What is your gamerscore? and do you go for achievements?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icybl00d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 icybl00d3d
Member since 2006 • 779 Posts

My gamerscore is about to hit 40k and I'm someone who dosen't really care for achievements, I only went for achievements in COD4 and mw2 and Halo 3. The rest of the games I just play, and the reason I wanted all the achievements in those games was because it was fun. So is 40k gamerscore considered normal? or too much?

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I consider anything over 30k to be a lot honestly, thats not necessarily a bad thing its just how I look at things.

Nonetheless, I'm right around the corner of 30k. I go for achievements in games I enjoy to add replay value and make me find ways to like the game even more. I'd never play a bad game to boast a meaningless score, I have no problem ignoring games I don't like.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
31k, with only around 40 games in my profile, yes, i play for achievements :p
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i play for achievements 90% of the time (the other 10% the game sucks and i move on to another title)

i consider achievements to be part of the whole experience, beating the game now means (to me atleast) getting 100% of the achievements

so if i can, and the achievement doesnt seem too annoying, boring, tedious, or w/e, ill try and get it

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts
achievements challenge and replay value im at 7990 GS ive been on live a little over a year
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I consider anything over 30k to be a lot honestly, thats not necessarily a bad thing its just how I look at things.

Nonetheless, I'm right around the corner of 30k. I go for achievements in games I enjoy to add replay value and make me find ways to like the game even more. I'd never play a bad game to boast a meaningless score, I have no problem ignoring games I don't like.

Jagged3dge

How is 30k a lot? That's well under 10k a year from launch and without trying at all most people should naturally have that if they have had their 360 for any decent length of time.

mattydman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mattydman2
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

I think achievements add incentive to complete certain areas of the game you wouldn't otherwise. They also add replay value so a game you completed still has other activities to accomplish. Furthermore having an overall score shows your skills and I think its a system that works.

To answer your question my gamerscore is 19k over 2 years and I go for achievements to add to the overall gaming experience as well as the satisfaction of attaining the achievements.

DumbPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DumbPanda
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

I'm on about 3,000 I think, and I've only had my xbox since last November. I definitely don't play for achievements, the only game I've ever played for achivements is Fifa 11, 'cause I bloody love that game.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Achivements adds incentives to replay games multiple times, but I do not try to achieve them all. I've had my console for 4 years and my score is pretty low (below). Also, I split time between two consoles, so I don't have the time (5yr old son, wife, career) to go after every trophy/achievement.
COKTAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 COKTAL
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts

I'm just over 6,000 right now (had my 360 since early january). Since I don't go out and get a new game as soon as I finish the ones I've got I usually return to a game for achievements. It adds a lot more life to the game, which means I get my moneys worth + save a little bit as well. Plus, I'm a perfectionist so having 49/50 or w/e almost forces me to go for that last one.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

Darkslayer16

How is 30k a lot? That's well under 10k a year from launch and without trying at all most people should naturally have that if they have had their 360 for any decent length of time.

I agree, 30k is a lot. But different people have different schedules and free time so their definition of a lot is obviously different.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

Darkslayer16

Dude are you offended? It just so happens that a large percentage of people I come into contact with online don't have 30k+. Hence why I (my opinion) consider it a lot. Now your gamerscore...yeah.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i got a little over 10k.

when i play a game, i just play the first playthrough without even looking at the cheevos. then after i beat said game, i look at the cheevos i have left and decide if i want to try to get them or not.

there are only 3 games so far, where ive actually gone out of my way to get the cheevos. Mass Effect 1&2, i have almost all in each. Left 4 Dead 2, i have 100%

usually if i really like the game ill get all the cheevos i can for said game. other than that, i dont neccessarily go achievment hunting, i will get the easy ones and leave the hard ones since i cant be bothered to get them.

