Sequels that failed...

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pagnozzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 pagnozzi
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts

Although this game should be in the General Games discussion - most of the games I'm going to mention are sequels that came out on Xbox 360 that didn't, or won't be as good as their prequel.

In my opinion, Perfect Dark for 360 WAS TERRIBLE. I remember the original Perfect Dark and I spent COUNTLESS number of hours playing that game. So when I seen Perfect Dark Zero was coming for the 360 I was so excited, until I played it...

I really hope the new Duke Nukem and Golden Axe game are great. I remember playing Time to Kill over and over again for my PS1, as well as Golden Axe on Super NES. I hope the sequels are just as good!

What sequels, in your opinion, failed or disappointed you?

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

Hmm good question. There have been some sequels that have disappointed me, but I don't consider those games failures by any means. For example, Silent Hill the Room was a let down and wasn't as good as SH3; However, it was still a decent game. I also thought Virtua Tennis 2 and 3 were not as good as the original on the dreamcast. The PS2/PS3 had more disappointing sequels than the xbox 360 (Tekken 4, Final Fantasy X-2, Star Ocean: till the end of time, Chrono Cross, Fighting Force 2).

Of what I've played, the only game for the 360 I played that was a complete failure was Fuzion Frenzy 2. That was definitely no where near as good as the original for the xbox. It wasn't even fun to play.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Although this game should be in the General Games discussion - most of the games I'm going to mention are sequels that came out on Xbox 360 that didn't, or won't be as good as their prequel.

In my opinion, Perfect Dark for 360 WAS TERRIBLE. I remember the original Perfect Dark and I spent COUNTLESS number of hours playing that game. So when I seen Perfect Dark Zero was coming for the 360 I was so excited, until I played it...

I really hope the new Duke Nukem and Golden Axe game are great. I remember playing Time to Kill over and over again for my PS1, as well as Golden Axe on Super NES. I hope the sequels are just as good!

What sequels, in your opinion, failed or disappointed you?

pagnozzi

I would say Perfect Dark Zero is terrible compared to the masterpiece that was the N64 Perfect Dark, but I found the game to be ok if it weren't compared to the N64 one IMO, what's wrong with it?

The worst sequel on the 360 was Fuzion Frenzy 2 for me, those minigames are so BORING and tedious that it was hard for me to play most of them, felt like a huge waste of time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts
Fuzion Frenzy2, GRAW2, COD3, and Quake 4
stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 stappy
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts
Call of Duty 4 was good, but it wasn't true to the Call of Duty spirit.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
halo 3
killB_O_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killB_O_T
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Call of Duty 4 was good, but it wasn't true to the Call of Duty spirit.stappy

What the spirit of being a mediocre war game, call of duty 4 was a great FPS and i believe it enhanced the series

battleroyalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 battleroyalex
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

I am unsure how people enjoy perfect dark zero. The game is so bad I threw it out one day while cleaning my room because a sequeal like that didn't even belong in my game library. Not only does it not live up to the sequeal I think its just a bad game overall and am confused how it got a score higher than a 4.

Even the coop feature and 4 player splitscreen didnt save it. You can seriously unload 2 clips of pistol ammo to someones face and they will just roll away.

battleroyalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 battleroyalex

Call of Duty 4 was good, but it wasn't true to the Call of Duty spirit.stappy

As a huge huge fan of COD1 and 2 (played them on pc constantly) I disagree, cod4 IS the BEST of the series.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mitu123

I am unsure how people enjoy perfect dark zero. The game is so bad I threw it out one day while cleaning my room because a sequeal like that didn't even belong in my game library. Not only does it not live up to the sequeal I think its just a bad game overall and am confused how it got a score higher than a 4.

Even the coop feature and 4 player splitscreen didnt save it. You can seriously unload 2 clips of pistol ammo to someones face and they will just roll away.

battleroyalex
2 clips of pistol ammo into the head, unless it's the Facon, usually it takes 8-9 bullets, I know this because I'm good at the game.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Knights of the Old Republic 2

I absolutely loved the first one but I just couldn't get into the sequel. The story sucked.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mitu123

I meant to say Falcon, and here are tips to do headshots, watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD1tOBLthnw

RyaHyabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RyaHyabusa
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Deus Ex 2
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
tua

battleroyalex

No reason to be unsure, its called opinions.

Personally i enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero a lot. Great shooter that ive replayed quite a lot on the 360.

I can see many people turned off that game because of the difficulty, but i really like that. The game didnt hold your hand like halo3 or most other shooters these days.

Plus, up the difficulty and you get more new fresh objectives. How many shooters have that nowadays. Not to mention it has some of the best created virtual guns in a game yet.

battleroyalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 battleroyalex
tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mimic-Denmark

Personally i enjoyed Perfect Dark Zero a lot. Great shooter that ive replayed quite a lot on the 360.

I can see many people turned off that game because of the difficulty, but i really like that. The game didnt hold your hand like halo3 or most other shooters these days.

Plus, up the difficulty and you get more new fresh objectives. How many shooters have that nowadays. Not to mention it has some of the best created virtual guns in a game yet.

I actually found it really really easy, halo 3 holding your hand? Up the difficulty. I just thought it was poorly designed, boring level design. Boring weapongs

TROUTKILLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TROUTKILLA
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
Rainbow6 vegas 2 sucked balls as a sequel they could of just put it as DLC thats how similar the games were
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

battleroyalex

I actually found it really really easy, halo 3 holding your hand? Up the difficulty. I just thought it was poorly designed, boring level design. Boring weapongs

Well then, you are one of the first ive seen thinking perfect dark zero to be easy :)

And bad level design? You like linear games? :)

I liked the level design in perfect dark zero, gave it a sort of hitman gameplay, where you could approach each mission in many different ways.

