Mass Effect Thumbs up or down

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stra6es

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stra6es
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
Myself I think Mass Effect Is one of the most addictive games I've ever played. The Game Is so good It's got quiet a few tech issues but i look right passed them because the story and back story are so damn good This game is gonna be the fix for all of us star wars fans.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Thumbs down for sure.

That game sucks.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts

Thumbs down for sure.

That game sucks.

ParadiseAwaits

HAHA.

Up, WAY up.

Dagamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#4 Dagamemonkey
Member since 2005 • 1480 Posts

I actually never played it, but my brother just got it three days ago and he already beat it. He didn't even play it that much. So don't believe any hype about how vast the game's galaxies are. Personally I'd like a game that's a little longer. I'll remain neutral until I play it.

Zuul13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zuul13
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
Most people don't give it a chance because they look at the review.. see an 8.5... and think, "Wow this game sucks". Dude it got an 8.5 out of 10. That means good. I know some people won't like this game. They see a shootter, but when you play it it's an RPG. Halo 2 has some of the same issues that ME has now. People didn't say that H2 sucked. Just play the game before you place an opinion. (I feel it deserved an 8.5, story was amazing, fantastic ending!)
Zuul13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zuul13
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

I actually never played it, but my brother just got it three days ago and he already beat it. He didn't even play it that much. So don't believe any hype about how vast the game's galaxies are. Personally I'd like a game that's a little longer. I'll remain neutral until I play it.

Dagamemonkey
umm this game is long. He probally just did the main missions. I did that my first time through because I wanted to make sure that I could beat it before I returned it. (It took me 11 hours). Now I'm going through it again with the same char (level 34 at beg of game :D) on harder difficulty (for achievements of course!), and I plan on doing ALL the side quests. Including side quests (which are just as much fun as the main missions) I expect to beat everything in 40-60 hours, easy
stra6es

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stra6es

You can play through the game quickly but you don't get the whole story there are different endings sub plots to get the whole story on just one of the endings is about 30 to 40 hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#8 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

I actually never played it, but my brother just got it three days ago and he already beat it. He didn't even play it that much. So don't believe any hype about how vast the game's galaxies are. Personally I'd like a game that's a little longer. I'll remain neutral until I play it.Dagamemonkey

While it's not quite the same, you can "beat" Oblivion in less than 10 hours.

Mass Effect has about 15 hours of side quests, lots of star systems to go to. As well, Bioware games involve a lot of talking, so if he was trying to rush through the conversations that might be part of it too (you can't skip dialog, but you can avoid asking about some things)

ferretzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ferretzor
Member since 2005 • 2792 Posts
Thumbs up from me. It easily deserves a 9+. I'm really enjoying it =]
stra6es

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stra6es

I think the future for this game is massive. Plus EA bought Bio-Ware for 870 million dollars they are probally thinking the same thing.

ianpm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ianpm
Member since 2006 • 335 Posts
this game defitnitely deserves a thumbs up. but for some reason it just seems like its missing something.....like this game had huge potential but they hasd to cut alot of things out in the end. Maybe mass effect 2 will be what the first one was supposed to be. im about 12 hrs in......its still addicting as hell.
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

Both thumbs up.

It's a really fun game, it's addicting, it's revolutionary. It's a lot different from the standard fare of RPG's.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
GOTY for me. I've never been so into a game's story. I'm almost done with my first playthrough storywise, but I need to hit a few planets before I finish. I'll probably clock in at about 30-35 hours, but I DEFINITELY plan to play through it again. It plays VERY differently depending on how you approach it. Best 360 game ever imo.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
i'm getting it tomorrow... my honest opinion in a few days after...
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Two thumbs way up! I finished my first with in 30h 17m and I'm currently playing through again. The game i great. People getting the game and rushing through the main quest are missing out on a lot of things.
Maxsimus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maxsimus_basic
Member since 2002 • 85 Posts

Thumps up for sure, 19 houres and its very addicting. deffinatly taking a second run through. Many of the side quests are very good and have interresting story lines. While i dont know how much of the main story is left, i would think i can finish it in 4 houres. I havent takeing that many side quests though, well i have but still i have plenty left to be completed, and then the main storyline ofcourse.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
2 thumbs WAY up! Definitely among the best games this year.
Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts

Thumbs down for sure.

