Which game is more harder on the highest diffuculty setting?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I say Call of Duty 4.
Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
More harder? Ok.... but anyways, CoD 4 is seemingly impossible on veteran, and theres no coop, so another player can't help you through it. Also, mile high club, anyone?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Halo 3 is really hard IMO
Caludaform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Caludaform
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
COD4 you have like 2 shots on vet. and you're dead. I've done a few levels and as soon as i try and hide i have about 10 grenades right behind me. Although I havn't play halo 3 I do remember 2 being easy to hide and regain health and all around being easier on legendary (except for those partially invisible ones, those sucked)
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
I only did Halo 3 on Legendary with a friend, but CoD4 was a nut basher.
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
CoD4. No option for co-op, plus all obvious challenges presented by it being on the highest difficulty.
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts
CoD4 Easily.
Manni25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Manni25
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
Gears on Insane......RAAM lol
Manni25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Manni25
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Gears on Insane......RAAM lol Manni25

But in this thread..COD4

jason2guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 jason2guy
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
Call of Duty 4
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
Mile High Club + Veteran = COD4 WINAR
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#13 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Halo 3, duh.

Halo 3 is infinietly harder than Call of Duty 4 if your playing Legendary with all skulls on.

Pirate_Fister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate_Fister
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
Veteran > Legendary. My friend and I played through legendary and maybe died 20-30 times through the whole thing. When playing Veteran get ready to die over 200 times and have lots of moments where you want to break your fricking screen. Hardest is probably the One shot ne kill mission or No fighting in the war room.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i finished cod4 on veteran and it was pretty tough, but i think halo3 is harder i havent even finished it on legendary by myself.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Call Of Duty 4 for sure.
ichi_nose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ichi_nose
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

Call of Duty 4, is much harder on veteran.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Yeah, I agree that Call of Duty 4 is much harder than Halo 3, both on hardest difficulties.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
Veteran > Legendary. My friend and I played through legendary and maybe died 20-30 times through the whole thing. When playing Veteran get ready to die over 200 times and have lots of moments where you want to break your fricking screen. Hardest is probably the One shot ne kill mission or No fighting in the war room.Pirate_Fister
most games are easy on co-op at least compare them both on solo campain instead of saying ones hard and ones easy on co-op. u cant really compare completing halo on legendary on co-op with cod4 on vet on ur own. anyone can gang up and complete most fps games on the hardest settings on co-op, its not even that hard when u can respawn and not go back to check points because of friends still playing. ive not done either on hardest modes on my own. must admit they were times on veteran before i sold cod that i got stuck on for a few days. that broadcast room on veteran hammered me for a about a week. i think the campain is better on cod4 like. deffos does get some parts that make u want to kick ur tv in like.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Halo 3 , i find cod 4 a bit too easy.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I would say Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War are prime examples.
ash918273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ash918273
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I havn't played Halo 3 on legendary yet, but i have recently completed CoD4 on Veteran. I found it really hard and frustrating but then i watched some video guides and had it done in no time, i even did The Epilogue after a few tries.
FromTheHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FromTheHeart
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

COD4 was more agravating than anything. i thought i did extremly well on the vet campaign as i didnt die so much.

H3 is not that hard

i did gears on Co-OP so im not sure about that one. me and my neighbor beat RAAM in 3 tries maybe

try castle crashers on insane. thats hard

gamerfreak1907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 gamerfreak1907
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Halo 3, duh.

Halo 3 is infinietly harder than Call of Duty 4 if your playing Legendary with all skulls on.

vashkey

That is a very good point putting all skulls on is like suicide

my friend put like 3 hard ones on and played like normal and he actually died cause it made it that much harder

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#25 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
CoD4 on Veteran, you have to be near god-like and have already learned some of the mechanics of how it works to really be good. But it's at least doable on your own. But Mile High Club will take a good memory and some wicked reflexes (and a good dose of luck) so you can actually do it. Halo 3 borders on Ninja Gaiden levels of cheap already on Heroic, and nears Ghosts & Goblins cheap on Legendary on your own. Only way to beat it on Legendary is with three other people to co-op with. Two people just get slaughtered. At tne end of the day, 1000 pointing Halo 3 just left me with a sense of relief, because by that point,t he game was no longer any fun. It was work, it was frustrating, and I didn't want anymore to do with it. CoD4 left me feeling incredibly joyful and very satisfied to have played such a fantastic campaign, and even more pissed off that CoD5 is just going back to the same tired WW2 setting. In a sense, my only regret is having returned CoD4... but after 1000-pointing it, I didn't have any other reason to keep it.
LycanBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 LycanBane
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
why are these always the only two games people play? or compare?
ushotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ushotdead
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Halo 3, duh.

