^^OFFICIAL^^ Post Your Setup Thread (Mods Please sticky this)

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

swizzlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 swizzlar
Member since 2005 • 638 Posts
[QUOTE="ebkboy"]heres mine. not much but still good enough.nivet14
Nice TV.

i second that really nice tv. wat make is it
robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 robotecha5
Member since 2006 • 1207 Posts
[QUOTE="robotecha5"]

All my games are in those binders. Like my controler racks?

clubhaxor

Yes they are very cute ^.^ Where did you get them? Very nice and neat setup, I like how you have the 360,Wii and PS3 sitting comfortably there.

Here's My (very messy) Setup. http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/samamo_90/

I love my Faceplate, Turtles :)

lol I wish that was a PS3. The controller racks were actually ment to hold CD's I just fliped them sideways.

GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts
Not much but I enjoy it.....

GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts
we need more pics to get a sticky
Halorocks111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Halorocks111
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
yeah i am only 15. so my setup just sucks compared to these. but once i get my hdtv, ill post one of it.
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
Hers mine, Samsung 19" LCD i'm getting a 32" hdtv soon

gecko023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 gecko023
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

This is my new Office / Media room I just put together.

luke-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 luke-15
Member since 2006 • 3571 Posts

Heres my setup, enjoy

im still not overall statisfied with the picture though, the black seems to black, maybe its just my imagination lol

Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts

Heres my setup, enjoy

im still not overall statisfied with the picture though, the black seems to black, maybe its just my imagination lol

luke-15
wow that black is very very black.
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Elementguy13
360:  hdtv:  360 and hdtv  games:  Gears of War (i'll post more later)
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
[QUOTE="luke-15"]

Heres my setup, enjoy

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/luke-16/DSC00774.jpg

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/luke-16/DSC00770.jpg

Elementguy13

I hope you know when you take a photo of a tv that it comes out looking totally different than in person. Even a tv with poor blacks will come out looking like rich blacks because of the exposure being so short to keep brights from blowing out and such, but you then lose detail in blacks.
luke-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 luke-15
[QUOTE="Elementguy13"][QUOTE="luke-15"]

Heres my setup, enjoy

TimothyB

I hope you know when you take a photo of a tv that it comes out looking totally different than in person. Even a tv with poor blacks will come out looking like rich blacks because of the exposure being so short to keep brights from blowing out and such, but you then lose detail in blacks.

In gears i can hardly see the details on my man because he is so black, i probly gotta change the setting becuase loads of people on this forum have the same TV and it look amazing on theres, mine looks good but i dunno.

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

this is my setup..nothing too great..just a vga connection to my monitor and i do have surround sound

phantomdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 phantomdragon
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
"You know your a nerd when your controller rack, has a controller rack" 

"YOU SUCK"

*walks off stage*
ineedanewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ineedanewname
Member since 2004 • 1300 Posts

Acer 19" AL1916W monitor. The cheapest way to go HD but by no means crappy. It's amazing.
Seemore10
what sword are you using in oblivion?
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TimothyB
[QUOTE="TimothyB"][QUOTE="Elementguy13"][QUOTE="luke-15"]

Heres my setup, enjoy

luke-15

In gears i can hardly see the details on my man because he is so black, i probly gotta change the setting becuase loads of people on this forum have the same TV and it look amazing on theres, mine looks good but i dunno.

Check to see if you have a Disney DVD, from cartoons to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. As Disney often includes a THX optimizer, which includes more than sound, but a quick screen calibrator. So play it in the DVD drive on the 360 and it will give you slides to adjust the picture to get it's darkest blacks without losing detail you are suppose to see, by using dark squares, and adjust the lights so you don't clip detail too, plus some other adjustments.

Also, when you start that, make sure your tv is not on Vivid or some similar settings, that's the setting that blows out color, over sharpens, and crushes blacks. It's used to wow customers in stores, but actually destroys the image quality. And crushed blacks mean like if you have a guy with a black suit on, but it still should have plenty of detail with shading and wrinkles, but crushed blacks the entire suit would be one solid black, no detail and such, which could be happening with your gears of war guy,

So a good calibration can really make a screen look soooo much better. There are more complicated and better calibration stuff like Avias Guide to Home Theater DVD, and Digital Video Essentials, which has a HD-DVD version coming soon, with HD calibration pattern screens.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
There use to be a topic like this at launch and it had over 2000 posts or something lke that.
luke-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 luke-15
[QUOTE="luke-15"][QUOTE="TimothyB"][QUOTE="Elementguy13"][QUOTE="luke-15"]

Heres my setup, enjoy

TimothyB

Check to see if you have a Disney DVD, from cartoons to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. As Disney often includes a THX optimizer, which includes more than sound, but a quick screen calibrator. So play it in the DVD drive on the 360 and it will give you slides to adjust the picture to get it's darkest blacks without losing detail you are suppose to see, by using dark squares, and adjust the lights so you don't clip detail too, plus some other adjustments.

