Left 4 Dead 2 should have been DLC

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sdwrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sdwrage
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts
DLC's are meant for small segments or Add-Ons to games... this is definitely not just an "Add-On"
scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
[QUOTE="Thomasdeleo"][QUOTE="znator"]

Not saying it will suck, but this game should have easily been included as DLC in the original, the game has not even been out for a year, and still has so many untapped potential with DLC, and they go and reveal a sequal to it and force you to pay $60 for it, I am hyped but come on valve get off your money making bandwagon, "it's to soon for a sequel"?

Who here agrees?

You guys are unbelievable, do even know who Valve is and how much they do for their community, all the free content they put up, stop whining and let them make some money.

Seriously. They put out the Orange Box for 60$ when it was probably worth 70-80
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

[QUOTE="znator"]

Not saying it will suck, but this game should have easily been included as DLC in the original, the game has not even been out for a year, and still has so many untapped potential with DLC, and they go and reveal a sequal to it and force you to pay $60 for it, I am hyped but come on valve get off your money making bandwagon, "it's to soon for a sequel"?

Who here agrees?

Thomasdeleo

You guys are unbelievable, do even know who Valve is and how much they do for their community, all the free content they put up, stop whining and let them make some money.

So because they do a lot for the PC community, its ok for them to rip off us console guys?

Yea, ok.

SovietAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SovietAgent
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

It's too big to be DLC, but then again, Left 4 Dead 2 going to be a little more impressive than a new Madden game. I remain undecided.

Spikedjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Spikedjester
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

The thing that sucks for me is I dont have LFD I am down to get it but with the release coming up of the second now I guess I am stuck waiting?

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#56 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I'am still gonna buy L4D2 because I loved L4D but this could have easily been a two or three part DLC what mainly pisses me off is that L4D comes with such little content even with the DLC and then all of a sudden they expect us to cough out 60 dollars for a sequel that could have been convereted to DLC. Also, what's the point of sending DLC to the 1st game if everyone is just gonna go over to L4D2?

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#57 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
you realize how big of DLC this would be? plus, the zombies are different have more blood and limbs falling off. that's a BIG update for DLC
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#58 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Well I'am not saying include everything from L4D2 to L4D just the main attractions (new monsters,new campaigns, fire bullets, and the improved AI director)

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
Now that ive played L4D i do agree that it shouldve been DLC. im happy i didnt buy it.
XV3wdjj3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 XV3wdjj3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Valve is an amazing developer who makes great games. I wanted more L4D they gave it to me. The decision to go boxed versus DLC is a matter of ROI for them. Valve believes they have invested enough in L4D2 to warrant a larger return, can you fault them for that?
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Valve is an amazing developer who makes great games. I wanted more L4D they gave it to me. The decision to go boxed versus DLC is a matter of ROI for them. Valve believes they have invested enough in L4D2 to warrant a larger return, can you fault them for that? XV3wdjj3

'Invested' my butt. Its old technology(engine is more than 5 years old)and they've gotta be pretty efficient with creating content on it by now. And if its anything like the first one, its not gonna be that much content anyways, so I dont see where this huge 'investment' is coming from.

L4D is good fun, but I cant help but get the feeling that it was more like something I would buyon XboxLive Arcade for like $20 or something rather than a full retail game. If L4D2 is nothing but the same, I certainly will do the same thing I did with the first and try and find a friend who has it instead of wasting my own money on it.

GamerX500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 GamerX500
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts

Im not gonna buy Left 4 Dead 2. Just a waste of money I THINK. no difference from the first one. I would buy it if they took a year Extra to update graphics, Details and more. But that just what I say. You are maybe not thinking the same way as i do.

scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
[QUOTE="seankane"]

[QUOTE="Thomasdeleo"][QUOTE="znator"]

Who here agrees?

So because they do a lot for the PC community, its ok for them to rip off us console guys?

Yea, ok.

They aren't ripping us off. Watch the link in my sig.
gauisu_nex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 gauisu_nex
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

couldn't be done. too big. besides, they are coming out with an update so that you can add modded campaigns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#65 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
How can you judge a game that won't be out for months?
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#66 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

...5 chapters, more weapons, more enemy types, new gameplay mechanics, new characters, and stuff yet to be revealed. Yeah that's totally DLC

...stop complaining.