No way am I getting CoD: World at War now.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

First off I'm a big CoD fan, I've played all the CoD games on consoles. Just last week I finally got CoD 3 (after endless hours of CoD 4 and CoD 2 online) and I have to say it is pretty bad! The dynamic story feels like a just miss and the vehicles make it seem as if it's not a call of Duty game, the controls arn't very sharp and all the little mini games are bad and just shouldn't be there. On top of that there's lots of little kinks and glitches in SP that make it tedious, and you never have enough ammo to make it through half the level before you have to pick up a German weapon. I thought CoD 3 was going to be really good but it is way worse than CoD 2 in SP and about the same in MP in it's own right.

I was seriously considering getting World at War, but now there is no way I'm getting it, I can just picture all the little bugs and ideas that turned out bad in the game. So what about you guys, are you going to get World at War, and if so have you played CoD 3?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
They didn't have a lot of time to create COD3 but they had a lot more time to create COD:WAW and they're using the COD4 engine. I have high hopes for this game but we'll see.
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hickamie14
They didn't have a lot of time to create COD3 but they had a lot more time to create COD:WAW and they're using the COD4 engine. I have high hopes for this game but we'll see.craigalan23
They had two years to make the game, same time that IW had to make CoD2 and CoD4, and the same time they've had to make CoD: WW.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

They didn't have a lot of time to create COD3 but they had a lot more time to create COD:WAW and they're using the COD4 engine. I have high hopes for this game but we'll see.craigalan23

At first I was hesitant since it's the same company making World at War, but then I found out they used the CoD4 engine so I'm happy. CoD3 was started around the same time CoD2 was so they didn't get to use the CoD2 engine (which was sick) and that's one reason why it was junk. This one should be much better and from the videos I have seen I think it will be good. I am only renting it first though just to make sure they don't mess it up somehow (that would be quite the amazing feat if they screw up the CoD4 engine though).

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I never really was excited for it. It seems that every time a developer like Treyarch makes a game they try to add in something that appeals to the general public. For example, flamethrowers - all it seems like is a marketing strategy to try and get people to think, "WOOOWEEEE FLAMETHROWERS THAT IS REEEALY COOOL!"

But all these tools are purely cosmetic changes, to hide the fact that the general gameplay and shooting is loose and unpolished. It doesn't matter how much stuff you have but what good you make out of the stuff you already have.

Quality over Quantity is what I'm getting at I guess.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

I am going to do what I always do: And that is to wait for reviews.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes it will suck since its Ww II
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]They didn't have a lot of time to create COD3 but they had a lot more time to create COD:WAW and they're using the COD4 engine. I have high hopes for this game but we'll see.Hickamie14
They had two years to make the game, same time that IW had to make CoD2 and CoD4, and the same time they've had to make CoD: WW.

I hate to tell you, but Treyarch only had 11 months to produce Call of Duty 3.
FierceWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FierceWarrior
Member since 2008 • 415 Posts

eh, COD 4 has better graphics than COD: WAW. Why would i get a game with badder graphics than COD 4? waste of money if you ask me.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
yeah exactly. however i'm not getting it.... i cant stand ww2.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nicknees93

eh, COD 4 has better graphics than COD: WAW. Why would i get a game with badder graphics than COD 4? waste of money if you ask me.

FierceWarrior
yeah. the FUN factor has no effect right? wow...
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I lost interest the moment I heard it wasn't being made by IW.
FrostyMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FrostyMD
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
Eh, I just never really liked the Treyarch COD games. It felt like they were just trying to get out of Infinity Ward's shadow, and failing at it.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nicknees93
Eh, I just never really liked the Treyarch COD games. It felt like they were just trying to get out of Infinity Ward's shadow, and failing at it.FrostyMD
exactly. cod 3 and big red one were abominations.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#15 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I really doubt World at War could turn out any worse than 4 did. Im probably going to get it, it actually looks like a step forward for the series.
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
I had the same feelings at first, but watching it, I can see its more like Call of Duty 2 style World War 2. At least, thats what I hope.
I just hope the multiplayer doesn't suck like Call of Duty 3.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i'm not realy thinkin gabout getting it either. i got excited to hear thier making another game but it isn't made by the same people who made cod4 and its going to be another world war two shooter. i got pritty tired of them just playing metal of honor game fo rthe ps2.
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts
I'm not too excited for another WWII game, I'm sure it wont be horrible but i wont be picking it up first thing, i'll wait for it to go down in price some.. especially with Gears2 coming out
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

my thoughts exactly.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
It has co-op, so I will probably get it.
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CharlyMurphy
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts

hmm i didnt know cod and the big red one were made by treyarch. they were my fav games on the ps2. i hated CoD2 and CoD4 multiplayer is boring. guess im gonna have to get WaW

