Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheJudasUK
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I don't know if this has been asked before but something is really bothering me about this game:

Whenever I am wrestling with my created character, I am either getting my ass kicked or trying to wrestle and constantly being reversed by the AI character. Anyway, I get knocked down and it says on the screen 'Press Any Button Repeatedly' to get up, yet I press every single button on the controller at warp speed and I get absolutely no result.

Is there any particcular button I have to press or any particular combination of buttons I have to press?

Because right now, I'm playing this game and I am screaming at my screen and hitting my controller with my fist because I cannot stop the AI character from putting move after move on me and I was wondering if there was a way out of it OR if this is a fault on the part of THQ (creators of the game.

Thanks

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

Maybe your wrestler doesn't have good stats yet. That's the only thing I could think of, I don't own this game, but I've played all of the smackdowns before. I think you need to build up your superstar.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheJudasUK

But you can't do anything until you win. See, if you win matches THEN you can build up your stats because your player gets money from winning the matches.

If you're not winning matches then you're not going to be able to build up your stats ------> If you don't build up your stats, you don't win matches. It's a circular thing.

e1even20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 e1even20
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Never played the game, and can't help, but totally understand where you're coming from. I hate being frustrated with games.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RMANPOWER

I know that, but what are your stats right now? Did you just make him? Why don't you try putting it on easy. I heard the AI is alot harder now.

I played this game not to long ago and I beat the AI like nothing, but some how I lost the cage match.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheJudasUK
It's on easy. Stats as follows: Strength 3/9 (cannot change) Submission 3/10 (cannot change) Durability 3/10 (cannot change) Technique 3/9.5 (cannot change) Speed 3/7.5 (cannot change) Charisma 3/10 (cannot change) Hardcore 3/10 (cannot change) Stamina 3/8 (cannot change) Basically, i can't change the stats either so now I'm just stuck. How am I supposed to win matches if I can't change my stats?
Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts
The stats on your wrestler suck at the start..matches can often be quite difficult at this point. Try turning the difficulty down in the settings. Other than that..just keep mashing the buttons repeatedly whilst on the ground to get your wrestler back up. Also try reversing by hitting the right trigger at the right moment when the computer tries doing a move on you. (This also works when your wrestler is on the ground)

Good luck!

Spike
TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheJudasUK
Erm... none of this works, Spike. The difficult settings make no difference and mashing my buttons just damages my controller and (according to another site), mashing your buttons makes no difference in the time it takes for your character to return to normal position anyway. Also, reversing the moves doesn't work either because the AI characters are too fast and it's impossible to tell what they're going to do next.
Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts
Hmm..tapping buttons repeatedly always eventually worked for me. As far as reversing moves goes, when the computer character is near you, just start tapping the right trigger as fast as possible..that will often get a reversal off which makes your wrestler stand straight back up.
I can't really think what else you can do. I've never really had too much trouble with it.
Good luck.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RMANPOWER

If you wanna win, I used to take it outside and fight until the time is about to finish (8 mark)

Irish whip him, then give him like a drop kick or whatever is the strongest move you have. Run back in the ring. Try that. Button pressing is just messin' it up, I used to do it alot...but I don't see nothing different.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheJudasUK
A quote from a different website: "the recovery time is far too slow even if you only take a fairly weak hit and you can be grounded helplessly for a couple of minutes whilst you take a pounding. With the new analog control system the game claims ‘you can leave button-bashing to your sister’ but all you can do when you’re down is to follow the on-screen advice: Tap Any Button Repeatedly. That’s about it, unless you get very lucky with a reversal (that’s even less likely when you’re on the floor), that’s all you can do while your opponent becomes the cat and you are the dying mouse. It’s great if you’re winning, but if you’re down you’ll be screaming at the screen for the dazed wreck of an ex-man to get his finely-tuned but useless butt off the floor." So this is a KNOWN problem within the game itself that nobody can rectify?
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RMANPOWER
Tru Dat!!
TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheJudasUK
Ok, so now I know that nothing can be done to fix this glitch, can somebody tell me how to make my stats better?
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RMANPOWER
why don't you do the outside ring thing.
TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheJudasUK
It kind of takes the fun out of the game.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RMANPOWER

It might take the fun out of the game, but it will help you get the stats. When you get a good amount of points to build up your superstar, then don't do it anymore.

