Microsoft is being anal over XBLA

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

XBLA could have been one of the 360's strongest assets, huge potential but because of MS reluctance to just open the market up and let things flow naturally they've stifled what good there was in it. It's suffocated by MS all encompassing iron grip, stupid release schedule, pointless limitations on game size and infuriatingly lack of top quality games.

Seriously you've literally got potentially a massive back catalogue of awesome games that could have been put on XBLA, developers who would probably love to make some money on dead games and no MS won't do it. 

What's there with XBLA is mediocre at best. 

pbkick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 pbkick1
Member since 2003 • 909 Posts
I love the arcade.  Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them.  Vote with your dollar.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hoobinator

I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.pbkick1

I do vote with my dollar, the only XBLA game I've ever bought is Catan. But it could have been so much more, could still be but MS has got to open up the marketplace to the developers and publishers.

q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts

[QUOTE="pbkick1"]I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.Hoobinator

I do vote with my dollar, the only XBLA game I've ever bought is Catan. But it could have been so much more, could still be but MS has got to open up the marketplace to the developers and publishers.

Clearly you havent looked around on XBLA because theres  LOADS  of great games.. 

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Xbox Live is more organized and I would say much more reliable compared to Sony online. I remember the Ps2 online and I thought it was cool because it was free but when I got Xbox Live on the regular Xbox it was so much better.
Aura_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Aura_Twilight
Member since 2005 • 3212 Posts
They are doing a decent job. I would like a more scheduled release plan though. Like an arcade game a week they did it for a while but they kinda just stopped it.
HallertauRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HallertauRogue
Member since 2002 • 8229 Posts
There are some very well done XBLA games, C:SotN, Ultimate MKIII, Geomoetry Wars, Worms 3D come to mind.  Would I like more games to be available?  You bet.  But I don't think catan is the only worthy game on there (I played it and it is fun, but there are better XBLA games out there IMO).
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

at least you act like you know what you're talking about.

GAMBINO808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 GAMBINO808
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts
i swear that metal slugg was comming to XBLA?
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="pbkick1"]I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.q8hr

Clearly you havent looked around on XBLA because theres LOADS of great games..

I beg to differ and think about all those SEGA, capcom, konami, Square, Acclaim, Turbo Grafx, Ocean, hundreds of old PC games, Wonderswan and twenty other developers / publishers I can't think of right now, and that's not including indie / small time developers who would probably like to see their games on MS XBLA.

The problem is MS wants absolute total control over its marketplace (Forcing EPIC to charge for maps), and in doing so limits the quantity of top games on XBLA.

Heck I would probably like to see it open up to the point where developers don't even need to go through MS channels and could just put games on as they see fit, with a MS certification of course.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hoobinator

A few good released games in over 18 months is not good enough. I actually think it's pathetic. :| Even if there were 10 games I liked it wouldn't be enough. I'm talking about the possibility of what XBLA could be, a proper e-distribution of old and classic games, thousands of potentially great games.

Instead we get stuck with a MS shop, not quite what was promised over a year ago. It's even more bewildering since something like XBLA could be a massive asset to the 360, and MS probably makes very little out of it anyway, (what's a few million to MS).

pbkick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pbkick1

A few good released games in over 18 months is not good enough. I actually think it's pathetic. :| Even if there were 10 games I liked it wouldn't be enough. I'm talking about the possibility of what XBLA could be, a proper e-distribution of old and classic games, thousands of potentially great games.

Instead we get stuck with a MS shop, not quite what was promised over a year ago. It's even more bewildering since something like XBLA could be a massive asset to the 360, and MS probably makes very little out of it anyway, (what's a few million to MS).

Hoobinator

Ok, heres what you do...go buy a wii.  Download the SEGA and turbogfx games.  (Spend $8 a piece)  AND STOP COMPLAINING!  I happy with the arcade and so are the others on this forum.  That being said...your not going to change our opinions so stop trying.

