Oblivion is one of the best games for this system, BUT buyer beware....

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#102 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

about 180 hours in at the moment, only come accross one bug so far.

Avatar image for Hidden-Assassin
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Hidden-Assassin
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

Have your fun... That is your opinion, and nothing more. The actual intention of this is for the betterment of the Video Gaming Industry, which I have been a part of from its' very beginning. This practice of using patches after a games' release to correct mistakes/etc. that should be dealt with in the testing phase of a games' development cycle, is going to come to a stop, if I (and those that agree with my beliefs on this) have anything to say about it, and as you see, I have a lot to say about it.

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Hidden-Assassin

The 6 figure comment was a joke, concerning me individually at least. I made it clear I don't care about/have a need for money. It is all the principle of the thing. I'm right, they are wrong. I am to be compensated for my lost time, due to their inadequate testing and the resulting broken promises on their part. I am to be given a PC capable of handling this game flawlessly, so that I can finally get the experience I was promised to have with this product, out of it.

The 6 figures thing will only become true if this becomes a successful clas- action suit, and it is entirely in Bethesdas' hands to keep things from going that far. Beyond all of the above, they owe the general gaming population, and at the very least, their fan-base/customers that actually buy their games an explaination, along with a solution that rectifies this ongoing unresolved major game-breaking problem.

Also, if I do pursue this legally as an individual, my lawyers would certainly argue on my behalf (not that I would need them to, as I know plenty about the laws in this country, and my rights, and I can speak as good as I write) that I am also due compensation concerning the aforementioned distress/anguish/grief, etc. I suffered, due to all of the heartbreaking/disappointing bugs/etc. I was put through, during my time with said game. So, you wanted to know my grounds for a suit, if it goes that far, some of them are explained right there.

As I said in my primary set of initial posts... There have been many lawsuits in this industry over the years, and some far less-deserving situations' outcomes have been successful (even though they were actually quite dumb, from even my perspective), and didn't have anywhere near the sufficient grounds that mine would.

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Hidden-Assassin

You would all do yourself a favor to read this topics' initial posts (I mean the recent 2-post summarization that is above). You would certainly learn something about the current unfortunate state of the Gaming Industry. The above does not only pertain to Bethesda, but just that they are clearly one of the worst when it comes to taking shortcuts, and releasing software earlier than they should, not giving it adequate time in the testing phase of the development process/etc. Do you really want things to remain as they are (and get even worse, the longer you allow these companies to get away with these practices), and have to constantly deal with downloading patches for every game, etc. etc. ? That is not the future I would want for this industry, and things didn't used to be that way.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#107 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
hidden assassin no one cares anymore, you have rambled on so much that it would take hours to read and decifer your essay posts. You said you wanted to let the thread die, seems your having the hardest time doing that
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Hidden-Assassin

Yes, seems so. At any rate, I changed my mind. It was either add my (what could have been an entirely new topic in and of itself) rewrite/condensed summarization (the 2 new long posts you see on the previous page of this topic, or read it all as one long post at ign) to this post, or create an entirely new topic. What would you have done ? BTW, in the post I referred to above, I have eliminated all of the unnecessary/mostly irrelevant personal information that was in earlier posts, so you should really give it a fair read, as it is completely different from what you've read before.

Coldzboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 Coldzboy
Member since 2004 • 1960 Posts
Troll is successful.
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Hidden-Assassin

I am not sure who you are referring to when you say troll... However, my definition of a troll, when it relates to message board users, is certainly sooner someone like you who interupts someone elses topic, and has nothing beneficial to say/addfor the other forum users that are participating to gain anything out of your post. When you do it without any grounds/merit/justification to do so, you become a flamer as well, but not the good kind, rather just a nuissance to the rest of those of us still trying to carry on a meaningfull conversation insaid topic. But perhaps I'm wrong, and the definition of a troll, has indeed changed ?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 chaoscougar1

The 6 figure comment was a joke, concerning me individually at least. I made it clear I don't care about/have a need for money. It is all the principle of the thing. I'm right, they are wrong. I am to be compensated for my lost time, due to their inadequate testing and the resulting broken promises on their part. I am to be given a PC capable of handling this game flawlessly, so that I can finally get the experience I was promised to have with this product, out of it.