vashkey
So true, if u have skulls on, then halo 3 is IMPOSSOBLE!
NYCHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NYCHitman
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
COD4 on Veteran is much much harder than Halo 3 on Legendary with skulls. Perfect example is Mile High Club on Veteran - takes most many many tries to do it. I beat Halo 3 on Legendary with skulls on all in 1 day whereas MHC took me like a week.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Neither because they aren't hard.
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

Well when you look at it this way, COD4 on its hardest difficulty can be done by yourself. I love COD4 to death a ton more than halo 3 but COD4 was not insanely hard. Sure there were moments that you would die several hundred times but hey, when you are surrounded on all side, how on earth do you not die? Halo 3 however is practically impossible going at it alone. Name how many people beat legendary on halo 3 ALONE? Halo 3 on legendary is pretty hard even with 3 people. You cant go rushing in. You have to have one person sit back and serve as a revival point for the dead. Halo 3 Legendary 1 person is a ton harder than COD 4 Vet. BTW COD2 Vet was harder than COD4.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dukebd699

Well when you look at it this way, COD4 on its hardest difficulty can be done by yourself. I love COD4 to death a ton more than halo 3 but COD4 was not insanely hard. Sure there were moments that you would die several hundred times but hey, when you are surrounded on all side, how on earth do you not die? Halo 3 however is practically impossible going at it alone. Name how many people beat legendary on halo 3 ALONE? Halo 3 on legendary is pretty hard even with 3 people. You cant go rushing in. You have to have one person sit back and serve as a revival point for the dead. Halo 3 Legendary 1 person is a ton harder than COD 4 Vet. BTW COD2 Vet was harder than COD4.

Nocturnal15

I beat Halo 3 on Legendary alone. It's not like it's impossible.

Presidentman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Presidentman2
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts
Tied between Ninja Gaiden and DMC
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dukebd699

Tied between Ninja Gaiden and DMCPresidentman2

That wasn't even the question,

willy0315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 willy0315
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
The part on call of duty 4 where you have to drag your friend through the mission is impossible. I had to go and hide all the way in the back and wait for the time to run out and even that was almost impossible. Call of Duty 4 way harder. And better
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
Those are both easy..
reject09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 reject09
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
call of duty 4, halo isn't as challenging and it has 4 player co-op which makes it a lot easier
laxdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 laxdaddy
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I say Call Of Duty 4 but it is a pain to play.. So that doesnt help. Halo 3 is always challenging and fun all the time. So i think the question is what game is more fun to play on the hardest difficulty.
Avatar image for 010dragonslayer
010dragonslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 010dragonslayer
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
COD4, anyone that thinks Halo 3 is hard needs to be slapped.
zephead4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zephead4
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts

COD4, anyone that thinks Halo 3 is hard needs to be slapped.010dragonslayer

I got rid of COD4 for a cheap little star wars figure, it was that bad.

Anyways COD4 was hard but, Halo 3 on Legendary with all the skulls on by yourself is harder.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

I completed both on the hardest difficulty seeting alone, and I must say COD4 is harder on veteran then Halo 3 on legendary.

Halo 3 gets hard because the enemies take quite a long time to die, and COD4 because the absurd enemy spawn system

legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
Oh yeah, without a doubt, I would have to throw my vote in for Call of Duty 4. The difficulty is unreal, or should I say, ultra realistic on this game. I eventually trecked through Call of Duty 2 and 3 on veteran, however, I am still stuck on the dang farris wheel section on the sniper level in Call of Duty 4. UBBER HARD!
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts
If your comparing the two by just Cod4 on veteran,
and Halo 3 on legendary, then its deffinately Cod4.
Put all skulls on in Halo 3 on legendary, it's near impossible to do on your own.
qcmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 qcmatt
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

cod4 is hard but nothing like call of duty 2

coolmantony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 coolmantony
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts
well halo is harder by urself
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dauragon
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts
CoD4, took me at least 4 tries on Mile High Club on Vet.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
COD4 was more difficult, Halo 3 was more fun.
Ra-Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ra-Devil
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

This thread is trying to be a simple comparison of complex scenarios.