Yes, we would love every old game to be up there but there is no way that would happen.  As for no good games?  Have have over 20 that I think were worth the money.

HallertauRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HallertauRogue
Member since 2002 • 8229 Posts
What you are asking for is honestly trouble.  If MS simply opened XBLA to any coder out there we'd potentially have systems crashing all over the place.  Its tough enough as it is with systems bricking all over the place and locking up with games from reputable developers.  When John Q. Programmer comes in and puts his hand in the pot, well it opens the doors for some very serious support issues.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I agree with the TC insofar as the potential of this isn't being fully realized. There's a near-endless supply of arcade games and abandoned PC franchises that could be put to use here.

Arcade, for instance... how many arcade games were there? Throw Burgertime up there, Buster Bros and stuff like that. Or PC? How about oldies like Space Quest or 4-D "Stunts" Racing where you could make your own tracks and whatnot? Or even more recent stuff that doesn't sell anymore? I'd pay some bucks for Lego Racers, for instance.

But I disagree insofar as there's already good content up. I haven't played Catan and I'm thrilled with other offerings... Lumines Live, classics like Paperboy... Worms is pretty good. 

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hoobinator

What you are asking for is honestly trouble. If MS simply opened XBLA to any coder out there we'd potentially have systems crashing all over the place. Its tough enough as it is with systems bricking all over the place and locking up with games from reputable developers. When John Q. Programmer comes in and puts his hand in the pot, well it opens the doors for some very serious support issues.einsig

That's where the certification process comes in, MS tests the games and I'm not saying open it up to some modder sat on his PC, but officially licensed developers. 

dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
Yes they could do more but its pretty solid I think I have about 10 games I want off the Arcade sure its not Virtual Console by a longshot but its decent.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

pbkick1

Ok, heres what you do...go buy a wii. Download the SEGA and turbogfx games. (Spend $8 a piece) AND STOP COMPLAINING! I happy with the arcade and so are the others on this forum. That being said...your not going to change our opinions so stop trying.

You know criticism is a good thing, but obviously constructive criticism of MS seems not to be allowed.

I think if you've got the problem then you should leave my thread. Oh and as for you telling me to buy a Wii, how ironic that me a person who is seen as harshly criticising MS is actually wanting them to improve so others can get better benefit out of the system. In the end what I've outlined would be better for gamers which in turn would be better for MS. Oh the irony...

jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts

aegis wings is so fun

that new free on     almost got all achievments needa win mission without firing and ace

plus there are a lot of good XBLA games u just gotta find the right 1 for u

but back to the main point there are a lot of abandoned arcade games that should be put to good use and M$ needs to tak advantage of that

monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#19 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.
The_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Chronicle
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts
I agree. there need to be more high quality games I think. something like sonic, donkey kong country, battle toads & double dragons. Some nice SNES games. garbage games like joust and some other crap like that shouldnt even be there. 
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hoobinator

I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.monco59

I wasn't talking about Xbox Live I was specifically mentioning the Xbox Live Arcade Marketplace. :|

The marketplace is separate from the online gaming functions.

alex986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alex986
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

I also agree with the TC, there is lots of potential being wasted, BUT, I stil think lots of the games on the arcade are worth the money.

It'd be sweet if they remade the Gradius games 

pbkick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pbkick1
[QUOTE="pbkick1"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Hoobinator

Ok, heres what you do...go buy a wii. Download the SEGA and turbogfx games. (Spend $8 a piece) AND STOP COMPLAINING! I happy with the arcade and so are the others on this forum. That being said...your not going to change our opinions so stop trying.

You know criticism is a good thing, but obviously constructive criticism of MS seems not to be allowed.

I think if you've got the problem then you should leave my thread. Oh and as for you telling me to buy a Wii, how ironic that me a person who is seen as harshly criticising MS is actually wanting them to improve so others can get better benefit out of the system. In the end what I've outlined would be better for gamers which in turn would be better for MS. Oh the irony...