Also, when you start that, make sure your tv is not on Vivid or some similar settings, that's the setting that blows out color, over sharpens, and crushes blacks. It's used to wow customers in stores, but actually destroys the image quality. And crushed blacks mean like if you have a guy with a black suit on, but it still should have plenty of detail with shading and wrinkles, but crushed blacks the entire suit would be one solid black, no detail and such, which could be happening with your gears of war guy,

So a good calibration can really make a screen look soooo much better. There are more complicated and better calibration stuff like Avias Guide to Home Theater DVD, and Digital Video Essentials, which has a HD-DVD version coming soon, with HD calibration pattern screens.

Thanx for the advice, i heard there is something on the TV that when you switch it off it makes it look much better, i guess ill have to look into, thanx again

livinnturkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 livinnturkey
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
There use to be a topic like this at launch and it had over 2000 posts or something lke that.II-FBIsniper-II
yea i remember that one... i loved it!
Xfr3ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Xfr3ak
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
[QUOTE="Elementguy13"]360:  hdtv:  360 and hdtv  games:  Gears of War (i'll post more later)

Nice HDTV can you tell me what model is that?:)
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
whether they are big or small u gotta luv those Samsung's
Seek2dismember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Seek2dismember
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

rack

front

rear

consoles

Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts

• xbox 360, controllers, and games (gears of war, GRAW, and splinter cell: double agent.)

*Call of duty 3 and Rainbow six: vegas, and wireless headset. have been added since this pic was taken.

• Onkyo TXDS494 5.1 surround sound
  • Directv HD satellite TV reciever (has been replaced by a directv HD DVR)
  • Bose acoustimass subwoofer
  • westell wireless router

• Samsung LNS2651D 26' HD LCD TV

• My Playstation 3 will be here tomorrow (damn UPS! why cant you ship on weekends! :evil: ) so heres what it will look like thanks to the magic of photoshop :wink:
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Elementguy13
[QUOTE="Xfr3ak"][QUOTE="Elementguy13"]360:  hdtv:  360 and hdtv  games:  Gears of War (i'll post more later)

Nice HDTV can you tell me what model is that?:)

The model number is LN-S1952W, I really love this tv. Heres a link to the tv at samsungs website: http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/LCDTV/LNS1952WXXAA.asp
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DarcLoccus
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
1080p 50" Samsung, Harmon Kardon Receiver, Full JBL surround Stadium series.......this thing will crack drywall!! I'll take a few pics with Gears on this tv.  Pic doesn't show my centre channel
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Elementguy13
1080p 50" Samsung, Harmon Kardon Receiver, Full JBL surround Stadium series.......this thing will crack drywall!! I'll take a few pics with Gears on this tv.  Pic doesn't show my centre channelDarcLoccus
nice tv, looks a little plain though, needs some color!
DarcLoccus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DarcLoccus
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
[QUOTE="DarcLoccus"]1080p 50" Samsung, Harmon Kardon Receiver, Full JBL surround Stadium series.......this thing will crack drywall!! I'll take a few pics with Gears on this tv.  Pic doesn't show my centre channelElementguy13
nice tv, looks a little plain though, needs some color!

The room? I just finished it, so I haven't put up my art or anything. www.jasonkrahn.com
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
w0w. i need an hdtv. those setups are nice.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Very nice setups, someday I will get around to taking pics of mine.
grovestreet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 grovestreet12
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

My T.V (Playing Farcry.)

And Moi games.

kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
[QUOTE="tacotacoburrito"][QUOTE="holhardy"]

Same as the PS3 setup i have. And Alienware and Ps2.

bindip
supreme geek

WOW that setup is super super sweet he may be a geek but i wish i was him :P

thats sickkkkkkkk
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kyle_toker

My T.V (Playing Farcry.)

And Moi games.

grovestreet12
why do you have different tom clancy games... like the boxes i meen
grovestreet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 grovestreet12
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Not sure, Were are you from? The Cases might be different in each country, Im from UK.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kyle_toker
oh probably im from canada, and im pretty sure america has the same ones... all your games that are white on the side are different here
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TimothyB

rack

front

rear

consoles

Seek2dismember

Man, what is that, 4 760s for rears, how did you end up with 2 togethor in the middle? You going to find room for the RSC500 center channel when it comes out :)

Oh, you asked me once on mysetup if I was going to upgrade the 750s crossover. Since I won 450s it's kind of a toss up. When I described my experience with them against 750s at AV123 I got a response that made me think for the money I'd stay with the 450s.

