Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide???

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

I never heard of this rumor until now....seems to be more than a rumor:

--Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide, the long-rumored Xbox 360 port of the best-selling PlayStation 3 stealth-actioner and GameSpot's 2008 Game of the Year. The announcement will be the finale of the presentation, apparently, although the game itself may be revealed as early as next week.

--A top-secret Konami exclusive for the Xbox 360. "NOBODY outside of Kon[ami] has been told what this is," claims Game Fork. (Emphasis in the original.)

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26879550/360-mgs4-next-gtaiv-dlc-topping-microsofts-e3-lineup.html

ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

i saw that too. i have no qlue what the oxide means

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

i saw that too. i have no qlue what the oxide means

ghost2046
That's what i'm wondering too.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Oh, please let it be true. Not having MGS4 is one of the few reasons I wish I had a PS3.

Now if only MLB: The Show was multi-platform. :cry:

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#5 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I saw it a few days ago online. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. I mean, Konami HAS re-released all of their MGS games. The first one had Twin Snakes, the second one had Substance, the third had Subsistence, and I really wouldn't be surprised if it came out on 360.

The thing is, it's a case of too little too late. It'll still be a fun game, but I can see reviewers pointing out the flaws more openly, sales not being as high, etc. But if it comes out, I'll definitely play it.

Hyperion21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hyperion21
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I just read that rumor control, and I got really excited. If half of that stuff turns out to be true (especially the MSG4 rumor) I will cream my pants.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Oh, please let it be true. Not having MGS4 is one of the few reasons I wish I had a PS3.

TM_Darkside
only reason i even thought of buying a ps3
DreamSparkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 DreamSparkz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 on the 360 would be truely awesome.

I would love to play it and with the rest of the 360 community, also additional content exclusive for the 360 could be on it's way.

- Thanks and hope it comes true!

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

I also think this is more than just a rumor. Hopefully it'll come true.

nick_manthe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nick_manthe
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
I'll play it for the 360 again
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

i hope its true, it will make the sony fans boys sick

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
[QUOTE="TM_Darkside"]

yep, me too. and this, if comes out to be true, wouldnt surprise me. konami can make serious cash in here
Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

I HOPE this is true. One although small reason I got an Xbox was because of rumors of this game coming out. I need good news after hearing about Duke Nukem Forever. Please let this be true FINALLY!

Snakebj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snakebj
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

god damnit i got this game on ps3 i guess i`ll buy for 360 also

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

only reason a ps3 fanboy will get sick over this, is if they have to actually look at 1 second of a great game being dumbed down for an inferior system. im sure just looking at jagged edges and bland textures, massive popup, would be enough to make anyone sick. God forbid if its on 3 or 4 discs too... "Please insert disc to to continue your crappy port of a great game"

Renzokucant

Hehehe listen to them squirming already and it's only a rumour.

DarqKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 DarqKiller
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

only reason a ps3 fanboy will get sick over this, is if they have to actually look at 1 second of a great game being dumbed down for an inferior system. im sure just looking at jagged edges and bland textures, massive popup, would be enough to make anyone sick. God forbid if its on 3 or 4 discs too... "Please insert disc to to continue your crappy port of a great game"

Renzokucant
Oh man, you are TOTALLY not a fanboy. /sarcasm Being dumbed down for an inferior console? unless you are really friggin picky, they could easily make a beautiful port of the game if they try, hell, Lost Odyssey had four discs and that was still a great game. And in terms of graphics, if you really care that much, then your not a gamer, so Get the **** out and grow up.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
[QUOTE="Renzokucant"]

DarqKiller
Oh man, you are TOTALLY not a fanboy. /sarcasm Being dumbed down for an inferior console? unless you are really friggin picky, they could easily make a beautiful port of the game if they try, hell, Lost Odyssey had four discs and that was still a great game. And in terms of graphics, if you really care that much, then your not a gamer, so Get the **** out and grow up.

Agreed. You dont play games for the graphic you play for the experience.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Meh if it is true I will rent it but other than that I am not excited. Just not my thing stealth games get boring to me at least but it would be worthy of a rental.

mikey_d666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mikey_d666
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Renzokucant"]

DarqKiller

LMFAO that was the stupidest thing i have ever read. Period. Gamers play games not only for the gameplay itself, but for the visual perfection that companies like Kojima Productions and Konami accompany games like Metal Gear Solid 4 with, which is why it got GAME OF THE YEAR and a PERFECT 10; because of how it is an all around perfect game.So dont go throwing around definitions of what gamers should and shouldnt like about a game because clearly you have no idea...