Sometimes you have to do a different thing to gain what you want. Keep on getting beat up on the game and don't get nothing or waste time outside and gain points.

tbolt_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 tbolt_88
Member since 2003 • 1873 Posts
What kind of superstar did you create? I had no real problem with the game on easy with a created superstar. I also think that you can earn experience points for your superstar if you use them in GM mode but im not 100% sure on that one.
TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheJudasUK
I think you get a lot more experience poits if you beat the AI characters the hard way as opposed to getting them counted out.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Ok, so now I know that nothing can be done to fix this glitch, can somebody tell me how to make my stats better?TheJudasUK

I wouldn't say it is a glitch. It is just how the game goes. I haven't created a character yet but is everything ok when you are playing as a wwe character? I don't think the mashing has any difference anyway because sometimes i can be down for ages and mashing does nothing. Are you good with the other characters? It may just be a case of what you are doing and you might just have to think about stuff a little more e.g. what moves to pull off, where and when. I will try and create my own character at some point and see what its like for myself.

DJCaccy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 DJCaccy
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

From what I remember your experience points depend on the difficulty of your opponents AI. The higher it is, the more exp. Also, you get a smaller amount of points just for competing in a match, even if you do lose. Although if you bump the AI down to easy I can't see how its possible to have issues beating them, because its almost painfully easy at that point.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RMANPOWER

I think you get a lot more experience poits if you beat the AI characters the hard way as opposed to getting them counted out.TheJudasUK

I don't think you get more points on fighting them. You get money when you win the match.

Telling you bro, I think you should made your guy have stronger attacks or could take damage alot. It's kinda too late for that, but seriously....do the outside ring thing and you'll see a change.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheJudasUK

From what I remember your experience points depend on the difficulty of your opponents AI. The higher it is, the more exp. Also, you get a smaller amount of points just for competing in a match, even if you do lose. Although if you bump the AI down to easy I can't see how its possible to have issues beating them, because its almost painfully easy at that point.

DJCaccy
Ok, so after you gain experience points, how do you apply them in season mode?
DJCaccy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 DJCaccy
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
Go to the locker room, and there's a gym section near the costume selecting wardbrobe type thing. Go to the weight machine or treadmill (or whatever it is) and it will say customize attributes, then do it there.
TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheJudasUK
Go to the locker room, and there's a gym section near the costume selecting wardbrobe type thing. Go to the weight machine or treadmill (or whatever it is) and it will say customize attributes, then do it there.DJCaccy
That doesn't work. As I said, my stats are as follows: Strength 3/9 Submission 3/10 Durability 3/10 Technique 3/9.5 Speed 3/7.5 Charisma 3/10 Hardcore 3/10 Stamina 3/8 Ok, I go into 'Customize Attributes', I see my created character's name, I press A, the first one that comes up is STRENGTH so I press A again, what then?
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RMANPOWER

Move the joy stick left or right to change it. I'm guessing this is the part.

Go over the one you want to change, then hit A *like you said* You have the choice of making his power stronger or lower.

TheJudasUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheJudasUK

Go over the one you want to change, then hit A *like you said* You have the choice of making his power stronger or lower.

RMANPOWER
That's the obvious thing so I tried it. Doesn't work.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]

TheJudasUK

That's the obvious thing so I tried it. Doesn't work.

Just took a shot some people are slow like that, but maybe you can't change it right now. I dunno, it's kinda weird cause half of the time you could change it whenever you want. Try restarting it, then go back. If not, why don't you go to on the main screen and go to the locker room. Maybe you could do it that way.