Save your money - Homefront is Lame

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ehacala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ehacala
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts
I just finished it and the game was a very generous 5 hours ( I mean generous) and it was terrible. Graphics felt like gen 1 xbox 360 at best and the story was nothing special at all. I was so excited for this game and now I am just disappointed. I can't believe I wasted my money. I hope the Multi at least is half decent when people are on the servers. Save your money.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts
I just finished it and the game was a very generous 5 hours ( I mean generous) and it was terrible. Graphics felt like gen 1 xbox 360 at best and the story was nothing special at all. I was so excited for this game and now I am just disappointed. I can't believe I wasted my money. I hope the Multi at least is half decent when people are on the servers. Save your money. ehacala
I'm sure that's not 100% true, but even if it is close, I can't say I expected anything to the contrary.
ehacala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ehacala
It is very accurate. I am sad to pass this information on as this was one game I was very excited for. I hope Multi saves my money.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
This seems to be true. I know a bunch of people who got early copy and they all say the game has about 5 hours of story.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I was planning on buying this for the SP because it looked interesting, but a few days ago I heard about the 5hour SP and now the game is dead to me. MP looks very, very average.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

It didn't look special anyway. Oh well, bargin bin it is.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

is the story at least Good?

If it's anything like Call of Duty I don't think it would be that bad.

netswisha16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 netswisha16
Member since 2006 • 540 Posts

For the life of me I cant see how anyone could get suckered into buying this game. It looked like crap from the get go

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Ouch. I dont understand the meeting where all game developers decided that a 5 hour long campaign would be the new standard for gaming. I was hoping for this game to at least be a decent length. Multiplayer on the other hand looks to me like: "Oh, another Console online FPS"

Well at least I can save my money on something like...Gobstoppers, or Motor Oil. Maybe some q-tips and a pack of Oscar Meyer Bologna.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
they're probably hoping the multi will save it like cod, but they don't have cod's track record and installed fanbase
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

For the life of me I cant see how anyone could get suckered into buying this game. It looked like crap from the get go

netswisha16
I enjoyed the hell out of Frontlines, same dev so I'm on it.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
they're probably hoping the multi will save it like cod, but they don't have cod's track record and installed fanbaseAJC3317
lol I doubt anyone thought as much. The problem is publishers are afraid to release a FPS without multiplayer these days, the general idea seems to be that people will pass on a game because it doesn't have MP. Now while I'm sure there are few facepalm worthy people out there, who will say they wont buy a game because it lacks MP, even though they had no intention to stop playing Halo and play said games MP. I don't think its enough to justify the fear, that a MP-less game is being sent to die. Personally I would have liked to see this game take the Bioshock approach, focus solely on a single player experience. It didn't sell that well, but I give THQ credit for supporting a game like Metro 2033.
wretch0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wretch0101
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts
Most games have 5 hour SP why should this one be different? Most people are buying it for the multiplayer anyway just like with the Call of duty games
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
I just saw the trailers and I knew right away this wasn't for me, or anyone for that matter
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

netswisha16
Yeah, this is a good example of a mediocre FPS shooter. It's just an FPS that can't compete with the others.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I have a buddy who just finished the game today. He said pretty much the same thing.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

netswisha16

Watched a few videos on youtube, have to say it's probably as bad as Haze.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Does North Korea succeed in annexing the US?
cilloeklipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cilloeklipse
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
i didn't ever thought of getting it, seems way too generic.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Most games have 5 hour SP why should this one be different? Most people are buying it for the multiplayer anyway just like with the Call of duty gameswretch0101
Ahh, the level 1 with the voice of reason. If this was COD MW3 you'd all be stoked to hear it had a five hour story. But no, a game is different therefore it sucks. My gosh. This is why activision gets away with 3 maps for $15. They have no competition cause gamers ignore everythin that doesn't have COD on the box. I can't believe people are saying this game is generic when it clearly is different than whats been put out by EA and Activision.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not getting it.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

This is why I have GameFly.

xgiantnomadx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xgiantnomadx
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts

[QUOTE="wretch0101"]Most games have 5 hour SP why should this one be different? Most people are buying it for the multiplayer anyway just like with the Call of duty gamesfirefox59
Ahh, the level 1 with the voice of reason. If this was COD MW3 you'd all be stoked to hear it had a five hour story. But no, a game is different therefore it sucks. My gosh. This is why activision gets away with 3 maps for $15. They have no competition cause gamers ignore everythin that doesn't have COD on the box. I can't believe people are saying this game is generic when it clearly is different than whats been put out by EA and Activision.

