sorry about dashboard update hardcore gamers

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
I'm a hardcore gamer and I like the update. Customizing Avatars can be fun and we're not paying for it or losing anything.
Matth13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Matth13
Member since 2004 • 949 Posts
I could care less about the dashboard, it doesn't effect my gameplay and it's no different than migrating from Win NT>2000>XP>Vista. About the avatars, I don't care at all. That said, my 6 year old son would like them b/c he prefers to play on my 360 than his Wii.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I love the new dashboard look. This one is getting old. Avatars are kinda ifey in my book but I'll still make one and mess around with the options. I actually can't wait for the new update.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#54 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
im a hardcore gamer and i like the new dashboard update.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
I'm just here for the newly supported VGA resolutions. I couldn't care less about anything else in the update.
OmegaHunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 OmegaHunter9
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts
I'm a hardcore gamer and I like the update. Customizing Avatars can be fun and we're not paying for it or losing anything.Jigsaw9798
Exactly, we're losing nothing, and gaining some (if nothing else) interesting new features.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
I actually love the new dashboard.
brad52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 brad52
Member since 2004 • 269 Posts
it's ugly with all that grey background. it rips off money from people who paid for gamer pics and themes, and finally the avatars are childish.
joshua6775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#59 joshua6775
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
I think the copy-cat avatar thing is a bunch of crap. I've been on XBL for over 5 yrs now dating back to my old Mechassault days and I'm seriously thinking of pulling the plug now. Combine this goofy dashboard update that I don't care for with the fact that I've had 2 RROD experiences, my HDDVD addon was obselete withing the first year and every time I log onto any live game I get a bunch of racist punk 12 yr olds whining thru every match I'd have to say I'm better off without XBL and wish I wouldve waited and bought a Blu-ray equipped game console. Insert Trollling Fanboy cracks here.
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Dear god, people really WILL complain about anything! Don't like the new features? Don't use them. While you may not care, I'm sure there are plenty of people who want this update. For God's sake, they are ADDING things, I don't see a reason to complain! And it's doubt, not dought, that annoyed me to no end...
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
I have no problem with updating our dashboard. its cleaner now. the thing i hate is the avatars. gamer pics allow you to be more expressive. the web cam allows you to put your own pic on here. it just feels silly to me to play a game with another adult and see a goofy avatar of them. also we'll have to dress them up to get them to look less goofy. if M$ allows us to use and download our own gamerpics in place of avatars then were all happy. theres nothing wrong with complaining because M$ does listen and try to comply.
DukeEdwardI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DukeEdwardI
Member since 2005 • 498 Posts

what a bunch of babies. i feel like i'm watching the forum version of my super sweet sixteen with the amount all you people are crying about this. WAAH, it's not HARDCORE enough! i dont know, i think it looks like a massive improvement. as far as the avatars go, i could seriously care less. is it going to affect my gaming experience? no. is it going to bother me so much that it'll make me want to sell my 360 and buy a PS3 (like some people have already stated)? no, not one bit.

none of the whining makes any sense to me. i thought people bought consoles for the games. instead they get worked up over something like this. i have to say, gamers have to be the biggest whiners i've EVER encounted. nothing is ever good enough for them. sure it may challenge companies to innovate and do bigger and better and whatnot, but guaranteed, when those games are released, all that is going to resound in the forums is more whining and crying. just like a small child at the checkout.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BLAS1AN

what a bunch of babies. i feel like i'm watching the forum version of my super sweet sixteen with the amount all you people are crying about this. WAAH, it's not HARDCORE enough! i dont know, i think it looks like a massive improvement. as far as the avatars go, i could seriously care less. is it going to affect my gaming experience? no. is it going to bother me so much that it'll make me want to sell my 360 and buy a PS3 (like some people have already stated)? no, not one bit.

none of the whining makes any sense to me. i thought people bought consoles for the games. instead they get worked up over something like this. i have to say, gamers have to be the biggest whiners i've EVER encounted. nothing is ever good enough for them. sure it may challenge companies to innovate and do bigger and better and whatnot, but guaranteed, when those games are released, all that is going to resound in the forums is more whining and crying. just like a small child at the checkout.