That game sucks.

ParadiseAwaits
Why do u say that??Do you want attention or something??
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Both Thumbs up. Dunno why ParadiseAwaits said it sucks, maybe he isnt into the sci-fi story. Im not a sci-fi fan but this game is great! GOTY for me, only other game that I can see in competition is SMG
GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
Thumbs up just take your time do some side missions and you will enjoy it.
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
Thumbs up. I give it a 9.7. Yeah it has tech issues but nothing that takes away from the overall game.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#23 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Mass Effect = Two Big Thumbs Up
wacky_sashimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wacky_sashimi
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

Mass Effect has about 15 hours of side quests, lots of star systems to go to. As well, Bioware games involve a lot of talking, so if he was trying to rush through the conversations that might be part of it too (you can't skip dialog, but you can avoid asking about some things)

Cobra_nVidia

Yes you can, you press X button ??? I just beat the game last night... 17hrs, played a lot of the side quests, but I DONT think they're nearly on par with thequalityof the main quest, thats crazy talk. Got bored with them, so I went to Virmire and went on the game's final run. Really good game, but too much repitition for liking... 8.5 is a reasonable score, definitely gets a thumbs up (if thumbs up represents a game that must be played).

On a side note, did anybody else think driving around was cool for the first 5 minutes, and then cra.p after that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
haven't played it yet.
JFRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JFRocker
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Both thumbs up.

It's a really fun game, it's addicting, it's revolutionary. It's a lot different from the standard fare of RPG's.

UTXII

I agree. It's an amazing game. Frame rate is a bit annoying, but the game is something special. I was floored with how good it looks too. It's almost like I'm not playing a videogame.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
One Thumb Up, Two Thumbs Down (im an alien)

Mass Effect is not GOTY. In fact its not even 9.0 (AAA) material.

1. Paragon is fun, Renegade is just a jerk thats no fun to play as. Oh wait everyone will have the same dialogue reactions whether your paragon or renegade oh YAY!!!! At leeast your character will say something different, 1 out of 10 times. WTF is that!

2. Story is short, story is told in three plot worlds. Its just thrown at you on those worlds, other than that there is no main story. They should have spread it out, made it longer, and made it a much longer RPG stroy and mystery.

3. Side quests are lame, gonna go drive across a barren planet that looks the same on every planet, then drive up to the same building i drive up to on every planet, to kill the same kind of enemies i kill on every planet. rinse and repeat

4. Inventory management, omni gel, money, is all a joke

5. did i mention that the dialogue options are a joke and cover up piss poor writing?

6. Graphics SUX!!!! Yup, make a different model than the defualt model and youll see polygon displacements, look anywhere other than teh faces and you'll see low polygon models. Texture pop in, clipping issues, audio issues.

The thigns I love about Mass Effect is the combat. Its tactical, intense, and skill advacement and leveling is fun and well balanced. very RPG **** yet very real time. Best RPG combat system ever imo.

Bioware should have released it in a year, and made it 40 hours longer (i beat it in 15 hours on hardest difficulty 100% side quests) with no glitches and more varied ROLE playing elements like tehy advertised.

Mass Effect is nothing compared to KOTOR. Kotor has personality everywhere you went, the choices you made affected characters greatly, even no name NPCs. The quests were original and entertaining acroos beautiufl landscapes and colonies (not barren planets like Mass Effect with generic buildings everywhere)
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Both thumbs up !

