hinbojega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 hinbojega
Member since 2022 • 2 Posts

Recently bought a used xbox 1 x. The owner didnt reset or remove his account so I deleted hos account because i didnt know how to factory reset the console. When i got home I put my own account and found the old owner's previous games like Fortnite and Hitman 2. I thought games are tied to the account and after removing it i can still play them on my account. Is there a reason behind this? and will they dissapear If I reset the xbox?(im not gonna reset it because it has been working just fine for the past week). Thanks in advance

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

@hinbojega said:

I thought games are tied to the account and after removing it i can still play them on my account. Is there a reason behind this?

The reason why you can still play these games after removing the account is because the previous owner has set this console as their home console. When this is set, all other profiles can play games owned by whoever set this. This will continue to remain their home console even if their profile was removed from the console.

If the previous owner sets their new console (if they now own an Xbox console) as their new home console, the games on this machine will stop working for you. With the exception of free to play games.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 409 Posts

I recently sold my One and didn't really know about the set home XBOX thing, so thanks for the info kind strangers!

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#5 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

The previous owner has to I believe sign on his Xbox account and remove the system from his account. I know I have two Series S consoles and I have one set as my home console and other isn't. So I had to remove it from my account on xbox.com as I signed in it.