DukeEdwardI

dude..calm down...its a forum. the place where you make and share opinions. everyone has a right to make suggestions and discuss there likes and dislikes. companies listen to people. the fans cried about not being able to transfer files to the elite console and M$ granted us with a free transfer cable. replacing gamerpics that we paid for with avatars is not cool.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
[QUOTE="Hypereagle"]

im hering alot of bull crap about people who hate avatars and or the new dashboard style and i would just like to say im sorry that something like a dashboard is going to destroy your gears of war 2 and Ut3 experience

Wait dont most hardcore gamers jump to gamedisk disc anyway

if you dont want to look at it or use it than dont!!

Secondly didn't we kind of make 360 do this update

• We request hundreds of thousands of downloads(200,000)
  • we get pissed off when we have to go through 10 menus just to get the stuff we want (old dash),
  • we get ticked when we here that microsoft is getting rid of content to make more space for us,
  • we begged for a group chat session with our friends (live party)
  • and seamless transition from game to game(new Guide).
  • we asked for new social experiences on xbox live(avatars).
  • we asked for faster games (installs).
  • then we complain that the old dash kept freezing out and glitching and slow menu responses.

so are we really going to be pissed if they actually do something we've been asking for

(GROW UP, GET OVER IT< OR GET OF XBOX LIVE)

GSU28

Players aren't angry at this because they're HAAARDCORE, they are pissed because they don't want a childish dashboard which is ripped straight from the Wii.

Don't get me wrong I love my Wii, but I want a Wii and a 360. Not a Wii60. Now let me address a few of your points.

• we get pissed off when we have to go through 10 menus just to get the stuff we want (old dash),

I agree this is annoying. However, the answer to this isn't to turn the whole Xbox Live experience upside down in favor of attracting a new audience of 10 year olds and younger.

• and seamless transition from game to game(new Guide).

I don't think you understand this "feature." This will not give you the ability whislt in the middle of one game to seamlessly leap into another game. Once you select to go to another game, the system queues said game and then you have to change the disks. Yup, you have to take out your current game and put in the game you want to play. Once the disk is in you will jump "seamlessly" into your next game.

This is, how do you say? Oh yeah, pointless. Is it really sooo hard to get up, open the disk tray, and exchange disks? Actually, were you to do that you would leap into the next game anyway. Useless.

• we asked for new social experiences on xbox live(avatars).

Speak for yourself. I have yet to hear of anyone wanting a Mii on XBL. As for "new social experiences," what more do you want? Xbox Live is the best online experience you can ask for. Of course it isn't perfect and there are many improvements they can make to the dashboard and content available; yet once again the answer is not to turn the established system of blades into a cross media bar with a dancing cartoon.

There is a reason people are upset and they have every right to be. This isn't something "we've been asking for." Some wanted improvements, not to let some 8 year old give the dashboard a facelift.

Grow up? I think the "issue" here is that we are grown up. We aren't the prepubescent kids who we so often mute. Why should we get off Xbox Live? Because we actually want an experience that does not emulate the Nintendo playbook? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. And if you ask me, this is an issue of great concern. I am not going to quit XBL, but this is disappointing nontheless. Perhaps when more details come out it will not be as bad as it looks, but I won't keep my hopes up.

It's a shame to know that once Microsoft makes up their mind they just won't back down.

Well said. And I agree with everything.

I can see why people are on both ends of the spectrum, which is completely respectable. Me, I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not too impressed by the new update, but at the same time I'm not disappointed by it either, nor do I hate it. The only thing that bothers me a little, and I know people got all worked up about this, but I have to say it anyways -- the avatars. No, I'm not too HARDCORE to like childish things, it's actually a terrible generalization to assume so, however, it's essentially a virtual doll. And if there is an option not to have one, I will use that option.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

Well I know people didn't ask for half of those.

I could care less how many d/l there are.

I didn't care about the menus.

