Lack of Run & Gun in RE5............

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

I felt it should've been an option. hell I'd even take a slow walk.

and dont start with the noob nonsense and say I know nothing about RE games because I've played them all and know that you couldn't shoot and move. I just think they should've finally implemented this option as well as give more life to the zombies instead of having them walk slowly towards you.

sinlesswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sinlesswolf
Member since 2006 • 1382 Posts
after playing the amazing Deadspace i also find it hard that Chris being a badass stars member had no training to fire his weapon while moving and an engineer with mining tools can.. grr.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BrooklynHotBoy
oooh I LOVE dead space. game is amazing. capcom should've taken some pointers.
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

oooh I LOVE dead space. game is amazing. capcom should've taken some pointers.BrooklynHotBoy

OMG. Me too. I hope the sequel comes out soon..

Wiishy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wiishy
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
The developers at Capcom don't know how to program the code to walk and gun.
sinlesswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sinlesswolf

The developers at Capcom don't know how to program the code to walk and gun. Wiishy

lol. I agree. although the coop could outweigh its lack of run&gun prob. i cant wait to paly this on coop.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I suppose it would be okay if it was very slow walking, but that's it.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
I don't mind it and it is nice to see that it is one of the features that actually makes the new REs like the older ones. You know when they were survival/horror and not survival/action.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I don't mind it and it is nice to see that it is one of the features that actually makes the new REs like the older ones. You know when they were survival/horror and not survival/action.Agent_Kaliaver
That's similar to how I feel. If they let you run while shooting, it would be that much closer to becoming a generic third person shooter.
RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts
I wasn't such a big fan of the RE5 demo either (also new the the series). One minor issue that apparently really bugged me was that you couldn't walk/run and zoom in at the same time. I liked the Fear 2 demo better even (doesn't mean I'm gonna get FEAR 2 though).
unkipower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 unkipower
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
doesnt bother me at all to be honest, i know it would be nice with it but all resident evil games to me are alot of fun, well except for dead aim and both outbreaks
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I'm an old school fan at least they aren't completely ruining the series. I really wish they'd created older style RE games and newer style RE games. That would be so perfect they can make everyone happy. At least bring back the great story! I loved fighting real zombies that's all i want..
salvucci91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 salvucci91
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts
I honestly think that RE5 gameplay is too chunky for 360 and PS3. Games like that excel on the Wii; RE4 Wii is one of my all time favorites. Can't wait for Dead Space to be released for it either.
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
umm, If you want to run and gun just switch the control style to "Action" and it makes it "More like Gears Of War style controls" according to the developer.
sinlesswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sinlesswolf

umm, If you want to run and gun just switch the control style to "Action" and it makes it "More like Gears Of War style controls" according to the developer. xXmeatwad225Xx

REALLY?

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

I'm an old school fan at least they aren't completely ruining the series. I really wish they'd created older style RE games and newer style RE games. That would be so perfect they can make everyone happy. At least bring back the great story! I loved fighting real zombies that's all i want..craigalan23

Thats what i want too you guys. Its why i bought DeadRising. Blowing up zombie heads .

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
I wasn't such a big fan of the RE5 demo either (also new the the series). One minor issue that apparently really bugged me was that you couldn't walk/run and zoom in at the same time. I liked the Fear 2 demo better even (doesn't mean I'm gonna get FEAR 2 though). RavageGT
why? don't give in to these stupid reviews. that is a good game and you know it!
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
this is what you do. shoot, and when they get to close, run, then shoot again. want to run and gun? get tombraider....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts
hey, i was absolutely pissed off by re5 by the fact that you can't even move and the action is waaaay too slow, i actually found it really boring to be honest
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

and dont start with the noob nonsense and say I know nothing about RE games because I've played them all and know that you couldn't shoot and move. I just think they should've finally implemented this option as well as give more life to the zombies instead of having them walk slowly towards you.

