UT III will not sell good on 360

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
Its probably going to release right near Halo 3's release so theres no way it will do good in sales.The Unreal games for Xbox sold like crap and no game can compete with Halo 3.How good do you think it will sell?
codemaster008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 codemaster008
Member since 2003 • 555 Posts
UT is a pc dominant game... It may sell ok on the 360, but it will never dominate on a console...
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
so your saying no one should make games anymore cause Halo 3 will sell better then them. Well that where your wrong it will sell really good will be up there with Gears of War and Halo 3 maybe not more then them but up there. Also I dont think it will come out near Halo 3 I think they are going to delay it to early 2008
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
umm...unreal tournament games have always sold very well, many of them have been game of the year titles..I know myself and plenty of other people will be purchasing it and I think it will do just fine. 
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
I still think regardless of it being PC dominant it will be in the 360s million seller club.
gimlifn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 gimlifn
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts
Halo 3 will sell alot better but I am still getting Halo 3 and Unreal Tournament 3. They both will be great games and alot of fun.
ArabSolja99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArabSolja99
Member since 2006 • 1630 Posts
well, the thing is, only if it comes out the same time Halo 3 does, which I seriously doubt. The makers of UT3 have a atleast half a brainstem to think that they shouldn't launch their game against the best game on Xbox/Xbox360, sales wise. They want to make money, and they're not going against the best to lose it, they wanna launch it when ur thinking "I need a new game". So in conclusion, i think its gonna be AWESOME, as long as it doesnt come out with
Halo 3
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimmygrace
well, the thing is, only if it comes out the same time Halo 3 does, which I seriously doubt. The makers of UT3 have a atleast half a brainstem to think that they shouldn't launch their game against the best game on Xbox/Xbox360, sales wise. They want to make money, and they're not going against the best to lose it, they wanna launch it when ur thinking "I need a new game". So in conclusion, i think its gonna be AWESOME, as long as it doesnt come out with
Halo 3 ArabSolja99
The thing about that is there are so many people who are only gonna want Halo 3 this fall and will play it til probably the next Xbox.Thats what happened with Halo 2.
Avatar image for NorwegianWinter
NorwegianWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NorwegianWinter
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3 will be sold when it is most needed and that will be when not many other high profile games are being sold as well. UT 3 will make great sales statistics. It could probably even do so if sold around the same time as Halo 3.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
halo 3 will obviously sell better, but unreal tournament 3 will still be a good seller i think
perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

I've honestly heard this a million times. There must be a couple die hard pc fans out there who keep posting about this.

Unreal will sell great on 360 if it has great online. I say this because most 360 owners like online fps. I could never imagine playing a fps with a keyboard and mouse that would just feel akward and stupid. And besides, what would be the point of playing with the keyboard and mouse if it gives you an unfair advantage over those playing with handheld controllers? What would be the fun and challange in that? The reason I play fps on consoles is because imo it takes more skill and makes the game more challanging , therefore increasing the replay value. Especially in games like Perfect Dark Zero that have no auto aim. By the way Perfect dark zero is still the best game on the 360 imo. And rare better make a sequel or a new fps title for 360.

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimmygrace

I've honestly heard this a million times. There must be a couple die hard pc fans out there who keep posting about this.

Unreal will sell great on 360 if it has great online. I say this because most 360 owners like online fps. I could never imagine playing a fps with a keyboard and mouse that would just feel akward and stupid. And besides, what would be the point of playing with the keyboard and mouse if it gives you an unfair advantage over those playing with handheld controllers? What would be the fun and challange in that? The reason I play fps on consoles is because imo it takes more skill and makes the game more challanging , therefore increasing the replay value. Especially in games like Perfect Dark Zero that have no auto aim. By the way Perfect dark zero is still the best game on the 360 imo. And rare better make a sequel or a new fps title for 360.

