Morrons on xbox live

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 corb77
Member since 2003 • 464 Posts

I'm putting this topic up because i used to love going on xbox live with my head set on and having a laff with others :) ......but there's a darkside to this topic and its complete morrons on xbox live.....

We've all had it, you go on a game and there's some fool singing in a really high pitched voice or someone team killing for his own sick pleasure and glitchers!

There are well too many people like this on live so many infact that i've stopped using my mic because there are so many fools on it... Well i wont to hear your storys about xbox live. Good or bad.

PS: i know there's banta on xbox live i'm not botherd about that i'm on about the really p***ks lol

tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
Yep. some people do that. I go on with friends and just talk to them. Theres also a mute button
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 corb77
Its a shame its so ruined by these people, My girlfriend got loads of abuse of some guy the other days just because she kicked his butt at rainbow six lol ....he was pritty affencive though...but half the time there's nothing you can do about these people i tend to just chat with friends now and not bother chating when i'm playing on live now.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts
Jerks are present everywhere...Live is horrible because their is no real accountability. Anyone can say anything (and they do) with little to no recourse. Oh...I'm gonna report you. I reported people for a while but it just seems useless since their is no feedback system from Microsoft. I just simply give those individuals bad feedback and avoid them in the future.
sleepy357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sleepy357
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players.
kall5ter08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kall5ter08
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts

i don't use mine either

you get people with their mics too close that u can here them breathe lol

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts

Personally i find it all quite funny.

Maybe because its the cliche become reality or maybe its because what they are saying is funny...sometimes...

alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
I hate team killing a lot...
mosdef_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mosdef_basic
Member since 2002 • 7619 Posts
I've actually quit in the middle of a game because of annoying people it wasn't even fun.
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts
And the last horse crosses the finish line... bravo... Everyone knows everyone on XBL is a mor-on. Now if you excuss me, I'm gonna go on XBL :P
kall5ter08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kall5ter08
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts

I hate team killing a lot...alexpkmon

me too u get medics on cod3 killing u then respawning you then killing u again when u get up

and they repeat that lol

_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts

A world without A-hole is not a reality, but a dream

:(

BillFleXXX4458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 BillFleXXX4458
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
yea, i dont even use mine anymore unless im playing with friends. i hope that if these a**holes realize that nobody is listening, then they will stop eventually (doubt it, but worth a shot). Or maybe just wait for the kids to mature?
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
I think that Xbox Live should have something like a do not play list. Gamers who have low rep. should be on a list that people can stay away from.
bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigse63xy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
Haha at first i thought this said Mormons on XBL.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts

I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players. sleepy357

I'll agree with that, much of the time I am in the top 3 in COD4. I don't fee; the need to make those who are not as good feel bad. Itespecially irritates me when someone who is just starting out comes in & people thrash them & tell them they suck & they got owned etc.... U have to start somewhere, ususally at the beginning. Takes time to get the hang of it & practice to get good at it. Also, there is such a thing as a casual gamer, someone looking to have fun who's entire life does not revolve around video games. I am proud to be one of those.

bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigse63xy

[QUOTE="sleepy357"]I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players. RaptorVenom

I'll agree with that, much of the time I am in the top 3 in COD4. I don't fee; the need to make those who are not as good feel bad. Itespecially irritates me when someone who is just starting out comes in & people thrash them & tell them they suck & they got owned etc.... U have to start somewhere, ususally at the beginning. Takes time to get the hang of it & practice to get good at it. Also, there is such a thing as a casual gamer, someone looking to have fun who's entire life does not revolve around video games. I am proud to be one of those.

Get pwned

bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bigse63xy
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"]

[QUOTE="sleepy357"]I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players. bigse63xy

Get pwned

You call yourself a casual gamer but you have 10,000 gamerscore and are typing on a video game forum.