Though i will say, i dont do the achievments solely for the Gamerscore, i do the achievments because some leave you with a feeling of accomplishment, and some are just awesome. i just do them to have fun really.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

Darkslayer16

yea because everybody has the money and time to sit there and play lots of games and rack up their gamerscore.

ive had my 360 for a little over 3 years and im nowhere near 30k. just a bit over 10k.

not everyone has the time and money.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

My Gamerscore is 25,430, and I've had my 360 for 19 months now. I usually try to get all the achievements, and I'm not really done with a game until I have 500+ GS in it (unless I don't like the game, which was the case in Oblivion).

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

My Gamerscore is 25,430, and I've had my 360 for 19 months now. I usually try to get all the achievements, and I'm not really done with a game until I have 500+ GS in it (unless I don't like the game, which was the case in Oblivion).

Drakebunny
I feel you on that, I tried to like oblivion but that game is horrid.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I'm close to 150,000, got my 360 in January 2006. Close to having 1,000 trophies on the PS3. Only a couple of achivements on Steam. I try to get them but I don't go far out of my way, and I don't do boring time consuming things like hunting for hidden pigeons in GTA 4 or Blast Cores in Infamous.

40,000 doesn't take much (depending on how long you have had your console), is it too much though? Is playing video games your hobby, is that what you like to do with your time more than other activities? Do you like playing the same games online for months? Do you prefer single player games? Do you buy a lot of games and a wide variety or do you just play the more casual games like Halo and Call of Duty? How much money do you have to spend? Do you want to spend that money on more expensive new games or special editions or do you want to buy five old games for that price? How good are you? How often do you try to get achievments? All that influences what your score will be, there's no way to have to much or too little. I get a lot because I am good at games, like playing single player more than multiplayer so I don't stick with games that won't earn me anything for long, I have money, and playing Video Games, Card games, and Board games are my main hobbies.

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

konvikt_17

yea because everybody has the money and time to sit there and play lots of games and rack up their gamerscore.

ive had my 360 for a little over 3 years and im nowhere near 30k. just a bit over 10k.

He didn't say 30,000 after 1-3 years though. He just said it was a lot. With the console being out for about seven years though there is no reason to think that it's a lot. Having over 30,000 in even two years really doesn't mean that you have a lot of free time and money. Games can easily be bought cheap, especially older ones, and people who don't have enough free time to get 30,000 gamerscore (if playing videogames is what they want to do with their time) after years either need to seriously rethink their life or are going through a very busy horrible time (like going to college while living alone and trying to work one or two jobs). If you meant not having free time like you had things you wanted to do more than play videogames that would make sense.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I have somewhere around 13k, I don't really play for achievements.
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

I have just a little over 78k and yes I go for achievements. I'd rather have a high completion percentage than a high gamerscore and I don't play bad games for easy achievements. I want to enjoy the game while I'm playing it.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
I'm nearing 15k. Have one arcade game completed, and have only ever went for achievements in one game. Which was Gears of War 2. Gave up on that when I realized I had no one to play Horde with.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
For me "finishing" is when you see the ending credits scrolling. Only if I really like the game alot, I will try to get %100, and also I get the DLC's. So far there's only 1 game I got %100 cheevs, Fallout 3. And I am working on Fallout New Vegas to get %100. The other games, I won't get %100, I finished them but didn't go after any of the cheevs.
jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts
Just shy of 10K. I don't tend to go for achievements unless they get me something I want (game-play improvements or clothing in the avatar store). I use them as a quick way to see how long someone has been gaming in this system and to see which games they love when you do the compare games things with buddies.. The only game that I tried to max-out was "Dead Space" and that was only because I love it so much that I noticed I had most of them.
ChrisStone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChrisStone94
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

I've had my Xbox 360 since the first day it came out I know have 43,956 GS and I have been on around 150 games. I have never really understood people's obsession with collecting gamer score, i've know people go and buy games purely to get it.

Novemberrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Novemberrr
Member since 2011 • 163 Posts
I'm at 85,950 currently..and even though that gamerscore may seem high, I don't go out of my way to rack up lots of achievements, i.e. I don't play many movie tie-in games, or easy achievement droppers like Avatar the Last Airbender..but I do go out of my way on occasion to nab some really easy achievements in games I have an invested interest in. :)
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jagged3dge

I'm close to 150,000, got my 360 in January 2006. Close to having 1,000 trophies on the PS3. Only a couple of achivements on Steam. I try to get them but I don't go far out of my way, and I don't do boring time consuming things like hunting for hidden pigeons in GTA 4 or Blast Cores in Infamous.

40,000 doesn't take much (depending on how long you have had your console), is it too much though? Is playing video games your hobby, is that what you like to do with your time more than other activities? Do you like playing the same games online for months? Do you prefer single player games? Do you buy a lot of games and a wide variety or do you just play the more casual games like Halo and Call of Duty? How much money do you have to spend? Do you want to spend that money on more expensive new games or special editions or do you want to buy five old games for that price? How good are you? How often do you try to get achievments? All that influences what your score will be, there's no way to have to much or too little. I get a lot because I am good at games, like playing single player more than multiplayer so I don't stick with games that won't earn me anything for long, I have money, and playing Video Games, Card games, and Board games are my main hobbies.

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

Legolas_Katarn

He didn't say 30,000 after 1-3 years though. He just said it was a lot. With the console being out for about seven years though there is no reason to think that it's a lot. Having over 30,000 in even two years really doesn't mean that you have a lot of free time and money. Games can easily be bought cheap, especially older ones, and people who don't have enough free time to get 30,000 gamerscore (if playing videogames is what they want to do with their time) after years either need to seriously rethink their life or are going through a very busy horrible time (like going to college while living alone and trying to work one or two jobs). If you meant not having free time like you had things you wanted to do more than play videogames that would make sense.

Time is irrelevant. I just think that 30k gamerscore points is a lot of points. The only people that seem to have a problem with my comment is the guys with over 100k. I mean when is a guy's opinion false?

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

just over 75,000 now... Do I go for achievements? I did for a while but not so much anymore....but I'm happy when I unlock an achievement while playing a game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
My GS is in my sig- if I really like a game i'll take a stab at getting as many of the reasonable achievements as I think I can, but I have yet to get all the achievements for any single game.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
60,000. Yes.
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#31 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I love achievements, but hate ones that take multiple playthroughs with a passion. Why would I want to play a game over again after I just beat it? Especially if it took 80 hours. That's never made any sense to me. I want to move on to the next game/experience.

Anyway, I just hit 45K and always print out a list of non-hidden achievements for easy reference when I play. While not overly original, I love 'kill x enemies with weapon y' type stuff since it forces at least a minimum level of competency on each weapon, which is handy if ammo's running low on your favored guns so you're not all thumbs will a weapon you mostly ignore.

BigRigs93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigRigs93
Member since 2010 • 71 Posts

I have just over 40k achievements wuth 10 maxed and 4 arcades maxed, ive had my xbox alittle over ayear and yes i play for achievemtns, i just enjoy the sense of achievement with fuly completeing a game.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
110K. I make a rule not to look at achievements before my first play through of a game. Then after that I see what I can get. I like the challenge and surprise of getting achievements, and most importantly, I'm having fun doing it.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
My gamerscore is around 41,000 approx. I do go for achievements, but if I find the achievements to be boring or really hard, I usually don't bother. But I do go out of my way to get all of the obtainable achievements. If I have most of the achievements for a game and the rest of the achievements don't seem TOO unobtainable, I will usually go for them too. The silliest one I personally went for was Seriously 2.0 on Gears of War 2. I got to about 15,000 kills out of 100,000 and gave up trying it daily. Maybe one day, in 10 years time I may finally have this achievement :P.
sgotskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sgotskillz
Member since 2010 • 287 Posts

