Lack of Run & Gun in RE5............

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
Why don't you guys just play GoW and get over it? if RE had run 'n gun action, it would take the last survival horror aspect away from the franchise, face it. simple "monster in the closet" formula or creepy areas don't make Survival horror games.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
This whole point is moot considering that in the retail game there will be the option to switch the controls so you can move while you shoot.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

I agree, the RE5 engine was crap, I mean yeah when you get the steady aim, you can't move, and the over all engine was just last gen, I mean people even complained about RE4 being like that, I'm not buying the game, YEAH I know that was ONLY the demo but, the actual game, NEVER changes from the demo, I mean name one game, that would mean they would have to change the entire aspect, and a few other things.. so renting the game would not be a waste, not one resident evil game is much fun after beating it anyways.. UNLESS this one actually gets COMPLETE online, and not just that 2 player co-op, I mean its just not like a zombie game.. want something new.. like up to 4 players.. like suppose a family owns the game, and they all want to play 2 players??? that is a few gens ago like nintendo nes old cTrogeton

Man, Capcom is gonna broke if you don't buy the game, one less ignorant gamer playing real games i say.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#54 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
No, that was just a big rumor. It's not going to be in the game.
Jehuty-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jehuty-88
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

It would ruin the whole game, no resident evil has had run and gun and thats the way it should stay, if the character could run the enemies would never catch the character making it easier for noobs, and i know what im talking about i have completed every RE on the hardest difficulty and not being able to run while shootings adds to the tension. Also if you look in to special forces they are trained to stay still when aiming making the shot more accurate and in this sense RE is realistic.

i imagine the devlopers have thought about that topic and choose against it because its RE which is a servial horror not some third person shooter.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#56 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Is it really a surivior Horror anymore? I mean RE4 wasnt even that scary. Most of it's scares came from "Boo Ima snake in ur crate!! Surprise! lolololol" type of crap with a dash of gore. At this point the developers seem to just be using unwieldy controls to get the survivor part in.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Being an oldschool Resident Evil player, I think its good they made it so you couldn't run and gun. I hate how people ripped on Megaman 9 because of the graphics (they were great IMO) and now on Resident Evil because its not Gears of War.JohnnySN1P3R

You read my mind.

violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

This whole point is moot considering that in the retail game there will be the option to switch the controls so you can move while you shoot.Thomasdeleo

Nope.
The guy who said that was mistaken.

The controls that were in the demo, are the ones that will be in the final game.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

people like to compare Dead SPace and RE5 when you can and cannot move while shooting but the fact that neither game lets you melee and move at the same time seems to escape eveone's mind and all of a sudden RE5 is the only game that prohibits that. Why not talk about how dead space sucks because you couldnt do that. Dont be hypocrits. I love DS just like everyone else but if RE5 played just like it you'd all be saying it was DS in Africa

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

people like to compare Dead SPace and RE5 when you can and cannot move while shooting but the fact that neither game lets you melee and move at the same time seems to escape eveone's mind and all of a sudden RE5 is the only game that prohibits that. Why not talk about how dead space sucks because you couldnt do that. Dont be hypocrits. I love DS just like everyone else but if RE5 played just like it you'd all be saying it was DS in Africa

ceells87
No, people like me, who would like to be able to walk and fire would be greatly happy. Purists would say it's DS in Africa. Why are purists so against walking and firing? I think most people like me just want to be able to walk and fire, no running, no sprinting, just walking. It's like all you purists ignore people like me, who just want walking, and start going on about how running-and-gunning would ruin it. The stand still and shoot mechanic works in OLD RE games because of the horrid camera system and the terrible aiming. Now the game has taken a more action oriented approach, why not take that tiny, itty-bitty step and allow us to WALK (not RUN) and fire? It feels lame running to one side of an alley, firing at a slow moving chainsaw man, then running past them to the other side of the alley as they close in on you, and continue shooting at the slow moving chainsaw man. Rinse and repeat. I should be able to walk backwards and fire. And you know what? Maybe chainsaw man should have an attack he can perform while jogging at you.
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
[QUOTE="xXmeatwad225Xx"]umm, If you want to run and gun just switch the control style to "Action" and it makes it "More like Gears Of War style controls" according to the developer. BrooklynHotBoy
this was proven to be false. that rep from capcom that said that was way off. capcom released a statement after this and said there will be no run&gun

Really?!?!? That sucks. I just watched an interview on XBL like 4 days ago that said it was in there. welp, That's gonna be a bit disappointing for allot of people. Sorry for the false info guys.
JonCha91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 JonCha91
Member since 2008 • 710 Posts
[QUOTE="JonCha91"][QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

I felt it should've been an option. hell I'd even take a slow walk.

and dont start with the noob nonsense and say I know nothing about RE games because I've played them all and know that you couldn't shoot and move. I just think they should've finally implemented this option as well as give more life to the zombies instead of having them walk slowly towards you.

BrooklynHotBoy

Sorry, I'm going to disagree with you here. Resident Evil wouldn't be Resident Evil if you could just storm through everything: there'd be no suspense.

i don't see how you can storm through everything when at times you have to kill certain enemies to get keys or other items for unlocking doors and puzzles and such like in RE4.

by your own logic, couldn't you just storm through the game without shooting anything?

and i see no suspence in slow moving zombies.............but to each his/her own.

There's no need to nip-pick. What I meant was that it wouldn't be fun if you could just play RE like a standard TPS.
WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
I think they are trying to keep things safe due to the success of RE4. Dead Rising is also like this, you can't aim and shoot while running so I guess it's also there style of developing games.