New Xbox 360 Slim Revealed?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Looks like the cat is out of the bag:D...Actually looks pretty cool.

Link

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Hard to tell by that image if it's any 'slimmer'.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
does the word fake mean anything to you? .. .. .. a 12 year old could mock this up in 30 minutes
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KC_Hokie
does the word fake mean anything to you? .. .. .. a 12 year old could mock this up in 30 minutespenpusher
I think it might be fake. The 250 gb HDD is internal? MS has gone out of their way to keep the harddrives external especially for Zune.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="penpusher"]does the word fake mean anything to you? .. .. .. a 12 year old could mock this up in 30 minutesKC_Hokie
I think it might be fake. The 250 gb HDD is internal? MS has gone out of their way to keep the harddrives external especially for Zune.

Are you sure you mean hard drive?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="penpusher"]does the word fake mean anything to you? .. .. .. a 12 year old could mock this up in 30 minutesJaysonguy

Are you sure you mean hard drive?

Yes. Harddrive. It's internal according to those pictures.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
looks bigger to me...
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

does the word fake mean anything to you? .. .. .. a 12 year old could mock this up in 30 minutespenpusher

Well the best part is we won't have to wait long for a confirmation;)...Microsoft has seen how well the "other console" has done since it was slimmed down and revamped so I see no reason why they wouldn't follow suit...New Xbox plus Natal at E3 for maximum marketing.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts
Hard to tell by that image if it's any 'slimmer'.KC_Hokie
it does if you pay attention. look at the disk tray, and look how big it is compared to the rest of the xbox. i think it looks more "xbox-ish" you know? it resembles the original more which is a good thing IMO
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Looks fake to me, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie

it does if you pay attention. look at the disk tray, and look how big it is compared to the rest of the xbox. i think it looks more "xbox-ish" you know? it resembles the original more which is a good thing IMOtaterfrickintot
Looks very fake to me. Especially without an external hard drive. It looks like someone took at known picture of Natal, stretched it out and copied and pasted an elite disc drive onto it. They failed to add an external hard drive to the picture however.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
Hmmm, I don't really like it.
remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Engadget has the story too: Link
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Im 99.9 percent sure its not fake
remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Im 99.9 percent sure its not fake raylewisnfl52
I agree... we'll see tomorrow!
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KC_Hokie
Im 99.9 percent sure its not fake raylewisnfl52
Looks pretty fake to me.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Above all else, it still doesn't have an internal disk drive like the PS3 and Wii? How lame...
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie
Above all else, it still doesn't have an internal disk drive like the PS3 and Wii? How lame...Elian2530
According to the 'Italian ad' it does. But an internal hard drive doesn't make sense now for any xbox 360.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elian2530
[QUOTE="Elian2530"]Above all else, it still doesn't have an internal disk drive like the PS3 and Wii? How lame...KC_Hokie
According to the 'Italian ad' it does. But an internal hard drive doesn't make sense now for any xbox 360.

Oh ok.. I didn't see that. Thanks! Well that makes sense but yeah, an internal hard drive.. not so good. This clearly explains why they put out the flash drive update..
JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

Yea it does look cool but it doesnt look better than the design of the 360 now.And it doesnt even look very slim from that angle.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KC_Hokie
Oh ok.. I didn't see that. Thanks! Well that makes sense but yeah, an internal hard drive.. not so good. This clearly explains why they put out the flash drive update..Elian2530
This would be the first xbox 360 with a hardrive that couldn't be upgraded and/or portable. Which doesn't make sense.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I think an internal HDD could be the reason why the flashdrive firmware update was made.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elian2530

I think an internal HDD could be the reason why the flashdrive firmware update was made.

dovberg
It's quite obvious. In the end, I dont know if this will be a good or bad thing. I just HOPE it functions properly. I wouldn't want internal harddrive failure to be the new RROD.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Elian2530"]Oh ok.. I didn't see that. Thanks! Well that makes sense but yeah, an internal hard drive.. not so good. This clearly explains why they put out the flash drive update..KC_Hokie
This would be the first xbox 360 with a hardrive that couldn't be upgraded and/or portable. Which doesn't make sense.

Internal HDD =/= unupgradable. Just look at the PS3(I know, I know, I shouldn't be mentioning it). It has an internal HDD that can be upgraded.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KC_Hokie

Internal HDD =/= unupgradable. Just look at the PS3(I know, I know, I shouldn't be mentioning it). It has an internal HDD that can be upgraded.

Phoenix534

The ability to upgrade the PS3 hard drive with ANY hard drive has nothing to do with the fact you can't upgrade an MS hard drive with a non MS hard drive.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="dovberg"]

Elian2530

It's quite obvious. In the end, I dont know if this will be a good or bad thing. I just HOPE it functions properly. I wouldn't want internal harddrive failure to be the new RROD.

hard drive failures are ridiculously uncommon.

MS imports their HDDs from Western Digital as well. I'd be one to say it simply 'name brand hard drive'

ip0wnN00I3zl0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ip0wnN00I3zl0l
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Ugh what are they thinking? That thing is hideous.

Magstroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Magstroyer
Member since 2010 • 785 Posts
Looks nice, but I'll stick with my Elite
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

That looks ugly. Positively and downright ugly. Looks like a PC gaming tower. I really hope that isn't it

It isn't slimmer by what i can tell

Internal HDD? wifi built in? I guess we all wanted that BUT i can't see MS giving up on accessory sales

I'd guessed a slim 360 that old HDDs still fit into (thinner, shorter but long enuff to fit them on the top) and maybe a bundled WiFi adaptor that still plugs into the USB, but internal?

I have a hard time believing they introduce a new Wireless Adaptor, new HDD sizes and 3-6 months later make them obsolete by putting them in all 360s and reliquishing all the profits to be made from accesorry sales

Just a bad business idea

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

KC_Hokie

The ability to upgrade the PS3 hard drive with ANY hard drive has nothing to do with the fact you can't upgrade an MS hard drive with a non MS hard drive.

We don't know anything about this not even confirmed model. It could use a laptop HDD just like the PS3 for all we know.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
It looks like someone put a heatgun on an xbox 360.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KC_Hokie

That looks ugly. Positively and downright ugly. Looks like a PC gaming tower. I really hope that isn't it

It isn't slimmer by what i can tell

Internal HDD? wifi built in? I guess we all wanted that BUT i can't see MS giving up on accessory sales

I'd guessed a slim 360 that old HDDs still fit into (thinner, shorter but long enuff to fit them on the top) and maybe a bundled WiFi adaptor that still plugs into the USB, but internal?

I have a hard time believing they introduce a new Wireless Adaptor, new HDD sizes and 3-6 months later make them obsolete by putting them in all 360s and reliquishing all the profits to be made from accesorry sales

Just a bad business idea

darth-pyschosis
Exactly what I'm thinking. It doesn't make sense for MS.
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

It looks very weird and very un slim like. Its bent inwards, the power buttons like in the middle, and I cant tell but it looks like their still usingatray based disc drive. Not that impressive and if this is true, im actually dissapointed. Built in Wifi would be great. Also, if the HDD is internal, whats going to happen if you want a bigger HDD? can you switch it out ala PS3?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HavocV3

It looks very weird and very un slim like. Its bent inwards, the power buttons like in the middle, and I cant tell but it looks like their still usingatray based disc drive. Not that impressive and if this is true, im actually dissapointed. Built in Wifi would be great. Also, if the HDD is internal, whats going to happen if you want a bigger HDD? can you switch it out ala PS3?

XboximusPrime

you can switch out harddrives with the current models. limited to specific brand, though.

but I've said too much:o

don't know if I can be modded.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Like some fellow xbox owners here , I don't think it's true for the very reasons you specified, and c'mon our only source is an ad from an italian site?Wasn't this kinda big news(if confirmed) , I'd get only laughter if I posted this.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Well its really the final push for the 360, they have to do something new for sales for it so they can get as much money as possible, its only going to last another 2-3 years before they annouce a new xbox
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

HavocV3

you can switch out harddrives with the current models. limited to specific brand, though.

are you just pulling taht out of your ass, or is that true?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HavocV3

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

XboximusPrime

are you just pulling taht out of your ass, or is that true?

never

read the ratings towards the bottem.

he mentions PCworld, that's how I know of it.

Obiwan456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Obiwan456
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts
No no no no, they can't releae a redesign! I just about have the money for the elite spring bundle, and I'm really pumped to get it, and this comes up? I dont' need the wifi though, and the space isnt a huge concern, plus I really prefer the old design... yeah, I'll just stick with getting an elite instead of the 360 Ugly.
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

it still wont come with wifi probably hahacjasko94
Ummm the ad confirms wifi... Do a little digging before making yourself look awesome

kthxbai

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Look at all those air vents. They're huge!!!! No way this things is overheating. For the people who say, it fake, it's not. It came from the Italian Xbox website. That's the problem with timezones, when you tell them to release it on Monday, they're gonna release it when it's Monday their time, not when the Xbox press briefing happens. Microsoft of Italy should've been told to put up the image on Tuesday.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KC_Hokie

Look at all those air vents. They're huge!!!! No way this things is overheating. For the people who say, it fake, it's not. It came from the Italian Xbox website. That's the problem with timezones, when you tell them to release it on Monday, they're gonna release it when it's Monday their time, not when the Xbox press briefing happens. Microsoft of Italy should've been told to put up the image on Tuesday.

LoserMike
Those air vents are another reason why I question if it's real. If you set that on it's side you will have tons of dust going into the console.
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
That thing looks wicked i hope my 360 dies so i can buy that :) if my 360 dosnt die ill buy it and put my old 360 in my moms room :)
mudfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mudfrog
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

Not quite sure what to make of this one It does seem odd to put the vents on the top so when it's horizontal dust will easily get inside. Hmmmmmmm

However it does make sense to push this until the new M$ console comes out. Look at past records of consoles. Quite a few have gone down the path of slimmer models. Not long until we know for sure wheter this is real or not.

Also what about the controller? Will that be the same design? I like the current one just fine.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

I think it looks hideous.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

That looks pretty ugly, but maybe it's like the ps3 slim and looks a lot better in person.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Enough with the "SLIM" moniker. This isn't Playstation. It's a redesign. I would assume that this model is more reliable than past models. And really, isn't that what's most important?