The 6 figures thing will only become true if this becomes a successful clas- action suit, and it is entirely in Bethesdas' hands to keep things from going that far. Beyond all of the above, they owe the general gaming population, and at the very least, their fan-base/customers that actually buy their games an explaination, along with a solution that rectifies this ongoing unresolved major game-breaking problem.

Also, if I do pursue this legally as an individual, my lawyers would certainly argue on my behalf (not that I would need them to, as I know plenty about the laws in this country, and my rights, and I can speak as good as I write) that I am also due compensation concerning the aforementioned distress/anguish/grief, etc. I suffered, due to all of the heartbreaking/disappointing bugs/etc. I was put through, during my time with said game. So, you wanted to know my grounds for a suit, if it goes that far, some of them are explained right there.

As I said in my primary set of initial posts... There have been many lawsuits in this industry over the years, and some far less-deserving situations' outcomes have been successful (even though they were actually quite dumb, from even my perspective), and didn't have anywhere near the sufficient grounds that mine would.

Hidden-Assassin

ahahahahah thats a joke right? your going to sue a developer because you put a ridiculous amount of time into a game that it seems you did not like? seriously if they were so 'heartbreaking' why play the game for so long?

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
all i can say if you can still put in 1500 hours into a game, then the glitches or faults cant be as unbareable as you make out.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
your obviosuily lying about how long you have played all these games. every game you mention you have played at least 500 hours which sounds like bs. also saying you have 10,000 arcade games on your pc which you have legit owned at one point or another, but really you never have owned legit 10,000 arcade games have you. stop over exgagerating. you would of been alot better off having a go at bugs in oblvion and not going on like your some gaming god with stuff you cant backup saints row 1 &2 keeps stats showing how long you have played i bet you cant even show 50 hours on both games on screen shots from your saves. your just guessing how much you have played games and coming up with stupid amounts of time because you cannot realistically come up with these figures off the top of your head. oblvion is another where you can just show us the stats you have played that long and i bet you wont. and you cant really blame any publisher or devs for not putting out patches that 3rd parties or home users have made for the games as offical patches. its a game thats 2/3 years old, they are hardly going to go back and knock patches out for it now at the end of 2009. get over it
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

No, seriously, these posts read like the inane self-important ramblings of someone that has just dove face first into a Scarface-worthy pile of nose candy.

Apologies if my analysis is incorrect, but I have heard and read very similar rants and ramblings from many a cokehead.

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Hidden-Assassin

Well... Here's an update. I had my lawyers over to have a sitdown (since I can't go anywhere, in fact, I have not left this building in over 6 months now, - sucks to be me), and we discussed the merits/etc. of this case. Two of the three seemed to be leaning towards the decision of not pursuing this (at least not as a clasz-action case, anyway), and it seems things continued to fall apart from there. They wanted to be sure of my intent, and, of course, what would be in it for them.

I couldn't give them any guarantees, and so we ended that conversation with a "let's give it 24-hours, and discuss it further at that point in time, to determine whether it was worth it or not". This uncertainty had nothing to do with whether we had enough evidence of their wrongdoing, or not, because we all agreed on that aspect of things, and felt that our case was strong in that area (between the posts on the main game-breaking bug from their own forums, and my game saves, and my excellent recollection of all related events, and the replies to my many topics on this, on forums accross the net, and the wiki that shows every one of the more than 2,000 known bugs in the game in detail, and just how serious many of them can be, etc, etc).

