to many little kids XBL

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

So I was playing MW2 and there was this one player talking in his mike on my team with a really high voice asking somebody how do you throw a grenade. I told him but we lost because the kid waqs just running into the other team getting killed. I know if you have a older brother you sometimes play his games but come on, do I really have to hear the kid screaming when he gets killed. I have nothing against little kids playing games but I think online is a little much. If you want to hear more of this check out my blog:D

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

So, do you have some grand plan to remove all the little kids off of Xbox Live?

jason86586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jason86586
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
There will always be problems like this on any online gaming service so you just got to accept it and move on.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soapman72

Im just saying I am not going to have a grand plan I am just saying

1white999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 1white999
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Pisses me off to thats why you stop playing **** kids games like MW2
tehHaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tehHaste
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
if all the little kids stayed on COD that would be great so I will encounter less of them on better games like Halo, counterstrike, BC2, gears, Bulletstorm!!!!!(hopefully its good). But in general even if they aren't little kids there are still A holes and at that point you could just mute them and not write about it in forums.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

You blog about how much you hate kids?

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

Thats why they have MUTE

chaddk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chaddk
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts

I remember playing SOCOM online when I was still a young teen, and I'd always get crap for being a little kid, even though I was better than most people who played at the time. Now I play Xbox Live, 19 years old. It's weird being on the "otherside" of the situation now, and I try to give kids a break on Xbox Live, because not too long ago some of us were in that position.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#10 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Mute him, problem solved. I don't understand why people act like children or jerks are an unavoidable problem on xbox live. Just mute them and you problem is solved. Don't argue with them, don't stoop to their level, just mute them and you don't have to deal with them. And be honest, when you were their age you played M rated games too, didn't you? I first played M rated games and online multiplayer games when I was fourteen and compared to my friends that was pretty late. Cut them some slack. Besides, most people I know who complain about kids on Live are people who are still going through puberty.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

I am a older gamer and do not like hearing kids while I play games either. I basically grabbed my mic and put it in the trash because the majority of Xbox live population are kids and I play games to get away from people.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
I hate little kids that tries to act like a God in Online Gaming, but simply, their not, even though It was funny as heck back in my early Halo 3 days when me and my friends kill the kids and T-Bag them (Not me), good times! What I do TC is to Mute the Kid, thats how I roll.
ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts

To be honest, I don't know why so many kids are playing games like MW2 or Gears or whatever. We have the ratings system for some reason.

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts

To be honest, I don't know why so many kids are playing games like MW2 or Gears or whatever. We have the ratings system for some reason.

ModeDude
I ask myself this all the time
SFXL3W15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SFXL3W15
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="ModeDude"]

nhlkiller

Some kid's think it makes them look "solid" if they play these games and it's them that make all kid's look like brats.

punisher1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 punisher1001
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

Their parents need to take active role in their lives and curb those little potty mouths.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soapman72

You blog about how much you hate kids?

LittleEnid

Did I ever say I hate little kids

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
hey buddy theres an option to mute the ONE kid so u don't have to HEAR him when hes talkin n screamin in the "mike" :D
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Isn't it worse when older people scream when they die? Mic, not mike.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soapman72

Isn't it worse when older people scream when they die? Mic, not mike.

jad206

sorry spell check

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
[QUOTE="Prest1geGamer"][QUOTE="nhlkiller"][QUOTE="ModeDude"]

But.......your in the family zone? You dumba**

Your point? What's it to you if I'm in the family zone. Were talking about how the rating system clearly doesn't work.
Shub-Niggurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 Shub-Niggurath
Member since 2004 • 558 Posts

For all I know, everyone on XBL is a little kid. Some of them are pretty good and/or they'requiet. As another older gamer, 27, it's not a big deal to just hear them. I remember back in the SOCOM days on PS2 I jumped into a game with some kid that really sounded like he was maybe 5. He was a terrible player and annoying as hell and it was 5am eastern time. As long as it's only one of them, it isn't too bad because if your squad was decent enough you could compensate for the inevitable loss of the one bad player.

The ones I hate are the ones who have a 7 word vocabularyand I use the word"vocabulary" loosely. It'sjust a combination of racial epithets and obscenities and all they do is spam on the mic and just non-stop spew profanity. Yes there is a mute option but apparently a lot of other players don't realize that.

When I still had my XBL Gold account I was playing skate one night and I ended up playing with one of the aforementioned kids. It wasaround 3 or 4am eastern time. I found the mute feature eventually(and the option to avoid and report said player) butI was apparently the only one who went into that game who found it. I don't know how a lot of other online games work on XBL but skate didn't let you pick your specific game to jump into. You chose your game type and then it connected you of its own volition. Especially in the wee hours you could sign out of a game to get away from a player and sign right back into the same game. Since I had him muted, it didn't bother me to be in there because his vocabulary was roughly on par with his ability to play the game (incerdibly weak). I was working on the achievement for winning25 ranked online matches in a row. Sadly, anytime someone else worth having in the game popped in this kid offended them and/or p!ssed them off to the point they signed out. I don't know if they signed back in again after waiting a minute or two and found another game or not but eventually the kid got tired of getting his arse kicked and logged off. Then it returned to normal. Eventually a couple of people signed in to play. I'm not very chatty when I play but the optionto have a casual conversation with another players is always nice.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Kids and mics is just a bad idea anyways. As annoying as the kids are on Xbox LIVE it really makes me not wanna have any kids myself. Thank god Xbox LIVE ain't free, because if it was..oh you better believe we'd be bombarded with thousands more of the little ones with the squeaky voices. And I'm not saying all kids are annoying, just the ones with the chipmunk voices!
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

Welcome to the internet, i guess.

