vertical or horizontal? whats the best way to keep your xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bathingape73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bathingape73
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
some people like to have their xbox vertical and some like it horizontal? is there a big difference or is it just user preference? what are some precautions that ensure ur xbox will be working for a long time. hit me back
Str8Trance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Str8Trance
Member since 2003 • 85 Posts
hey there...Ive had my box since release and have left it horizontal. I have seen videos/forums/blogs etc...showing that DVD's get scratched very easily when in the vertical position. I can probably find those examples for ya if you need. Also keep your box in an extremely ventilated area. NEVER set it on carpet or inside an entertainment center. Put it on top if you have too.
Psychotic_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Psychotic_360
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

Its personal preference, however I keep it horizontal and Im on my 4th 360. so I dont really know if vertical will help prolong its life. I just got used to laying mine horizontal due to my 2nd 360 scratching disc only when it was vertical.

ubtman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ubtman
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
I've had numerous friends complain about their discs being scratched when they have their 360's vertical. The way the disc spins while running can actually go too fast and get out of control and scratch the lens. I keep mine horizonal
DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

Hey dude, my xbox butchered my discs when it was vertical.

What started out as faint light scratches, ended up being deep "I did this with a diamond ring" with a bit of- "I cant beleive you **** Gears of war". I had to get the 360 repaired and so then i have kept it horizontal. No dramas since.

And yes stick with it being ventilated.

Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts

I use mine vertical and haven't had any problems at all. Only scratching I had was when I moved it while it was on (scratched up my game pretty bad).

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
I've had my Xbox since mid 2006 and I've had it sitting vertical ever since. I haven't had any problems with it at all. No scratched games, no overheating issues, and no red lights of doom. Maybe I just got lucky?
Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

I had my first 360 horizontal and it was fine till the lens stop reading the games (nothing to do with it being horizontal). I put my second one vertical and its been fine ever since. I have never had a disk scratched. Just make sure ur 360 is stable which ever way u put it.

Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
horizontalbathingape73
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
uhh...i've had my elite vertical ever since it launched....nothing bad happened. it's the best for ventilation, all this scratched disc stuff happens if you move the console while it's running.
bathingape73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bathingape73
what do you guys think of those stands they have for the xbox. are those really useful or are those just a waste of money.
Eyonmeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eyonmeeler
I think its a personal preferance also. my 360 I had b4 had its dvd drive broken from being vertical though. It kinda popped it in a way where youd have to eject 3 times to open the drive. I keep mines horizontal now and it seems fine
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I keep it vertical, no problems with overheating and/or disc scratching at all.