It had more to do with the amount of time it would take to go through the whole legal process, compared to (even in a best-case scenario, and winning the case) the outcome, and the potential for this to be tied up in the courts for (even) years, via appeals, etc. And we all seemed to come to the same conclusion at that point, that it just isn't worth the time that would likely be involved. I actually learned that there were not enough similar cases that they could study to use as guidelines/precedent for our own case, as well, which was disappointing to find out, because a rampant problem like this persists, due to the fact that so few have pursued such cases.

So, while it may look like the big companies win again, because no one is willing to put forth the effort and time necessary to make the needed changes to the ways things are done in this business, concerning these types of situations, like what I was subjected to.... In actuality, our voice has been heard through these writings, if nothing else, and I believe we will see some changes (for the better) in this industry, that will be clearly evident in the coming years.

If someone (of the, what should be many who should be fed up with the way things are done now concerning inappropriate usage of patches, unfinished/bug-filled software being released, etc.) who has, not only the understanding of the importance to want to change these things, but will also be able to live long enough to bring the much-needed new laws into effect (that will help to facilitate said changes), ....... blah blah blah, it's all just a pipe dream. There evidently isn't anybody else that cares about this like me out there, at least not enough to do anything substantial towards changing it, especially if my topic replies are anything to go by. Why did I bother?

The fact is, it seems so many of you are satisfied with the way things are going as they are now, that you could care less for anything to change. You would rather get the game earlier, rather than have it play smoother, and have all of the bugs worked out. But know this... Three years from now, when you finally get your precious Elder Scrolls 5 game from Bethesda, and I'm taking my last breaths, I will be better off in my situation at that point in time than you will be. And the worst part of it is that you will realize that, once again, you only have yourselves to blame.

Because I am certain that they have not learned from their mistakes (of course, how can they consider them as mistakes, having achieved what they evidently set out to do, duping all of you into going out and buying their unfinished/insufficiently tested game) with Oblivion, and you will be facing many similar frustrating bugs in any new game that is released by them, because they know they can get away with it. But that is only the beginning of the problem people. You will soon see (actually, it is already happening) other companies making competing products, who will attempt to take the same shortcuts/etc., thus shortening development cycles, and saving them R&D dollars, at your expense.

By that time it will be too late to change things, and as I said, you will only have yourselves to blame. As for me.... in a few days, I will be turning off Oblivion for the last time, and breaking the disc in two. I'm tired of all of the aggravation and frustration I've experienced with this game, and it's just finally time for me to move on. All of this, certainly hasn't been a help to my heart-condition, blood-pressure situation, etc., nor any other aspect of my deteriorating health for that matter. It will be a long time before I try to help others help themselves, again, if ever.

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Amazing game. Great story, very compelling gameplay and awesome graphics. One of my favorite, too bad my copy is too old and bad.

Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts

Another word of advice, posting a wall of text like that rather than getting your point across in a paragraph will cause most people to NOT read it....

firefox59

He acheived that

McChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 McChillin
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

I can only imagine what would happen if the TC played two worlds.....

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

I like how TC thinks he is somehow more intelligent and superior to us.

Your numbers are clearly exaggerated.

And if you have supposedly never had a job or driven a car, then how do you pay for for you 1/2 a million dollar house?

According to the math I have seen posted there is no way you would be able to eat, sleep, and work out (since you say you do).

You are clearly a troll.......

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TheMightyHoov

I will give you one thing. This thread did make me laugh xD

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 chaoscougar1

ahahahahaha omg i laughed at your sit down with your lawyers, because they would have laughed at you too (if they actually exist). Sueing a game developer because you spent 1500 hours trying to find everything wrong in the game and trying to get compensation for your 'mental anguish' ahahahahhaha awesome

MrTorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MrTorry
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

I'm having a hard time believing you.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I skimmed through this thread and I'm shocked that this thread isn't more popular. Easily one of the best threads of the year. By the way Oblivion is fun. ;)

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheMightyHoov

I skimmed through this thread and I'm shocked that this thread isn't more popular. Easily one of the best threads of the year. By the way Oblivion is fun. ;)

craigalan23

lol. I agree.