Imsterminate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Imsterminate
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

Thats why they have MUTE

lge777
too right :P
Fearlessbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fearlessbro
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
It's not that theres too many little kids it's that most of the players are between 13 - 16 and are immature.
Drayco90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Drayco90
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

I remember playing SOCOM online when I was still a young teen, and I'd always get crap for being a little kid, even though I was better than most people who played at the time. Now I play Xbox Live, 19 years old. It's weird being on the "otherside" of the situation now, and I try to give kids a break on Xbox Live, because not too long ago some of us were in that position.

chaddk
Thank you. I'm on the lower teen half of the spectrum, and get crap all the time, but I'm not disruptive, and I've been gaming all my life. I remember being 10, and not even bieng able to play Halo 2's multiplayer because when I did they just made fun of me and tag-teamed me to death. I think you should play everyone as an equal untill proven otherwise in gaming combat. We're too small a group of people to be waring with our fellow gamer, especially with the Mass-Media trying to make us look like phsychotic serial rapist-killers.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

chaddk

lol yeah, im 27 now and I got xbox live on my 21 birthday so I have never been i that position, I used to play online games on the PC at 18, so thats the youngest I have been whehn playing online

personally Iim glad that online gaming wasnt mainstream when I was a kid, I got to enjoy the golden age of gaming with the SNES, MegaDrive, PS, N64 etc

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Mute them. Win.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
You mute them, and don't plug your blog into posts.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Mute them. Win.

OfficialBed
So if you go into a game when it has already started you have to sit there defenseless and try to mute everyone before you die? I just don't use my headset in certain games and that has always worked for me.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

Mute them. Win.

craigalan23
So if you go into a game when it has already started you have to sit there defenseless and try to mute everyone before you die? I just don't use my headset in certain games and that has always worked for me.

You don't spawn until you choose your class. So you can still mute the obnoxious people on your team first.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
i think alot of people forget what they were like as kids, and would you of wanted to miss out on xbox live if you were the same age now
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="OfficialBed"] So if you go into a game when it has already started you have to sit there defenseless and try to mute everyone before you die? I just don't use my headset in certain games and that has always worked for me.

You don't spawn until you choose your class. So you can still mute the obnoxious people on your team first.

I don't know it just seems like a waste of time to me at least. I haven't found anyone decent on that game and just end up muting everyone that talks. As for the respawning I always seem to do it right away but I guess that's just me. I don't know why but as soon as I start I like respawning so I can get a feel for what is happening.
i think alot of people forget what they were like as kids, and would you of wanted to miss out on xbox live if you were the same age nowdjrobst
I was a kid but never played online so I wouldn't bother others. I had LAN parties so I could only annoy my friends.
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

They all play modern warfare 2, plus I mute them, ever heard of slience is golden?

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

i wish there was a way microsoft could figure out the ages of these kids and put them in an under 18 lobby or something. have it where kids and adults are separated. i dont know how microsoft would do that, but man would it be appreciated. i dont ever use a headset when playing online. when i do use a headset, im in a party with friends.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
if all the little kids stayed on COD that would be great so I will encounter less of them on better games like Halo, counterstrike, BC2, gears, Bulletstorm!!!!!(hopefully its good). But in general even if they aren't little kids there are still A holes and at that point you could just mute them and not write about it in forums.tehHaste
no one goes to halo to escape little kids
Cheesemanook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cheesemanook
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

Just mute them. If you ignore them, they might actually shut up. They're simply doing to annoy others.

pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

little kids playing MW2 was one of the most annoying things...kinda happy i switched to battlefield :) it's either no one talks or older people :P

o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Welcome to the internet, i guess.

Gundamforce

You are a smart man (or woman, or kid, or alien. Whatever).

Kids are everywhere. On the internet, on XBL, on PSN, online PC games, on the Wii, and believe it or not, there even in real life. Yea, what a shocker.

If you really find them annoying whilst playing on XBL mute them, or leave the game. There really isn't much else you can do, and complaining about it on the internet is just... welll, retarded I guess considering the vast majority of internet users are probably kids -_-

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#42 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

Thats why they have MUTE

lge777
This.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Mute little kids and annoying people in general=problem solved.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

I am a older gamer and do not like hearing kids while I play games either. I basically grabbed my mic and put it in the trash because the majority of Xbox live population are kids and I play games to get away from people.

Sherjas24
Maybe you should play single player games... I stopped playing online mainly due to that reason and for the fact that games aren't original anymore. Deathmatch, team deathmatch. Pretty much the standard nowadays.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Um... My 7 year old cousin types better English than you OP. If I had to choose between listening to him "squeak" in plain clear educated English and you mumble your ignorant English... I would choose listening to him squeak...

killakar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killakar1
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

You Cant Escape Kids On Any Game Just Mute And Play As You Would Like They Were Never There To Begin With

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
All hail the magical mute button!
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
just pwn them
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

So, do you have some grand plan to remove all the little kids off of Xbox Live?

metroidprime55

I do! Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."

Problem solved. :P