What I described was the 450s had more detail, like it was slightly brighter and more revealing in a good way, but strangely never too bright to cause cringing, and the bass was still decent with two 5.25inch woofers each. But oddly, with the 750s, while a much softer speakers, I found on some songs I cringed at parts that didn't happen with the brighter 450s.

So I found out why that was. Someone confirmed my experience because they where thinking of doing the Ninja Crossover for the 750s. That new crossover kind of makes them more like the 450s in detail and brightness range and fixes what seems to be a woofer breakdown between the 4 woofers on the original crossover, which is what was causing the sound that made me cringe. Example sound was Tom Petty Free Fallng at the part where you yells "Freeeee Falling," at the "eeeee" part. So the 450s seem great, but if I did the Ninja Crossovers for the 750s I'd have the best of both worlds, the more revealing detailed sound that's not too bright and plenty of strong rich bass from the 4 woofers with no breakdown.

Unless the was a nother crossover. But I don't feel like opening up my speakers to try to install $400+ in electronic boards.

How do you like those extended tweeters on top of those 850s?

freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
I don't have an HDTV or anything fancy, but I'll post it anyway lol.  Yes, I told you, my TV sucks lol.  From the R6:V trailer  Both my computers and 360  My iMac and 360 (Ignore the web of wires =D) And get ready to laugh...  My horrible attempt at surround sound! (LOL) I had nowhere else to put the back speakers, the top right speaker's cord isn't long enough to stand up straight (it just falls off the tv) so I have to turn it to the side so it won't fall. It's sad, yes, I know. But it sounds good so I ain't complaining lol  iMac and 360 again  Without flash  Yes yes.  360 and controllers. I have all my games in a little container rolling bin thing in my closet. My room is extremely small and my bed takes up about 3/4 of the room, and the other wall is just a closet so I have to put everything against one wall. I hope we move to a bigger house soon, this just isn't cuttin' it lol.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TimothyB
[QUOTE="freakout247"]I don't have an HDTV or anything fancy, but I'll post it anyway lol.  Yes, I told you, my TV sucks lol.  From the R6:V trailer  Both my computers and 360  My iMac and 360 (Ignore the web of wires =D) And get ready to laugh...  My horrible attempt at surround sound! (LOL) I had nowhere else to put the back speakers, the top right speaker's cord isn't long enough to stand up straight (it just falls off the tv) so I have to turn it to the side so it won't fall. It's sad, yes, I know. But it sounds good so I ain't complaining lol  iMac and 360 again  Without flash  Yes yes.  360 and controllers. I have all my games in a little container rolling bin thing in my closet. My room is extremely small and my bed takes up about 3/4 of the room, and the other wall is just a closet so I have to put everything against one wall. I hope we move to a bigger house soon, this just isn't cuttin' it lol.

Have you thought about using your PC screen for the 360, to get HD? And then redo the speakers for that PC so you don't need those speakers next to the tv? Or even get rid of the tv and get a tv tuner card for your PC to turn it into a tv/tivo like device with remote. I've sure that would save you space, but then you'd want a bigger monitor :)

And for space and getting proper surround, what about the Z-5450 Logitech speakers. It's just like the Z-5500, with built in Dolby Digital decoding with optical input to get full surround from the 360, but the rear speakers work wirelessly and thus mounted anywhere on the other side of the room with no wires. But it is kind of expensive if you don't find a deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121133
Avatar image for selfaware_robot
selfaware_robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 selfaware_robot
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
why hasn't this been stickied yet!?
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
[QUOTE="TimothyB"][QUOTE="freakout247"]I don't have an HDTV or anything fancy, but I'll post it anyway lol.  Yes, I told you, my TV sucks lol.  From the R6:V trailer  Both my computers and 360  My iMac and 360 (Ignore the web of wires =D) And get ready to laugh...  My horrible attempt at surround sound! (LOL) I had nowhere else to put the back speakers, the top right speaker's cord isn't long enough to stand up straight (it just falls off the tv) so I have to turn it to the side so it won't fall. It's sad, yes, I know. But it sounds good so I ain't complaining lol  iMac and 360 again  Without flash  Yes yes.  360 and controllers. I have all my games in a little container rolling bin thing in my closet. My room is extremely small and my bed takes up about 3/4 of the room, and the other wall is just a closet so I have to put everything against one wall. I hope we move to a bigger house soon, this just isn't cuttin' it lol.