That's great and all... but I think your asking to much.  You act as if M$ is the only company who has contracts with devs and could use there products at will.  I think it would be better for the gameing industry for one company not to get to far ahead of the other.  I have a three systems and each offers something different.  I think it should stay that way. 

As for "if you've got the problem then you should leave my thread" next time put in the title "only come in if you totaly agree with me" that way I know to stay out.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"][QUOTE="pbkick1"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

pbkick1

That's great and all... but I think your asking to much. You act as if M$ is the only company who has contracts with devs and could use there products at will. I think it would be better for the gameing industry for one company not to get to far ahead of the other. I have a three systems and each offers something different. I think it should stay that way.

As for "if you've got the problem then you should leave my thread" next time put in the title "only come in if you totaly agree with me" that way I know to stay out.

Well I feel that MS XBLA had the headstart and had the potential to be the premier online e-distribution service for old games, MS hasn't lived to this at all. In fact it's done quite a bit to hinder the XBLA progresion.

And I told you to leave my thread only as a rebuke to telling me to buy a Wii, which was completely irrelevant to the constructive criticism I'm levelling at MS. 

pbkick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pbkick1

Well I feel that MS XBLA had the headstart and had the potential to be the premier online e-distribution service for old games, MS hasn't lived to this at all. In fact it's done quite a bit to hinder the XBLA progresion.

And I told you to leave my thread only as a rebuke to telling me to buy a Wii, which was completely irrelevant to the constructive criticism I'm levelling at MS. 

I only told you to buy a wii since Nintendo has the rights to most SEGA and turbogfx games.  They have a good selection that I think you would enjoy. 

I'm sorry if I came across like a jurk (It's been a long day).  I have just seen to many PS3 fanboys come in here and try to bash anything they could.  Peace out..im going to watch OnThe Spot.

Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

XBLA could have been one of the 360's strongest assets, huge potential but because of MS reluctance to just open the market up and let things flow naturally they've stifled what good there was in it. It's suffocated by MS all encompassing iron grip, stupid release schedule, pointless limitations on game size and infuriatingly lack of top quality games.

Seriously you've literally got potentially a massive back catalogue of awesome games that could have been put on XBLA, developers who would probably love to make some money on dead games and no MS won't do it.

What's there with XBLA is mediocre at best.

Hoobinator

considering the alternative: VC or psn.  XBLA still seems hugely better.  I think they owe it to the developers to let a couple titles get the spotlight every week so they have a far shake at potential sales.  If they were dumping a game a day it wouldn't be profitable and many games would get lost int he shuffle.

Armor_Biff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Armor_Biff
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts
Well I would also like to see some more games in the marketplace. So far I've only bought one game from there: Doom
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
 JUST GIVE US "FANTASY EMPIRE" and i will be happy
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 monco59

[QUOTE="monco59"]I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.Hoobinator

I wasn't talking about Xbox Live I was specifically mentioning the Xbox Live Arcade Marketplace. :|

And I meant XBLA, seems in my haste I forgot to add the A. Sorry about that... 

MuffinsKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MuffinsKill
Member since 2007 • 637 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="pbkick1"]I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.q8hr

Clearly you havent looked around on XBLA because theres LOADS of great games..

true
RocklandUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RocklandUSA
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
first off you need to chill.  They arnt going to go and release every old game on the market.  They need to carry this out for a long time until the next xbox comes out and even then they are probably going to carry over.  Also my assumption is if there are to many games on there and it becomes overloaded, its going to be extremely hard to find anything, especially for new users.  Also, if you havnt noticed, many of the games released have been updated with "enhanced graphics" (i laugh at most of the enhanced graphics).  So far im not disappointed excepts some of the games could be a tad bigged on the screen and not surronded by that annoying border like frogger and pacman. 
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
Although I think the arcade is great, there is a serious lack of good games.  I probably have about 10 arcade games (got about half for free), and there are only a couple that are really very good.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
I'm glad there are standards and rules.  I wouldn't want the arcade to be a chaotic dumping ground for old games.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Live is very well put together and organized from my experience. The only problem I have with it is that map packs cost 5 bucks (when games already cost 60 bucks, they should be free) and gamer themes aren't free...You're paying 2 bucks or so for something that should be free :(
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="monco59"]I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.monco59

You also meant "tripe" and not "trite". I imagine that you wanted to get out of this topic quickly and that probably caused your foul-ups. I do not blame you... I don't know why I came back here.

Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
XBLA is not being anal because playstation has been in the business for a lone time and is has made alot of money in the gaming industry.  Xbox is still the new kid on the block but the games are awesome.  Microsoft does milk our wallets now but in the future we are going to make the best console on the market for many years with incredible games incorporated with the pc world.  No new corporation will survive in the console world it is the big 3 and maybe apple can join but will not they are not as rich as microsoft.  I like XBLA and do not mind paying it is less than 5 dollars a month and nobody forces you to buy the content great service and microsoft has great customer service to repair your console a mistake thay made by rushing the system but xbox needed the head start because they are not a hardware company and are creating beautiful games.
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

[QUOTE="pbkick1"]I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.Hoobinator

Stop generalizing dude, in forums I hate when people say "It could have been so much more", be specific, give examples... Like XBLA could have been SO much better if MS put fantastic games like GEO wars, Worms, Hominid, bomberman 93' Hexic and small arms... Oh wait all of those great games are already on XBLA my bad

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="pbkick1"]I love the arcade. Sure there are some bad games but no one is forceing you to buy them. Vote with your dollar.hellfire9988

Stop generalizing dude, in forums I hate when people say "It could have been so much more", be specific, give examples... Like XBLA could have been SO much better if MS put fantastic games like GEO wars, Worms, Hominid, bomberman 93' Hexic and small arms... Oh wait all of those great games are already on XBLA my bad

You want me to list every possible game that could or should come out on XBLA, I don't have the space.

• Streets of Rage 1,2,3
  • Golden Axe 1,2
  • System Shock 2
  • Quake 1,2
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Chrono Cross
  • Robocop vs Terminator
  • Final Fight (Arcade)
  • Alex the Kid
  • King of Fighters series
  • Nights into Dreams
  • Diablo
  • Popoulous
  • Alpha Centauri
  • Dungeon Keepe

These were all the ones that I listed right now. That does not include Turbo Grafx, Sega CD or Wonderswan games. There's literally dozens and dozens more.

Granted a lot of them aren't coin op ****cs, but there is nothing stopping MS from releasing these type of games, they have released a few none coin op ****cs already.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hoobinator

I come on here to post warranted criticism of a console and I'm a fanboy. :| Stupid me thought it would be better than system wars, guess not.

It seems like half the people here are the blind MS fanboys who need to feel secure and feel validated over their purchase. Oh well.

Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#41 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
I was skeptical at first but you did make good use of the word "anal" ...that a boy.... EDIT- (in English) I'm just happy there wasnt a strange picture staring back at me when I came in here
HVPinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 HVPinc
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

I got 2 words: Alien_Hominid

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hoobinator

I was skeptical at first but you did make good use of the word "anal" ...that a boy.... EDIT- (in English) I'm just happy there wasnt a strange picture staring back at me when I came in hereClinton015

Dictionary deifinition 2B  

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hoobinator

I got 2 words: Alien_Hominid

HVPinc

I got a lot of words, not enough and right now the Wii's VC is crapping on it, and at this rate it's gonna destroy XBLA.

You people and your hand full of half decent games, I never said XBLA was bad, I said it was mediocre in relation to what it can be.

