I hate bioshock

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts

I got bioshock the day it came out. I played it for about 2 hours. The graphics are amazing and the story is fantastic. There are many amazingly cool things about this game from combining plasmids and weapons- to utilizing the A.I. in the game to your advantage.

However, I hate the game and can not bring myself to play it. The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present makes the game unplayable to me. There simply is no challenge, Theoretically i could beat the game without buying a healthpack, I could beat it with the wrench. The revive system in the game trumps everything good that the game has going for it and makes it unplayable. I need a challenge and bioshock does not present one for me. It is just not fun. Im sure many of you like bioshock, and disagree with my opinion, but that does not change the fact that the game has a 0% difficulty rating out of a possible 10000000000%

CrazyIvanIV

If you want more of a challenge then reload everytime you die. Simple as that.

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
keep ur comments 2 ur damn self seriously...all ur startin by postin ur feelings bout a game is havin ppl who love the game 2 flame u...if u dont like it keep it 2 urself...n im pretty sure u rather start from the last save pt n start all over n keep dyin n dyin...dats so much more fun...i hope u sensed da sarcasm there...DaKidLiLJ
You know what would make people take you allot more seriously... LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!!
bavant07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 bavant07
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts
i myself loved the game. the only thing i could say that i didnt enjoy was that when i beat it...there wasn't anything that made me want to play it all over again. i beat it on hard and felt pretty accomplished. but when i looked at the achievement list and asked myself if i would go back through again.....i took it back to gamestop and got blue dragon. in short great game hands-down. but the re-playability was kinda short for me. pay attention to those last words there...FOR ME! im no dictator and i cant speak for everyone. i have my own opinion lol
iceCOLEd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 iceCOLEd
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
I love Bioshock, but when games come out and get 10/10 ratings I tend to look for the nitty gritty. I don't like the fact that the character models look kinda lackluster, and there is no multiplayer aspect, but the revival system never really bothered me...I mean if you find yourself dying a lot and you don't like the fact that you get everything back when you die...just play the game on either an easier difficulty so u don't die, or a harder one so its more of a challenge....
Slacker4life77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 Slacker4life77
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
dont like it either, and i think the gfx are terrible many games look much better, even older ones.
Avatar image for jimboboklashaur
jimboboklashaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 jimboboklashaur
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts

I got bioshock the day it came out. I played it for about 2 hours. The graphics are amazing and the story is fantastic. There are many amazingly cool things about this game from combining plasmids and weapons- to utilizing the A.I. in the game to your advantage.

However, I hate the game and can not bring myself to play it. The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present makes the game unplayable to me. There simply is no challenge, Theoretically i could beat the game without buying a healthpack, I could beat it with the wrench. The revive system in the game trumps everything good that the game has going for it and makes it unplayable. I need a challenge and bioshock does not present one for me. It is just not fun. Im sure many of you like bioshock, and disagree with my opinion, but that does not change the fact that the game has a 0% difficulty rating out of a possible 10000000000%

CrazyIvanIV
If it's that easy, then how did you die?
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

I like the revive system just fine.

DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyIvanIV"]

Radiozo

If you want more of a challenge then reload everytime you die. Simple as that.

Thats what I do and on HARD:D

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

You played it for 2 hours. I would expect this sort of criticism from someone who actually beat the game.blue_tape

The reviving system doesn't change during the entire game, except for the last boss.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyIvanIV"]

jimboboklashaur

If it's that easy, then how did you die?

awesome!

BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

You can try NOT DYING!

maybe then you will like the game?

I played the game on the normal difficulty and maybe died a dozen times throughout the whole campaign...if that many times.

Maybe get some skill and then you wouldn't complain about the no death penalty.

Enoch913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Enoch913
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

keep ur comments 2 ur damn self seriously...all ur startin by postin ur feelings bout a game is havin ppl who love the game 2 flame u...if u dont like it keep it 2 urself...n im pretty sure u rather start from the last save pt n start all over n keep dyin n dyin...dats so much more fun...i hope u sensed da sarcasm there...DaKidLiLJ

I can't believe I actually read this.. Was this english? You know they have a spell check feature before you post. Anyways, this game is pretty bad ass al-though I haven't really gotten into it yet, But what I have seen so far makes me think it will be a pretty good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

iam sure he is aloud to express, his opinion weather or not its considered rigth or not by other people.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I hate it too. The game for me gets boring quickly. It's a short game, single player only, pretty much the same throughout gameplay wise, no challange whatsoever, and did I mention single player only? The only replay value to this game is going through the storyline again, and that gets boring fast. In my opinion Bioshock is a great attempt at something unique, however I think they need to add something else to it.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#65 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
They could easily make an option to turn on a death penalty. Personally, I like the lack of death penalty, because I don't like re-working for everything I already attained.
RossMathis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RossMathis
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

CrazyIvanIV

I just got Bioshock off eBay for only $46...Holla!