Sequels that failed...

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

klasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 klasco
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
What about Pac-Man 3D?
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

I would say the two most epic fails in hisotry are Devil May Cry 2, and Tiberium Sun.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Yeah, I'm calling it.....Fable 2!!!legendaryryanj

yeh that game sucked, even though no one has played it yet :|

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#54 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
StarWars Battlefront 2.DarkDemon91
What???
Xtix123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Xtix123
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

Call of Duty 3

nate_c-12

I'm not trying to be Bias on your opinion but Actually COD 3 (which was underrated) was a way better game then COD 4 (which was Overrated) because that game lasted me only 10 months to get bored while COD 4 took me only 1 month to be bored and please don't be Bias on my opinion you COD 4 and Infinity ward fanboys. COD 4 got boring because COD 4 didn't have that epic feeling in COD 3 for some reason and no guys don't even say the freaking multiplayer since It got boring in a month and I'm already in rank 55 in the game and now it sucks, well atlease COD 3 multiplayer was better and fun then COD 4 multiplayer for a reason. Also I know people are going to disagree with me like so maniac but who cares there noobs anyway but lets talk about the Single player for a sec. COD 4 has a really great single player experience and it was the most fun i ever played but problem is is it long? Hell no because it took me 6 1/2 hours to beat the whole game in the whole day and it was so freaking easy (hell even on veteran it was easy) and it has no replay value in the Single player experience since it was easy and has a cr@ppystory for a COD game since it feel more like a Tom Clancy game in the game. COD 3 single player was actually fun and it has more emotional in the characters then COD 4 which that game did also but COD 3 you think it's like a Cinematic war movie and that's entertaining in my opinion since it has a glorious storyline in a COD game but also it was the hardest COD game in the whole series no matter what anyone said but play it on Veteran and tell me if it's more harder then COD 4's Veteran.

Also COD 3 has vehicles while COD 4 has no vehicles at all. Oh one more thing the Community, COD 4 has the worst community ever in a game since i get call the N word alot and get Curse for no reason since i never talk at all, Why? Anyway COD 3's community is really respectful and very please stuff to said on the mic rather then curse at it all day. Anyway that's my opinion and please ya DON'T BE IN A FREAKING ARGUMENT ON MY COMMENT OK. Thank you.

hiroyukiwu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 hiroyukiwu
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

every james bond after Goldeneye, every Halo after the 1st one...........sixgears2

bamg on! golendeye set the standard SO high these other bond games just cannot compare, next gen or not

The_360_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 The_360_Ghost
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
DMC 2... but DMC 3 was good enough for both of them
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

every james bond after Goldeneye, every Halo after the 1st one...........sixgears2

i agree, all the games after that were just never the same.

it's a shame really

aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 aceofspades187
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
Mercs 2....... Rainbow Vegas 2 ( for some reason it didn't seem that fun ) but i have a feeling Saints row 2 is going to suck now from watch some of the leak videos
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#60 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

Dragon Ball Z Burst LimitThe-Shogun

Sequel to what exactly?

You're saying it's the first Dragon Ball Z game?

It may not be a direct sequel to any of the Dragon Ball games, but it's fighting system is a modified version of the Budokai 3 engine, s oyou could go as far as to say it's a sequel to the Budokai series.

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Dynasty warriors 6 oh wait that was all of them.
thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Shogun"][QUOTE="thebaronmoo"]

this is getting really big!

metroid5

Moar.

Just Addin to it :D

FRIED CHEESE DOODLEs ON A STICK!

wait is that possible? how bout FRIED TWINKIES ON A STICK!

i've seen it. tried it. not that good. :(

kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Fuzion Frenzy2, GRAW2, COD3, and Quake 4Almighty-mints
graw 2 was good
Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="pagnozzi"]

Although this game should be in the General Games discussion - most of the games I'm going to mention are sequels that came out on Xbox 360 that didn't, or won't be as good as their prequel.

In my opinion, Perfect Dark for 360 WAS TERRIBLE. I remember the original Perfect Dark and I spent COUNTLESS number of hours playing that game. So when I seen Perfect Dark Zero was coming for the 360 I was so excited, until I played it...

I really hope the new Duke Nukem and Golden Axe game are great. I remember playing Time to Kill over and over again for my PS1, as well as Golden Axe on Super NES. I hope the sequels are just as good!

What sequels, in your opinion, failed or disappointed you?

OMFG golden axe was a PILE!
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#65 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Please stop bumping multi month old topics. Please.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
[QUOTE="nethernova"]

Knights of the Old Republic 2

I absolutely loved the first one but I just couldn't get into the sequel. The story sucked.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!!! That is a Xbox game not 360! And any way i think KOTOR II was amazing compared to KOTOR 1 all i want is KOTOR III not some stupid MMO for the PC!
Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts

Perfect Dark 0 is ok...it just shows how Rare wasnt able to keep up with the times...that game feels like it should have come out in 2001...I played alot of it because imo it was the best launch title for the 360, but when GRAW and Oblivion came out I stopped playing it altogether and havent touched it since...like cmon you can see your bullets fly from ur gun....it just feels uber outdated.

[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

I actually found it really really easy, halo 3 holding your hand? Up the difficulty. I just thought it was poorly designed, boring level design. Boring weapongs

mitu123

Well then, you are one of the first ive seen thinking perfect dark zero to be easy :)

And bad level design? You like linear games? :)

I liked the level design in perfect dark zero, gave it a sort of hitman gameplay, where you could approach each mission in many different ways.

But we are just down to a different view on the games, opinions. I loved the weapons in perfect dark zero. They felt awesome to shoot in my mind, and they looked like you could almost reach out and touch em.

You can only approach the levels differently on different difficulties mainly due to the gadgets, and battleroyalex, read my previous post to see a video of how to do headshots effectively, there is a way to do it, you can't even beat Dark Agent without doing them.

Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts
GRAW 2 dissapointed the hell out of me...as did Vegas 2, but Dues Ex 2 broke my heart becuase I had such high hopes
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#69 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Perfect Dark 0 is ok...it just shows how Rare wasnt able to keep up with the times...that game feels like it should have come out in 2001...I played alot of it because imo it was the best launch title for the 360, but when GRAW and Oblivion came out I stopped playing it altogether and havent touched it since...like cmon you can see your bullets fly from ur gun....it just feels uber outdated.

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

Well then, you are one of the first ive seen thinking perfect dark zero to be easy :)

And bad level design? You like linear games? :)

I liked the level design in perfect dark zero, gave it a sort of hitman gameplay, where you could approach each mission in many different ways.

But we are just down to a different view on the games, opinions. I loved the weapons in perfect dark zero. They felt awesome to shoot in my mind, and they looked like you could almost reach out and touch em.

Solid_Snake56
You can only approach the levels differently on different difficulties mainly due to the gadgets, and battleroyalex, read my previous post to see a video of how to do headshots effectively, there is a way to do it, you can't even beat Dark Agent without doing them.

What?
Pvt_KIDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 Pvt_KIDO
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
Splinter Cell Double Agent-worst Splinter Cell ever!
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

IMO pdz and halo 3 were very disapointing sequels.

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts
quake 4
DanjuroPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DanjuroPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You got my approval for CoD4. It's a great FPS for me, especially the multiplayer experience
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Deus Ex 2RyaHyabusa

Indeed. And perhaps its twin disappointment Thief Deadly Shadows, although probably a little less of a failure.