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
I hate the fact that they are going back to WW2 but they are going to be using CoD4 engine and it has flamethrowers which look cool. Also it's not going to be same old boring "Jerrys" but japs and russians from what I could see.
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts
No brainer purchase to me. Good to see CoD series returning to it's roots with WW2. The whole modern war thing was fun, but it didn't even feel like CoD.
legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

I think this game deserves a chance. I'm not saying that I'm going to run out and buy it on launch day, however, I don't think any game deserves to be bashed before it has been reviewed. There have been alot of games that have had next to none in the way of promotion that have turned out to be really good games. It also works the other way around, case in point Too Human. How much hype did we hear on that game and it turned out to be a dud? All in all, I'm just saying to give this game a chance. Let it come out, get a review and then make your decition on buying it or not. I think that perhaps Treyarch has learned from their mistakes and will make at least a half way decent game. It also doesn't hurt that it is being ran on the Call of Duty 4 engine.

By the way. What's the deal with people saying they hate World War 2? It may be over done, but the good WW2 games that have come out have been just that, good.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
I'm the first to nay-nay Treyarch, but to their credit, they had to pump out Call of Duty 3 in a year of development time. World at War got a full 2 years.
Cepasa221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cepasa221
Member since 2003 • 274 Posts
I think the ww2 setting is very overdone..
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I probably won't get it anyway.
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
i actually quite enjoyed cod 3
Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#29 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts

First off I'm a big CoD fan, I've played all the CoD games on consoles. Just last week I finally got CoD 3 (after endless hours of CoD 4 and CoD 2 online) and I have to say it is pretty bad! The dynamic story feels like a just miss and the vehicles make it seem as if it's not a call of Duty game, the controls arn't very sharp and all the little mini games are bad and just shouldn't be there. On top of that there's lots of little kinks and glitches in SP that make it tedious, and you never have enough ammo to make it through half the level before you have to pick up a German weapon. I thought CoD 3 was going to be really good but it is way worse than CoD 2 in SP and about the same in MP in it's own right.

I was seriously considering getting World at War, but now there is no way I'm getting it, I can just picture all the little bugs and ideas that turned out bad in the game. So what about you guys, are you going to get World at War, and if so have you played CoD 3?

Hickamie14

Let me get this right, you wont get World at War because you didn't like 3?

JaCkCraVer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JaCkCraVer
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

COD is one of the best FPS games but i think that activision made a huge mistake by announcing that COD 6 is gonna be

realesed at 2009 cuz people well say shoul we buy COD : World At War if COD 6 is gonna be realesed after couple months x_x

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

COD is one of the best FPS games but i think that activision made a huge mistake by announcing that COD 6 is gonna be

realesed at 2009 cuz people well say shoul we buy COD : World At War if COD 6 is gonna be realesed after couple months x_x

JaCkCraVer

Activision is turning into EA. I think Call of Duty is gonna be one of those yearly games, just like Guitar Hero(well, Guitar Hero gets like three games a year now, but you get my point).

htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
i can't see how the market for WW2 shooters is still massive, they can set it in the pas but why not make it something different like how about brining back vietnam if they want an old war.
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts

i can't see how the market for WW2 shooters is still massive, they can set it in the pas but why not make it something different like how about brining back vietnam if they want an old war.htotheo

Vietnam would be cool.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Dr_Snood

you can miss some really great games if you just stick to reading reviews and base your decision to buy a game off of that

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
I haven't never been that interested of WW-games. I've been eyeing COD4 for months but havent picked it up. There's been so many other great games and I'm hesitant to get it because I'm afraid that most people will start playing WaW.
I'd mostly get it for it's MP.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm looking foward to CoD: World at War which will/is created on the same engine as CoD 4.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

Dr_Snood

I do the same thing. Good to know I'm not alone.

