NEW Xbox 360 with BluRay - this year will be cheaper than current Elite price!!!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ateace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ateace3
Member since 2005 • 1188 Posts

Why? I don't see the reason to have an internal Blu Ray drive. Games can't utilize this because it will cause the 20 million people own the current system to buy a new 400 dollar system. I mean its great for watching movies, but then it may as well be an external blu ray drive.

I just bought a PS3, so I guess this news isn't that exciting for me lol.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
i just bought ps3 and bluray was part of the reason...i dont know why people are actually complaining about this... LOOK bluray won the war, not ps3 but for movies bluray won. Theres tons of bluray movies that we cant see unless we have a bluray player. Many people still buy ps3 for just bluray and just take advantage of extra features..With games for everyone and tons of movies to dl why would you be mad? theyre keeping up with ps3 in that side of sales and thats great. Mayve this means we can rent blurays on XBLM, whats wrong with that? sony doesnt own bluray..blurays best available. now people who are too cheap to buy 360 just for games will maybe buy one with bluray. WHEN YOU REGISTER PS3 THEY GIVE YOU A SHORT SURVEY ONE QUESTION IS WHAT IS YOUR MAIN USE FOR PS3, ONE ANSWER IS BLURAY..I COULD GUARANTEE A LOTTTT OF PEOPLE ARE SELECTING BLURAY... GOOD 360 DEF NEEDS TO COMPETE AS MORE THAN JUST A GAMING CONSOLE...
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
no i wouldnt trade it in cuz i have bluray on my ps3
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

SOURCE: http://www.xbox-scene.com/ (Top Story)

Main Article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/08/BUPF11383J.DTL

Learn to use common sense before broadcasting BULL**** on Gamespot. As long as there are people with intelligence like me, people like you will always FAIL.

w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
I won't because I don't watch movies. Period. :)
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

As far as it only being for movies - you don't know that at all. That's just like saying no 360 games would ever require a HD which is not true as well. In fact Conan (among a couple older games) does require a HD.

Packt

That's not a very good comparison/analogy. The Xbox hard drive could be purchased seperately at a later date (for core console owners). However, a Blue Ray Xbox would require a brand new purchase for much more money. Do you really think a game developer would want to lose out on the already established 360 console user base by making games reliant on a Blu Ray drive 360?

I agree with you - though I still think it's a good comparison. Here's why - I think the new consoles will have it built in. I also believe that IF MS does this they will also offer it as an upgrade drive so previous console owners have an easy upgrade path. Those are just my opinions though.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I bet the big announcement is adding Netflix?
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DataDream

SOURCE: http://www.xbox-scene.com/ (Top Story)

Main Article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/08/BUPF11383J.DTL

Learn to use common sense before broadcasting BULL**** on Gamespot. As long as there are people with intelligence like me, people like you will always FAIL.

ParadiseAwaits

WOW - you really out did yourself with that one - I only hope you come back and read my response.

First - it's nice how you try and elevate yourself and then provide misleading or faulty information. Why do i say that? Simple - do you know how to read? Did you even read the articles you posted links to? If you did read them you definitely aren't accustomed to how terminology and verbage works in this industry.

FIRST off - He DOES NOT deny anywhere the possability of BluRay in the 360. So the implication by your posting is invalid. What is said is that the Next Gen console that will replace the 360 won't have BluRay! Then he goes on to say that they aren't even looking at the Next Gen system yet (which we all know to be false from leaked reports inside MS). So how can he make this statement - because MS already knows that by the time the Next Gen console is released - there will be a better storage media than BluRay or everything will be DD - either way no BluRay for next Gen. Again though he never denies that the 360 won't have BluRay.

I also like how if you scroll further down in the article there are additional links from the Kotaku one i posted that cite MS is going to announce 360 BluRay tomorrow.

So I am not saying anymore now than I was earlier whether I think it will happen or not - as it's all just a rumor until tomorrow.

However when you try and elevate yourself by false implications - making it seem like you are SO smart for finding an article that doesn't back up your statements - I wonder...