Solidshark21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solidshark21
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
I seem to have a similar situation to all of you. I don't really have any friends that i know who play xbox360 on live and so i have to play other players. A lot of the players just say the most offensive stuff and even if i turn off my mic I still have to try to figure out if im playing with the type of person who is going to be mad at me because i'm the last person on he field fighting if its in a game like gears of war or if they are going to kick me just because i'm too good and they would rather play with their buddy instead. Often i feel as though i cant win for trying. I wish i could play with people more like minded and friendly. You know the type who wont disconnect in the middle of the game if they're going to lose the round or the type that have to go on racial or political tirade. The kind who just let you play and have fun.
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 corb77

I think i've come to terms with a-holes on xbox live its just the fact that they seem to pull you in even when you try and ignore them....in fact when you do ignore them they seem to start shouting and whisleing down the mic.

I also hate being kicked from a game for doing well or doing bad on a game, some gamers spend there hole life on 1 game and become great at that game then think there big or cool for putting others down....make's you wonder if these people are the quite ones or the one's who get bullyed and its only over xbox live they can give people S**t ....still its not funny when people are abuseive to each other and i dont get it, I love alittle bit of banta and fun but there is a line and far to many so called "gamers" really dont have respect for one another....what ever happened to good compatition and respect between gamers.......ahhhhh.....

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Learn to use the mute function. Its there for a reason. You don't even have to wait for the match to start.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Xbox live ruined my life - some bloke was on rainbow six finished EVERY sentance with "Ya heard"

He did a complete running commenrty of what was happening in game....."I've just shot someone, ya haerd" "I've been shot, ya heard" "I'm respawning, ya heard" (You get the picture)

Annoying, but actually kinda funny in a dumb was....until I found that "Ya heard" had been somehow imprinted in my brain! Whenever i explain something now, in my head at the end of the sentance, I can't help but say "Ya heard"

It only happens in my head, but its Fookin annoying and I can't stop myself! - ya heard?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
I don't even bother to plug my mic in unless I'm playing with friends.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
online gaming is the breeding ground for tools
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 angryfodder

I have to admit that I like some of the really dumb conversations and piss taking on XBL - it appeals to my sense of homour.

I just don't like the people that moan and send feed back when they lose

Scalemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scalemaster
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts

I think that Xbox Live should have something like a do not play list. Gamers who have low rep. should be on a list that people can stay away from.Vance_009

While thats a good idea in theory it would not work. The reason being that you can leave feedback no matter the reason. I remember that I was playing GOW and owned the other team, and when I checked my rep the next day all of a sudden it went down 30%. There was no reason for it, I didn't trash talk, cheat, glitch, spawncamp, anything of the sort. I just happened to have a good day that day and I was just better than them in that match. So putting people that all have low reps in the same won't solve the problem as many of them shouldn't be there in the first place.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 angryfodder

Tis true - I got bad feedback because a game was lagging - I wasn't even the host and have a 6.5mb internet connection

But because I played on through the lag and ended up winning, I was somehow caused the lag apparently!? People are bad losers - fact

SamAges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SamAges
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
Happened to me to. I stopped using my Mic cause i wasn't playing with my friends. And i happened to have a pretty awesome day just killing the other team over and over. ( On GoW. ) I couldn't believe it. The next day i checked and i had REALLY crappy Rep.. 75% was avoiding me for so called "Trash Talking" ... It's annoying..
mattllv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattllv
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

The worst experience I had on Live was during the Halo 3 beta. I guess I accidently blew up a kid on my team with a grenade. At first I didn't even know he was talking s$#t towards me. But he kept going on, saying due to the fact that I was the N word, I was worthless and would never amount to anything. I come off as being black sometimes, due to my personal interests and the way I talk, but I am a whiteboy. That kid was lucky, in real life, I would have punched his sorry a$$ square in the face. Racism sets me off like a bomb. Some people really deserve a beat down.

ILLETE 702

mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
[QUOTE="bigse63xy"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"]

[QUOTE="sleepy357"]I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players. bigse63xy

Get pwned

You call yourself a casual gamer but you have 10,000 gamerscore and are typing on a video game forum.

