New Halo: Reach Map Pack

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

3 new maps have been announced for Reach today. Hopefully no one has posted this already :P Maps look good!

Here's the link:http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=29224

With these maps, Bungie includes more achievements worth 250G and they release November 30th.

Maps are as Follows

Anchor 9

Tempest

Breakpoint

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Those look pretty awesome! Not much of a fan of Anchor 9, but we'll see in time.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I really like the look of tempest. Reminds me of the map Infinity from the PC version of Halo: Combat Evolved.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Looks deadly. Now let's see the price tag.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vashkey

Looks deadly. Now let's see the price tag.

speedfreak48t5p
800 ms points.
Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

I won't be buying this map pack, this should really be free seeing as halo reach already lacks maps to play on and all the maps are really really small.

3 maps + 250 gamerscore + 800MS points = not worth it!!!

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

glad the maps are big. I wish the maps had more interactive stuff likes gates opening and closing or bridges forming.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 orb_03_2006

I won't be buying this map pack, this should really be free seeing as halo reach already lacks maps to play on and all the maps are really really small.

Getix-01
Ok... The game has tons of maps. Sure, most of them are just variants of forge world, but still maps. So it did't launch with 75645534534 maps? Oh well. Most games don't even launch with 5 maps. Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. So I think it's worth it. The Halo 3 map packs were $10 and only had 3 maps, but yet they were worth it. And besides, the maps are freaking huge!!!
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vashkey

Getix-01

If you count the forge variants included on disc Halo Reach has more maps than any other Halo game did at launch. And each of those variants feel like completely different maps so I think it's fair to count them.

And there are plenty of big maps in Reach. Hemorrhage, Paradiso, Spire and Boneyard.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
@orb_03_2006 I agree with your points, but I think Gears launched with more than 5 maps.
__Chris__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 __Chris__
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts

[QUOTE="Getix-01"]

orb_03_2006

Ok... The game has tons of maps. Sure, most of them are just variants of forge world, but still maps. So it did't launch with 75645534534 maps? Oh well. Most games don't even launch with 5 maps. Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. So I think it's worth it. The Halo 3 map packs were $10 and only had 3 maps, but yet they were worth it. And besides, the maps are freaking huge!!!

I don't know of many shooters that launched with less than five maps and the ones you listed had more than that. Besides does that really justify 800MS point price tag.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
breakpoint looks like a dead ringer for avalanche
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Getix-01"]

__Chris__

I don't know of many shooters that launched with less than five maps and the ones you listed had more than that. Besides does that really justify 800MS point price tag.

be thankful they havent followed MW2's pricing strategy
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vashkey

[QUOTE="Getix-01"]

orb_03_2006

Actually, I'd say most games do ship with more than five. I'd say it's usually around ten, which Reach is close to, more than that if you count the forge variants. I'd say Reach ships with a fair amount of maps and it makes up for any short comings with the forge map editor. I wouldn't use Gears as an example and certainly not Call of Duty. Gears 1 shipped with ten and Gears 2 shipped with fifteen counting the free map pack it included. Most of the Call of Duty games ship with around fifteen maps.

As for weather the map pack is or isn't worth it, personally I don't think three maps for ten dollars is really a good price. I mean, you could purchase an entire xbox live arcade game or a movie for that much. Now, it is pretty much standard and fair, I guess, if you compare it to the standard prices for map packs. It's not like Bungie is doing anything unheard of here, it's regular practice. Still, I'll probably chump up and buy it since I'm a big Halo fan and I'd probably get my money's worth because I'll probably play them alot, but it's definitely not a good price for the average joe whom only sits down to play some matches on the weekends occasionally.

__Chris__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 __Chris__
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts

[QUOTE="__Chris__"]

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"] Ok... The game has tons of maps. Sure, most of them are just variants of forge world, but still maps. So it did't launch with 75645534534 maps? Oh well. Most games don't even launch with 5 maps. Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. So I think it's worth it. The Halo 3 map packs were $10 and only had 3 maps, but yet they were worth it. And besides, the maps are freaking huge!!!chaoscougar1

MW2's map pack prices are ridiculous. They have the best selling game of all time but the can't just give us some maps, no lets charge 1200 MS points... not to mention some of the maps are just old ones ported over.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vashkey
[QUOTE="__Chris__"]

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"] Ok... The game has tons of maps. Sure, most of them are just variants of forge world, but still maps. So it did't launch with 75645534534 maps? Oh well. Most games don't even launch with 5 maps. Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc. So I think it's worth it. The Halo 3 map packs were $10 and only had 3 maps, but yet they were worth it. And besides, the maps are freaking huge!!!chaoscougar1

I'm not sure MW2's map packs are really as bad a deal as people make them out to be. The standard deal is three maps for ten dollars. You take ten and divide that by three and you're paying roughly three dollars and thirty three cents per map. With MW2's map packs you're paying fifteen dollars for five maps. Divide fifteen by five and you're paying a solid three dollars a map. So you're saving over thirty cents per map. The thing is though, the price is harder to swallow. No one stops to consider how many maps they're getting and for how much. Either way I say both prices for both amounts of maps is too much.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BLAS1AN

