Nudity in 360 games?! Do people really want this?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Peter_Cheek
Member since 2007 • 640 Posts

It seems to me that we are inching slowly to a point were there may be nudity in more and more games. Now my point of view on this is .Why!? I do not play games to see nude scenes. If I want to see that there are other means to do so. I'm not a prude. I'm all for nakedbut It just dose not fit in gaming. I chuckle in my recliner if I see boobies in a game but at the end of the day if they were not in the game it wold not change the gaming experience. So why add them? Well usually to get people to buy lesser games just for the brief glimpse of nudity. People who are most likely under age. Granted I'm 32.If I were 13 maybe I'd be all about the occasional boobies.However I'm talking about adult games for adult gamers. As an adult is this something that you are interested in seeing more in games? If so why?

Also I'm only calling out 360 on this because I want to ask the 360 community.That community is the one I game with.If the other consoles want to do it that's fine.I don't play them.

kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

It seems to me that we are inching slowly to a point were there may be nudity in more and more games. Now my point of view on this is .Why!? I do not play games to see nude scenes. If I want to see that there are other means to do so. I'm not a prude. I'm all for naked :shock: but It just dose not fit in gaming. I chuckle in my recliner if I see boobies in a game but at the end of the day if they were not in the game it wold not change the gaming experience. So why add them? Well usually to get people to buy lesser games just for the brief glimpse of nudity. People who are most likely under age. Granted I'm 32.If I were 13 maybe I'd be all about the occasional boobies.However I'm talking about adult games for adult gamers. As an adult is this something that you are interested in seeing more in games? If so why?Peter_Cheek

I prefer not to see nudity in games. I dont like being distracted ;)

Flippedout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flippedout
Member since 2008 • 107 Posts
Frankly I don't think we need it much...but censorship is BAAAaaaadD!!!
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
Long as it's Hot naked Anime chicks
Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Peter_Cheek

Long as it's Hot naked Anime chickslge777

LOL

I_Object

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_Object
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Yes and No, Its still nudity you know;), On the other hand. Its kind ofunnecessaryin games. Only if the game is called Bokudake No kaijitsu on PSP, Or also known as ''My forbidden Fruit,, An adult erotic game. Although its still nudity. Most of the times it never adds ANYTHING to a game.
Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Depends. Nudity for the sake of Nudity it pointless, but if it fits into the game it's fine. But then again, Custer's Revenge without the Nudity would just be Custer without the revenge.
Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Peter_Cheek

Frankly I don't think we need it much...but censorship is BAAAaaaadD!!!Flippedout

Yes censorship is bad.

I think games should have as much freedom as blockbuster Movies have.I just wander if nudity is an avenue that gamers are looking for.

daboytroy1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daboytroy1000
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
as long as its relative too what were playing then i think its fine but non of this HARDCORE thing =]
G30R63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 G30R63
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
If you don't like nudity.. DONT BUY THE GAME!! Simple.
RebelLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RebelLoyalist
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
i do not think that we need nudity in videogames.
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
heck yes i want it
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
If it adds to the story, then I'm fine with it. Like, in Max Payne 2, you saw a boob. It added to the story. It was alright...and nice.
Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Peter_Cheek

If you don't like nudity.. DONT BUY THE GAME!! Simple.G30R63

I think it is safe to say that we all like nudity.The question is dose it fit in gaming.Not would you buy it or not.If it's a good game then yes we would buy it with or without the nudity but is the nudity necessary in gaming? Is it a tool to enhance the game experience or dose it feel more like a gimmick that dose not fit.