Mass Effect is the best RPG and 360 game ever made

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kozzy1234

1. Paragon is fun, Renegade is just a jerk thats no fun to play as. Oh wait everyone will have the same dialogue reactions whether your paragon or renegade oh YAY!!!! At leeast your character will say something different, 1 out of 10 times. WTF is that!

2. Story is short, story is told in three plot worlds. Its just thrown at you on those worlds, other than that there is no main story. They should have spread it out, made it longer, and made it a much longer RPG stroy and mystery.

3. Side quests are lame, gonna go drive across a barren planet that looks the same on every planet, then drive up to the same building i drive up to on every planet, to kill the same kind of enemies i kill on every planet. rinse and repeat

5. did i mention that the dialogue options are a joke and cover up piss poor writing?

6. Graphics SUX!!!! Yup, make a different model than the defualt model and youll see polygon displacements, look anywhere other than teh faces and you'll see low polygon models. Texture pop in, clipping issues, audio issues.

The thigns I love about Mass Effect is the combat. Its tactical, intense, and skill advacement and leveling is fun and well balanced. very RPG **** yet very real time. Best RPG combat system ever imo.

Bioware should have released it in a year, and made it 40 hours longer (i beat it in 15 hours on hardest difficulty 100% side quests) with no glitches and more varied ROLE playing elements like tehy advertised.

Mass Effect is nothing compared to KOTOR. Kotor has personality everywhere you went, the choices you made affected characters greatly, even no name NPCs. The quests were original and entertaining acroos beautiufl landscapes and colonies (not barren planets like Mass Effect with generic buildings everywhere)
acidBURN1942

hahaha, that post made me laugh alot.

Mass effect is a fantastic game.

-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
Two thumbs way up. I've heard lots of complaints about tech issues, but the only problem I've run into is the occasional slow down maybe in combat. And still, it's a pretty rare occurance. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I just got my 360 back from repair? Who knows...
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 acidBURN1942

kozzy1234
you made me laugh a lot at your counter point to my arguement. Which was none. Seriously people I want to discuss these issues I have with the game in an intelligent way, I know sometimes the internet is not the place to go for intelligence but amuse me someone eh? Someone willing to debate the GREATNESS of Mass Effect.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE this game, its just not waht it should have been and its pretty lacking when you look at it fully.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

acidBURN1942

you made me laugh a lot at your counter point to my arguement. Which was none. Seriously people I want to discuss these issues I have with the game in an intelligent way, I know sometimes the internet is not the place to go for intelligence but amuse me someone eh? Someone willing to debate the GREATNESS of Mass Effect.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE this game, its just not waht it should have been and its pretty lacking when you look at it fully.

Dont get so defensive and angry, damn its just the internet. Like you i say my opinion.

Mass Effect >>>>

and i found your post hilarious. end of story.

A few shortcoming dont take away from this amazing game in my opinion.

This is the best game ive played in the last 5 years

digitalgidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 digitalgidget
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
No point "debating" you, it's you're opinion and you're entitled to it. I think the game is awesome personally. I played KOTOR but if its anything at all like ME, I can see why it gets mentioned so much when discussing the previous Xbox.
digitalgidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 digitalgidget
I meant, I haven't played KOTOR. blah fingers brain not in synch.
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

acidBURN1942
1. I agree, there is really no depth or anything to the good or evil thing. After KOTOR, I expected better. 2. I have't finished the game yet, so I don't know. 3. More or less... I like exploring to some extent though. 4. Inventory is a ain in the ass. 5. I disagree, I think the dialogue is great. 6. I haven't experienced any problems like this... I think you're over exaggerating how great KOTOR is at the end there....
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts

acidBURN1942

Yet you thought Lair was 10 game. I think I can easily disregard anything you say as nonsense.

greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts

Up.