Its upsetting what the industry is doing to us gamers. Reach makes 200 million + and charging us extra for maps that were strategically excluded from the disc. HALO 2 DLC was handled the best. you had a choice of buying it early, wait for a DLC disc or wait until there all free.

back to topic. considering I play Reach almost everyday the $10 will be forgotten quickly. and I gladly support Bungie because they do a lot for the community.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vashkey
How do you know these maps were purposely left out? You should focus your anger at publishers instead of devs though. It's the publisher that decides the map pack prices. You can still wait for price drops and free releases. It'll take significantly longer than it did for Halo 2 but if you feel strongly about it thats probably what you should do.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Be cool if it was free for people who bought the Legendary edition.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ_Magneto

Its upsetting what the industry is doing to us gamers. Reach makes 200 million + and charging us extra for maps that were strategically excluded from the disc. HALO 2 DLC was handled the best. you had a choice of buying it early, wait for a DLC disc or wait until there all free.

back to topic. considering I play Reach almost everyday the $10 will be forgotten quickly. and I gladly support Bungie because they do a lot for the community.

BLAS1AN
IMO, this is hard to say. It's easy to think that any DLC could have been added to the original game, but you can't accuse every game and every piece of DLC of that. We don't know the circumstances of the development cycle. I know it does happen, I don't deny that. There are some games with content already on the disc but our purchase is basically just to unlock it (RE5). But I look at a game like Reach get praised for the amount of content and game modes that it already has. Is it so hard to think that games like this or games like Mass Effect 2 are legitimately adding content post release? I think the model for developing games now is to plan for DLC. So I'm sure these maps were in development before release. Same with Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption DLC. I'm sure a lot of the DLC was already in development before release. But if we waited for all of this content to get finished we still wouldn't be playing any of these games today. Release dates would be getting pushed back further and further than they already do now. Maybe this is the problem that Gran Turismo 5 is facing right now. Could they have released earlier this year without needing the thousands of cars they promise? Could they have added the extraneous content later? Maybe if they did, people wouldn't be complaining that this game is getting delayed yet again.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
3?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

3?TrapMuzik92

Yes. 3 maps

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Here's the deal. The publisher can make A LOT more money if they take out a couple of maps for resale later on in a map-pack. It only makes sense (from a business standpoint) to do so. Sure, some gamers will be mad, but they'll get over it and the publisher will get more money.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BLAS1AN

How do you know these maps were purposely left out? You should focus your anger at publishers instead of devs though. It's the publisher that decides the map pack prices. You can still wait for price drops and free releases. It'll take significantly longer than it did for Halo 2 but if you feel strongly about it thats probably what you should do.vashkey

Yes I know it's Microsofts (publishers) doing. I always wait for the prices to go down or free. not because I cant afford it but because I dont agree with the charges.

you really dont think DLC is purposely left out? they would have to leave it out to make more money. This is MS strategy. Just like when they bought the rights to MW2 and GT4 DLC early release

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"]How do you know these maps were purposely left out? You should focus your anger at publishers instead of devs though. It's the publisher that decides the map pack prices. You can still wait for price drops and free releases. It'll take significantly longer than it did for Halo 2 but if you feel strongly about it thats probably what you should do.BLAS1AN

Yes I know it's Microsofts (publishers) doing. I always wait for the prices to go down or free. not because I cant afford it but because I dont agree with the charges.

you really dont think DLC is purposely left out? they would have to leave it out to make more money. This is MS strategy. Just like when they bought the rights to MW2 and GT4 DLC early release

I don't see how it's so hard believe that Bungie developed these maps after they completing the game. I mean, it's not like theres any evidence pointing to other wise. Either way, does it really matter? I'd say Reach shipped with a fair amount of content.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

DJ_Magneto

IMO, this is hard to say. It's easy to think that any DLC could have been added to the original game, but you can't accuse every game and every piece of DLC of that. We don't know the circumstances of the development cycle. I know it does happen, I don't deny that. There are some games with content already on the disc but our purchase is basically just to unlock it (RE5). But I look at a game like Reach get praised for the amount of content and game modes that it already has. Is it so hard to think that games like this or games like Mass Effect 2 are legitimately adding content post release? I think the model for developing games now is to plan for DLC. So I'm sure these maps were in development before release. Same with Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption DLC. I'm sure a lot of the DLC was already in development before release. But if we waited for all of this content to get finished we still wouldn't be playing any of these games today. Release dates would be getting pushed back further and further than they already do now. Maybe this is the problem that Gran Turismo 5 is facing right now. Could they have released earlier this year without needing the thousands of cars they promise? Could they have added the extraneous content later? Maybe if they did, people wouldn't be complaining that this game is getting delayed yet again.