Easily one of the most entertaining threads I have seen xD

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Vuurk

lol. I agree.

Easily one of the most entertaining threads I have seen xD

I'm just incredibly surprised that this thread hasn't been locked due to trolling. I guess he does a good job of appearing to be serious.

Its probably due to him posting in several paragraphs xD

Avatar image for RagnarokWarrior
RagnarokWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 RagnarokWarrior
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Geezus. This guy is seriously delusional. I refuse to go through every single one of his "Post Monsters" he writes. Man. Life must suck for this gent.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#130 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Wow tc do you have a life? 6000 hours into game 1, 4500 into game 2, 3000 into game 3,4,5, and 6, 2000 hours into game 7 and 8... Are you serious?

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TheMightyHoov

TC=troll

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#133 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

10,000! Vegeta would be floored

RadioGooGoo

Hurr hurr

:lol:

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Hidden-Assassin

You still don't seem to get it, and I know it is a waste of my time to try to explain it any further. As I said before, if enough people would have gotten together to complain about the many problems in the game, 2 years ago instead of now, something could/would have certainly been done. Now, it is too late, and Bethesda is quite happy that is the case. You'll see what I mean, when their next game comes out, with a lot of the same still-unresolved types of problems, followed by many patches until they decide to cease support altogether. At that point in time, you will once again, just be stuck with whatever bugs remain, and will only have yourselves to blame for it.

Everyone seems to think that suggesting to those of us that have dealt with the worst of the bugs, to just buy a sub-$1,000 PC, and get the PC version of the game, should be the answer. Just because the PC gaming community took the time to not only document, but then beyond that, 'fix' every bug in existance in the game, unlike any game that has ever been released before (that level of fan support, or bugs), does not make 'that' the right answer.

But... if Bethesda had any sense whatsoever of pride, or just doing what would have been the right thing to do to please their many dissatisfied customers (like they should have) or to please its' fans, they would have taken advantage of that opportunity, where those aforementioned PC users did all of the hard work for them, in not only bringing to their attention the scope/scale of said problems, but also showing them what areas of the code needed the slight adjustments neccessary to properly deal with those problems, and they unfortunately chose not to do a thing w/ that opportunity, at my/our expense.

Had they instead, understood the importance of that one fact alone, especially when concerning the console version users of their software, they would have had a far better reputation than they do now concerning that aspect of all of this, and even people like me would not feel the way we do about that company now. And here I am now, owning Fallout 3 and all of its' add-on DLC's, dreading the fact that if I ever do play it, I am going to deal with more of these problems, that had we pursued the Oblivion thing at the right time, would not be the case now. Gamers are just too forgiving, and it is not at all like that in other industries, where the public holds companies to account for their shortcomings and failures, as they should. Oh well, at least I tried.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 chaoscougar1
tried way way too hard, i love it how you spent all this time complaining about Bethesda but low and behold "i own fallout 3 and all of its DLC," how can anyone take you seriously when you do that?
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Hidden-Assassin

I mean, for example, take the last few games that are currently showing as most recently played on my G-card profile/etc.

TDU shows over 300 hours of playtime, and having played it for that long and only having it freeze on me 2 or 3 times in all that time, and having played it as thouroughly as possible, owning every one of the 65 homes, and every one of the over 150 cars (including all of the DLCs' cars), and getting every achv. in the game -- shows the effort (unlike in Oblivion) that went towards eliminating as many bugs as humanly possible (like Bethesda should have, rather than taking advantage of the post-release patching option), which was even more difficult for them to do, due to the added complexity/testing of the online components of the game as well.

