The Call of Duty 4 thread - All discussion here, please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#151 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Do I need to play the others to understand this?PittsburgJets93
Nope :)
sir_coke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 sir_coke1
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

[QUOTE="j-powwnd"]the game is great but way way too short ........funny when the creators said it was the longest call of duty yet and thats what made me buy it i beat it on the hardest level before i even got comfortable with the gameplay great game but not worth 60 bucs for only a couple hours of game funny that the games now get so much hype cost so much money but are so much shorter i think im done buy new games for sixty bucks just wait a couple months and pay 15 to 25 bucs i think its time we stop make these game makers so rich and yet we get less and less every year you would think it would be the other way around hell you can get a original xbox for 50 bucs and longer games for like 8 bucs damn and thats how much i spent for this.............QuickThumbs
Less and Less? I haven't beaten the single player yet but I have been pretty amazed with the quality of this game. I already sunk close to 12 hours into the multiplayer and I can't wait to get back online. I have no problem paying $60 for a game this polished. I really don't expect an FPS to have a epic 50 hour campaign. With so many games coming out I like to be able to beat a game and then have fun shooting people up online.

Theres a score single player mode after you beat the game (kind of like halo 3) that makes the game last alot longer then you think. Game doesn't have to be long if its good. Look at Gears of War so many many awards and it was a very short game. Also look at bioshock ppl complain bc they thought it was Too Long for a fps. Theres no way you can please everyone. If MS and infinary ward support this game like halo 3 it will be a BIG hit and last as long as halo 3 will

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to turn the cheats on? Ive gotten all the intel laptops and Im playing on arcade mode but cant figure out how to turn it on.
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

the game is great but way way too short ........funny when the creators said it was the longest call of duty yet and thats what made me buy it i beat it on the hardest level before i even got comfortable with the gameplay great game but not worth 60 bucs for only a couple hours of game funny that the games now get so much hype cost so much money but are so much shorter i think im done buy new games for sixty bucks just wait a couple months and pay 15 to 25 bucs i think its time we stop make these game makers so rich and yet we get less and less every year you would think it would be the other way around hell you can get a original xbox for 50 bucs and longer games for like 8 bucs damn and thats how much i spent for this.............j-powwnd

Not worth $60? Ever heard of multiplayer?? I dont even buy a game for its campaign, im an online gamer. And COD4 is worth every penny

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

Just a note to those who say this game has bad matchmaking:

IT DOES NOT. It can't have bad matchmaking, because it's not real matchmaking. They're not supposed to pair you up with people based on attachments, they pair you up with people who are playing, period. It might be annoying at first, but you rapidly figure out how to kill people who have better guns than you, for instance, by being mildly stealthy. Also, it's a game of skill, there are people who have all the attachments are suck at using them, so there you go.

pyrobrand

Whats the point of being awarded better weapons, equipment, etc if all you play with online are others the same level with the same weapon upgrades? It would be useless. IW got it right with matching lvl 20's with level 1-10's

zacattack1452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 zacattack1452
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
does any1 know if there is going to be 2 players on the same console are going to b able to play together in online player matches?? plz send me message
F1shtown215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 F1shtown215
ill let u know wat i think when i get it tomorrow when i get out of work
Likefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 Likefire
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts
This game is awesome! not game of the year but its awesome for sure.
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

COD 4 is sweet :D

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#160 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

does any1 know if there is going to be 2 players on the same console are going to b able to play together in online player matches?? plz send me messagezacattack1452

no only one person online

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts

when will there be a demo on marketplace??Always-Honest

never..... d/l the PC's demo if at all possible.. u gotta at least taste this game

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="QuickThumbs"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

No one has been able to answer me yet, so I figure I'd try here. Is the PS3 and 360 version cross compatible for online play? I.E. will PSN and Xbox Live members be able to play an integrated game? In theory the game should play the exact same on both consoles right?

Or was this nix'd right off the bat?

DarkRider23

I don't expect we will ever see this feature. It would be nice but never gonna happen! Now PC and 360 play was in Shadowrun and I imagine more games will allow that.