But we are just down to a different view on the games, opinions. I loved the weapons in perfect dark zero. They felt awesome to shoot in my mind, and they looked like you could almost reach out and touch em.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mitu123
[QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mimic-Denmark

Well then, you are one of the first ive seen thinking perfect dark zero to be easy :)

I liked the level design in perfect dark zero, gave it a sort of hitman gameplay, where you could approach each mission in many different ways.

But we are just down to a different view on the games, opinions. I loved the weapons in perfect dark zero. They felt awesome to shoot in my mind, and they looked like you could almost reach out and touch em.

You can only approach the levels differently on different difficulties mainly due to the gadgets, and battleroyalex, read my previous post to see a video of how to do headshots effectively, there is a way to do it, you can't even beat Dark Agent without doing them.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mitu123

You can only approach the levels differently on different difficulties mainly due to the gadgets, and battleroyalex, read my previous post to see a video of how to do headshots effectively, there is a way to do it, you can't even beat Dark Agent without doing them.

I know, i have played the game ;)

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
every james bond after Goldeneye, every Halo after the 1st one...........
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mimic-Denmark

Yeah, I know that, and how is this game easy when it takes numerous shots to bring someone down, maybe because the a.i. isn't that good?
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mitu123

Yeah, I know that, and how is this game easy when it takes numerous shots to bring someone down, maybe because the a.i. isn't that good?

let's see how big we can make this wall

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mimic-Denmark
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mitu123

Most enemies in the game are wearing body armor, and its not realism the game goes for, so no need to get angry for it not being realistic.

It can be tough to get the enemies down if you dont hit em in the head, but with quick headshots they go down with one shot, and i find that very satisfying and fun.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mitu123
Yeah, I agree as well, overall, it's a good game, but the N64 Perfect Dark was better IMO.
thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

mimic-Denmark

Most enemies in the game are wearing body armor, and its not realism the game goes for, so no need to get angry for it not being realistic.

It can be tough to get the enemies down if you dont hit em in the head, but with quick headshots they go down with one shot, and i find that very satisfying and fun.

this is getting really big!

The-Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The-Shogun
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

thebaronmoo

Moar.

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts

every james bond after Goldeneye, every Halo after the 1st one...........sixgears2

Everything or Nothing was pretty good and Nightfire was cool..

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mitu123

[QUOTE="sixgears2"]every james bond after Goldeneye, every Halo after the 1st one...........RKO510

Everything or Nothing was pretty good and Nightfire was cool..

Yeah, Everything or Nothing was awesome, I wonder if he even played it, I think it's underrated.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Well, considering this is the 360, I'll just go over bad 360 sequels.

Sonic the Hedgehog(06), Beautiful Katamari, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, Call of Duty 4(it may be fun, but CoD1,2 and UO were al MUCH better), Unreal Tournament 3, Lumines Live

The-Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The-Shogun
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limitvashkey

Sequel to what exactly?

metroid5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metroid5
Member since 2004 • 950 Posts
[QUOTE="thebaronmoo"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"][QUOTE="battleroyalex"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]tua[QUOTE="battleroyalex"]

The-Shogun

Moar.

Just Addin to it :D

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts

Well, considering this is the 360, I'll just go over bad 360 sequels.

Sonic the Hedgehog(06), Beautiful Katamari, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, Call of Duty 4(it may be fun, but CoD1,2 and UO were al MUCH better), Unreal Tournament 3, Lumines Live

vashkey

I agrre with you about cod.. just wanted to say that 'cause I think that some other ppl wont see eye to eye on this one..;)

soulja_gam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 soulja_gam3r
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
halo 3 8732_YoungJeezy
????
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#36 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Never played the first Mercs, but Mercs 2 was a big failure.
legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
Yeah, I'm calling it.....Fable 2!!!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mitu123
Never played the first Mercs, but Mercs 2 was a big failure.mrgab
The 1st Mercs was great, trust me.
TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic II) This game epic failed! Sorry for my language. Technical bugs a plenty, slow down issues, and a down right confusing (and dumb) story let me down so badly.

That'll teach me to not buy sequels to games that are amazing.

TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

Yeah, I'm calling it.....Fable 2!!!legendaryryanj

Won't fail, just won't live up to hype is my prediction... yet, I would like my prediction to fail because Fable has potential.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
FF X-2, COD WOW
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Something about it was just shallow.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#45 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

Knights of the Old Republic 2

I absolutely loved the first one but I just couldn't get into the sequel. The story sucked.

nethernova

agreed. :D

DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
StarWars Battlefront 2.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

Call of Duty 3

Avatar image for Master_Chief566
Master_Chief566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Master_Chief566
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts

KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic II) This game epic failed! Sorry for my language. Technical bugs a plenty, slow down issues, and a down right confusing (and dumb) story let me down so badly.

That'll teach me to not buy sequels to games that are amazing.

TheDanwich

The story sucked because lucasarts rushed obsidian to release it before it was finished. which also means that they did not have time to fix the bugs and glitches.

Master_Chief566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Master_Chief566
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts

StarWars Battlefront 2.DarkDemon91

This is blasphemy! this is maddness!!!1