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
i'll be getting it, and you might just be missing one of the games of the years.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I lost interest the moment I heard it wasn't being made by IW.Englando_IV

I think everyone knew before hand that it wasn't going to be made by IW just because that's the way it's always been.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
I'm not a fan of the WW games at all but this game looks pretty interesting to me. I enjoyed Modern Warfare and since this game is using the same engine it just might have potential. Definitely not going to get it right when it comes out but I plan on getting it.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I wasnt going to get it anyway, I thought COD4 was alright, the single player was way too short but very good. The online is where I didnt like as much, its not my kind of style I think it takes no skill and its just a run and gun which is something I dont like a lot. I am a more tacticle player having to use cover but not in this game. I still enjoyed playing some online but it wasnt as fun as something like Rainbow or GRAW
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I really enjoyed CoD 3. I like QTE for everything, to be honest. It's a nice little addition rather than just having plant bomb, run away. I think it's better to have a little game like that than nothing at all. Same with playing as a spotter for a tank, that part was pretty cool. Tell them where to shoot and they just nail the building the enemies are in. I thought the single player campaign was good.. I didn't notice any bugs, the campaign was interesting and there were some pretty epic battles. The last couple levels were INSANE, and one of the early levels where you're running around in a forest was pretty awesome too.

The multiplayer was decent for a little while.. I liked that they added a class system and I was able to play a medic, and playing in the tanks was pretty badass. I loved shelling out a building full of enemies. And the thing is, they weren't overpowered like in BF2 or anything. If you can get close enough to a tank then you can jump up and throw a grenade inside, which was pretty sweet.

So yeah, I don't mind Treyarch at all :P World at War looks like it's going to be really good. The Pacific Theatre is a nice change, flamethrowers are AWESOME.. they should be in more games :P You can burn vegetation and such which is pretty awesome as well. And last but definitely not least... 4 player online co-op. That's pretty much the deciding factor right there... I'm sure the campaign will be a blast with co-op.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts

yes it will suck since its Ww IInaruto7777

nah it won't suck will it

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hickamie14
[QUOTE="Hickamie14"][QUOTE="craigalan23"]They didn't have a lot of time to create COD3 but they had a lot more time to create COD:WAW and they're using the COD4 engine. I have high hopes for this game but we'll see.clayron

I hate to tell you, but Treyarch only had 11 months to produce Call of Duty 3.

Really, that's pretty amazing, can I get a link to that?
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hickamie14
No brainer purchase to me. Good to see CoD series returning to it's roots with WW2. The whole modern war thing was fun, but it didn't even feel like CoD.Tsunami23
To me it felt more like a Call of Duty game than Call of Duty 3 did with all the vehicles and mini games.
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hickamie14
[QUOTE="Hickamie14"]

Shacks210

Let me get this right, you wont get World at War because you didn't like 3?

Yea, it's like why when I get a book I really don't like I avoid the author or a Movie I dislike I avoid the sequels. Treyarch is developer whose style I hate, so there is no reason for me to get this game, especially since it looks like it's going to be a complete rip of CoD 4 with a few more features (that will probably have alot of problems), a few less weapons, and a old setting, and of course I can expect the same odd feeling cut-scenes and kinks in the game that made CoD 3 so tedious.
Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

I've basically given up on getting it: first it was announced it wasn't going to be modern day! Then it was announced there may be vehicles included! Then the huge list of other top games being released for christmas was released!

I'm thinking this will be a game to buy sometime next year because there are so many better looking games that are of higher priority.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

FierceWarrior
its using the same engine so the graphics wont be worse if anything they will be as good or better. u aint even played the game and the videos will only of been a low res not full hd so u really aint seen the full graphics from in game, just cut scene style clips
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#49 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
COD 2, 3, and 4 were all good, so will look into WAW.
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts

I'm still waiting for a Call of Duty game that focuses on a SP mode that's 20+ hours long.

If anyone can do it, Infinity Ward can. The original Call of Duty has my favorite FPS SP mode to date.