Racist symbol in GeOW map???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts

Ok. I know this might just be coincedental or maybe some player has a sick imagination and it's spreading. But this morning someone pointed out that on the new Process map, you can see the letters " KKK " behind the Locust spawn on the 3 pillars. I can definately see it. Whether or not this was put in intentionally I have no idea. Judge for yourself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

chainsaw_happy
It's only the design.What are you trying to prove here?
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
[QUOTE="yucky_straw"]

[QUOTE="slayer85"]i leave gamespot for a day and i come back and people are still whining about racism and trying to claw at anything to make it racist? damn, give it a rest! im gonna go grab some screen shots of gta san andreas and show grove street shooting up a white department store then im going to cry cry cry like people have been on gamespot for the last couple of days, now about gow and earlier about re5.[/QUOTE

Dude. No one's crying. And why are you staring at a dude's bicep in that pic?

slayer85

its me and its mine lol

Hot! Let's go out sometime.

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 yucky_straw
[QUOTE="chainsaw_happy"]

Ok. I know this might just be coincedental or maybe some player has a sick imagination and it's spreading. But this morning someone pointed out that on the new Process map, you can see the letters " KKK " behind the Locust spawn on the 3 pillars. I can definately see it. Whether or not this was put in intentionally I have no idea. Judge for yourself.

danciu

It's only the design.What are you trying to prove here?

He can't answer you. He was banned for making this thread. click on his profile.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.GoldenGlove

I am glad you have concrete proof that all racists are white and that no racist blacks exist or play Xbox360 Live. Or are you saying blacks don't play 360 because they can't afford it?? RACIST!!!

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 yucky_straw

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.Col_Kilgore

I am glad you have concrete proof that all racists are white and that no racist blacks exist or play Xbox360 Live. Or are you saying blacks don't play 360 because they can't afford it?? RACIST!!!

No, you just said that. But yeah there are stupid, ignorant people online of all colors and shapes.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.Col_Kilgore

That was a racist joke/comment. Not funny.

I was saying that from the times that I've played online I've experience racist people. No where did I say that black people aren't racist. I hear WAAAAY more white people sayingni99er than I hear black people saying cracker or anything else. I don't have stats to prove this but I'm sure people can relate to what I'm saying.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#207 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Thats the stupidest thing I've seen all day, and I see a lot of stupid things. People, like the creator of this topic look too hard to find stupid things like this, when there is nothing significant about it. I am sick of people bringing up race in video games...take for example the "racism" in Resident Evil 5 or when the mayor of the Mexican city made those comments about his people. THIS IS STUPID.
Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts
[QUOTE="Strap_happy"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.GoldenGlove

WHAT? shutup!! Idiot!

I'm an idiot for stating the obvious? XboxLive and especially Gears have a lot of fools on there throwing out racial slurs and comments all the time. I've been in plenty of games and experienced it. Now you can deny it and act like RACISM doesn't exist online but it does. And all the people that are acting like the K's in that picture couldn't be a subliminal message are in denial.

Denial!?! Im not in any way saying that racism dosent occur on xbox live but it does. But i do find it amuseing that you keep saying "It's just that white people like to act like racism doesn't exist in videogames" when i think you have to realise that it happens to white people as well! I have had abuse from black people and been kicked out of games just because i am the only white person in the game. You can find racist statements in alphabet soup, looking at metal struts which are made exactly the same throughout the world and saying that they are racist is....stupid!!

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
lolloolololloolol way more whites say racist black stuff than blacks say racist white stuff? lollololoolol w/e,
theran189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 theran189
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Yeah funny. There is a clown in Quebec who used to say stupidities like that. White people are more racist than black, yellow or green people. Fine but to say things like that you need to be able to give a little more proofs than «I don't have stats to prove this but I'm sure people can relate to what I'm saying.» It's like saying I've seen an UFO but my camera had no batteries, I was alone and nobody heard anything or saw anything because there was an energy field surrounding it. but I DID see at as I tell so... This is a useless panoiac thread...
jbahari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211 jbahari
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts
Ridiculous. Sombody was looking hard!..............Real Hard!
BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

People who think this is racist are morons. The support in Engineering terms is called a "Truss". Look it up.

Here is a pic of a Truss Beam: Click Here

Maybe if you were educated you wouldn't throw out racist stupidity like this.

Case Closed.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Col_Kilgore
[QUOTE="Col_Kilgore"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.GoldenGlove

That was a racist joke/comment. Not funny.

I was saying that from the times that I've played online I've experience racist people. No where did I say that black people aren't racist. I hear WAAAAY more white people sayingni99er than I hear black people saying cracker or anything else. I don't have stats to prove this but I'm sure people can relate to what I'm saying.

Wow, are you "special".

We all know blacks never say the n-word, do they? I've never heard that word repeated a million times in rap songs and black comedy.

And I didn't know Xbox Live had tags identifying race of players. I mean you obviously know when you're playing against white players, right?

[QUOTE="Col_Kilgore"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]Whelp, Epic knows the audience for this game well because it's filled with a lot of white racists online. I'm sure they rejoice everytime they see this.yucky_straw

No, you just said that. But yeah there are stupid, ignorant people online of all colors and shapes.

Come on. You know what he's insinuating.

XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts
I SEE IT!!! that is funny lol they screwed up i don't think it's the part that it shows it but how it's bright. *i don't think it's racist*
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#215 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
When a black person says the n-word, its not being racist. You know that, I know that...they don't use it in the same context as white people. And yes, people are constantly racist towards blacks on a consistent basis in Gears. Mostly the young gamers of course, that get giddy at the chance to say the word without any repercussions. Of course, their must be rooms filled with black people that are racist towards white people, but I haven't run across these rooms yet, so take it as you will. Also, Big Davey, its not the truss beam itself that people are saying is racist...its the way the designers shined the light on the truss to bring out the KKK. But you knew that already.
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
wow someone needs to lock this and put it to rest already...
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 kdt55
You can complain to a mod, and they might read it, be bothered, and shut it down for you.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#218 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
-_- rascist threads please go home
Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Col_Kilgore

When a black person says the n-word, its not being racist. You know that, I know that...they don't use it in the same context as white people. And yes, people are constantly racist towards blacks on a consistent basis in Gears. Mostly the young gamers of course, that get giddy at the chance to say the word without any repercussions. Of course, their must be rooms filled with black people that are racist towards white people, but I haven't run across these rooms yet, so take it as you will. Also, Big Davey, its not the truss beam itself that people are saying is racist...its the way the designers shined the light on the truss to bring out the KKK. But you knew that already.kdt55

Wow, another person that knows the race of players on line. How do you people do that?? It really is incredible. *rolls eyes*

If blacks have such an issue with the n-word, they need to stop saying it. This bullcrap about one race being able to use it and another not needs to STOP. It makes me think blacks use it because they know whites can't or won't, and they are flaunting that fact in the faces of white people.

My point?

You do NOT know it is only whites saying it. You see a player online and they say it, dumb people like yourself automatically assume it's the evil white people. It can easily be a black person saying it, but you don't know they're black, do you? So you assume it's racist. So how can you know whether it is or isn't racist when you don't know the race of the person using it?

mmielnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#220 mmielnik
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts
who ever posted this a freaking retared idiot. whats next the Virgin Mary on your tortilla? quit looking for stuff that isnt there.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 kdt55

Are you serious??? Are you saying that if someone says "Shut up, your nothing but a stupid f***ing monkey n***er" that your not going to come to a logical conclusion that that person is indeed not black? Wow. Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle skit with the black 'white supremacist'.

Danplunkett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Danplunkett
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
thats somethin
Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Strap_happy

who ever posted this a freaking retared idiot. whats next the Virgin Mary on your tortilla? quit looking for stuff that isnt there.mmielnik

she wernt always a virgin, jesus had siblings...

ags8sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ags8sf
Member since 2004 • 441 Posts
I see three sideways W's not K's:)
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 yucky_straw

someone go on Cliffy B's myspace page and bug him for an answer until he responds. ;)

www.myspace.com/bleszinski

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about this
Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Col_Kilgore
All video games should be cancelled for this terrible outrage!
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#229 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

Why is this thread back up.....

Anywhoo....it's completely accidental. If anyone sees any racist symbol then you are thinking wayyyyyyyyy to much into it.

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Strap_happy

All video games should be cancelled for this terrible outrage!Col_Kilgore

agreed!! Ban gameing!

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 yucky_straw

[QUOTE="Col_Kilgore"]All video games should be cancelled for this terrible outrage!Strap_happy

agreed!! Ban gameing!

ban bad spelling.

FearNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 FearNinja
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts
The TC is crazy.
Wolfie600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Wolfie600
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

those are not K's, Those are triangles and they sleepy and laying down (thats ridico0ul0ous)

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 yucky_straw

The TC is crazy.FearNinja

Yes. He must be out of his mind with insanity. Especially since he's making such a bold statement in his post by telling us exactly what to believe. It's not like he's acknowledging that it could be coincedental or intentional. What a maniac.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Col_Kilgore
Ban life and cancel Christmas!
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 yucky_straw

Ban life and cancel Christmas!Col_Kilgore

what's Christmas?

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Col_Kilgore

[QUOTE="Col_Kilgore"]Ban life and cancel Christmas!yucky_straw

what's Christmas?

Good, it worked.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

There pillars my god people will do anything to create controversy.eatspie

exactly what i was thinking. gamespot posters make me weep on the inside sometimes.....

Heei1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Heei1
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
lol thats funny but i think its just a coincidence
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kdt55
BAN the TC for showing us what someone else found! What? Gamespot already did it. Good work guys.
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
Wow a topic of racism in gaming i dont think ive ever seen that before. I cant believe this thread is still alive its ridiculous since its pure coincidence get over it.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 kdt55
Yeah, lets just let this topic die already. What? I'm helping this thread live on by posting this useless comment. Damn.
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts

Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about thisRamboSymbiot

Are you serious?

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 RamboSymbiot

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about thismagic_dragon

Are you serious?

I called Microsoft this morning before i left to work. Theirlooking into the situation

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 yucky_straw
[QUOTE="magic_dragon"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about thisRamboSymbiot

Are you serious?

I called Microsoft this morning before i left to work. Theirlooking into the situation

NO Way! You must be kidding me. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"][QUOTE="magic_dragon"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about thisyucky_straw

Are you serious?

NO Way! You must be kidding me. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.

Microsoft hasnt responded like they said they would so I called back with anger. I demanded an explanation and all they said was sorry and that they can compensate my purchase of gears.

That is not acceptable!

Dbwee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Dbwee
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
I dont see it.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts

[QUOTE="chainsaw_happy"]I'm NEVER said it was intentionalMcRezzer

You're under arrest for the murder of grammer!

You're under arrest for the murder of grammar!

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
so you're hoping you will discovere something racist someday in a game..?.... you are searching.
AENEMA_TOOLOGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 AENEMA_TOOLOGY
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts
[QUOTE="magic_dragon"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Its totally racist and done on purpose. Im taking my copy of gears back and im calling microsoft/epic games to file a complaint. this is horrible. I hope they do somthing big about thisRamboSymbiot

Are you serious?