And long story short, the other two, GTA4 and Srow2, I can say I put the same (300 hours each) time into, having not had more than 5 crashes in each game (whereas Oblivion crashes for me 3 times in 1 sitting, in every play-session), in all of their respective playing times as well. More importantly, there were quite a few complex online-related modes/etc. that needed (and got) thourough testing in these games as well, the difference being, that even with that taken into consideration, and the likelihood (due to the testers having to be thourough also with online aspects of the games) of the testing teams sooner missing more things, and what you end up with is clear evidence of the hard work that was put in by those companies (unlike Bethesda) to prevent the gamers from having to deal with bugs/etc.

Being that so few patches had to be released after any of the above examples had been released, and beyond that a clear showing of continued support for those games and a noticable attempt to deal with every bug that cropped up (unlike Bethesda handled their main game), only goes towards further proof of my points.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chaoscougar1
do u even listen to what anyone has said? it seems you are in your own little world and just continue to ramble when 3/4 on here think you are a troll
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Hidden-Assassin

I know I am not a troll. I know what I said here is true. I know that I originally had good intent and purpose in saying all I said. And I now know, that it was all a waste of my time as well, thanks to ignorant people like you, that still don't understand the point of this topic.

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Hidden-Assassin

And about Fallout 3 (which I probably shouldn't have mentioned owning), I bought that over 6 months ago, that last time I went out, at that time not feeling the way I do now, about the company that made it, nor being aware of the many bugs it also has, that I have now been informed of, thanks to replies in my topics.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Thank you for your post Liam. Very true, but Oblivion, despite all of the problems one potentially faces as they play it, is still a must-play for anyone that likes open RPG's such as this. Without any doubt, still worth the time to at least experience the 1st 100 hours of it.

Hidden-Assassin
No it isn't
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]"Oblivion is one of the best games for this system" It's not even in the top 20LittleEnid

On who's list? Yours?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

Because it's number 5 on here, which does an average of the better-known reviewers' scores.

My copy freezes on occasion, but not often enough to prevent me from enjoying the game.

I don't care. It's still a horrible RPG in a soulless world and a black mark on the Elder Scrolls series.
Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Hidden-Assassin

Anyways.... That pretty much covers everything. Please join me in my next topic, which will be titled....

Please help me stop playing a game I once loved, but now hate.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 chaoscougar1

I know I am not a troll. I know what I said here is true. I know that I originally had good intent and purpose in saying all I said. And I now know, that it was all a waste of my time as well, thanks to ignorant people like you, that still don't understand the point of this topic.

Hidden-Assassin

you're right i dont, because you constantly bash a game that you admit to playing for 1500 hours and then say your going to sue the devs? its a joke, you have taken this thread and the game way too far from the first post, most people have lost interest/think your a troll

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Hidden-Assassin

Got Fallout 3 and all 5 DLC's installed, should I start the game this way?

Is it known to be safe to start the game out with all of the DLC's installed from the start, like you can with Oblivion without any problems... Or... Is it better to play it bare-bones as is, and add the DLC's one at a time (perhaps even in a certain order ?), After the main game is completed ?

Also, in Oblivion, they notified you of the DLC-related contents' availability and how to access it, even if all 10 items were installed at the start of a new game.... Does Fallout 3 have a way of doing this ?

Hidden-Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Hidden-Assassin

What is this troll stuff you speak of. I did nothing more than try to accurately state my true unfortunate experiences with the game. What is wrong with that ? Yes, I'm a bit long-winded in my way of writing it all out, but I try to be as thourough and accurate when describing what I went thru, mostly with the hopes of others having a better understanding of everything I was trying to say.

Oh well. I sooner consider a troll-caller like yourself a troll, due to the fact that by your calling attention to that non-fact, you have been unsuccessful if you are attempting to contribute anything helpful/needed to the other users/readers in said topic. If you can't understand that, then you are beyond my help, and truthfully, I just don't care anymore.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 chaoscougar1

What is this troll stuff you speak of. I did nothing more than try to accurately state my true unfortunate experiences with the game. What is wrong with that ? Yes, I'm a bit long-winded in my way of writing it all out, but I try to be as thourough and accurate when describing what I went thru, mostly with the hopes of others having a better understanding of everything I was trying to say.

