quitters ruining my experience

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scarred_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -1

#51 Scarred_Crow
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

Usually with Call of Duty: WOW or Call of Duty 4. I haven't played Gears of War 2 online yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#52 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
i already adressed that if it was laggy they could possibly come up with something to tell ... or they oculd rely on player honesty by sending out like a question thing if the whole team quits. It woudl ask like if the game was laggy or notdkidfrmdbx
When the thing freezes the game up that much, and the other players are impatient and want to use their microphones rather than give me some time to type out messages, it is pretty pointless. They probably don't care anyways, thats what the quit option is there for.
kpo2345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 kpo2345
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
I love online play but they shouldn't even give you an option to quit. If its real laggy than they should just give a new host or something. But theres nothing I hate more than playing a game of madden and fricken be winning and they quit and because I'd rather play against a real opponent than the cpu I quit and I don't get the Win. If I wanted to play against the CPU or Bots or whatever than why pay 50 bucks for xbox live? I don't think quitters should be banned....but I think there needs to be a better way to match up quitters with the quitters and the gamers with people that spent the damn 60 bucks on a game and the 50 bucks on xbox live and the 300 dollars for the xbox and be able to fricken enjoy the game without a bunch of sissy cry baby quitters.
DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts

I rearely quit if at all but it is understandable when people quit in vs death matches. If you play Horde mode you rarely get quitters, because everyone is in one team.

But the vs modes can suck when you have a team using heavy weapons and hogging the sniper positions, it gets frustrating and when that happens it isn't fun.

GranmastaZoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GranmastaZoSo
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
i dont understand why they do not allow bots to take a quitters place. Or at least allow you to invite someone from your friends list to fill in the spot in Gears!
Avatar image for Davroar-Serpent
Davroar-Serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Davroar-Serpent
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Davroar-Serpent"]

Quiting is an option for gamer's who need to quit. Stop being little babies, it is an online live community, and people do have thing's to do in life.

Palantas

I'd like you to quote who you think is being a "little baby" in this thread. Or were you talking about all of us? Insulting most everyone in a thread's a great way to get your point across. Welcome to GameSpot.

Obviously, no one's complaining about people who quit for legitimate reasons, like connection failures or their house being on fire. Gamers are upset by people who agree to participate in a fair contest, and then at the slightest sign of losing, quit and waste everyone's time. Yes, people have things to do in life. If you have something to do, like go to dinner with your boss in five minutes, then you shouldn't start an online game where your quitting is going to ruin other peoples' experience. That's impolite. It's like getting together for a game of golf with a friend, who after his ball goes into the water on the second hole, informs you that he has to leave because he's getting married in five minutes. At best, quitters practice poor time management, and at worse, they're just asses.

Welcome to Gamespot...PFT

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
i know what you mean man. any time when i can play a full good game with no one quitting or lag i feel blessed. what i say onto the problem of people quitting; scrap the ranking system-i know gold bars will/have left a game just because of the ranking system. if some one does leave it should allow for some one to potentially join if a spot becomes available. like cod4...idk why they didnt just leave it that way like they did in gears1 :?
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand why people like to quit games. Literally, they join a game, then quit 2 minutes after. I haven't noticed this in most games, but I did notice it a lot in Mortal Kombat vs. DC. I mean, what is the point? So, you can be at the top of the leaderboards? Who really cares? Seriously, games are meant to be fun and for people to enjoy them, not for scores and leaderboards and crap like that. And a lot of people do this in MKvs.DC, just play the game and you will see what I mean.