Funny, fundamentally I don't see an advantage of the 360 over the PS3 and vice versa, this just sounds like lazy developers here. They really need to make cross system play a staple in multiplats.

Blame Microsoft and Sony for that. It's not like the developers have a choice.

sounds like an amazing thing ... but .... WOW made it happen with Mac & Windows??!!!

-MotownTigers-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 -MotownTigers-
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
Now that COD 4 has been out for a few days now , What do you think? What do you think are the best things about it?
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Now that COD 4 has been out for a few days now , What do you think? What do you think are the best things about it?-MotownTigers-

everything

plain and simple

karatekidsam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 karatekidsam1
the game is great but the xbox live section does not work for me it says there are no players online when there blatantly are and it wont find any games!! :evil:
Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Jason_A
Member since 2006 • 2121 Posts

MP questions - just wondering if someone can tell me:

1) What games are ranked and what games are not ranked / If a friend comes over to my place and wants to play online and I don't want them ruining my ranking, what mode should they play?

2) If you use the create a match option, is this ranked or unranked (or does it depend on if you invite friends)?

3) Is there anyway to select what map you want to play on in a ranked match (e.g. maybe by hosting a game, but then is it ranked?)

4) Is there anyway to search a list of games and pick which one you want to join?

Thanks for any info.

QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 QuickThumbs
Member since 2003 • 596 Posts
I think any game you play is a ranked game. However, there is no way to ruin your rank since you can only gain EXP. You will never drop in rank for losing. In fact you still get a end round bonus even when your team loses.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]when will there be a demo on marketplace??sunnystarz

never..... d/l the PC's demo if at all possible.. u gotta at least taste this game

never??.. well, i'll buy it tomorrow then...

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

Does this game run at or near 60 FPS on the 360? If so, then that's one of the key elements in me wanting this game so badly.

Avatar image for deactivated-614fa247a87ab
deactivated-614fa247a87ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#170 deactivated-614fa247a87ab
Member since 2003 • 1858 Posts

MP questions - just wondering if someone can tell me:

1) What games are ranked and what games are not ranked / If a friend comes over to my place and wants to play online and I don't want them ruining my ranking, what mode should they play?

2) If you use the create a match option, is this ranked or unranked (or does it depend on if you invite friends)?

3) Is there anyway to select what map you want to play on in a ranked match (e.g. maybe by hosting a game, but then is it ranked?)

4) Is there anyway to search a list of games and pick which one you want to join?

Thanks for any info.

Jason_A

They're all ranked. However, it's a ranking system different from the true skills one used in the past. Even if your friend does bad on your profile, he can't lose any points for it, only gain them. You can't select the map, however, in the lobby if at least 6 people vote against that map, it will choose a new one. That's a pretty cool new feature. And there's no way to search for a list of games availabe, it will automatically put you into a lobby. You can choose what type of multiplayer game you want to play though.

davim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171 davim84
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts

i love this game .but man sucks they dont have split screen online mutliplayer

and that death cam is retarded

but great game

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
Im another one having trouble getting online, it searches for ages and nothing happens. i have to turn it off and on again and I might get one match before it louses up again. Its like halo 3 all over again, why cant these high profile games make sure they launch with enough xbl capacity (or whatever it is) when they know every 360 owner and their dog is gonna be trying to get online?!?!?
Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Jason_A

"The death cam is retarted"

What!?!?!?!? The death cam is like super cool!

Jason_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Jason_A
Does this game have 4 player off-line split screen (i.e. so that four people on the same xbox in the same room can play 4 player split screen)?
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
just a lil cool note, the same guy who did the music for the Metal Gear Solid series, Harry Gregson-Williams, did the theme for this game. idk i like his stuff.
alexandriap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 alexandriap

All I got to say is I am really enjoying this game. Never played any of the call of dutys. Safe to say that I have missed out !!

jacky-boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 jacky-boi
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

just a few questions about this game on live, i would like to know before i buy the game 8)

can you change your armour and camo?

do you rank up like on rainbow 6v, or is the ranking system the same as COD 3?

and, can you unlock stuff when ranking up?

