New 360! E 64 error code included...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goostoff4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Goostoff4eva
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey everybody. For almost a year now, I've been wanting a 360, and the fact that my two best friends have one doesn't help either. So, for months I saved up my money and finally, December 26th, 2007, I had enough to buy it! So I go out and buy a 360, four controllers (I have brothers) and some games, the whole shebang.

I get home, start setting it up, and begin to play. Next day, I turn it on and I get a RLOD on the bottom right section (when it is on it's belly), followed by a black screen saying "System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support." and at the bottom it says "E 64"

Does this mean that my long anticipated 360 is dead? Do I send it in to "Micro$oft"? Is there an easier fix?

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
No, I'm trying to remember what 1 red light means.... I think it just means something isn't connected right or something. If it is broken though, being this soon afet purchase I would take it back to where you bought it and swap it out, not send it to M$.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
Well it will play, but you'll have to turn it off and on to get it to run. I suspect it will have a ton of freezing problems too. Thats exactly what happened to my last refurbished 360 I was sent after I pulled it out of the box and plugged it in. Just get it over with and call MS and get a new one.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
the easier fix would be to take it back to the store, you are well within your return period. just get a new one man.
dooby95286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dooby95286
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
i would bring it back to whereever you got at and as for a exchange i believe you have like 90 days or sometin if it isint workin.
unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Error E64: DVD Drive Error (DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, Dvd is without firmware chip, etc.)

You didn't try to mod this 360, now did you?

Goostoff4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Goostoff4eva

Wow, got posts fast :P

No, I didn't try to Mod it, my friend broke his that way, so I wasn't gonna even try.

And for the return thing, I also had to return my copy of Halo 3, but they said I couldn't because I didn't "purchase a return guarantee" or something like that -.-

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts

No, I didn't try to Mod it, my friend broke his that way, so I wasn't gonna even try.

And for the return thing, I also had to return my copy of Halo 3, but they said I couldn't because I didn't "purchase a return guarantee" or something like that -.-

Goostoff4eva
What? They should at least exchange it for a new one. Where did you buy it at?
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts

Does it look like this? My 360 got knocked over and landed right on the HDD and bounced, it destroyed my HDD and this was the message I got.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

uh.... that is a load of **** if i have ever heard it. there is no return purchase garauntee required. by federal law they have to take returns for a certain period of time...

that is ofcourse if you live in the US... if you dont, i have no idea.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Goostoff4eva

Yeah, the game you can't return unless it's actually defective. The system, however, can be returned and exchanged as long as you're within the store's return policy. Otherwise, get ahold of Microsoft Xbox support and take advantage of your fabulous 3 year warranty. :)
Goostoff4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Goostoff4eva
I'm in Canada, I always thought that there was a return thing, but they wouldn't let me return my H3... And ya, that's what it looks like, except the code is E64 and not E68
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Yeah then your best bet is returning it, you should have anywhere from 7 days to 3 months depending on where you got it. I had a PRP so I swapped Xbox's and kept my HDD only to find out it was my HDD that was broken and not my Elite. On the plus side I got Marvel and Forza, which to me = free monies.
Goostoff4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Goostoff4eva
Hmmm.... I just did a web search and discovered a way to find a hidden error code... so I did it and I got Error Code 1000, which somebody said is caused by a certain chip being broken... :S confirmation on this?
fabio_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 fabio_21
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907536 has information on one red light.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

By law, they have to exchange both the game and the console. Electronic devices cannot be guranteed 100% of the time sinse they are factory manufactured.

You may have to make a stink depending on what store you purchased it at, but they cannot deny you an exchange if they sold you a defective product. They are obligated to honour an exchange if the product was defective right out of the box. They can deny you a refund, but they can't deny an exchange. You also don't have to purchase a "return guarantee" unless it's an extended warantee of some kind.

What store did you buy it from by the way? I too am from Canada.

Goostoff4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Goostoff4eva

By law, they have to exchange both the game and the console. Electronic devices cannot be guranteed 100% of the time sinse they are factory manufactured.

You may have to make a stink depending on what store you purchased it at, but they cannot deny you an exchange if they sold you a defective product. They are obligated to honour an exchange if the product was defective right out of the box. They can deny you a refund, but they can't deny an exchange. You also don't have to purchase a "return guarantee" unless it's an extended warantee of some kind.

What store did you buy it from by the way? I too am from Canada.

chefstubbies

Maybe I should have explained it a little better. The Halo 3 disk wasn't defective, it was destroyed BY the console (nobody told me you couldn't move the 360 from vertical to horizontal while playing :( ) And I bought it from EB Games.