The amount of posts that completely misinterpret the original post is ******* mind blowing, oh and the hardcore "don't say anythng bad against MS fans :cry:" 

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts
I agree that MS has kind of botched the whole idea of the XBLA.  I mean, come on, it took way more time to put out Double Dragon than they said it would.  Not to mention the fact that they could be making games such as Killer Instinct and the games mentioned in a prior post, but instead we get Solitaire, Texas Hold 'Em, Totem Ball, Joust, Boom Boom Rocket and a few other games that could have waited until more worthy titles had been released.  I just think that if you are going to have a service that offers arcade games for people to download, you should give them games that they want to play.  Now before I get flammed, I own about 20 arcade titles that have come out and many of them I enjoy, but there are many other classic titles that deserved to be brought to us before them.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 monco59
[QUOTE="monco59"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="monco59"]I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.Generic_Dude

You also meant "tripe" and not "trite". I imagine that you wanted to get out of this topic quickly and that probably caused your foul-ups. I do not blame you... I don't know why I came back here.

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out. It was about 2 am when I contributed to this thing and my mind was already in bed I suppose. Still, I respect the TC's opinion and believe this to largely be a matter of taste. Still, I think XBLA has a fair share of excellent titles, with more yet to come. PoP Classic anyone? 

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"][QUOTE="monco59"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="monco59"]I'm sorry but I really have a hard time swallowing this trite. Sure, XBL has it's problems, but IMHO the good far outweigh the bad.monco59

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out. It was about 2 am when I contributed to this thing and my mind was already in bed I suppose. Still, I respect the TC's opinion and believe this to largely be a matter of taste. Still, I think XBLA has a fair share of excellent titles, with more yet to come. PoP Classic anyone?

I hear ya... my mind usually goes to bed during the day. And wakes up when I get ready to go to bed. It's irritating.

I see the guy's point, but at the same time I don't think it's as bad as he makes it out to be. MS's MO for the XBLA hasn't been to put out games like System Shock 2... it's been to put out games like Astropop and Galaga. Whether or not that's your thing, that was the intended purpose. After seeing what Sony's been edging towards with their network (e.g. releasing Tekken DR) or what Nintendo's been doing (i.e. releasing full-length legacy titles), people want MS to do the same thing and that wasn't the intended purpose. I mean, they've edged towards the other side a bit with things like Doom or Castlevania SOTN, but that's more of a deviation from their intended use of XBLA to suit these expectations. But you want MS to change their entire business model overnight? Ain't happening. Sorry. I'd like to see a game like Half Life or a game like System Shock 2 or Quake on there as much as you, TC, but these things take time, if MS wants to do them at all.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I've bought over 25 XBLA games.  I love it.  It will only get better with time.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
[QUOTE="hellfire9988"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

You want me to list every possible game that could or should come out on XBLA, I don't have the space.

• Streets of Rage 1,2,3
  • Golden Axe 1,2
  • System Shock 2
  • Quake 1,2
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Chrono Cross
  • Robocop vs Terminator
  • Final Fight (Arcade)
  • Alex the Kid
  • King of Fighters series
  • Nights into Dreams
  • Diablo
  • Popoulous
  • Alpha Centauri
  • Dungeon Keepe

These were all the ones that I listed right now. That does not include Turbo Grafx, Sega CD or Wonderswan games. There's literally dozens and dozens more.

Granted a lot of them aren't coin op ****cs, but there is nothing stopping MS from releasing these type of games, they have released a few none coin op ****cs already.

Some of those I'd like also, but many that you mentioned run counter to what an "arcade" title is about.  The idea behind XBLA is that the games are a little more casual and easy to pick up and play.  It shouldn't be solely a dumping ground for old games.  Nor should it be a general place digitally distributed games.

MS's reasoning is to keep consistency and to retain the service's identity as a place for arcade titles.

Even then, the retro games that are coming out aren't the product of mere emulation.  Consider the work needed to add all of the standard 360 functionality. 

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Generic_Dude

I've bought over 25 XBLA games. I love it. It will only get better with time.b11051973

Bomberman Live arrives in June. Nuff said.Â