I'll just leave it at that as I am above stooping to your level. So yeah I just wonder.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

My question is, why are people still falling for this? Do you realize how many times Kotaku.com has tried to push this rumor? I lost count myself, but at least 5 times within the last 12 months alone....They started before the HD DVD player for the 360 was even released. It's not going to happen, no matter how many times Kotaku tries to start the same rumor.

So you ask, why does Kotaku keep trying? Because people keep believing in the BS, which equals to website hits...which equals to ad revenue. *sigh* Some people are so gullible.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DataDream

My question is, why are people still falling for this? Do you realize how many times Kotaku.com has tried to push this rumor? I lost count myself, but at least 5 times within the last 12 months alone....They started before the HD DVD player for the 360 was even released. It's not going to happen, no matter how many times Kotaku tries to start the same rumor.

So you ask, why does Kotaku keep trying? Because people keep believing in the BS, which equals to website hits...which equals to ad revenue. *sigh* Some people are so gullible.

SuperBeast

I actually like kotaku - probably my 2nd favorite site, however...

You have a point about web site hits. That's kind of a shady way for them to do it. Guess that's why they rarely "reveal" their sources. :)

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Maybe. More than likely I would just buy the 360 Blu-ray player itself. Even if it costs more, I would still get it. I need a Blu-Ray player, and they would most likely have it come out in Black, and I hate that color. Also, I never trade in anything.
PRKiNG45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PRKiNG45
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Watch it be like $439.

Microsoft + Reasonable Price = Impossible.

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

I bet the big announcement is adding Netflix? DZBricktop

That's what I think also.

MS may have said they'll support BR, but I don't think they ever had any intentions what so ever. LOL.

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
nah my 360 is fine
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

So I'm curious how many of you will be trading in your current 360 to get one with BluRay when/if this actually happens?

This is coming from rumor control at Kotaku but allegedly from their source there will be a formal announcement tomorrow.

Personally I would trade in my Elite and upgrade - I would love to have BluRay in the 360. :)

Here's a link to the article:

http://kotaku.com/5014349/rumor-microsoft-to-announce-blu+ray-xbox-on-monday

We will see tomorrow for sure I guess.

:)

DataDream

Only if it still supported my HDDVD player addon that i wasted money on.

DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DaGamingGod
Member since 2008 • 1041 Posts
Ain't happening.
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts
Nah, ill keep mine, i have a PS3 for Blu-Ray
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

I'd buy it. BioShockOwnz

But don't you own a Playstation 3? Anyway, I hope it's blue :P

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JuanaSmoke
you guys do realize when your out of warranty you might get RROD. Maybe this version will be greatly improved to hardware failure. and dont worry they wouldnt start putting games on blurays bc they have absolutely no reason to.
Hopewellone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Hopewellone
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts

My theory: When the majority of games make use of the blu ray disc and are running in 60fps 1080p, Microsoft will already have their next console. So I don't think we'll see it this gen.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Its not true. I wouldnt doubt that the next xbox will use blu-ray, but they wont waste time with a blu-ray driven 360 this generation i dont think. Too many reasons why NOT to make it, and no good reasons why they should. I like how the article starts.....

"We have no confirmation or sourcing of our own on this,"

DZBricktop

Exactly. How will this affect the people who wont be able to make the upgrade jump? Will it allow regular dvd games to be played? All the games we have on the Xbox 360 are dvds, so how will this work? This would have been a good move at launch but we're mid-way into the 360's life span. This will just piss off a lot of Xbox 360 owners. I guess they're right when they said the PS3 will take over in 2009 because Microsoft is going to be flooded with a lot of phone calls and angry hate mail. Personally, if you're going to make a system blu-ray, you should have done it from the start.

Will this be in external drive like the hd dvd drive we had before for the 360? All these questions but no answers and I highly doubt the answers are going to be good news to 360 owners. Are they saying that we all will have to sell our 360s in order to keep up and play 360 games? That would be the dumbest thing Microsoft has ever done.