Have you thought about using your PC screen for the 360, to get HD? And then redo the speakers for that PC so you don't need those speakers next to the tv? Or even get rid of the tv and get a tv tuner card for your PC to turn it into a tv/tivo like device with remote. I've sure that would save you space, but then you'd want a bigger monitor :)

And for space and getting proper surround, what about the Z-5450 Logitech speakers. It's just like the Z-5500, with built in Dolby Digital decoding with optical input to get full surround from the 360, but the rear speakers work wirelessly and thus mounted anywhere on the other side of the room with no wires. But it is kind of expensive if you don't find a deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121133

Honestly I have absolutely no money right now, and yes I have thought about using my monitor for the 360... but the only monitor I could use is for my HP (silver, small) but the only thing I'm a little "eh" about is the VGA switcher (from PC to 360) I can't seem to find a nice, cheap one that has good reviews and works well... so I don't know... but if there was one I'd probably use my monitor for it. I wish I could use my iMac's screen but there is no video input anywhere, just a mini-dvi out. =( And I originally had those speakers on my PC but I've always preferred headphones while gaming (I play PC games as well) so I moved them to my TV.
MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
bump :D
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
 and  I'll take better pictures and post them later
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
what site do you use to post pics? i want to post mine.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TimothyB
what site do you use to post pics? i want to post mine.MavsFan2007

There's imageshack, uploadit.org
Seek2dismember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Seek2dismember
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="TimothyB

Man, what is that, 4 760s for rears, how did you end up with 2 togethor in the middle? You going to find room for the RSC500 center channel when it comes out :)

Oh, you asked me once on mysetup if I was going to upgrade the 750s crossover. Since I won 450s it's kind of a toss up. When I described my experience with them against 750s at AV123 I got a response that made me think for the money I'd stay with the 450s.

What I described was the 450s had more detail, like it was slightly brighter and more revealing in a good way, but strangely never too bright to cause cringing, and the bass was still decent with two 5.25inch woofers each. But oddly, with the 750s, while a much softer speakers, I found on some songs I cringed at parts that didn't happen with the brighter 450s.

So I found out why that was. Someone confirmed my experience because they where thinking of doing the Ninja Crossover for the 750s. That new crossover kind of makes them more like the 450s in detail and brightness range and fixes what seems to be a woofer breakdown between the 4 woofers on the original crossover, which is what was causing the sound that made me cringe. Example sound was Tom Petty Free Fallng at the part where you yells "Freeeee Falling," at the "eeeee" part. So the 450s seem great, but if I did the Ninja Crossovers for the 750s I'd have the best of both worlds, the more revealing detailed sound that's not too bright and plenty of strong rich bass from the 4 woofers with no breakdown.

Unless the was a nother crossover. But I don't feel like opening up my speakers to try to install $400+ in electronic boards.

How do you like those extended tweeters on top of those 850s?

well there used to be 550s there in the rear and 750s on the side then the trade in deal was offered so i upgraded.there is no room to put them elsewhere for now but eventually i will move to a bigger place.the ERTs are awsome if you have an upsampling cd player,they really finish where the vifa tails off.i am much happier with the 850s with the ninja crossover, it made a world of difference from the origional,that is why i asked about your 750s.i am way up there on the rsc500 list and it will fit right in front of the dlp stand and then i can put the shelf in there and have a place for my games and controlers,which will be better than sitting on the floor next to the rack :-)
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
TV- 27" Olevia LCD- HD up to 1080i  Sub for my Bose® CineMate™ system  Speakers for the System  Xbox (yeah i know its a core so what? i got the very last one)  Steering Wheel :( no wireless nor force feed back but it was a gift :)  Games (had to use cell phone for pics couldn't find Digital, and yes they are alphabetized)
galaman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 galaman_basic
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

New here guys, first post.. and here is my setup, hope you like!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r164/galaman12001/setup1.jpg

flipside05uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 flipside05uk
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

Here's mine, scroll to the right to see the rest of the pic.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#149 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
I enjoy watching people's tvs then decide what to get myself.
dwells4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 dwells4life
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts
Well here are my two setups:
Livingroom:
  • Samsung 42" plasma from Magnolia center at best buy
  • Whalen TV stand
  • Yamaha 6.1 natural sound receiver
  • Klipsch Quintet III 5.1 sattelites
  • Klipsch Quintet III Subwoofer
  • Yamaha Natural sound HDMI upconvert progressive scan DVD player
  • Time Warner HD DVR box
Pictures:

My bedroom setup:
  • Westinghouse 32" hdtv 720p
  • Sony 5.1 soround sound system w/ receiver and subwoofer
  • Gateway computer modded slightly (inernal)
  • Hd system selector
  • Xbox 360 Premium w/ component and digital optical cables
  • Nintendo Wii w/ componet cables
  • Original Nintendo (working excelent!)
Pictures:

My games:

My Controllers/remotes (light gun fully functional btw):

Well I know you do not see a Ps3 in any of these pics but one is coming in the near future! =] Tell me what you think plaese rate them both seperately... Oh yeah, I am 14 and i bought the stuff in the second setup all by myself =p..