Thanks for your simple answer.Your contribution to this topic was very enlightened and not at all an obvious option.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
As long as they look nice....her rack i mine hen yea please put them in.
wii60own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 wii60own
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts
na nudity isn't needed but it depends where the nudity is use, just say in a strip club yer there should be nudity because thats where you would expect to see if. therefore you can go to the strip club to see nudity or dont go to the stirp club. but on the other hand if the nudity is forced on you jsut say random people in games with the things out lol and you cant choose wheather or not you want to see it, then i find thats wrong
shrink45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shrink45
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts

If it adds to the story, then I'm fine with it. Like, in Max Payne 2, you saw a boob. It added to the story. It was alright...and nice.Legendaryscmt

LOL I remember that! It's only in the PC version (I wonder why), I have the Xbox version also, but the camera stops panning back when you see Mona's bare ass.

As for my thoughts on nudity, it depends really. Max Payne 2 for instance has a very gritty noir story. The bloody action, the swearing and this nipple slip just makes this a great game with a mature story; much like a great R-rated movie like Die Hard. I say that if it gives developers a better "angle" from a character development or plotline standpoint, by all means do what you need to convey the story. Don't be afraid to censor your own art for the fear of rebuttal from parents. Odds are, this game is obviously NOT for little ones!

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Not needed if you really need to see some boob, go on the internet. Isn't that why it was created?:D
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
It's not needed. It's just their are guy's out their that arnt as soicialy active. As me or others so they feel they need some action to.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
it's not up to the gamers if a game has nudity ya know...
ZanyIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZanyIce
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
I'd be happy if every game had nudity.
SkytheWiz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 SkytheWiz1
Member since 2004 • 2618 Posts

I'm sorry, but where did this question come from?

I haven't noticed any such movement (I'm not saying there ISN'T one, but I haven't noticed any games that push the boundaries further than have been).

You say that games are pushing farther...which ones?

As for nudity, I don't think it's bad in a game, but it's like a movie...it's okay for nudity, but the majority of movies (and games) you get, you're watching (playing) for the action, not the nudity. As long as that's kept in mind by the developers, I see no real issue.

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
uuuu i dont really care, i think it would be distracting
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

[QUOTE="lge777"]Long as it's Hot naked Anime chicksPeter_Cheek

LOL

Rofl

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

depends on the type of game

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts

I don't know why any one would want this, I mean its cyber nudity. How dose any one get off on that?I would just love to hear some one talk about how "Hot" it was, Look at the pixels on her is something no one should here come out of a persons mouth.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Now a days i know people under 10 in GTA that walk into strip clubs so i wouldnt say that ESRB has anything to do with this I think the law is 13 and up may purchase an M game with a parent there or that wrote a note T games may not be purchased by someone under 13 unless a parent is there no note is allowed AO games you must have ID E games may be sold to anyone any time.

My therory if you are not old enough to have had the "talk" you shouldnt be able to purchase games that have "sexual" content.

woodyhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 woodyhou
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
I could care less if they do or not.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

I wouldn't have a problem with nudity in games as long as it is relative to what you're playing. I'm not talking like HARDCORE stuff that lasts like 15 minutes or something. The nudity scene in Mass Effect was relevant to what was going on; as well as the Max Payne 2 scene.

Like many have mentioned, it all depends on how it is being used in the game.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

I wouldnt want it. I play the games for the story and the gameplay, not breasts.

If I wanted to see nudity, then I'd either watch one of my brothers many teen slasher movies, or go onto the internet.

Edit- Im 16 if that matters.

RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

As long as it's used for effect, and it isn't naked females, I'm good. But if it's just boobs because they didn't know what else to put in the game, then it's bad (like in God of War, for example).

There are plenty of games out there that are good about having nudity without really showing anything, like the Shin Megami Tensei series and its various spin-offs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i don't like censorship, but as long as it isn't the main focus of the game or if it's over-excessive, then i'm fine.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

you have a point, there are much better ways to see nudity (how about real life), and it would only distract us from what's actually going on in the game. dead or alive 4 is about as much nudity as we need, imo.

