Is it just me or is GTA IV a little.... meh?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rrandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rrandolph
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
lmao, same ol discussion. GTAIV is an awesome game. AWESOME!!!!!!!! The reasons why the people that don't like the game give for not liking the game are ridiculous imo. Everybody just saids it's boring but everybody definition of boring is different. I understand thou, you guys think realistic is boring. lmao Well nothing wrong with that opinion. If you can't enjoy the euphoria engine I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't enjoy exploring the city and the huge upgrade in graphics than I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't appreciate every car handling differently and pretty much accurately in an open world game than I really think something is wrong with you. If you think GTAIV is boring than it's just not the game for you. If you can't appreciate a cover system in GTAIV than I really think something is wrong with u. The list could go on and on. Like I said b4 try Saint's Row 2 it's a direct copy of the old GTAs so everybody should be happy then. But yall will come back and complain about that one 2. lmao :D
resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 resident-shell
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
I love the story, I got pretty attached to the characters and the world around me, but the gameplay was pretty boring, and it was stupid how you could amass hundreds of thousands of dollars and have nothing to spend it on, and Roman would still complain about how poor they were. There should have been more stuff to spend money on, and the safehouses should have had a bigger role, like instead of picking people up all the time and driving them around to go bowling or something, you should have been able to invite them to your house or something. All in all, the game really drew me in with its story, but the boring gameplay, and nonsensical elements gave the game just about zero replayablity for me. I probably will get the bonus content, just because it will be something new, and while the game was still fresh I loved it.
eab444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 eab444
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
I had never really played any GTA games before (only had Nintendo systems), so it was an amazing and new experience to me. I really like the story and the realistic feel.
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

lmao, same ol discussion. GTAIV is an awesome game. AWESOME!!!!!!!! The reasons why the people that don't like the game give for not liking the game are ridiculous imo. Everybody just saids it's boring but everybody definition of boring is different. I understand thou, you guys think realistic is boring. lmao Well nothing wrong with that opinion. If you can't enjoy the euphoria engine I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't enjoy exploring the city and the huge upgrade in graphics than I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't appreciate every car handling differently and pretty much accurately in an open world game than I really think something is wrong with you. If you think GTAIV is boring than it's just not the game for you. If you can't appreciate a cover system in GTAIV than I really think something is wrong with u. The list could go on and on. Like I said b4 try Saint's Row 2 it's a direct copy of the old GTAs so everybody should be happy then. But yall will come back and complain about that one 2. lmao :Drrandolph

What's the point of your post?

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

[QUOTE="rrandolph"]lmao, same ol discussion. GTAIV is an awesome game. AWESOME!!!!!!!! The reasons why the people that don't like the game give for not liking the game are ridiculous imo. Everybody just saids it's boring but everybody definition of boring is different. I understand thou, you guys think realistic is boring. lmao Well nothing wrong with that opinion. If you can't enjoy the euphoria engine I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't enjoy exploring the city and the huge upgrade in graphics than I really think something is wrong with you. If you can't appreciate every car handling differently and pretty much accurately in an open world game than I really think something is wrong with you. If you think GTAIV is boring than it's just not the game for you. If you can't appreciate a cover system in GTAIV than I really think something is wrong with u. The list could go on and on. Like I said b4 try Saint's Row 2 it's a direct copy of the old GTAs so everybody should be happy then. But yall will come back and complain about that one 2. lmao :DUnassigned

What's the point of your post?

hes saying that you guys that dont like GTA IV dont like it because its not what you were expected it to be
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Gets too repetitive...Very boring after a while
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
No.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think it was meh. there was realy nothing new and the didn't add things san andreas had. i thought the things they changed were graphics and gameplay of the people .
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
No.destinhpark
no like your agreeing with him or no like your not
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]No.gta4_2112
no like your agreeing with him or no like your not

Read the topic title, and then read my post. I simply answered the topic title question.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#61 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
I agree. It's a fun game sometimes, and other times I don't even feel like touching it. It's a mixed bag. They removed alot of the stuff in the previous ones, which was incredibly disappointing. The story is good but yet after you complete it, there's nothing to do and nothing to spend your money on. In the previous GTA games there was exploration and tons of side-missions. Now, there's hardly any exploration and barely any side-missions. Technically, the game is a step up. But in all other ways, it's a big step down.
Avatar image for skaterplayer275
skaterplayer275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 skaterplayer275
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
its a fun game but it dose get boring after a while like when you play missons and have no challange beating it the only misson i found challangeing is where you rob the bank i think the reson every one bought it is becuase its the only gta game thats not a add on like vice city stories and libety city stories even though its in libety city it fells like new york and in all new place thats the reson it got so much hype
Avatar image for Atomicmuffin254
Atomicmuffin254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Atomicmuffin254
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

GTAIV is a good game but it's not all it's cracked up to be. I think they added in a couple good things such as the cover system but removed a lot of the fun like the more arcade-like driving controls, it feel's like i'm playing forza everytime i get into a car in this game.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Yeah, I feel that it isn't much compared to San Andreas.
Avatar image for -Grits_N_Gravy-
-Grits_N_Gravy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Grits_N_Gravy-
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I actually loved it,... Euphoria technology holy crap, messing with the hobos "You Aint Gettin None of My Sperm Reptillian!" then pushing the dude down some long steep ass steps and watching the guy fall then come back and repeat, fun times yes, or driving in cinematic cam view in slomo getting chased by cops while driving on sidewalk as people brace/balance/avoid impact but you need a good view to enjoy though, downside, crap gets heated it gets super laggy, missions repetitive and a bit boring, i personally didnt like the music that much this time round except the classic rock station, other than that i had a blast

modai119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 modai119
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
We got spoiled by SA with the side missions. GTA4 has a good story, but thats it....
king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
it's very meh!
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
they took all the fun stuff out of gta iv because they have to be able to "reupgrade" us with gta 5...otherwise the next gta will just be missions like this one was. really gtaiv was just a technology showoff and not much more, they added so much pointless stuff, that could have been great but instead made it lame. you get all them dam phone calls but no rewards...why do i care how much my friends like me? how does this influence me in the real world...after playing gta i feel socially damaged
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
I probably would play it more, but there are so much good games out. im still playing COD 4 and GOW online.