Despite the twitchiness of the visuals I love the game. Especially the combat. The acting is also great.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"]One Thumb Up, Two Thumbs Down (im an alien)

angelfly

Yet you thought Lair was 10 game. I think I can easily disregard anything you say as nonsense.

hahah, i think im goign to ignore all his posts now to, haha definatly a sony fanboy if hes giving ps3 games a 10 and mass effect a 8.5 :lol:

Can you say exposed? :lol:

sonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonj
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts

[QUOTE="Dagamemonkey"] I actually never played it, but my brother just got it three days ago and he already beat it. He didn't even play it that much. So don't believe any hype about how vast the game's galaxies are. Personally I'd like a game that's a little longer. I'll remain neutral until I play it.Cobra_nVidia

I don't know about you but I am able to skip dialog.... Try hitting X.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Up fool.
diseasedpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 diseasedpanda
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts
I havent played it yet, but it looks, alright. I'll wait till it comes down a little bit though, it doesnt interest me enough to buy it at it price tag right now.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 acidBURN1942
Maybe you should look at my posts concerning lair. I do not think its a 10 game, I rated it a 10 because there are people out there that rate games a 1 lowering the average rating, I highly defend lair to its grave as a great game. I put a 10 to try and average it out. This isnt about Lair. Im not angry either. Im just a passionate gamer who likes to discuss more than just a score, more than just an experience.

I like to discuss the intricies of the gameplay and the experience as a whole. I consider this industry as an art, and I will always discuss intelligently about it. These forums are a waste of non-intelligence, the pc forums are usually better but come on people, lets grow up now, the industry needs it.

You think Mass Effect is a fantastic game, I think its merely good. This is a forum to discuss video games, am I the only one wanting to discuss?
aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
its a thumbs up for me I really like playing it, im not that far into it tho
BornToGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BornToGame
Thumbs way up from me. I enjoy it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
[QUOTE="Cobra_nVidia"]

[QUOTE="Dagamemonkey"] I actually never played it, but my brother just got it three days ago and he already beat it. He didn't even play it that much. So don't believe any hype about how vast the game's galaxies are. Personally I'd like a game that's a little longer. I'll remain neutral until I play it.sonj

I don't know about you but I am able to skip dialog.... Try hitting X.

Thanks. That makes my point even stronger :)

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
THUMBS UP
Andy_Mizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Andy_Mizzle
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
I was a huge fan of Knights of the old republic so this game has been an awesome experience for me, two thumbs up from me.
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

acidBURN1942
FInished it in 15 hours 100%, yeah right. No wonder you found the dialogue poor, you didn't even read it if you finished it that quickly. I agree on some points though, the planets should be a bit more varied rather than going to the same mine/base. The planets don't all look the same, the geometry is similar, they're all barren but...yeah ok they're pretty much the same. Graphics suck? What Godly lookng game are you playing for this to be so low by your standards? I do agree with renegade though, when I was a sith it was pure awesomeness, but getting to punch Emily Wong is priceless. It's still the best game on 360, a flawed masterpiece that can only get better in the sequel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5920bf77daa85

[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"]Bioware should have released it in a year, and made it 40 hours longer (i beat it in 15 hours on hardest difficulty 100% side quests) with no glitches and more varied ROLE playing elements like tehy advertised.Brutal_Elitegs
FInished it in 15 hours 100%, yeah right. No wonder you found the dialogue poor, you didn't even read it if you finished it that quickly.

I found that statement very interesting as well. Not to mention doubtful. I think I'm 13 hours in the game,a bit pasthalfway not including side quests I have to do.

Deadalus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Deadalus_
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
The game has a fantastic atmosphere, the dialoges are great and believable, not to mention about the graphical presentation. And like every game with huge exploration potential, the levels get repetitive, but it's undersandable. However, I don't believe the perfomance issues in the game are because XBox 360 limited power. The real party killer are the battles, which realy tend to be frustrating, though fun at times. In the end, it's a thumbs up, I'd give a 9.1 rating if I reviewed it. GOTY? Hard to decide, too tight competition this year :P