BrooklynHotBoy
The run and gun would have been a cool feature, i was thinking about crouching and shooting or even the prone position.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
My only grip with this game is the sheeva being with you throughout the whole game...but i don't mind anyways, i'll be playing with my cousin or G.F
JonCha91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 JonCha91
Member since 2008 • 710 Posts

BrooklynHotBoy
Sorry, I'm going to disagree with you here. Resident Evil wouldn't be Resident Evil if you could just storm through everything: there'd be no suspense.
arek87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 arek87
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
Personally I think the game would be way to easy if you could just barrel through everything. Also, it adds a sense of urgency that makes the game what it is. It takes time to get used to the controls. The demo also didn't mention the quick turn or quick equip with the d pad, the game gets much easier with these actions.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

You havent been able to run and gun in any RE game, and they didnt change it.

If capcom actually cared about newcomers to the series, they would have changed it.

They dont, so they didn't.

Its fine with me, ive loved every RE since 98'.

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrooklynHotBoy

umm, If you want to run and gun just switch the control style to "Action" and it makes it "More like Gears Of War style controls" according to the developer. xXmeatwad225Xx

this was proven to be false. that rep from capcom that said that was way off. capcom released a statement after this and said there will be no run&gun

Foxtrot561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Foxtrot561
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

after playing the amazing Deadspace i also find it hard that Chris being a badass stars member had no training to fire his weapon while moving and an engineer with mining tools can.. grr. sinlesswolf

Dead Space = My favorite game of 2008 :D

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrooklynHotBoy
[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

JonCha91

Sorry, I'm going to disagree with you here. Resident Evil wouldn't be Resident Evil if you could just storm through everything: there'd be no suspense.

i don't see how you can storm through everything when at times you have to kill certain enemies to get keys or other items for unlocking doors and puzzles and such like in RE4.

by your own logic, couldn't you just storm through the game without shooting anything?

and i see no suspence in slow moving zombies.............but to each his/her own.

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="JonCha91"][QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

BrooklynHotBoy

i don't see how you can storm through everything when at times you have to kill certain enemies to get keys or other items for unlocking doors and puzzles and such like in RE4.

by your own logic, couldn't you just storm through the game without shooting anything?

and i see no suspence in slow moving zombies.............but to each his/her own.

It seems to me that you just dont like other peoples thoughts. resident evil isnt meant to be a run and gun.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
considering its not a run and gun then why would they implement this to the game
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
I watched a video on the marketplace with an interview wit one of the devs who said it will be an option in the full game. He called it action mode I think. If the video is still there, go watch it.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
It wouldn't be a resi evil game if they started messing around with the controls.
Foxtrot561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 Foxtrot561
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts
I hope they don't add run and gun.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I'll do you one better! I'd be happy if they'd at least let me sidestep while shooting.

Also, to the purists, I think most fans like me don't want "run and gun" game play, we want to be able to walk forwards and backwards while firing. Dead Space did this, and I feel safe claiming Dead Space feels more intense/scary than RE4 or, dare I say, RE5 will. Yup, I'm calling it now, Dead Space is more scary than RE5 will be and you can walk while shooting.

I've played the major RE games, excluding Code Veronica. The crappy camerca angles made the stand still and shooting mechanic work, if you ran, the crappy camera angle would change. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to lumber forward, backward, or sideways, slowly while firing in RE5.

ShadowScampi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 ShadowScampi
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
i prefer the stand still aim shoot and punch his face controls...i love ALL the RE games but never could get into dead space...only things i dislike at RE5 are Sheva (items-wasting annoying for help crying b***h),the lack of the merchant and the higher percentage of action scenes (i guess 95%???)as i never wanted to stand behind a gatling gun in a RE and that gears 2 like water boss battle (just look the newest trailerfrom the marketplace)...but overall im gonna love it especially because it seems to have much story and many cut scenes (almost metal gear quality as it looks in the trailers)
DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts

The purists have some bad reasoning. The stand still like a tank mechanic makes the game slower, less intense. If RE is supposed to be a horrror game how is it scarying anyone when everything is slowed to a crawl?

Also "run and gun" - in this case - doesn't mean your character is running while shooting it simply means, he can move while aiming and shooting. Also making the player character move while firing will necessitate that the AI become faster as well, and attack you with more speed, increasing the horror experience.