I don't care about them cleaning up the marketplace

I didn't need a transitition from game to game.

I didn't ask for a social experience.

i didn't ask for faster games.

That said, I like the update, and avatars are still a stupid idea.

II-FBIsniper-II

agreed lol

BlueRaptor7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BlueRaptor7
Member since 2004 • 282 Posts
I think that I agree with the general concensus of this entire thread. While the new 'guide' looks alright (I think MS could have made it look way more personable/unique), the avatars are an absolute disgust. Gross. I don't want them. It's like a really ugly person: you want them as far away from you as possible. And if they didn't exist, even better.

"Speak for yourself. I have yet to hear of anyone wanting a Mii on XBL. As for "new social experiences," what more do you want? Xbox Live is the best online experience you can ask for. Of course it isn't perfect and there are many improvements they can make to the dashboard and content available; yet once again the answer is not to turn the established system of blades into a cross media bar with a dancing cartoon. There is a reason people are upset and they have every right to be. This isn't something "we've been asking for." Some wanted improvements, not to let some 8 year old give the dashboard a facelift. Grow up? I think the "issue" here is that we are grown up. We aren't the prepubescent kids who we so often mute. Why should we get off Xbox Live? Because we actually want an experience that does not emulate the Nintendo playbook? That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. And if you ask me, this is an issue of great concern. I am not going to quit XBL, but this is disappointing nontheless."

Well said. ^^ If we had avatars, I would want them as realistic as possible (say, Unreal engine?), with hundreds of thousands of customizable options - something I would look forward to doing for a few hours. The current avatars seem like they have been rushed, and that everyone is pretty much gonna look like everyone else. Just the news of the avatars, and seeing what they are going to give to us, has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Possibility of making my avatar resemble an otherworldly me, or making it B.A. : zero.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts

Only part of the update I dont care for is the avatars.Matt-4542

Same here, its cause microsoft is trying to compete with wii in casual gamers, (sigh). I would have rather them drop the price of live than this.

wildcat37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 wildcat37
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
i don't mind most of the updates, the only one i disslike is the avatar
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BLAS1AN

"it's essentially a virtual doll. And if there is an option not to have one, I will use that option."

LOL!!

amen. and if they charge us to dress our virtual dolls and not keep our gamerpics i will be outraged.:P

DukeEdwardI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DukeEdwardI
Member since 2005 • 498 Posts
[QUOTE="DukeEdwardI"]

BLAS1AN

dude..calm down...its a forum. the place where you make and share opinions. everyone has a right to make suggestions and discuss there likes and dislikes. companies listen to people. the fans cried about not being able to transfer files to the elite console and M$ granted us with a free transfer cable. replacing gamerpics that we paid for with avatars is not cool.

gamerpics aren't going to be replaced. watch the fall update interview in the e3 live section and major nelson said those aren't going to be done away with. and i didnt say you couldn't share your opinions. of course i respect and encourage people to share opinions i just wish it was in a much less whiny tone and without calling everything annouched "the worst idea ever."

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
I'm still confused: You're getting things for free, and there are people complaining? What's wrong with that? You don't have to use avatars, so don't. You get the option of faster games, a streamlined party system and free avatars? Someone, anyone, tell me what is wrong with gaining something and losing nothing, and for free I might add?
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts
i really could care less about the avatars and stuff like that. why complain over additional content? the only thing im worried about is installing discs. Is that going to take up a lot of memory? and if it does do you have to install it? can someone please help.
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#74 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts
i am all for the update. the new menu system looks very appealing and somewhat futuristic especially in comparison to what we have now. i dont care about marketplace because all i download is the occasional free demo, but ill subscribe to netflix if it really is only $5 a month for free streaming off xbl. the avatars, while childish, wont be so bad if they make them very customizeable. They really need to go all out. For example, my gamertag has tyler durden's name in it, from fight club for those of you poor people who havent seen the movie, and so i think it would be awesome if i could throw some sweet big square pink shades on my avatar with a red leather flare jacket and a hawaiin shirt underneath with some sweatpants on just like brad pitt wears in the movie, now that would be cool. So, if they can do interesting things and have plenty of custimizeable options for the avatars itll be interesting. plus the new party system is the best thing ever.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I'm still confused: You're getting things for free, and there are people complaining? What's wrong with that? You don't have to use avatars, so don't. You get the option of faster games, a streamlined party system and free avatars? Someone, anyone, tell me what is wrong with gaining something and losing nothing, and for free I might add?karriston

Lol, but it's not free. We're paying $50+ a year for this service.