I agree that not ALL DLC is held back on purpose. you make a good point with reach. It is packed with game modes and map editing capabilities to make the purchase worthy. but to your point that the content didnt make it on time for the disc..In this case then dont you thiink the DLC should be free or the game should have a lower price? (I know its not going to happen)

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"]How do you know these maps were purposely left out? You should focus your anger at publishers instead of devs though. It's the publisher that decides the map pack prices. You can still wait for price drops and free releases. It'll take significantly longer than it did for Halo 2 but if you feel strongly about it thats probably what you should do.vashkey

I don't see how it's so hard believe that Bungie developed these maps after they completing the game. I mean, it's not like theres any evidence pointing to other wise. Either way, does it really matter? I'd say Reach shipped with a fair amount of content.

Yes. Reach is already a worthy purchase for what it provides on disc. what makes me think DLC is with held is the Kane & Lynch DLC 2 weeks after game release and content already on Res Evil you pay extra for.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

istreakforfood
You can get it for free if you do the bing rewards. I've currently got 600 MS points through in and in about a week should have 200 more. All it takes is time i've mindless searching through bing each take. And that is the only reason I am buying this, because Microsoft is essentially paying for me to have the maps :). And no Bing Rewards is not a scam. Just google it or bing it (that sounds slightly wrong). What I really want, besides a good official remake of Hang'em High, is more Invasion maps. It is disappointing that only 1 of the new 3 will include Invasion variants. That makes the total for invasion maps go to what, 3?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="__Chris__"]

__Chris__

MW2's map pack prices are ridiculous. They have the best selling game of all time but the can't just give us some maps, no lets charge 1200 MS points... not to mention some of the maps are just old ones ported over.

I was just using 5 as an example. I meant to say that in general, no game is gonna ship with some 20 maps or anything. Every game starts out small, and then works it's way up. Look at Halo 3; it has at least 25 maps or so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Where's my Headlong remake >:(

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

What I really want, besides a good official remake of Hang'em High, is more Invasion maps. It is disappointing that only 1 of the new 3 will include Invasion variants. That makes the total for invasion maps go to what, 3?Agent_Kaliaver

you didnt like the hang 'em high remake on bungie file share? there perfect

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"][QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

What I really want, besides a good official remake of Hang'em High, is more Invasion maps. It is disappointing that only 1 of the new 3 will include Invasion variants. That makes the total for invasion maps go to what, 3?BLAS1AN

you didnt like the hang 'em high remake on bungie file share? there perfect

I saw that remake. It is pretty awesome. What a throwback. I hadn't been on that map in years.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks that Tempest looks exactly like that one "Race" level? And why is everyone so happy that these maps are so big? They will just turn into sniper fests with the DMRs.... Smaller maps are better cause at least you can find people.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Usually I would say this isn't worth it, but it's Halo.

It's already a far superior game compared to MW2 and Medal of Honor. I'm probably going to be playing it for years. So this is a must buy for me.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

definitely not paying $10 for 3 maps. The game only had I believe 8 maps when released? And a few were made out of forge. Bungie is getting greedy, so I'm going to sell Halo for $45 and get a new game.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

10 bucks for 3 maps is too much money the only way i will fork out the money is if i cant play with my friends without it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chaoscougar1

Where's my Headlong remake >:(

NevecLP
so so so so concurred, god i hope this map comes out soon/eventually
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Uh, already? Ugh, I guess I'll think about it. I'll probably end up buying them eventually.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#39 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
Damn... I better get those last 2 achievements before it comes out... lol.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

I would love it if Bungie included some classic halo 3 maps like the pit or narrows in future map packs

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaoscougar1

I would love it if Bungie included some classic halo 3 maps like the pit or narrows in future map packs

superapo
bugger the halo 3 maps, halo 2's maps were insanely better, i would prefer a flashback map pack from that era
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="istreakforfood"]

Agent_Kaliaver
You can get it for free if you do the bing rewards. I've currently got 600 MS points through in and in about a week should have 200 more. All it takes is time i've mindless searching through bing each take. And that is the only reason I am buying this, because Microsoft is essentially paying for me to have the maps :). And no Bing Rewards is not a scam. Just google it or bing it (that sounds slightly wrong). What I really want, besides a good official remake of Hang'em High, is more Invasion maps. It is disappointing that only 1 of the new 3 will include Invasion variants. That makes the total for invasion maps go to what, 3?

How does that work exactly? Bing rewards.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 orb_03_2006
Uh, already? Ugh, I guess I'll think about it. I'll probably end up buying them eventually.Wakanoid
They come out at the end of next month. So like 2 1/2 months for a map pack. Sounds reasonable.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="superapo"]

chaoscougar1
bugger the halo 3 maps, halo 2's maps were insanely better, i would prefer a flashback map pack from that era

yeah i would also like to see terminal and foundation in reach as well
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

i cant wait for this

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Probably wont get these until some time next year. Black Ops comes out in November so I will more than likely be playing that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
This might get me back into Halo Reach and subscribing back to XBL. It's hard to justify subscribing to XBL when I only play Gears of War 2. :( Maps look really awesome.
MajorCause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MajorCause
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
How many MS points to get these.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
I wonder if the achievements are tied to the maps?
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BLAS1AN

^

800 MS points = $10

250 achievement points are added