I think some of you guys are mistaken. More than likely it will be an "add-on" and not a built-in Bluray Xbox 360. That would be stupid and crazy. Think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e38d0513f4b
deactivated-61e38d0513f4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-61e38d0513f4b
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
Are we completely forgetting that Microsoft PUBLICALLY announced that they were NOT going to add Blu-Ray to this generation of Xbox? Why are we still circulating these rumors?
JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JuanaSmoke
microsoft never says that anything will NEVER happen so idk what you guys are all talking about...They may have said that prior rumors were false and not happening but they never said it would never happen.
kyrissbp82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kyrissbp82
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
The rumor is BS. Simple as that. If MS did make a BD player, it would be a peripheral.
sykalob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 sykalob
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts

who cares for blue ray i only care for gears of war The best game in the world sooooooooo far

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
Blu-Ray is only to watch Blu-Ray movies so what is the point? Blu-Ray hasnt won the format war since were stil in the standard DVD age and it will be years before a successor is needed. By then another format might have been developed that is better. I'm not going to waste money on a Blu-Ray player and expensive Blu-Ray movies. I know that future movie players will have a build-in DVD player since DVD is huge but Blu-Ray might stil be forgotten by time. For PS3 owners the Blu-Ray player is useful for gaming itself, but that will not happen for 360 or 18 million gmers will sue them. Standard DVD stil does what it needs to do and it's going to be enbough to last this generation.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

Blu-Ray is only to watch Blu-Ray movies so what is the point? Blu-Ray hasnt won the format war since were stil in the standard DVD age and it will be years before a successor is needed. By then another format might have been developed that is better. I'm not going to waste money on a Blu-Ray player and expensive Blu-Ray movies. I know that future movie players will have a build-in DVD player since DVD is huge but Blu-Ray might stil be forgotten by time. For PS3 owners the Blu-Ray player is useful for gaming itself, but that will not happen for 360 or 18 million gmers will sue them. Standard DVD stil does what it needs to do and it's going to be enbough to last this generation.ronnet

LOL. Some of you guys (including you) need to research some information about Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray players. First of all, if Microsoft does make another Xbox 360 with built-in Blu-Ray, it would only be for movies and would also be able to play DVDs. Secondly, have you forgotten the time when VHS was slowly replaced with DVD and back then, DVDs were much more expensive and not many people bought them until it became mainstream. That is basically what Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray players are doing. Soon, most people will not be using DVD no more. And, Blu-Ray has already won (even against HD-DVD) and is the next-gen format for movies and other types of entertainment.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JuanaSmoke

[QUOTE="ronnet"]Blu-Ray is only to watch Blu-Ray movies so what is the point? Blu-Ray hasnt won the format war since were stil in the standard DVD age and it will be years before a successor is needed. By then another format might have been developed that is better. I'm not going to waste money on a Blu-Ray player and expensive Blu-Ray movies. I know that future movie players will have a build-in DVD player since DVD is huge but Blu-Ray might stil be forgotten by time. For PS3 owners the Blu-Ray player is useful for gaming itself, but that will not happen for 360 or 18 million gmers will sue them. Standard DVD stil does what it needs to do and it's going to be enbough to last this generation.ISuperGamerI

LOL. Some of you guys (including you) need to research some information about Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray players. First of all, if Microsoft does make another Xbox 360 with built-in Blu-Ray, it would only be for movies and would also be able to play DVDs. Secondly, have you forgotten the time when VHS was slowly replaced with DVD and back then, DVDs were much more expensive and not many people bought them until it became mainstream. That is basically what Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray players are doing. Soon, most people will not be using DVD no more. And, Blu-Ray has already won (even against HD-DVD) and is the next-gen format for movies and other types of entertainment.

he is right 100%..bluray has won idk where you have been.but yes dvds still are good enough and you can wait to get one just like people waited to get regular dvd players..now theres one in every house.lol and dvd will last this generation but it is not this gen it is last gen..we dont play on regular dvds if you thought so...and sue them for what? hahaha its funny how uneducated and childish people are.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I'm pretty sure that this story is NOT TRUE.
6constantine9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 6constantine9
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts

So I'm curious how many of you will be trading in your current 360 to get one with BluRay when/if this actually happens?

