Official Bioshock Review And Gameplay Discussion thread: ALL BIOSHOCK TALK HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

The review's up. Any and all Bioshock related discussion goes here.

ATTENTION: Any trolling or flaming remarks towards Jeff will result in suspension. If you're upset at Jeff... punch a pillow.

GradyGG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GradyGG
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
Congratz to gamespot for the lowest rating so far for this game..
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Congratz to gamespot fot the lowesty rating so far for this game..GradyGG
Lol. I thought with all the reviews that were nearly perfect this game would get at least a 9.5. I wonder what the rating would have been if GameSpot didn't have their retarded rating system.
waz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waz360
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
Really shulda got a 9.5 or 10
joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Halo 2 got a higher rating. (on GS) *has heart attack*
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
lol a 9 IS NOT bad even if it is one of the lowest ratings for this game its not going to stop people from buying it lol
VetteMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VetteMan85
Member since 2005 • 8978 Posts
lol a 9 IS NOT bad even if it is one of the lowest ratings for this game its not going to stop people from buying it lolnhlkiller
I think it's just the fact that it was expected from GS. They seem to hate most games and for the amazing ones, they are still too hard on them.
September_Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#9 September_Grey
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
We should be happy the 'lowest' score this game has gotten is a 9/10! Good review.
Tweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tweep
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

Man, if we don't like a review we still feel the need to attack the reviewer and not the words he/she has written. Interesting and not at all fair to Jeff. Personally I have only played the demo, thats all I can speak towards, and it was a demo I enjoyed. That doesn't mean that I know much about the game, but what the developers chose to show me.

Maybe we need to take a step back and look at the review and listen to the words as written. Maybe in this reviewer's eyes the game is a 9.0; maybe in yours its a 9.5 to a 10.0, so what? His 9.0 won't impact your enjoyment of the game one iota. Maybe it will turn out once we are mostly 20 hours into the game that Jeff's review holds more water than some of the others... Otherwise, relax, enjoy the game when you pick it up tomorrow. I will.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
great game im loving every second of it...
VetteMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VetteMan85
I wonder if they are going to bother with a video review of are they too lazy?
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

i expected 9.5.

but i'll have to play it to judge it.

VetteMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VetteMan85

this game has been called the second coming by alot of people. and its supposed to rival OoT in greatness. i know this isnt sytemwars but this is a flop.Hadoken_Kid

A 9/10 with a 9.8 average is a flop? :|

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
not bad but lowest scoring out of about 15 reviews :S:S:S Why?
IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts
So is this still considered a "AAA" game? I mean, I'm not surprised by all the hype and great comments this game has been getting. I'm going to get it tomorrow...
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
find it hard to believe people are complaining about it, common, when did 90%, editors choice, superb considered bad? Jeff shouldve given it an 8.5, i wouldve lol'd at fanboys turing emo
TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

I knew Gamespot would do this. They give booty-as games high marks while great games get low ratings. Yeah, and that Jeff guy, he's the Simon Cowell of Gamespot. I truely believe it deserved a higher score than that krap. Gears of Wars got a 9.6, when you can't even crouch in that game without putting your back to the wall. And the storyline was lame as heck.

ryuchee

Different scoring system.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts
Gamespot always manages to put the lowest score to a high scoring game. I guarantee cod4 and halo 3 gets great reviews from every other review place and gamespot gives it like an 8.5 Gamespot is like that. There were a few glitchesand it was easy. So, what? I've been reading reviews for a while though and I've never heard anything false from their reviews. Maybe the other review sites were just trapped in the hype.
ryuchee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ryuchee
Member since 2003 • 576 Posts

Watch them give Stranglehold mid 9s. Typical.

ryuchee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ryuchee
Member since 2003 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="ryuchee"]

I knew Gamespot would do this. They give booty-as games high marks while great games get low ratings. Yeah, and that Jeff guy, he's the Simon Cowell of Gamespot. I truely believe it deserved a higher score than that krap. Gears of Wars got a 9.6, when you can't even crouch in that game without putting your back to the wall. And the storyline was lame as heck.

[/QUOTE

TheMierArmy
They're still booty
monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
[QUOTE="ryuchee"]

TheMierArmy

these people crack me up :lol:

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts
[QUOTE="TheMierArmy"][QUOTE="ryuchee"]

monie11k

these people crack me up :lol:

indeed.

Avatar image for yoshizuki_basic
yoshizuki_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yoshizuki_basic
Member since 2002 • 52 Posts

Well if only Bioshock had a chainsaw weapon, Jeff would've given it higher! Remember he was practically orgasming with the chainsaw in Gears of War.

In the Wii forum, I remember there was a lot of backlash when Jeff gave Zelda Twilight Princess below a 9. We'll see how ppl react to the 9/10 he gave bioshock. Now if 2k games released a downloadable patch for a chainsaw....

writeouscopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 writeouscopy
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

I was REALLY cheering on Bioshock to get the first gamespot "10" in ALMOST 6 YEARS (the last one being tony hawk 3 in 2001).