P.S. You should be the one to grow up since your "swearing" at someone over the internet, it may have been cool in grade 8 but once you hit puberty you realize it just really isnt worth your time unless you have nothing better to do...

P.P.S. MGS4 will NEVER come to the 360, but its ok to wish it did if it makes you feel better :D

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sensfanVone

[QUOTE="DarqKiller"][QUOTE="Renzokucant"]

mikey_d666

LMFAO that was the stupidest thing i have ever read. Period. Gamers play games not only for the gameplay itself, but for the visual perfection that companies like Kojima Productions and Konami accompany games like Metal Gear Solid 4 with, which is why it got GAME OF THE YEAR and a PERFECT 10; because of how it is an all around perfect game.So dont go throwing around definitions of what gamers should and shouldnt like about a game because clearly you have no idea...

P.S. You should be the one to grow up since your "swearing" at someone over the internet, it may have been cool in grade 8 but once you hit puberty you realize it just really isnt worth your time unless you have nothing better to do...

P.P.S. MGS4 will NEVER come to the 360, but its ok to wish it did if it makes you feel better :D

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. No smiley.

Adam314-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Adam314-
Member since 2008 • 1613 Posts

My god, can't microsoft hop off and give ps3 atleast a little something to be happy with. All they have lbp, killzone and resistance I mean come on. UGH!

mikey_d666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mikey_d666
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="mikey_d666"]

[QUOTE="DarqKiller"] Oh man, you are TOTALLY not a fanboy. /sarcasm Being dumbed down for an inferior console? unless you are really friggin picky, they could easily make a beautiful port of the game if they try, hell, Lost Odyssey had four discs and that was still a great game. And in terms of graphics, if you really care that much, then your not a gamer, so Get the **** out and grow up.sensfanVone

LOL i like how you responded to me in 2 minutes, were you waiting on the page clicking the refresh button over and over to see if anyone thinks your important or right?? Does it make you feel better to know that you can argue with a complete stranger over the internet and try to be cool?? if it does then maybe you should leave your house and make some real people friends!!

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

My god, can't microsoft hop off and give ps3 atleast a little something to be happy with. All they have lbp, killzone and resistance I mean come on. UGH!

Adam314-
ps3 foruns xD and not confirmed, dont stress.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

[QUOTE="DarqKiller"][QUOTE="Renzokucant"]

mikey_d666

He's right. I don't see why it's "one of the stupidest things" as you said. Graphicsare important but they're certainly not the most important in videogames. If this is true, Konami can make a great port. How do you know for sure that MGS4 "will NEVER come to 360"?

What I see here is one PS3 fanboy gets angry because he fears that his beloved game may come to another platform. Grow up fanboy.

Avatar image for FPS_FANATIC_007
FPS_FANATIC_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FPS_FANATIC_007
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

[QUOTE="mikey_d666"]

[QUOTE="DarqKiller"] Oh man, you are TOTALLY not a fanboy. /sarcasm Being dumbed down for an inferior console? unless you are really friggin picky, they could easily make a beautiful port of the game if they try, hell, Lost Odyssey had four discs and that was still a great game. And in terms of graphics, if you really care that much, then your not a gamer, so Get the **** out and grow up.Zensword

He's right. I don't see why it's "one of the stupidest things" as you said. Graphicsare important but they're certainly not the most important in videogames. If this is true, Konami can make a great port. How do you know for sure that MGS4 "will NEVER come to 360"?

What I see here is one PS3 fanboy gets angry because he fears that his beloved game may come to another platform. Grow up fanboy.

changing a disk is faster than the install times between every chapter and i speak from experience cuz i have mgs4 on the ps3

Shadow7871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shadow7871
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

Sony keeps losing reasons for me to by their system, first the high price tag, then they remove Backwards compatablilty, then Final Fantasy XIII goes multiplatform. If this ends up to be true then the chances of my buying a PS3 just shot WAY down.

Interesting considering how I had orginally planned to by a PS3 first.