A slow walking zombie is a lot less frightening than a fast one. And the tank mechanic right now promotes slower less threatening enemies.

DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts

hey, i was absolutely pissed off by re5 by the fact that you can't even move and the action is waaaay too slow, i actually found it really boring to be honest 29121994

Exactly. The tank mechanic promotes slower enemeies. If they had taken pointers from the excellent Dead Space, they'd have made the zombie's faster and given you movement while aiming and firing.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#39 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I can understand why they did do it. But honestly I think it would have been more fun to be able to walk and shoot at the same time, I really don't care if people call me a noob for it.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

this is what you do. shoot, and when they get to close, run, then shoot again. want to run and gun? get tombraider....donmega1

Exactly!

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

I can understand why they did do it. But honestly I think it would have been more fun to be able to walk and shoot at the same time, I really don't care if people call me a noob for it.vashkey

whats a noob? probrably me for asking but anyway.

Fogotmypantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fogotmypantz
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts
You cant move while shooting. Get over it!
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think they did that because they wanted to make u feel over whelmed of how many guys are coming after u. it would be good if it was added to make the person walk way slower then what u are.
Urrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Urrah
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I can deal with the lack or run and gun, it makes it slower, more methodical, maybe not particularly scary but definatly an even pace.

However, there is one thing I CANNOT stand: not being able to at least move while having your melee weapon out. I think that is one of the most rediculous ideas ever. If they made you able to at least melee while moving, even if its a slow, special olympics caliber move speed, that I think would go a long way.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
Being an oldschool Resident Evil player, I think its good they made it so you couldn't run and gun. I hate how people ripped on Megaman 9 because of the graphics (they were great IMO) and now on Resident Evil because its not Gears of War.
Dunarif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dunarif
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

Not that big of a surprise considering the last game wouldn't let you do it either.

I'm more puzzled as to why there are two options for opening doors (gently or kicking) but both take about the same amount of time, the only difference being that the kick knocks anyone down on the other side.

ganjasmugglin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 ganjasmugglin
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Ok first of all Dead Space is totally different than RE. RE has been around forever and the whole not being able to shoot while you walk has never been in an RE game. Now I know what your thinking, "Why didnt they take dead space which was such a good game and just modify their game so you could do it?" Because RE has and will always be that much harder to beat. Their learning curve will always be 15min higher than "Dead Space". Why? Because they believe that a game should be difficult not only because it sets the bar but it also gives you a sense of accomplishment. They could have implemented this run shoot thing a while ago, but then that would take away from the true gameplay experience. The funny thing is I have never heard soo many people complain about a gameplay mechanic that has been in this game since it was created. The reason for that is xbox 360 started appealing to all types of people who want a more casual and easy but medium hard game that they can pick up whenever they want. Microsoft saw this opportunity and made a console that made this dream come true. Now everybody is used to 5 hr games that are too easy. Dead space and RE5 are 2 different games and if you dont like RE 5 then dont buy it. Nuff Said. End of topic.
Choi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Choi15
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

theres a interview for the re5 and the guy confirmed that there will be run and gun in the game that its optional

i saw the interview on xbox live but it was a gametrailers interview

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#49 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
I agree, the RE5 engine was crap, I mean yeah when you get the steady aim, you can't move, and the over all engine was just last gen, I mean people even complained about RE4 being like that, I'm not buying the game, YEAH I know that was ONLY the demo but, the actual game, NEVER changes from the demo, I mean name one game, that would mean they would have to change the entire aspect, and a few other things.. so renting the game would not be a waste, not one resident evil game is much fun after beating it anyways.. UNLESS this one actually gets COMPLETE online, and not just that 2 player co-op, I mean its just not like a zombie game.. want something new.. like up to 4 players.. like suppose a family owns the game, and they all want to play 2 players??? that is a few gens ago like nintendo nes old c
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
re is fine with no run and gun, but i wish it had run and knife. not being able to move while knifing is stupid....run and gun would maybe be ok for re, but meh then it be like every other game out there.