First off, some even ground. We'll compare both games on their highest difficulties on SOLO.

Next, some understanding. Halo and CoD are very different. Shooting someone in Halo doesn't mean they'll fall over, while in CoD, it's pretty much a guarantee, only the guy's 12 friends are right behind him. Combat scenarios don't behave the same or are approached in the same way, so if you're better at one style of gameplay than another, then you have to move your own personal balancer in a certain direction as to which game is harder.

Now, when it comes to Halo, Legendary is pretty tough. The first 2 were monsters, but for the sake of making it "fair," Bungie decided that enemies that were psychic or had trigger-fingers equal to a massage tool was just too unforgiveable, so they dumbed Halo 3 down... a hell of a lot. The game is moderately difficult if your a steady shot, and is pretty rough in places, but what makes the difficulty stand out is that there is always a part in each mission that's dubbed the "problem point." The part of the mission that's just an a$$-pain to get through without dying untill you reach another checkpoint, which in some mission, can be really far apart. Notable encounters are the weapon storage room in Crow's Nest, filled to the brim with Brutes, which take quite a bit of punishment to take down, and the Phantom drop zone on Tsavo Highway, in which you're stranded with very few weapons and ammo, and are pittd against 60+ Brutes in waves of 8 to 12. Basically, you only walk away if you don't get Brute-Shotted, Fuel Rod Gunned, Spikered, or Beam Rifled... while fighting 5 Chieftains in total (highest ranking Brute).

CoD4 is pretty damn hard on Veteran, but that depends. There's no doubt that CoD 4 is longer than Halo 3, but there are at least 4 mission that come to mind that are simply walk-throughs. Not as in tutorial, but you simply walk through them and you're fine. The first mission, with the ship. The mission when you're the gunner on the plane. The mission on the back of the truck. Ect. Now that doesn't really take away the fact that on Veteran, a stray bullet to your toe will cause the screen to turn red with agony and put you near death, and that pretty much any 1 or 2 bullets you take to the body will kill you. The game is tough, but there's only a few parts throughout the whole game that really become problem points, rather than there being many throughout each of the missions. Such as when you're waiting for the helicoptor on the Sniper mission, or when you're fighting into the facility at the end of the game. There's only a few that come to mind as searious challenges, but of course nothing compares to The Epilogue. It's pretty rough, and there are still people who don't have the achievement. It took me more than 120 tries before I got a strategy down for conquering it. Like Halos 1 and 2, this area is almost purposefully glitched in order to make it incredibly hard. For example, no matter what, when you throw a flash grenade, and jump into the room to take out all the stunned enemies, there will always, always, always be 1 who was not stunned at all. The game forces 1 enemy to stay uneffected in order to give difficulty to this scenario, othewise a simple flash grenade and some shooting would get you through this in no time, so the trick is to locate the still normal guy, take him down, then finish the remainder.

Now that one mission pretty much turn the tide when it comes to which game is harder. If that mission were absent, I would more than happy to report that both games are about even in difficulty, but one or the other may be harder based on how you play. "Mile High Club" is the one reason that CoD 4 is the harder game on Veteran.

Now, if we were to, say, enhance this spectrum to something less equal, such as turning on skulls in Halo, or playing Halo on Co-op, then Halo could be harder, or easier, than CoD4. Halo 3, with certain skulls turned on while playing Legendary, make any encounter near-impossible, with enemies that can take a barrage of shotgun or sniper rounds and keep on walkin, while you take maybe 2 or 3 shots, without a regenerating shield, and your a gonner. It easily surpasses The Epilogue mission in CoD4... but it doesn't count, as it's a manipulated values version of the campaign, like turning on Cheats in CoD4.

Well, there you have it. I believe CoD4 is harder, but mostly because of The Epilogue. I hope you all understand where I'm coming from.

dth_dlr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dth_dlr
Member since 2006 • 7517 Posts
COD4 is much harder than halo 3 imo
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dauragon
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

Well, there you have it. I believe CoD4 is harder, but mostly because of The Epilogue. I hope you all understand where I'm coming from.Ra-Devil

I hope that was the jist of your statement cause I don't think anyone is going to read all that, but I agree atleast lolz