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sensfanVone

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

[QUOTE="mikey_d666"]

mikey_d666

LOL i like how you responded to me in 2 minutes, were you waiting on the page clicking the refresh button over and over to see if anyone thinks your important or right?? Does it make you feel better to know that you can argue with a complete stranger over the internet and try to be cool?? if it does then maybe you should leave your house and make some real people friends!!

Pot meet kettle.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It's pretty cool. I'm really not surprised if it does come to the 360. I thought it was only a matter a time. I mean

1. They want money

2. They want more fans or people to enjoy their game

3. Money

4.... well Substance came out for the xbox. so why not?

5.. Why not?

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sensfanVone

It's pretty cool. I'm really not surprised if it does come to the 360. I thought it was only a matter a time. I mean

1. They want money

2. They want more fans or people to enjoy their game

3. Money

4.... well Substance came out for the xbox. so why not?

5.. Why not?

SouL-Tak3R

It wont because mikey_d66 said it wont.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

[QUOTE="TM_Darkside"]

i-rock-socks

only reason i even thought of buying a ps3

MGS4 IS the only reason I purchased a PS3. God, I hope it's released on the 360! MGS4 + Oxide (?!) + Achievements = WIN

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Renzokucant

yep the fanboys r getting sick already

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

[QUOTE="mikey_d666"]

mikey_d666

You responded 3 minutes after. And nice response. Basically you have nothing to argue against. Go back to playing your overpriced PS3.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Actually, if the rumours of the PS3 receiving GTA IV's DLC, which Microsoft paid $50 million to keep exclusive, are true then MGS4 on the 360 could have been the price Sony paid... :shock:

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

I really won't be dissapointed cuz mgs has been on an xbox console before, and even if 360 gets mgs4 its going to be a dubbed down version of mgs4.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11937 Posts

Oxide anybody... what is it?

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

I can't see Kojima releasing a dumbed down version of MGS4, I don't think he would settle for anything less than an almost perfect translation of his masterpiece...then again I'm not him so everyone who says its going to be dumbed down could be right.

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

Oxide anybody... what is it?

gatsbythepig

I think its probably just the title they're going to add onto it, kind of like MGS3: Subsistance (or was that MGS2? Idk...) so it'll be MGS4: Oxide. Idk, thats my best guess.

gamer26690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamer26690
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
if it does go i feel sorry for the dev team who have the job of tediously removing all the sony and apple products from the game as well as some cutscenes that would bore and annoy the hell out of me if i to do that
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

Renzokucant
Interesting you should mention a PS3 fanboy.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

This would make my year. The one game that I was thinking about getting a PS3 for was MGS4.

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

Yes it might be MGS4 + Oxide, but it won't be MGS4 will it?

A note about fanboys: I can make out at least 2 fanboys here in this topic, none of which is me. You see to laugh at PS3 fanboys, when they don't really care about this, look at the past 80 or so topics and you'll see none of them are about this rumor...

Avatar image for DemoniclyAnglic
DemoniclyAnglic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DemoniclyAnglic
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

TM_Darkside

Eh, with MGS4 you're not missing much, man. It's pretty much just sneak from point A to point B, shoot some soldiers, and repeat the process until you win.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
Metal gear solid 4 is my favourite game so far this gen but ive over played it way to much, I wont go through the game again for a good couple of years I dont reckon, but would be good if true for 360 only owners.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sensfanVone

Yes it might be MGS4 + Oxide, but it won't be MGS4 will it?

A note about fanboys: I can make out at least 2 fanboys here in this topic, none of which is me. You see to laugh at PS3 fanboys, when they don't really care about this, look at the past 80 or so topics and you'll see none of them are about this rumor...

L33T_TI200P3I2

Here put this gold star sticker on the board by your name.

quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

Renzokucant
lol of course some level 3 has to be a d*ck about it
quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

[QUOTE="mikey_d666"]

mikey_d666

lol as if ur putting that much effort into this arguement, ur the one who needs to grow up

jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

If it does, that would make my year. It was one of only a handful of games (Uncharted, Killzone 2, possible Valkyrie Chronicles) that made me really consider a PS3 in addition to the 360, and it was the biggest one of them all. Hopefully it does come, and hopefully they don't change it (other than possibly graphics and disc-wise) like they did with Twin Snakes for GC.

On a related note: For those you played both 2 and Substance or 3 and Subsistence, did they change the actual game/cutscenes like they did between MGS1 and Twin Snakes, or did they just add new modes?