I realize that a "9" is a pretty damn good score no matter how you look at it, but when EVERY other site has been giving it a higher score, MOST of them perfect or barely under, you really have to wonder if GS just thinks its cool to be the one who rated it the lowest. We all know this is not the first game to be underscored by GS when compared to, say, 12 OTHER REVIEWS so the impression i'm getting is that GS thinks they have more credibility because they can find more things wrong with a particular game than other critics (which is TOTAL bs). I don't think I can take any of their reviews too seriously anymore (not just based on this review). c'mon, they haven't reviewed a better game since tony hawk 3??? i think that says it all.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

I was REALLY cheering on Bioshock to get the first gamespot "10" in ALMOST 6 YEARS (the last one being tony hawk 3 in 2001).

I realize that a "9" is a pretty damn good score no matter how you look at it, but when EVERY other site has been giving it a higher score, MOST of them perfect or barely under, you really have to wonder if GS just thinks its cool to be the one who rated it the lowest. We all know this is not the first game to be underscored by GS when compared to, say, 12 OTHER REVIEWS so the impression i'm getting is that GS thinks they have more credibility because they can find more things wrong with a particular game than other critics (which is TOTAL bs). I don't think I can take any of their reviews too seriously anymore (not just based on this review). c'mon, they haven't reviewed a better game since tony hawk 3??? i think that says it all.

writeouscopy

little big planet

Hamsterkirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Hamsterkirby
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

LOL Look at this review guys. It is a rating of 5/10 and people are making funny comments!

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83#comments

TaintedEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 TaintedEon
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
That review, made me cringe. I have seen people play Bioshock for 12+ hours, and they haven't had a single "hiccup". Absolutely amazing that you'd rate a game poorly because the Xbox360 you tested it on, caused a hiccup from over-heating. Absolutely amazing. Way to blame the game for an issue with the system.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

LOL Look at this review guys. It is a rating of 5/10 and people are making funny comments!

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83#comments

Hamsterkirby

lol fanboys.com

paskal1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 paskal1987
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts
Why did Jeff had to take Riche's spot and why did Jeff had to review this game...ehh comn't Jeff
danlher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 danlher
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
Oh, Greg Kasavin, where are you? I really miss your reviews :( Why don't Gamespot changes back his review rating system? The new one, to me is useless. Keep the emblems though (icons, flares, whatever they are called), they are kind of cool.
tamsj04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tamsj04
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts
I haven't bought a game because of a gamespot review for along time and i probablly wont for a long time. The best thing to do is to look at the critic score not the gamespot score.
LsTr_Of_SmG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 LsTr_Of_SmG
Member since 2004 • 445 Posts
Thank you sooooo much for pointing this out to me - I haven't laughed so hard in my life before! LMAO!
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

Rainbow Six got a higher score (and yes I'm aware of the different review system) :|

Bioshock Demo > Rainbow Six Full Retail Version.

VetteMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VetteMan85

Rainbow Six got a higher score (and yes I'm aware of the different review system, even so 9.3 rounded up is a 9.5) :|

skullkrusher13
I think for GS reviews the game has to get a 9.5 or higher to get a 9.5.
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

To me it all hinges on the game freezing as Jeff said it did for him. If it's the game itself causing it, then I agree with the score. That's a real distraction. I've read many other reviews of it though and haven't heard anything about it freezing so...wth. If it's one xbox that caused it, then wow Jeff...

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Rainbow Six got a higher score (and yes I'm aware of the different review system) :|

VetteMan85

I think for GS reviews the game has to get a 9.5 or higher to get a 9.5.

the point is Rainbow Six sucks, and got 9.1. Bioshock has gotten incredible reviews everywhere else, and gets a 9.0 here.

cterry04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cterry04
Member since 2005 • 2244 Posts

find it hard to believe people are complaining about it, common, when did 90%, editors choice, superb considered bad? Jeff shouldve given it an 8.5, i wouldve lol'd at fanboys turing emoaxes03

Maybe you should ask since when did "editors choice and superb" become a 90%?

DanMW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DanMW
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

I get the impression it's getting a lower score because they might have a dodgy 360 that slows down after playing for a while, certainly I haven't read any complaints from any other reviews about this, that's Gamespot for you, proud to be different... 9/10 is still a pretty good score

PS go buy a new 360 and do a re-review

Hamsterkirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Hamsterkirby
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

Stop bashing Jeff for his opinion >.> I played this game at a freinds house and i personnally rate it 8.6 (Which is very good in my book). Be happy that Jeff graced BioShock with a 9.0. He couldve graced it with an 8 >.> Just look at the user scores. Thats what I do. User scores good, I get it. User score bad, I don't get it. Jeff can have his own opinion. It's not like all this ranting and fighting is going to change the score.

moobusta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 moobusta
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
A 9.0 from Gamespot means that this is a great game! I can't wait. Tonight at midnight...
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Well it was an honest review with no bias so what more could you ask for?