The Call of Duty 4 thread - All discussion here, please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is a hundred times better than Halo 3 and it gets a lower score....

BIAS!!!

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

want to trade Halo 3 LE for call of duty 4 but halo 3 have not got the art book because my little sister lost and i can not find it so can i trade it in still.

SUPERMAN212

i wouldnt. Halo 3 will last a lot longer than COD4 will. COD4 is exciting and fun now because its NEW, but Halo's MP stands the test of time

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 krp008

Call of Duty 4 is a hundred times better than Halo 3 and it gets a lower score....

BIAS!!!

ParadiseAwaits

lol its not even close TBH

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 krp008

Is the Multiplayer perks system a form of leveling up similar to the levels in Halo? In other words, are you matched with people with equal level perks or do new players have to worry about being matched with people who have played for a while already? BTW, I hate posting in these big sticky threads. Either no one responds, or the actual response is a couple pages down. Whatever.msjr78

i was a lvl 1 and had to play free for all (you are only limited to FFA and Team, lvl up to unlock more game modes) with a lvl 22 with better perks and weapons than me :(

SuperMario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SuperMario99
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
9.0!!!
sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts
9.0 is too low for COD4
blazemasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 blazemasta
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts
WOW, Cod4 is amazing.. I was thinking 9.5 at the least. Like seriously, campaign was sik and short, why take off point? It's all good though, reviews are there to help people make a decision in buying a game, but I've got Cod4 and I think I'm gonna go back to playing it. PZZZZ
armedanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 armedanddeadly
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
wow i dont understand there reviews at all. 9.0 for just having the amazing single player being a little short. thats bull sh!t. besides if you crank it up on veteran it will take much much longer to beat it deserves a 9.5... very disappointing
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

i love halo, but honestly this is the best shooter ive ever played. its just so intense. and i have to say that the level guillies in the mist, the one where u and this other guy r the snipers, i think that level is the most realistic ive ever seen in a videogame. i mean the whole game looks great, but that level looks d*mn near photorealistic

---n00b_kid---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ---n00b_kid---
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

Orange Box is a better deal in both single player and multiplayer.

Valve puts Infinity Ward to shame !

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#111 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
single player is a ton of fun. But in all honesty Id say Halos is just as good and when you throw in 4 player coop, and the fact that the story is better IMO it is anyway. THe single player isnt even up to par. especially when we compare legendary to veteran. In terms of MP forget it, there is just more in Halo. COD 4 has more maps.

Halo 3 has more variety in game options, has a very well balanced map, most reasons why people hate a specific map is because it doesnt fit thereplaying sty-le,Like Isolation rewards people who are very good with BRs(which in Halo is a must anyway) people who stink with BRs usually stink there and thus hate it. Also most of the complaining on Halo IMO is 2 things competition being very good and the melee thing is dumb(which it is, it should be first hit)

Through in Forge and Saved Films which can be addicting for those who care to mess with it Halo 3 is a superior shooter and game. IN terms of gameplay its pick your type of shooter. Do you like the army esque shooter or the more scifi, mix it up with more vehicles and shooting game.

All in all I dont think its close Halo 3 is the superior shooter.

Great game though.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

---n00b_kid---

it took valvae a hundred years to make it... but yah, it's the best value on 1 disc EVER

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Went back and completed COD 3 last night in prep for this (comes out friday here)

I forgot how much I liked COD 3 - It was awesome, dunno why I stopped playing it the first time round

Needless to say, can't weight for COD 4 now! Is a bit of a shame that the single player is quite short, but I quite like short, sharpe action packed games.

SUPERMAN212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SUPERMAN212
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
how many levels have call of duty got offline/online.i want to know because i want to buy the game
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts

---n00b_kid---
Of course. Valve took like 6 years to make Half Life 2 and it definately isn't the same experience as the first Half Life as it brings in so much that's new whereas CoD4 remains basically the same(that i've read from reviews).
nate623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116 nate623
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
I wish people would quit comparing this game to HALO. HALO dont exist now that COD4 came out Monday. and This Multiplayer is the best Ive seen since Rainbow 6 Vegas, the orange box was garbage. Also gamespots review score are based on Hype and thats all Halo didnt deserve what It got and this deserved a way higher score, so its obvious they go by Hype same as witht that orange crap box (thats something I set on fire on your front porch so you come out and stomp it and ruin your shoe)
SUPERMAN212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SUPERMAN212
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
i want call of duty4 but i dont know how many levels thre are in the game online/offline if so i want to trade halo3 for it is this the right chioce to trade in halo 3 for it.
Salvo_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 Salvo_78
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Call of Duty is great. But nothing compares to ET for Atari. That has way better graphix than COD4, Halo, Gears of War, and Big Riggs put together.

BelatedNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BelatedNoob
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts

ima happy cow lol:Pps3and360owner

Where did u get these pics from?

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts
This game kicks so much ass! I have been playing non-stop since it cam out yesterday. The Online multi-player gameplay is very good and all the perks and unlockable stuff are awesome! Oh and the graphics are phenomanel the fact that you can shoot through walls is so sweat I have killed so many people shooting through a wall or a ceiling! All I can say is this feature has been a long tme comeing in video games. Although I have not yet beat the single player campaign yet id is shaping up well and the story and the way they tell the story are very good really makes you feel like it is modern times and is going on right now. Wow this game ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF.
BelatedNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BelatedNoob
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts

This game kicks so much ass! I have been playing non-stop since it cam out yesterday. The Online multi-player gameplay is very good and all the perks and unlockable stuff are awesome! Oh and the graphics are phenomanel the fact that you can shoot through walls is so sweat I have killed so many people shooting through a wall or a ceiling! All I can say is this feature has been a long tme comeing in video games. Although I have not yet beat the single player campaign yet id is shaping up well and the story and the way they tell the story are very good really makes you feel like it is modern times and is going on right now. Wow this game ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF.Hickamie14

Someones Obsessed....xD

TyGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TyGamer360
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm still having trouble beating the The Surf Mission, where you have to get through the tv room. Everytime I trigger the enemys i end up gettin killed. Whats the best way to beat this mission? PLEASE HELP
mattllv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mattllv
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

Everybody is talking about how short the campaign is, is it as long as COD 3? If so that's long enough for me.

ILLETE 702

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

GLITCH ALERT

the 3 of a kind achievement doesnt work. u have to knife three enemies in a row

ive done that many times over, and still nothing. ive even knifed more then just three in a row, but still nothing!!!!

wtf is up with the mp? i reached lvl 15 without problem, but as soon as i get there, the game gets all weird on me. i cant join in any online games, and its starting to piss me off

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Quick queston, how do you change difficulty? Oh and whats best to start out on, CoD2 kicked my ass on veteran....is this harde r or easier?

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Quick queston, how do you change difficulty? Oh and whats best to start out on, CoD2 kicked my ass on veteran....is this harde r or easier?

senses_fail_06

harder

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 krp008

[QUOTE="Hickamie14"]This game kicks so much ass! I have been playing non-stop since it cam out yesterday. The Online multi-player gameplay is very good and all the perks and unlockable stuff are awesome! Oh and the graphics are phenomanel the fact that you can shoot through walls is so sweat I have killed so many people shooting through a wall or a ceiling! All I can say is this feature has been a long tme comeing in video games. Although I have not yet beat the single player campaign yet id is shaping up well and the story and the way they tell the story are very good really makes you feel like it is modern times and is going on right now. Wow this game ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF.BelatedNoob

Someones Obsessed....xD

its good, but it isnt that great...

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

REforever101

harder

i started off on the hard difficulty and at first its not too bad, its a good challenge but not over the top. but towards the end after u snipe that one guy in the guillies in the mist level, it gets wayyy harder, almost ridiculously hard. it like pissed me off lol

plovestown2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 plovestown2011
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

GLITCH ALERT

ive done that many times over, and still nothing. ive even knifed more then just three in a row, but still nothing!!!!

wtf is up with the mp? i reached lvl 15 without problem, but as soon as i get there, the game gets all weird on me. i cant join in any online games, and its starting to piss me off

REforever101

the same damn thing is happening to me except if happened when i reached lvl 10...

either it takes forever to find a match, or it doesnt at all...and when that happensi just take it out and put halo 3 right back in

KillerofNoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KillerofNoobs
Member since 2005 • 786 Posts
Where can I get the Cod4 rap thats at the end of the credits??
gibsonsg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gibsonsg90
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
is call of duty 4 anything like r6?
khronic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 khronic1
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
I traded Halo 3 To get CoD 4, and i dont regret it one bit....
BigHerm611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 BigHerm611
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

Anybody else having troubel playing on xbox live on this game yet? I've been having troubel since it came out yesterday! It'll search for a while and say unable to join a session and when i say it searches for a while its at least a minute or so.

Tacobandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Tacobandit
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hey does anybody know if you can take more than one person onto xbox live to play the multiplayer. I can't figure out how to do it and I even have two full live accounts on my xbox. Is is just not possible? because it was in COD 3 and 2? Need Help!
ps3and360owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ps3and360owner
Member since 2007 • 661 Posts
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketjust watch your back they will stab you lol:P
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#136 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
so much fun online with friends :)
Soothsayerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Soothsayerr
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts

I have been playing all day and night. Must..... earn..... more...... guuuuuuunssss....... :twisted:

purpleksh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 purpleksh

i did the same, and also don't regret it at all

just going to buy halo again when they decide to come out with more maps or playlists... its boring now

Vamp_Magnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Vamp_Magnet

GLITCH ALERT

REforever101

Yeah I think it has to be three enemies in a row really quickly.

On Recruit mode in the campaign I got this achievment by running up to a bunch of enemies and stabbing four of them quickly before they managed to shoot me dead.

:P

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#140 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

No one has been able to answer me yet, so I figure I'd try here. Is the PS3 and 360 version cross compatible for online play? I.E. will PSN and Xbox Live members be able to play an integrated game? In theory the game should play the exact same on both consoles right?

Or was this nix'd right off the bat?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
when will there be a demo on marketplace??
j-powwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 j-powwnd
the game is great but way way too short ........funny when the creators said it was the longest call of duty yet and thats what made me buy it i beat it on the hardest level before i even got comfortable with the gameplay great game but not worth 60 bucs for only a couple hours of game funny that the games now get so much hype cost so much money but are so much shorter i think im done buy new games for sixty bucks just wait a couple months and pay 15 to 25 bucs i think its time we stop make these game makers so rich and yet we get less and less every year you would think it would be the other way around hell you can get a original xbox for 50 bucs and longer games for like 8 bucs damn and thats how much i spent for this.............
QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 QuickThumbs
Member since 2003 • 596 Posts
the game is great but way way too short ........funny when the creators said it was the longest call of duty yet and thats what made me buy it i beat it on the hardest level before i even got comfortable with the gameplay great game but not worth 60 bucs for only a couple hours of game funny that the games now get so much hype cost so much money but are so much shorter i think im done buy new games for sixty bucks just wait a couple months and pay 15 to 25 bucs i think its time we stop make these game makers so rich and yet we get less and less every year you would think it would be the other way around hell you can get a original xbox for 50 bucs and longer games for like 8 bucs damn and thats how much i spent for this.............j-powwnd
Less and Less? I haven't beaten the single player yet but I have been pretty amazed with the quality of this game. I already sunk close to 12 hours into the multiplayer and I can't wait to get back online. I have no problem paying $60 for a game this polished. I really don't expect an FPS to have a epic 50 hour campaign. With so many games coming out I like to be able to beat a game and then have fun shooting people up online.
QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 QuickThumbs

No one has been able to answer me yet, so I figure I'd try here. Is the PS3 and 360 version cross compatible for online play? I.E. will PSN and Xbox Live members be able to play an integrated game? In theory the game should play the exact same on both consoles right?

SemiMaster
I don't expect we will ever see this feature. It would be nice but never gonna happen! Now PC and 360 play was in Shadowrun and I imagine more games will allow that.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#145 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

QuickThumbs

I don't expect we will ever see this feature. It would be nice but never gonna happen! Now PC and 360 play was in Shadowrun and I imagine more games will allow that.

Funny, fundamentally I don't see an advantage of the 360 over the PS3 and vice versa, this just sounds like lazy developers here. They really need to make cross system play a staple in multiplats.

QuickThumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 QuickThumbs
It really has nothing to do with the developers. It's more of a competition between Sony and Microsoft. They both have completely differen't online setups. (or lack of an online setup...ohhhh sorry Sony fanboys)
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
How do I do this AC 130 gunship part on veteran? The copter always snipes me from above before I can get into the barn. Can someone help?
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
[QUOTE="QuickThumbs"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

SemiMaster

Funny, fundamentally I don't see an advantage of the 360 over the PS3 and vice versa, this just sounds like lazy developers here. They really need to make cross system play a staple in multiplats.

Blame Microsoft and Sony for that. It's not like the developers have a choice.

pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts

Just a note to those who say this game has bad matchmaking:

IT DOES NOT. It can't have bad matchmaking, because it's not real matchmaking. They're not supposed to pair you up with people based on attachments, they pair you up with people who are playing, period. It might be annoying at first, but you rapidly figure out how to kill people who have better guns than you, for instance, by being mildly stealthy. Also, it's a game of skill, there are people who have all the attachments are suck at using them, so there you go.

Avatar image for PittsburgJets93
PittsburgJets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 PittsburgJets93
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts
Do I need to play the others to understand this?