What should I play next? (RPG/ActionRPG/DungeonCrawler fan)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGrudge987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By TheGrudge987

Poll What should I play next? (RPG/ActionRPG/DungeonCrawler fan) (12 votes)

Kingdoms of Amalur 8%
Dragon Age 2 8%
Mass Effect 3 17%
Red Dead Redemption 17%
Darksiders 1 and/or 2 0%
Dishonored 17%
Too Human 0%
Something else... (please post your recommendations) 33%

New user BTW. Hello all!

Prerequisite......game must be available for purchase and download from LIVE.

I just finished Dark Souls 2, and looking for the next title to check out (until I feel another Souls binge coming). HUGE fan of both 1 and 2. Love the dark and dreary atmosphere, exploration, great bosses, etc. You get it. The game is just my style (Zelda in hell).

Also a fan of Final Fantasy, but will admit that I started with X. X, XII, XIII were all enjoyable to me. FFX being my favourite.

One more thing worthy of mentioning is that Im trying to get 50+ hours out of one playthrough (DS has spoiled me in this aspect, as I just finished it in a hair over 105 hours).

As far as the list that I came up with.....Just went through some "Best Of" lists, did a little reading, and here I am.

Any and all help and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks!

• 
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I vote for the Mass Effect series, I probably spent 50 hours just in Mass Effect 2 alone.

Solarplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solarplex
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

Dragon Age 2!!!!!

Dragon Age Inquisitions is going to be a master piece and you shouldn't miss it!

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

The Mass Effect games are some of the best games that I have ever played. I just can't wait for a Mass Effect game on the Xbox One or the PS4 as it will be awesome.

TheGrudge987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheGrudge987
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I have ME1, and never gave it too much of a shot. Although, for original Xbox, I spent DAYS on SWKOTR, and Im not even a Star Wars fan...at all really. lol. Might just fire up ME this week.

I do definitely want to check out DA2. I remember getting a solid 50 hours from the first.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

@thegrudge987 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I have ME1, and never gave it too much of a shot. Although, for original Xbox, I spent DAYS on SWKOTR, and Im not even a Star Wars fan...at all really. lol. Might just fire up ME this week.

I do definitely want to check out DA2. I remember getting a solid 50 hours from the first.

The first Dragon Age was a good game, but Dragon Age 2 wasn't. The Mass Effect games have a really good in-depth story that it really helps to follow to know what is going on, even talking to each character in the game goes along with the story. The first Mass Effect kinda drags out in some parts with some of the side missions, but don't let that deter you because Mass Effect 2 and 3 are better in keeping the gameplay interesting.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#6 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

@thegrudge987 Out of the games you have listed in the poll, I honestly think Red Dead Redemption is the best of the list. Just one of the most unique experiences of the last-gen consoles that still stands tall today. Now let me go out of the way to recommend a game that fits your RPG/Action-RPG need: Diablo 3(now available on 360).

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

try redemption for one of the best games for last gen i finish redemption 2 times on ps3 i started for 3 time on xbox 360

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

mass effect 3

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Loved mass effect 1&2 but can't really be bothered with 3, got sick of it I guess

Red dead redemption is a great game

But since you love dark souls so much

Have you ever tried dragon's dogma, because that's must play

Don't know if you played skyrim, oblvion, fallout 3 or fallout new vegas, because thos are must plays as well.

Lord of the rings war in the north is a great game, especially co op (up to three players) The rating it had was bogus, you can notice it when you look at the user rating.

Borderlands 1 & 2 are great too, but those are rpg shooters.

Miguel_se7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Miguel_se7
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

TheGrudge987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheGrudge987

I actually own Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. I picked it up about a week or so before Souls 2 came out, and havent played it since. Seemed OK. I liked the incorporation of Shadow of the Colossus style boss battles. Felt like a polished FFXII. Wanted it to be Dark Souls with a party.

Seems like a decent game. Ill prob get back into that when DS2 needs a break.

DonDeLaGato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DonDeLaGato

If you haven't played South Park: TSOT I'd recommend it, but only if you're a fan of the show or if you're willing to power through the insipid humor; the gameplay aspects are well worth it.