To this day i am still impressed by Gears' graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I've been playing the Gears SP cause all the Gears 2 fottage got me in the mood. And i can honestly say that the games graphics still impress me. Specifically the charector models.

One of my favorite times for graphics is directly before the mining station and the imulsion is reflecting light off your charector.

(back when they cared) People would always complain about the lack of color in the game. But i don't think they are taking into account the setting of the game. It takes place in a derelict city, how many colors could you possibly expect without them looking out of place?

Just a random thought for anybody that might have been interested.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
me and my friend were talking about this last night because i re-bought gears for us to play and he said that he still loves and is impressed with the look of the game. i agreed with him. the physics arent great but the look of the game is impressive and i still hav fun playing it.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
its still one of the best looking games on 360
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vendettared468
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

I've been playing the Gears SP cause all the Gears 2 fottage got me in the mood. And i can honestly say that the games graphics still impress me. Specifically the charector models.

One of my favorite times for graphics is directly before the mining station and the imulsion is reflecting light off your charector.

(back when they cared) People would always complain about the lack of color in the game. But i don't think they are taking into account the setting of the game. It takes place in a derelict city, how many colors could you possibly expect without them looking out of place?

Rohan1627

charector? do you mean character?

School ended 2 hours ago, after that time i don't bother to check spelling and often times spell things phonetically. Get over it.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Indeed it's still one the best looking console games out there, from a technical perspective.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
yeh it was a stunning looking game gears 2 has improved very much on the 1st and the people that go on about colour have been owned by the rich vibrant colours gears 2 has.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I've been impressed by Gears' graphics. The game had a very unique and impressive art direction. The design team called it "destroyed beauty," and I think they captured that concept very well in the game.

Rohan1627

Rohan, if you spend you're time correctign poeples' spelling on forems, your going too be a very busy man, for all eternety.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
IMO I think it is still one of the top great looking 360 games out.
TheBurgerKing2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 TheBurgerKing2
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
yea it is still one of the best looking games even though its 2 years old and gears 2 is going to have even better graphics so i cant wait i have it pre ordered and paid off
Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I thought the game looked amazing when I first played it, and that was only in standard definition, haha. The only reason I can understand why someone would say that the game looks bad is, as someone said earlier, they didn't agree with the art style of the game. Like stated before though, I think it fits perfectly within the game's setting/universe.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

yea it is still one of the best looking games even though its 2 years old and gears 2 is going to have even better graphics so i cant wait i have it pre ordered and paid offTheBurgerKing2

The graphics are not really better they just added some more color and destructable envrionments. The textures, shadows, reflections, and lighting still all look the same only with more color.

LiquidEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LiquidEffect
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
Today I am still impressed with Fight Night Round 3 graphics. They own Gears of war graphics
TheBurgerKing2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheBurgerKing2
actually i saw an interview and they said they have improved environments, physics, character models, lighting and all of that it was announced at GDC when gears 2 was first announced
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

actually i saw an interview and they said they have improved environments, physics, character models, lighting and all of that it was announced at GDC when gears 2 was first announcedTheBurgerKing2

They improved it but not to the point where its even noticeable.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

yeah you´re absolutely right, when i´m playing i just stop staring at the most different views they´re so cool

now imagine what they can do for gears2!..Epic said that they where going to push the 360 hard so just imagine it better than the 1st..

and yeah gears1 is one of the best in graphics

Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

Rohan, if you spend you're time correctign poeples' spelling on forems, your going too be a very busy man, for all eternety.

Palantas
I'm sorry but something like character, seems like something very easy to spell.
TheBurgerKing2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheBurgerKing2

[QUOTE="TheBurgerKing2"]actually i saw an interview and they said they have improved environments, physics, character models, lighting and all of that it was announced at GDC when gears 2 was first announcednVidiaGaMer

They improved it but not to the point where its even noticeable.

We will need to see the whole game to see but as of right now and from the videos i have seen it looks a lot more colorful and detailed

ALLeyesONme68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ALLeyesONme68
Member since 2006 • 1088 Posts

vendettared468
definately agree... beautiful graphics btw your picture is kick@ss. Brick is one of the best movies I've seen and I watch a lot of movies
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
As am i, no doubt one of the best graphical games in my opinion.
ras2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ras2009
Member since 2006 • 2772 Posts
I was watching someone play it on Justin.tv yesterday (My Xbox RRoded so i have to watch people :cry: ) looked Ace i still haven't played it though, i plan on getting Gears 2 for Xmas With a Elite ;)
snake69pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snake69pie
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yes perfect ....and a lot of fun online!!
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vendettared468

I was watching someone play it on Justin.tv yesterday (My Xbox RRoded so i have to watch people :cry: ) looked Ace i still haven't played it though, i plan on getting Gears 2 for Xmas With a Elite ;)ras2009

I'd recommend you play the first too, you could find it for really cheap if not now than closer to the release of the second one.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Yeah I am still impressed by Gears graphics.
ras2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ras2009
Member since 2006 • 2772 Posts

[QUOTE="ras2009"]I was watching someone play it on Justin.tv yesterday (My Xbox RRoded so i have to watch people :cry: ) looked Ace i still haven't played it though, i plan on getting Gears 2 for Xmas With a Elite ;)vendettared468

I'd recommend you play the first too, you could find it for really cheap if not now than closer to the release of the second one.

Yea i probually will do :)
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts
its still one of the best looking games on 360angryfodder
Agreed, I played it two months ago and loved it's look. It's the ltitle things in the game that make it look so great.
Avatar image for deusexforever78
deusexforever78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deusexforever78
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
not halo not gears of war no todays firs person shotter will beat deus ex 1 it was one of the best ever deus ex is the king of firs person shoter the next deus ex 3 is in eidos forum check it out
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
certainly is. The graphics are still in the running for the best looking game out on the 360.
hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

I've been impressed by Gears' graphics. The game had a very unique and impressive art direction. The design team called it "destroyed beauty," and I think they captured that concept very well in the game.

[QUOTE="Rohan1627"]

Palantas

I see what you did there;)

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I see what you did there ;)

hooded1man

Thank you for noticing. :) I liked "your" and "you're."

kogaface420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kogaface420
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Gears is gorgeous, as is any game on the U3 engine!

I've recently been comparing it to MGS4 for a true 'exclusives' gfx comparison...

After replaying GOW, I must say...my judgement is much more clouded! The models on that game are breathtaking!!!

While the models are better, I'd say shadowing, environments, particle effects, and special effects (I.E. hair, things blowing in the wind, clothing, etc) look MUCH better on MGS...oh well, what can you expect from Konami?

Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

I see what you did there;)

hooded1man

Oh snap, I just noticed that.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

[QUOTE="Rohan1627"]

Palantas

Hah.Well played sir... well played.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

vendettared468
I agree with you, the graphics still to this day look AMAZING. In my mind there's still no other game on any console that looks as good as Gears. I don't understand peoples complains with the use of the greys, to me I think a bunch of colorful objects would throw the whole gritty blood and guts theme off. But it is nice to see part two implementing more colors. Gears 2 will be just that much better!