cheers guys. :D

Tx-1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Tx-1000
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts
any one getting this "downloading game settings" then getting this you must have a net connection bla bla

how long befor the servers come back up? cas i have a net conection cas ia sing onot xbox live
GameTimppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179 GameTimppa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Awsome looking game, I must have that for christmass.
Tx-1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Tx-1000
servers are all ood now
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Always-Honest
this game is f'ing great. very immersive.. although the beginning was over too fast and too easy, around the tv station level it really starts getting immersive. i didn't start the game on veteran though... the middle option is the best i think.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
Does anybody know how to turn on the cheats in the Arcade portion of the game? I have all the intel peices and Im doing it in arcade but whenever I try to turn them on, I go to the options menu and it wont let me select the cheats option!
quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
amazing game its soo awsome but the campaign is exremely difficult on expert and even the hard difficulty i beat the game in about 10 hours in the normal campaign......
Fx20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Fx20
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
What rank do u have to be to unlock Ground wars or whatever its called in Cod 4. Its the game mode with both TDM and Demolition
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Always-Honest
the running with the left stick is weird.. can i chance that for the crouch button?..
skillet505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 skillet505
Member since 2006 • 3243 Posts
I got it the day it came out and I got it at Circuit City, so they gave me Call Of Duty 3 with it free and a poster. This game is the best of them all atm. Have any of you experienced any like freezing from playing it a lot and sometimes in multiplayer it just say's setting up game the whole time..?
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

theres something up with the servers again :(

i cant connect to any games, it says none are available

sjorsthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 sjorsthebest
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
I have the same probelm. I get 2 messeges. 1. unable to join. 2. You nmust have an active network connection to play online or systemlink matches. Anyone else with the same problem or a way to fix it.
Naruto-TR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Naruto-TR
This game is the best war game I have ever played.Sometimes,I think,''Hey man!This is not a game.İmpssible,it is like cinema film''.I completed the singleplayer,but I can't play multiplayer.My PC is very bad,so I play it with my X360, but I lived in Turkey.Because of that I can't use XBOX LIVE! :( But COD 4 is game of the year.
Red_Flag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#192 Red_Flag
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
CoD4 is defenitly going to be a nominee for game of the year. Looks like Halo 3 hos some competition.
rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts
any clans i can join i'm tired of running around unorganized in team matches
rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts

GLITCH ALERT

the 3 of a kind achievement doesnt work. u have to knife three enemies in a row

ive done that many times over, and still nothing. ive even knifed more then just three in a row, but still nothing!!!!

wtf is up with the mp? i reached lvl 15 without problem, but as soon as i get there, the game gets all weird on me. i cant join in any online games, and its starting to piss me off

REforever101
i got the achievement in the mile high mission, i think you also have to knife w/in a few seconds.
Avatar image for PittsburgJets93
PittsburgJets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 PittsburgJets93
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts
I dont get the storyline :roll: anyone care to explain, it feels like its everywhere.
geodisicdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#196 geodisicdome
Member since 2005 • 13663 Posts
good game - buy it if you get a chance. i haven't got too far through the single player because the multiplayer is too addictive.
Tx-1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Tx-1000
[QUOTE="REforever101"]

GLITCH ALERT

the 3 of a kind achievement doesnt work. u have to knife three enemies in a row

ive done that many times over, and still nothing. ive even knifed more then just three in a row, but still nothing!!!!

wtf is up with the mp? i reached lvl 15 without problem, but as soon as i get there, the game gets all weird on me. i cant join in any online games, and its starting to piss me off

rabidwolf86
i got the achievement in the mile high mission, i think you also have to knife w/in a few seconds.

I got it in the TV building,and i pretty sure the knife achievement has to be 3-4 sec's about from each other
skillet505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 skillet505
Member since 2006 • 3243 Posts

About the 3 in a row acheievement yes you have to kill someone in around 2-5 seconds in a row to get it.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#199 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

OMG i am just loving this game online (:

Sooo fun with friends :)

jacky-boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 jacky-boi
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

wow ...

this game makes halo 3 looks silly, in every way.