This is coming from rumor control at Kotaku but allegedly from their source there will be a formal announcement tomorrow.

Personally I would trade in my Elite and upgrade - I would love to have BluRay in the 360. :)

Here's a link to the article:

http://kotaku.com/5014349/rumor-microsoft-to-announce-blu+ray-xbox-on-monday

We will see tomorrow for sure I guess.

:)

DataDream

I think (or at least hope) that they have an add-on...

WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts
Nah, my 360 has been good to me.:D I am planning to buy the PS3 soon anyway. If this is true, they should also do a price cut.Gytex
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I'm willing to bet my house that there will be no internal BR for the 360. It just makes NO sense to do so. All the arguments have been made in this thread already, so I'm not going to type out why its a bad idea for MS to do so.

On the other hand, if anything is going to be released today...its possibly a Zune Phone or something. All I know is that my cousin is an engineer at MS...and he says he works in their Cell phone division (hardware related). Now...as far as my knowledge goes, MS has no hardware released under their own name. So maybe expect something there. I would've asked him more, but I respect his professionalism, and I wasn't about to drill him with questions regarding information I don't need to know.

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
i already have a ps3, so there would be no point in upgrading my 360 since the blu-ray drive will still not play games.
mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
I doubt this will happen.
If it does however, I guess I'll trade my original and buy a BluRay one.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts
[QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"]

[QUOTE="ronnet"]Blu-Ray is only to watch Blu-Ray movies so what is the point? Blu-Ray hasnt won the format war since were stil in the standard DVD age and it will be years before a successor is needed. By then another format might have been developed that is better. I'm not going to waste money on a Blu-Ray player and expensive Blu-Ray movies. I know that future movie players will have a build-in DVD player since DVD is huge but Blu-Ray might stil be forgotten by time. For PS3 owners the Blu-Ray player is useful for gaming itself, but that will not happen for 360 or 18 million gmers will sue them. Standard DVD stil does what it needs to do and it's going to be enbough to last this generation.JuanaSmoke

he is right 100%..bluray has won idk where you have been.but yes dvds still are good enough and you can wait to get one just like people waited to get regular dvd players..now theres one in every house.lol and dvd will last this generation but it is not this gen it is last gen..we dont play on regular dvds if you thought so...and sue them for what? hahaha its funny how uneducated and childish people are.

Exactly. I also forgot to mention that I have a PS3 for Blu-Ray movies and the image quality is 10x better than DVD. I run my PS3 at 1080p and watch Blu-Ray movies which look beautiful. I would also NOT trade my Xbox 360 for the new one.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DataDream

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'd buy it. Locke562

But don't you own a Playstation 3? Anyway, I hope it's blue :P

Yes i do have a PS3 as well. I still find this interesting. Things like the MGS arguement for space consumption as a reason it won't be on the 360 would become irrelevant if MS started releasing games on BR. It's all speculation - and i would say at this point now JUST A RUMOR again - because it's past the time MS was supposed to announce and what they announced was that MS Office will now support Open Source document formats. Yay! LOL :P

lasberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lasberry
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
Robbie Bach, in an interview, already stated that Microsoft is not considering Blu-Ray for any console, now or next-generation. He did leave it open that MS was working on a motion-controller. When asked, "Is MS working on a motion-controller?," he responded by saying, "We're working on a lot of things."
semour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 semour
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

so much for the BS u fed us... NOTHING LIKE THAT WAS ANNOUNCED!!!!

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Nah, I was planning on getting a PS3 soon anyways so there would be no need for a Blu-Ray 360. Hell I play on an SD-TV more often than my HD at the moment so I wouldnt even need blu-ray for awhile.
jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
ive just bought a HD-DVD for my 360,and iam happy with that, thanks but no thanks.
farid96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 farid96
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
mabye i might
HonestShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points