Oh well. I sooner consider a troll-caller like yourself a troll, due to the fact that by your calling attention to that non-fact, you have been unsuccessful if you are attempting to contribute anything helpful/needed to the other users/readers in said topic. If you can't understand that, then you are beyond my help, and truthfully, I just don't care anymore.

Hidden-Assassin
lol oh i doubt that, you care a lot, hence the massive topic and essay posts. I am honestly still trying to decide whether you are a troll or not, because if you are a troll, bravo, it is an extreme amount of effort you have put in here. Thus i doubt you are a troll, but then i actually read your posts and think that you cant be serious when writing this. Hence why i am confused
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#148 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

A few tips to you from a fellow writer. Less parentheses, abbreviate (especially that terrible 4 line parentheses wonder), and then relax. Maybe not in that order.

I agree with you, in part. First of all, if the bugs were so bad as to make the game a 'buyer beware' issue, why did you invest 1500 (are you serious?) hours into it? Second, telling people this in a multi-paragraph probably-a-thousand-words rant will appeal to... hardcore gamers. Who, if they're actually hardcore gamers, have already played the game (everyone has played this game). And third... and not to piss you off... but dude, swap a few choice words and you've got a drunken rant from a jilted lover about some ex-girlfriend he's still in love with, probably written around 2 in the morning on a friday night.

lazy_trash

Yea, mate. Essays make you sound helpful, intelligent, and boring. This is a gaming forum mate, tone down a little. Fix your fluctuation of tone from objective to angry, and also use some pathos. Gamespot is not English 3305 (3rd year English in University). But yea, I agree with you, there are a lot of bugs. That is why I only play this game at my friend's house, and have not bought it.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Anybody who feels the need to tell people at every fortunate opportunity that they 'dont lie' is a liar. Somebody obviously has an inflated sense of self-esteem here, because you're not a perfect human being.

And while you may not necessarily be 'lying' about anything here, you certainly are exaggerating and making small issues sound like much bigger ones than they really are. Some people consider that lying. I dont, but *do* know that its certainly disengenuous at the least.

And while I dont want to get personal about how I feel about someone who rants and raves about how horrible a game is and how much they hate the game that they've played for 1500(!) hours, I've gotta think that your priorities might not be straightened out very much.

Bottom line is that bugs/glitches or whatever, Oblivion is an insanely fun game. There are obviously some game-breaking issues that a small minority experience, and I feel sorry for those guys, but on the whole, most people get through the game with nary an issue. I know I put in 200 hours without anything that ever made me even slightly think to stop playing. Its *that* good of a game. Not perfect, but no game is, and small issues can be forgiven when everything else is just plain awesome.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#150 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Anybody who feels the need to tell people at every fortunate opportunity that they 'dont lie' is a liar. Somebody obviously has an inflated sense of self-esteem here, because you're not a perfect human being.

And while you may not necessarily be 'lying' about anything here, you certainly are exaggerating and making small issues sound like much bigger ones than they really are. Some people consider that lying. I dont, but *do* know that its certainly disengenuous at the least.

And while I dont want to get personal about how I feel about someone who rants and raves about how horrible a game is and how much they hate the game that they've played for 1500(!) hours, I've gotta think that your priorities might not be straightened out very much.

Bottom line is that bugs/glitches or whatever, Oblivion is an insanely fun game. There are obviously some game-breaking issues that a small minority experience, and I feel sorry for those guys, but on the whole, most people get through the game with nary an issue. I know I put in 200 hours without anything that ever made me even slightly think to stop playing. Its *that* good of a game. Not perfect, but no game is, and small issues can be forgiven when everything else is just plain awesome.

seankane

Agreed.