Just passed 20k

xMarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xMarex
Member since 2010 • 168 Posts
I'm like 7-8K, and no I love the surprise when you randomly get achievements, though. For instance, while playing Vanquish, I got 3 achievements in a row for killing a Romanov with a melee attack, killing two robots with one Life Gun blast, and destroying an incoming missile. This was all within the same 45-second span.
jgcane88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jgcane88
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have friends who OCD over achievements, but I personally don't care about that. Im more into multiplayer with my clan.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
21k in 18 games. I complete most of my games because I only buy a few each year and the games I do buy I love to play.
MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

I think I'm around 35,000 and I do go for any that aren't extremely hard to get.

pcbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pcbm
Member since 2003 • 611 Posts
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]For me "finishing" is when you see the ending credits scrolling. Only if I really like the game alot, I will try to get %100, and also I get the DLC's. So far there's only 1 game I got %100 cheevs, Fallout 3. And I am working on Fallout New Vegas to get %100. The other games, I won't get %100, I finished them but didn't go after any of the cheevs.

achievements are cool to get some extra playtime but to say you didn't beat or complete a game till you have all of them is just crazy!!! play the game for fun.. if its work to you don't bother
suptats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 suptats
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts

Currently; 45k
Hurr, yes, shamefully. I love my 'cheevies. I'll play a game I love, and achievements give me even more reason to go back and play that game again, only when I have maxed it out, do I feel like I have properly finished a game. Looking through my list, I have a lot of work to do D;

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Mm, I have a little over 24,000 with 53 games, but thats including games that my friends came over and played on my 360 and unlocked like 1 or 2 achievements and arcade games.

jrtorres713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jrtorres713
I've only had an xbox since dec, 2010. My score is like 7220. I play for achievements sometimes. Never got 100% though. Mass effect 2, assassin's creed brotherhood, bayonetta, and bioshock 1 are all close to 100% but not quite. Some games I loved but never got around to doing many achievements, like Red Dead Redemption.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I'm at almost 35k now, and ya I play for most of the achivements, but I don't play games simply for the achievements
haloman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 haloman92
Member since 2005 • 2094 Posts

For those interested in your stats for achievements go check out www.trueachievements.com. It's a great website showing your percentage, your hardest achievements, your best achievements, your best days, etc. Be warned, becomes very addicting lol. My name on there is "big papa chill" so if you sign up just refer me and Ill friend you. I got about 31k gamerscore, 46k trueachievement score

Celus93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Celus93
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

I have 6000 Gamerscore and Ii always try to go got the easy acheivements first and then later in the game the hard achievements

pointman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pointman25
mine is 60k and for me achievments are just an after thought
chuckiechan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chuckiechan43
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
im at 13k and i only go for achievements if i really like the game if not ill just play it one playthrough and then on to the next dnt really care that much about my gamerscore
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

2010GS or something. I tried to stop at an even 2000 but went over. Not I do not bother with achievements, I have just 31 games for Xbox 360, Plus I have PS3 which I play way more and have 3 times the games for it as myXbox 360, Plus PSP, PS2, PS1 games and Super NES and wii.

So I don't play for acheivements or trophies (which I managed to obtain 485) but don't play for them.

2010 is my current gamerscore. I don't concertrate on getting all of them within a game. (never managed to become addicted to achievements/gamerscore)

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Ive had my xbox exactly 1 year coming mid August and im at 66k. I did play alot for achievements, but i didn't replay any games i had played/plat on the PS3 except Borderlands and Dante's Inferno.

I did play heavy for achievements, but i got so bad into it that i was spending money on bad games with easy achievements and avoiding good games cause they had hard achievements. Also my wife was starting to get real ill and i ignored it. Luckily i got out of it and now i just buy games that seem interesting to me regardless of the acievements. I do look at the achievements but usually as i get them just to see what i did. Otherwies i could care less. I do however like to watch my score go up, but i don't put alot of effort into making sure it does.