'll pass. I'll be getting a PS4 and will probably keep my 360.
FuZzCasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FuZzCasT
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to buy one. I've been wanting the new generation for a few years now. Look at how powerful the Xbox One is. Games on that console are going to be amazing. Look at how badly Far Cry 3 ran on 360. Look at the difference in graphical quality between games like Witcher 2, Crysis 3 and Metro on PC and 360. It would be a different story if you were playing those games on an Xbox One. People need to stop being so pessimistic and realise that the launch of these new consoles is a good thing. x-2tha-z

He could be right you know. Having about 10 game systems plugged in to your TV because they aren't backwards compatible would make you look more in to it.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="rrjim1"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Seriously?AutoPilotOn

How? Everything I have seen with the xbox one so far is very... unappealing. So far PS4 has me way more excited.

thats cuz your a stubborn hipster. 

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"]

Hmm, since Xbox one is not really a gaming console, i have to wait on a few thigns before deciding if i am getting one.

x-2tha-z

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Of course it's a gaming console. Yes, it has other features, just like the 360 had other features. The 360 was still a gaming console, wasn't it? This reveal was about the new features and the games will be show at E3. They said that during the show. Seriously, did everyone remove their brain before they watched the conference? Or are you all just complaining for the sake of it?

I know, its not teh bashing of it thats getting under my skin. it is the stupid comments that people make. They clearly said a 100 times. Console shown off at the media event and GAMES < VIDEO GAMES < GAME PLAY at E3

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

day 1, probably will get 2, and a ps4

HyperWarlock

Why would you want 2?

Why would you want 1?
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I need to see more but I know I'll get one eventfully. People saying there's no games is pretty dumb lol. I don't rent games but I do borrow games from siblings so I'm waiting for more info on that.
Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#90 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts
[QUOTE="Jacanuk"]

x-2tha-z

Best post I've seen all week. It is indeed as simple as that, it's crazy how some people have been overreacting in the past few days.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
Day 1 purchase. Haters gonna hate.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 XxAK47xX

Day 1 purchase. Haters gonna hate.SexyPorkins
yup and haters are gonna hate the hatere that hate!:cool:

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="Jacanuk"]

Alucard_Prime

Best post I've seen all week. It is indeed as simple as that, it's crazy how some people have been overreacting in the past few days.

The 360 was designed as a gaming console. The One clearly hasn't been and games are secondary for it. MS spent $400 million on a partnership with the NFL. If that doesn't tell you what the main focus of this new entertainment hub is, then your fanboyism is blinding you.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#95 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I need to see games & something that makes me say "THIS IS NEXT GEN!". This goes for both new consoles....but I will still most likely get both day 1 & will hopefully be able to reserve them after E3.

FuZzCasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FuZzCasT
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Alucard_Prime"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"] That's a ridiculous thing to say. Of course it's a gaming console. Yes, it has other features, just like the 360 had other features. The 360 was still a gaming console, wasn't it? This reveal was about the new features and the games will be show at E3. They said that during the show. Seriously, did everyone remove their brain before they watched the conference? Or are you all just complaining for the sake of it?MonoSilver

The 360 was designed as a gaming console. The One clearly hasn't been and games are secondary for it. MS spent $400 million on a partnership with the NFL. If that doesn't tell you what the main focus of this new entertainment hub is, then your fanboyism is blinding you.

How sad is Microsoft then.... using their Xbox brand to promote a web connected set top box...

bboy2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 bboy2k
Member since 2003 • 257 Posts

fees fees fees fees fees fees fees fees fees fees PASSS

whoever buys xbox one is a dumb ass i'm sorry

dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#98 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

I hated the original xbox and was a ps2 fan boy all the way.  Microsoft took me away and made me a 360 player due to the games and the online.  i will say i hate how greedy microsoft is.  anyway on the topic based on everything ive heard im more likely to get a ps4 and wait to get a xbox one or maybe never get it.  M$ has really slapped gamers 360 owners in the face with this one.  XBLA games dont transfer, i cant let my little brother play my game unless hes logged into my profile, i cant lend or use a friends game, and the whole camera thing has always made me feel weird.  im not saying im not getting it but its gonna take a lot before i dish out the money for it.  i prefer sonys psn store because they do have excellent classics and will still be compatible with the ps4, i also like the ustream.  but based on what ive read sony is saying itll be up to publishers to charge a fee for activated games as well.  If thats true that sucks too, but im feeling more like i want a ps4 before i get a xbox one.  i wish M$ could fix this crap up, but they wont and this will be the new way.  Ill definitely keep my 360 and pray they dont cut off xbox live for 360 for a long time.

Ryu_Katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Ryu_Katamari
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
I'm not a fanboy for either, over the years I've always bought based on wat looks best. I had a ps1 in the 90s, a PS2 in early 2000s, and rightfully so original Xbox was a big brick of a console with huge annoying, clunky controllers, and a limited library of games that just mimicked Ps2's aside from Halo and a few other titles. I did eventually buy one, but mainly just to play the Halo's. I now own a 360 and have zero regrets. Except Metal Gear Solid 4. Regret that one a lot. I just never had the money for both consoles. I went with the 360 because I witnessed my friend's PS3 catch fire, so that sealed that deal. I've never once had problems with my 360 slim, I use it everyday and love the shit out of it. That being said, I'm going PS4, not cuz of the rumors, not cuz of fantasy football, although those are becoming a kicker, but I miss the Playstation franchises, and wanna play those more then I wanna play more Halo games. If I could afford both, I would get both, and most likely play PS4 90% more then Xbox One, that's what I envision.
Ryu_Katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ryu_Katamari
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
I'm really not married to any company really, right now on my TV I have a Colecovision, Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, N64, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, and a 360. So yea.