This topic is locked from further discussion.

swordking148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 swordking148
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts
The new patch is going back to gow1 multiplayer. gow1 multiplayer sucked because it required no stratagy. before gow2 the shotgun was weak and required more stratagy to play the game not it just sucks. i hope they fix this soon because i loved the old way better. comment on what you think
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Jaguar_Shade
Member since 2009 • 5822 Posts
I miss the old warzone rules for Annex :( I don't like execution mode at all.
yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts
i find gears 1 better and only play gears 2 for horde or campaign with some mates
RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

The new patch is going back to gow1 multiplayer. gow1 multiplayer sucked because it required no stratagy. before gow2 the shotgun was weak and required more stratagy to play the game not it just sucks. i hope they fix this soon because i loved the old way better. comment on what you think swordking148
It's not going back to Gears 1. The shotgun is staying as it is, Epic has said that plenty of times. Why don't you post a link to support your claims?

Oh and Gears 2 takes strategy? Throw smoke, two-piece the guy and if you're the last person alive run back to frags/poison and tag them to the wall.

While I agree it takes more strategy than Gears 1(shoot 4 to 5 bullets and get the active with your shotgun then rush into the middle, if you're host, just run into the middle because you dont need actives) that doesn't mean Gears 2 takes strategy. Oh and if you're host in Gears 2 you can just run in without throwing smoke and two-piece or you can just rev your chainsaw and walk in because there's no stopping it unless the other person uses their chainsaw. Unfortunately for us skilled gamers, Epic made it easier for you nubs because you don't get stunned when trying to melee or chainsaw, you can just keep walking with no penalty.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
R U AFRAID??
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Eh, I traded that game anyways. It pissed me off so much online.
PJthePlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PJthePlayer
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

Gears of War 2 was garbage before the patch.

Thankfully a patch came out and now it's...

Still garbage? Yep.

Gears of War 2 is terrible, and the whole thing you said about strategy literally made me laugh out loud. Gears of War 2 requires strategy? What? For the love of God if you think Gears of War 2 requires strategy then PLEASE do not ever play a game that actually requires strategy, like Left 4 Dead. You would probably be very confused. Neither Gears of War 1 or 2 require anything remotely resembling strategy. It's a run and gun game for people who don't like strategy. This is coming from a huge Xbox 360 fan, and Gears of War 1 is probably my most played game on Xbox Live. Gears of War 2 was a total disappointment and I haven't even played it since some time back in December. I don't know what the attraction is, but Gears of War is literally INFESTED with little kids with filthy loud mouths and lousy parents. If I hear another 10 year old boy whose voice very obviously broadcasts that he hasn't reached puberty yet screaming at me for taking his sniper rifle, I am going to go insane.

Strategy... lmfao.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Gears of War 2 was garbage before the patch.

Thankfully a patch came out and now it's...

Still garbage? Yep.

Gears of War 2 is terrible, and the whole thing you said about strategy literally made me laugh out loud. Gears of War 2 requires strategy? What? For the love of God if you think Gears of War 2 requires strategy then PLEASE do not ever play a game that actually requires strategy, like Left 4 Dead. You would probably be very confused. Neither Gears of War 1 or 2 require anything remotely resembling strategy. It's a run and gun game for people who don't like strategy. This is coming from a huge Xbox 360 fan, and Gears of War 1 is probably my most played game on Xbox Live. Gears of War 2 was a total disappointment and I haven't even played it since some time back in December. I don't know what the attraction is, but Gears of War is literally INFESTED with little kids with filthy loud mouths and lousy parents. If I hear another 10 year old boy whose voice very obviously broadcasts that he hasn't reached puberty yet screaming at me for taking his sniper rifle, I am going to go insane.

Strategy... lmfao.

PJthePlayer
Don't confuse the intentions of a game, with how the public plays it. Just because most people run and gun in Gears of War, doesn't mean that Gears isn't MEANT to be a stop and pop, taking cover kinda game. It requires a ton of strategy, people just choose not to use it. Same can be said with Halo. Most people just run around, strafe dancing, while the skilled players take them out from a distance. I do this all the time in COD 4. I'm an assault rifle user, so I usually keep my distance, and just pick off the SMG guys running around as if they were playing Halo. Every FPS out there has a strategy to it. Unfortunately, for the most part, the Live community plays every game as if it were Halo.
PJthePlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PJthePlayer
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

The reason why I said what I said is because in Gears of War 2 running and gunning is actually rewarding, and you can actually win with that tactic. Trust me, I've done it myself, lol, just pull out the chainsaw and massacre the entire enemy team like you're Rambo. If you try that on a game that requires strategy, you will lose. In Call of Duty 4 people may do that, but you will notice they die a lot and almost never win. Strategy implies that you will actually have to work with your teammates to win. That's why I like Left 4 Dead... if you don't work with your teammates, you WILL die.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

The reason why I said what I said is because in Gears of War 2 running and gunning is actually rewarding, and you can actually win with that tactic. Trust me, I've done it myself, lol, just pull out the chainsaw and massacre the entire enemy team like you're Rambo. If you try that on a game that requires strategy, you will lose. In Call of Duty 4 people may do that, but you will notice they die a lot and almost never win. Strategy implies that you will actually have to work with your teammates to win. That's why I like Left 4 Dead... if you don't work with your teammates, you WILL die.

PJthePlayer
Most definitely. But the same is true with Gears. If you're playing with your teammates, you've got a good shot at winning. Like I said, it's just how the community chooses to play. Certainly reflects on the types of players on Xbox Live, too.