You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to have 10,000 gamerpoints..you could just have a lot of games and play them from time to time :P

Anyway..yep, there are a-holes on XBL. Lots and lots of them too! You can't stop them either, since irritating people is against the rules. I've had a lot of problems with this and here's one for example:

I'm playing Gears (player, not ranked). It's me and two other friends in one team against three other people. Two of those are real veterans (have all online achievements and such.) I'm not bad, but I've just started a short while ago. The two of my friends have just started playing, so you can already see that it was a bit unfair.

We lose...a lot. We don't say anything about it, since we're just trying to have fun, but those two a-holes keep saying how bad we suck, cuss a lot, laugh, make really bad jokes (even their teammate said so) etcetera. We still didn't respond to them, but they would never stop.
So eventually, my friends got fed up with this and started attacking back. They're pretty funny when it comes to that, so I couldn't stop laughing. They kept doing it for a while. Eventually, we stopped playing. The guy suddenly sends me a message and starts acting like I'm the A-hole!? :?

What happened next is unimportant...why? I would get banned if I said it here XD.
xGamerRetx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xGamerRetx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

it's a sad thing, thank's to this moron's and As***le that xbox live it's messed up.

Adobio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Adobio
Member since 2002 • 6819 Posts
No offense but when your calling someone a name(morron) at least spell it right...
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="bigse63xy"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"]

Get pwned

1. PWN yourself.

2. What does my Gamerscore have to do with anything & even more importantly, what does my posting on a forum have to do with anything in regards to me being a casual gamer.

3. What is your point anyway. All I did was agree with someone who said they take a lot of crap because they aren't as good as the other players & they can't get good if they don't play.

My point in short is that people should just play the game & not verbally abuse those who aren't at their skill level. Basically, people need to stop being SORE WINNERS.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I just talk to my friends on xbl. If I don't have a friend to talk to, i'll just normally take off my headset.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="bigse63xy"][QUOTE="bigse63xy"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"]

[QUOTE="sleepy357"]I'm going to agree with all of you. The language doesn't bother me to much. Though, I'd like it to stop. I'm an older player, I have a son that is 10. He can't even put on the headset to play an online game. He doesn't understand. Oh-well. I'd also like to say that just starting off for the first time on some games, the players are reall a holes. If they are way better than me fine. Beat me, kill me I can take it. Please don't talk trash boot me out of the game. I'm trying to get better, but can't because I'm not as "elite" as other players. mastersword007

Get pwned

You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to have 10,000 gamerpoints..you could just have a lot of games and play them from time to time :P

Anyway..yep, there are a-holes on XBL. Lots and lots of them too! You can't stop them either, since irritating people is against the rules. I've had a lot of problems with this and here's one for example:

I'm playing Gears (player, not ranked). It's me and two other friends in one team against three other people. Two of those are real veterans (have all online achievements and such.) I'm not bad, but I've just started a short while ago. The two of my friends have just started playing, so you can already see that it was a bit unfair.

We lose...a lot. We don't say anything about it, since we're just trying to have fun, but those two a-holes keep saying how bad we suck, cuss a lot, laugh, make really bad jokes (even their teammate said so) etcetera. We still didn't respond to them, but they would never stop.
So eventually, my friends got fed up with this and started attacking back. They're pretty funny when it comes to that, so I couldn't stop laughing. They kept doing it for a while. Eventually, we stopped playing. The guy suddenly sends me a message and starts acting like I'm the A-hole!? :?

What happened next is unimportant...why? I would get banned if I said it here XD.

Thanks for backing me up. And your story is exactly what I am talking about.

Solidshark21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solidshark21
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
To the gamers who do like to play with a certain level of respect please send me an email with your gamertag at solidshark21@yahoo.com. I'd like to play with like minded individuals on xbox live.
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 corb77

Its a sorry world when you get so many people like that on xbox live

Its odd but i think what one person said On this forum "its bad winners which seem to be the problem" i agree with that people who play for fun tend to be very layed back and just have fun its the gamers who hardcore a game that get way to cocky and need to take a step back and think about others for a chage.