Start a post... I dare ya. Your not going to change the face of the earth on call of duty

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

HF looked like it had promise but the more I read about it more it gets pushed into the 'not buying' pile. Too many most awesome games out there this year that I just don't want to waste my time with this. :(

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i love how everyone is hating on the 5 hrs... lol SADLY isn't every shooter now days 5hrs lol. wish devs would fix this but w/e as long as MP is good and tide me over month-few months i'm happy
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Not suprized it looked like they took that level from modern warefare 2 and made a whole game out of it.

ojcroveda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 ojcroveda
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'll get the game anyway, i'm waiting this game for some time now and I intend to try.

i hope the game is much better they're talking about.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="wretch0101"]Most games have 5 hour SP why should this one be different? Most people are buying it for the multiplayer anyway just like with the Call of duty gamesxgiantnomadx

Start a post... I dare ya. Your not going to change the face of the earth on call of duty

I....wuh?.....Huh?
ehacala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ehacala
i love how everyone is hating on the 5 hrs... lol SADLY isn't every shooter now days 5hrs lol. wish devs would fix this but w/e as long as MP is good and tide me over month-few months i'm happyk2theswiss
I wasn't as upset about the 5 hours as I was with the quality of that 5 hours. I agree multiplayer may save this game (I highly doubt given the quality of the SP and the shear opportunity that has been lost in making a game based o this story - Red Dawn). The story really wasn't a story as there were no character development and I didn't care about the guy you play. Such a wasted opportunity for a GREAT 5 hours. Sadly I am now left hoping the quality has been put into the MP, but given the effort displayed on SP I wouldn't hold my breath. So in summary I am not overly sad about the duration (although this felt a VERY quick 5 hrs). The opportunity lost on this game that has been touted as a 'story driven' FPS is lacking the 'story'. That said it is a FPS so they get half marks ;o)
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Yeah, I just am not going to pay $60 for a 5 hour campaign. I'll get this when it's cheaper.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
:lol: glad I didn't pre-order it
holy_terr0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 holy_terr0r
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

While I personally thought the game looked interesting, after reading all this feedback I'm not as keen on buying it. I have it on pre-order :shock:

wretch0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wretch0101
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts
I think what people are hating is the idea of America getting taken over by Korea, Russia or whom ever. OR they're obsessed with COD and don't want their friends leaving Black Opts for any game. .
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

meh

I never thought of getting homefront anyway, crysis 2 would be much better.

ehacala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ehacala

Well if anyone thought I was lying about my thoughts you can now find IGN's 7.0 review online.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Played it through Sper. Loved it. One thing I felt absolutely needed to be done was the Music had to be completely turned off. They did a fantastic job on creating a different alternate America but the music kills the atmosphere. I would rather have several hours of excellent gameplay then a time waster with some action thrown in here and there.

As far as Multiplayer, look on youtube @ HomeFront 18-2. Tell me that doesn't look dope. Can't wait to be back on dedicated servers and away from p2p playing. Hit detection is off the charts, map design looks incredible, BP system look sweet. I am really surprised this game is getting so much negative attention in here.

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nolzwin
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

that looks fun to me. i love black ops AND bad company, the style of gameplay is totally different but both are fun. i'll give this one a shot . really waiting on battlefeild 3 if that video is gameplay , AMAZING !!!!

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

the only reason i was interested in this game was for the story because the multiplayer looked pretty average

the way they have been advertising the game has been all centered around the story, so i was expecting something pretty special from the singleplayer, something pretty long and heavily focused around the story instead of a more action orientated game like most FPS are,

guess i was totally wrong, oh well, just one more game that i dont have to bother buying till it hits the bargain bin

nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nolzwin
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

I watched your 18-2 game looks cool. and i saw this one on youtube alsohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kF1wFehkpQi'm gonna try it .