If you really want to see boobies, please, get a girlfriend. It's much more rewarding in the long run.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts
If the nudity is relevant to the story, then I've nothing againt it. Like sex scenes in Mass Effect or Fahrenheit/Indigo Project. I wouldn't buy a game that's only feature is nudity.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

I don't know why any one would want this, I mean its cyber nudity. How dose any one get off on that?I would just love to hear some one talk about how "Hot" it was, Look at the pixels on her is something no one should here come out of a persons mouth.

xXmeatwad225Xx

totally agree.

ILikeGames001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 ILikeGames001
Member since 2006 • 1958 Posts
I remember a time in my life where I would do anything for a short glimpse of boobs. Now that I'm all grown up, it's like, "Yeah, so what?" I suppose if you're in the age range of 12-19, you're going to find any sort of boob exposure during the day welcoming: from walking down the streets to playing a video game. Personally I think the question of whether or not nudity should be in a video game is a question of who is the target audience? If it's young adolescents, then more than likely you're going to be seeing more and more nudity in video games.
Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Peter_Cheek

I'm sorry, but where did this question come from?

I haven't noticed any such movement (I'm not saying there ISN'T one, but I haven't noticed any games that push the boundaries further than have been).

You say that games are pushing farther...which ones?

As for nudity, I don't think it's bad in a game, but it's like a movie...it's okay for nudity, but the majority of movies (and games) you get, you're watching (playing) for the action, not the nudity. As long as that's kept in mind by the developers, I see no real issue.

SkytheWiz1

I said inching slowly.

Now there are some games dev's that are pushing sex such as Rockstar for one.I have noticed a lot more games with nudity listed along with gore,language and drug use as reasons for the M rating.From games you would not expect it like Max Effect to cheap games that I believe use it as a selling point because the game isn't good like Conan.

I guess I do not see anything wrong with it.I just do not see what the upside would be in the gaming genera.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

It's not something I even consider before buying a game

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes
BongMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BongMonkey
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

Really shouldn't matter.

More nudity needs to be everywhere! First off people need to be desensitized. We are all naked under are clothes. It's just being human. People shouldn't be offended by nature. Actually people should be able to walk around naked everywhere if they so choose. The only reason it's taboo and even a subject is that people have made it that.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
I don't care either way.
Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
If the game Double Roses XX had a nude patch... it would lean me more into buying it! :D
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
The more nudity the better. ^^
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

It seems to me that we are inching slowly to a point were there may be nudity in more and more games. Now my point of view on this is .Why!? I do not play games to see nude scenes. If I want to see that there are other means to do so. I'm not a prude. I'm all for nakedbut It just dose not fit in gaming. I chuckle in my recliner if I see boobies in a game but at the end of the day if they were not in the game it wold not change the gaming experience. So why add them? Well usually to get people to buy lesser games just for the brief glimpse of nudity. People who are most likely under age. Granted I'm 32.If I were 13 maybe I'd be all about the occasional boobies.However I'm talking about adult games for adult gamers. As an adult is this something that you are interested in seeing more in games? If so why?

Also I'm only calling out 360 on this because I want to ask the 360 community.That community is the one I game with.If the other consoles want to do it that's fine.I don't play them.

Peter_Cheek

My only response to this is who the **** cares? Are you a mother two 3rd grade children? Probably not so why do you care if you see a pair of digital boobies? Is it going to warp your fragile little mind? No, noone freaks out about nudity in R rated movies so who cares if M rated games have nudity? Its the same rating classifacation with a different letter attached.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
As long as it's not over-excessive,I'm okay with it.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Tons of nudity in games wont happen for a very long time. No developer will risk putting it in i mean look at what happened in Mass effect that was like no nudity yet tons of people went crazy over it. Even if there was loads of nudity i wouldn't care Duke nukem 3d had nudity and i didn't really mind. I didn't play the game for nudity i thought it was funny. I could careless either way if they make a game about nothing but nudity i wouldn't buy it but i certainly wont go crazy over it being made.
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
[QUOTE="Sedoras"]Depends. Nudity for the sake of Nudity it pointless, but if it fits into the game it's fine.

this
Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I prefer real nudity
Toriko42

Forum Posts