If your a gamer who respects the gaming code of respect for other gamers please feel free to add my gamer tag: corb666 I'd be happy for a few games :)

Just another quick story about this subject: I got kicked from a game of rainbow six for not having my headset plugged in....sucks...

marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

Truth be told I don't even know how to use my mic. And you know, I don't think I have been any worse off without it. I still give and get about the same as anybody else in a map.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

Its a shame its so ruined by these people, My girlfriend got loads of abuse of some guy the other days just because she kicked his butt at rainbow six lol ....he was pritty affencive though...but half the time there's nothing you can do about these people i tend to just chat with friends now and not bother chating when i'm playing on live now.corb77

My fiancee had to remove the camera feature in UNO due to nude idiots. I dont usually play live unless I have a friend w/ me in private chat. I still hear idiots thru my speakers and if they are too abusive I just give poor feedback and mute them.

corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 corb77
you wouldnt think that microsoft would let people get away with that kind of thing.....really is shocking what some people consider as fun.....
the_cyndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_cyndicate
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The only time I will even play period is if my friends are on, I wont bother takin the headset off or any of the sort.. The game world combined with no parenting and todays society is like cramming too much toilet paper into a toilet bowl.. Days where my friends are not on, are days where I take drives or go see new movies, or sadly even go to walmart... Waaay too many people that try to act older, cooler, or meaner then what they actually are in real life to make themselves feel better...
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
lol. most people aren't that bad, and as stated in first post: There's always a mute button.
GOW-Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GOW-Freak
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
one time this guy kept screaming rlly loud "wat now ****" whenever he killed some one or swearing about how the kid that killed him is probally g*y when he died. He kept talking and talking so i told him to shut up. He flipped a **** Next day at school im gettin kids xbox live accounts. And guess wat. THe kid was my least favorite kid in the school. He did it again in this other match when i told him to shut up.I warned him ide kick his ass. he thought i meant in cod4. He still has a slight black eye...
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Jerks are present everywhere...Live is horrible because their is no real accountability. Anyone can say anything (and they do) with little to no recourse. Oh...I'm gonna report you. I reported people for a while but it just seems useless since their is no feedback system from Microsoft. I just simply give those individuals bad feedback and avoid them in the future.T_0_D

people get banned etc but unless they really do it loads and get banned and banned again they only end up being suspsended for a day to a week.

but i dont think you get banned from bad feedback, you have to file a complaint. and i think it takes into consideration how many complaints in a peroid of time before supsending them. just one compaint for abuse over the mic wont get someone banned and thats right because some people unfortunatly do tend to try to abuse the system to get people banned that just outplayed them or played ina accepetable way but they didnt like them for what ever reason

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

I hate team killing a lot...alexpkmon

well dont do it then :-)

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
Even worse than those that are abusive are the ones who team kill, especially because you happen to have a weapon that they want. One time in BTB, I was team killed for a warthog turret, the guy got on it, and then died from a laser 5 seconds later. He betrayed me again and I booted him. There was a total of 5 betrayals that match from a combination of 3 different people. Another example: This guy started betraying people on my team in a subtle way, making it look like an accident by tossing grenades, then he started giving away our locations to the other team, then betrayed again. Thankfully he was then booted.
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

you should here the racial slurs i get -_-

one little kid from england ( i would guess) was calling me the n word and said i will burn in hell for being black ( im not)

i went on to argue with him that just because some one says YO and wazup that dose not make them black, and he just starts screaming the n word, after 3 minutes of that you here his mother start screaming random jiberish at him then him going off line. i almost ***** my pants laughing!

Avatar image for eliterminator00
eliterminator00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 eliterminator00
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts

Most of my time online is spent playing Halo 3. In my opinion, the only reason that it is believed that XBL is filled with jackasses, is because a few people make everything look really bad. The majority of people I've run into playing XBL since 2005 are friendly.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
Here again, these reasons are why Microsoft should implement a better matchmaking service, as well as a block feature.