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
After watching some multiplayer vids def going to at least rent this game!
misfit_780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 misfit_780
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

I have the game on pre-order and I'm still looking forward to playing it, even with all the negative comments. The fact that the single player is 5 hours doesn't really bother me. It's pretty much the same for all FPS's (as many others have already said). Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Medal of Honor and so on, are all relatively short single player experiences. However I feel that it doesn't matter whether the single player campaign takes 5 hours or 50 hours to complete, as long as its a enjoyable and worthwhile experience the amount of time it takes to finish is irrelevant. Fingers crossed it makes the most of its 5 hour play time with an interesting story, characters and enviroment.

stucazedmacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stucazedmacca
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
Looks like a rental for me, maby get it next week or the week after then.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

And yet, here's another opinion...Me and my friends picked this up at midnight release (to be honest, we are just desperate for something to tide us over till Battlefield 3), and I have to say I am pleased. I'm only 2 missions into the campaign, and 16 levels into the multiplayer, and I have to say it hasn't been bad overall.

Controls are good, they are you basic call of duty controls in every way pretty much, but the movement and aiming feels somehow much heavier, but that's not bad, it gives this feeling like your actually aiming a weighty gun, and the shooting itself is still controllable, with just a little flavor of realistic kickback (nothing like Bad Company 2 though). Other than that like mentioned, animations are pretty smooth and fluid, and the graphics are definitely acceptable.

The single-player is definitely scripted and linear (i.e. in the vein of Black ops with its 5/5) but with a nice quirk, which is environment. It has a very real and immersive back-story, and that transfers well over to the actual environments themselves. While I would have liked to see some Bad Company 2 ****destruction (it really should be a standard by now), this game is solid in what it does. It tells a decent story, nothing too new if you watched Red Dawn(which you should) but its fun. Also little human touches are nice, like the effect on the children etc. But overall, a little bit too much on the set pieces like said in the review.

The multiplayer is however a very fun and engaging experience. My friends and I troubled to describe our feelings about it easily, but to make things simple (and violate copyright laws) this game really does feel and play out like a Call of Battlefield: Company ops 2. You have the fast paced game-play of Call of Duty, mixed with the strategic necessity of Battlefield. While it doesn't shine like a +5 Shiny Chrome Beast in either aspect, it does blend them nicely, and gives an equal meaning to each of the two. Like mentioned the shining aspect of the multiplayer is definitely the battle-points, the in-game currency that really adds a beautiful variety and flow to the often chaotic battles you'll have in this game. Everything from the enemy spotting UAV (which can actually easily turn the tables of a battle, more people need to use these things ASAP), to punishing predator air-strikes, to god-hand tanks and helicopters, really brings its own flavor and usefulness into a battle. Never does it feel like I've wasted battle-points on something. While maybe not as effective as we'd wished, the land based gun UV (christened the WALL-E by my comrades) definitely captures a silly little part of my heart. Other than that, the ability to switch tactics on the fly, i.e. the ability to call in a flying drone when enemies camp rooftops, or the ability to whip out a rocket launcher when you just have to lay down the hammer of Thor on Happy Gilmore and his tank, just make combat damn fun. Alternatively, you don't really get the feeling like you have no options, there is always something a little bit of thinking and some battle-points can come up with to deal with the current situation (Can't say as much for some matches in CoD).

Overall, great fun. Definitely not for some however, but if you are of the desire to finally break free of the silly limitations of the CoD series, by all means, give this one a try, it may just help influence you to make the right decision when it comes to which military shooter to buy towards the end of the year. (*cough* Battlefield 3 *cough*) By all means the review is good and a 3/5 isn't an undeserved score, just don't let that little numerical difference completely dissuade you from the game, it has great potential.

AlecMc112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AlecMc112
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

Defintly still getting this on Friday (UK) despite some of the negative reviews/comments, I've been looking forward to playing this game for months not going to not buy it because a few people don't like it, Some people are easly influenced imo.

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

netswisha16

Agreed, especially since the developer also made Frontlines which was god aweful.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

netswisha16

I agree wholeheartedly and support this statement 110%! The same people that call out Black Ops for being a broken bad game buy this garbage, LOL!

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

I think what people are hating is the idea of America getting taken over by Korea, Russia or whom ever. OR they're obsessed with COD and don't want their friends leaving Black Opts for any game. .wretch0101
its much more about fanboyism than the us getting invaded

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

This is why I have GameFly.

ElPadilla
Yeah me too, lots of games that aren't worth buying but worth a rental if only to see how bad it is :P
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm playing Homefront and so far, it's very standard, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.