perfect-dank-0
PDZ sucked.
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
UT III, will not sell well on the 360....
Avatar image for SicsStringFreak
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SicsStringFreak
Member since 2003 • 1679 Posts

there was no unreal tournament for xbox, it was all unreal championship, and their is a difference. UT3 will sale like you wont believe on all platforms.... the market is bigger than you think trust me.

mattes2542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattes2542
Member since 2004 • 2362 Posts

It humors me seeing everyone saying UT3 will sell horrible on the 360. Given that Halo is the franchise the set xbox/xbox 360 of course halo 3 will sell well. But UT3 is a fantastic game it's just going to take time since the really die hard fans will be getting it for pc. Another thing that can change the tides is MS talked about a special controller back in the day that was more precise so if rumors start taking off about that it may change things.

mura89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mura89
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
UT is a pc dominant game... It may sell ok on the 360, but it will never dominate on a console...codemaster008

exelent point it's more of pc dominant game than console game but I'll still buy it :D
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SicsStringFreak

It humors me seeing everyone saying UT3 will sell horrible on the 360. Given that Halo is the franchise the set xbox/xbox 360 of course halo 3 will sell well. But UT3 is a fantastic game it's just going to take time since the really die hard fans will be getting it for pc. Another thing that can change the tides is MS talked about a special controller back in the day that was more precise so if rumors start taking off about that it may change things.

mattes2542
yeah i dont know why they think this, but Unreal Tournament 3 will sale great on all platforms... its just that simple too many fans of the franchise own a pc, or a 360 or a ps3. and some have personal prefferences on what to get it on, and what services they want online, and so fourth... three main options, and all 3 are good options, i personally will own it on the 360. because the 360 controller is great for FPS. at least for me it is.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
It will sell great on PC, which is where I'm getting it.
Samuraidragons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Samuraidragons
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
I like Halo but i love UT and most of the people i talk to on live are skeptical about halo 3 oh and UT is one of the top FPS of all time with Quake so i think it will sell well, and if UT3 and halo 3 came out on the same day i would get UT for sure.
MikeV192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MikeV192
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts
just about everyone who plays online shooters on 360 will buy it.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SicsStringFreak
just about everyone who plays online shooters on 360 will buy it.MikeV192
or at least try it.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="MikeV192"]just about everyone who plays online shooters on 360 will buy it.SicsStringFreak
or at least try it.

but that goes for halo3 and ut3
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
Its probably going to release right near Halo 3's release so theres no way it will do good in sales.The Unreal games for Xbox sold like crap and no game can compete with Halo 3.How good do you think it will sell?jimmygrace
i think it'll sell good.  it's a great game.  what's better than 1 great shooter under the tree?  2 great shooters under the tree.  you have to remember it'll be christmas time.   and unreal championship is not unreal tournament.  i feel ashamed for even mentioning uc in the same post as ut.
yetimaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yetimaster12
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
Well it will sell at least one copy....to me!
FruitCakesRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FruitCakesRUS
Member since 2004 • 140 Posts
*to thread maker*
"Hello, my name is English.  Have we been introduced before?"
claymanjuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 claymanjuba
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts
i dont think it will match the amount of sales of gears of war and halo 3...but im sure it will sell well
mmallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 mmallory
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts

Perfect_Dank_Zero said, "I say this because most 360 owners like online fps. I could never imagine playing a fps with a keyboard and mouse that would just feel akward and stupid. And besides, what would be the point of playing with the keyboard and mouse if it gives you an unfair advantage over those playing with handheld controllers?"

A mouse and keyboard is superior to console controllers in every way for FPS.  Even though controls have got much more fluid and better overall ex. Halo 2, R6Vegas, there is still nothing to compare with the aim capability of a mouse with high sensitivity. My computer is too slow to run new FPS shooters, so I play live on 360. If I had the hardware though I would rather play FPS shooters on my PC except for the Halo games.