You mentioned faster games. I'm assuming this is in relation to the hard drive installs, which will take up a lot of memory on our limited 20gb hard drives. And boy, I can't wait to move to Call of Duty 4 to Halo 3 with a bunch of friends. Oh wait, that's rarely a thing I would even do. But after a good gaming session I like to wind down and watch some Clockwork Orange with friends on Netflix. Well too bad! You all need a Netflix account to do this and I'm Canadian so we already get screwed. Avatars you say? Don't use them? Has there even been any confirmation that we can turn these things off? If so, then I apologize in advance.

What I personally gain from this update? Avatars I don't even like and features I will rarely use.

What do I lose from this update? The aesthetic appeal of the old dashboard and a soon to be obsolete hard drive.

Avatar image for lukasz_erecinsk
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 lukasz_erecinsk
Member since 2004 • 1235 Posts

[QUOTE="karriston"]I'm still confused: You're getting things for free, and there are people complaining? What's wrong with that? You don't have to use avatars, so don't. You get the option of faster games, a streamlined party system and free avatars? Someone, anyone, tell me what is wrong with gaining something and losing nothing, and for free I might add?Lanezy

Lol, but it's not free. We're paying $50+ a year for this service.

You mentioned faster games. I'm assuming this is in relation to the hard drive installs, which will take up a lot of memory on our limited 20gb hard drives. And boy, I can't wait to move to Call of Duty 4 to Halo 3 with a bunch of friends. Oh wait, that's rarely a thing I would even do. But after a good gaming session I like to wind down and watch some Clockwork Orange with friends on Netflix. Well too bad! You all need a Netflix account to do this and I'm Canadian so we already get screwed. Avatars you say? Don't use them? Has there even been any confirmation that we can turn these things off? If so, then I apologize in advance.

What I personally gain from this update? Avatars I don't even like and features I will rarely use.

What do I lose from this update? The aesthetic appeal of the old dashboard and a soon to be obsolete hard drive.

I wouldn't be able to phrase it better myself. The new dashboard looks like a parody of vista-meets-osx ( I am referring to the reflections on the virtual surfaces) meet-Wi-Avantar system ( Who want's to dress up their dolly ??). Why, in God's name, is MS turning to the casual gamers as if they would be the casual audience ?? I thought that the WIi was intended for the that target group ... not the xbox ...
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
all iwant are faster game installs
Hypereagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Hypereagle
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

it's ugly with all that grey background. it rips off money from people who paid for gamer pics and themes, and finally the avatars are childish.brad52
read some info man

Hypereagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Hypereagle
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

PLEASE READ

• Avatars will not replace Gamerpics and Microsoft will continue to sell them
  • However Avatars will be required in live party (if You don't make one there will be a default avatar)
  • Themes will still work on the new dashboard and Microsoft will still keep making new themes,
  • also Microsoft has stated that they are working on new ways to edit your dashboard like different colors (to replace the Default Gray color) and ability to move items around on My Xbox

sorry for large font figured this time people might actually read it first

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Don't know why almost every 360 user hate the new dashboard, it looks amazing for me, it has a lot of eye-candy :)apsbox

Its plain and simple...People like to **** about everything.

BlueRaptor7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BlueRaptor7
Member since 2004 • 282 Posts
I just feel as if that if we are paying for the service, we have a right to voice our opinions. Simple as that. ^.^
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I just feel as if that if we are paying for the service, we have a right to voice our opinions. Simple as that. ^.^BlueRaptor7

Well said.