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

everyone is forgetting one major thing. All of the GeOW fanboys will buy it. I'm sure anything with the name EPIC on it now will sell like hotcakes on the 360.

Dont get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of UT series and would buy it regardless but I know they are going to have a jump in sales just because of gears of war.

cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

I think they will both sell really well. Even though both are FPS the speed difference between the two make them completely different in the way a lot of people play. I think UT III will force people to play differently just like Gears did

tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Will not do as well as on the PC but will do better than PS3 version since there is xbox live.  Also, those were unreal championship games, just not the same.  I will get it for the 360 and maybe down the line get it for the PC when i have one that can play it at 60fps no problem.
Twiztid-Maddox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Twiztid-Maddox
Member since 2003 • 699 Posts
well Unreal has more playability than Gears Of War, and everyone that loves Gears knows, or should know who Epic Games is...
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts
Its probably going to release right near Halo 3's release so theres no way it will do good in sales.The Unreal games for Xbox sold like crap and no game can compete with Halo 3.How good do you think it will sell?jimmygrace
good job...unreal has done pretty well overall. I'm sure it'll sell very well regardless of halo. halo is not the only game out there.
higherARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 higherARC
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
Just because Halo 3 is coming out I'm not buying just that. I'm planning to buy over 10 games this year. Sure Halo 3 will be great, but I want to enjoy all the other games that developers work hard to make. It's a great time to be a gamer.
higherARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 higherARC
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
O yeah, I strongly recommend Unreal Championship 2. It's a great game that will give you a taste of UT3. The visuals resemble UT3 a little and the gameplay is incredible.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
If there is a demo of UT3... I will see how my PC runs it. If it doesn't run so hot, I will pick it up on 360 which obviously has no problem running hte UE3 engine (Gears).
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
I LOVED Unreal Championship 2 on XBOX. Unreal > Halo for me all the way.
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
You could be right but people like me are still going to buy it. Im not even that stoked about Halo 3 or UT3. But im gonna buy both because they both look pretty bangin.
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
You need to fix up your grammar. UT III will probably not sell well on 360, but I think it is foolish of Epic to compete against GTA IV and Halo 3 on a console. IMO, hold it back till January.
Yogurt1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yogurt1701
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
UT3 will sell well on the 360. Halo 3 will have to have orgasmis multi-player to top UT's. I'm looking at Halo 3 as (hopefully) having an awesome single player campaign, & UT3 as being the multiplayer king. I wasn't impressed with Halo 2 single or multiplayer. Sorry fanboys, I just didn't rate it.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I disagree, Call of Duty 3 sold 1-1.5 last year on the 360, I don't know why people don't think people would buy 2 games of the same type but sorry it will happen, Halo 3 will sell more obviously but UT3 is going to sell at least 1-1.5 worldwide by the end of the year on cosoles
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
ya it wont sell as much i never thought about it that way
Bobturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bobturtle
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I belive that UNR111 wont release at the same time as halo3 but UN3 will sell good..
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I thought it's coming out at late spring,i.e june.

Also FPS and 360 just meld together,do i think this game has every Chance of being a big hit on the 360.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Its a great game, it will sell just fine. If the last couple months have shown anything its that the 360 community can support several quality shooters at one time.
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#45 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts

Well I have a way good pc, and I am getting it for the pc not the 360, and well that is more a pc game than a system one

betamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 betamon
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts
After gears has done so well I can't see this game doing poorly. As soon as people see that it's from the same makers as gears they'll want to play it. Though I'm not sure how many gamers actually pay attention to those types of things, but the two games do look similar in art style, so I think it's pretty obvious.
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
Halo3 and UT3 will be different enough, that I'll buy both even if they came out at the same time besides.... who says you have to by both the same day or week. I got Gears on day one, and just now picked up RainbowSix
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I disagree, I'd take it over Halo any day. Also, it should read "UT III will not sell well on 360." Stop skipping English class.
jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#49 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
It will sell just fine
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points