I hate bioshock

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrazyIvanIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrazyIvanIV
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

I got bioshock the day it came out. I played it for about 2 hours. The graphics are amazing and the story is fantastic. There are many amazingly cool things about this game from combining plasmids and weapons- to utilizing the A.I. in the game to your advantage.

However, I hate the game and can not bring myself to play it. The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present makes the game unplayable to me. There simply is no challenge, Theoretically i could beat the game without buying a healthpack, I could beat it with the wrench. The revive system in the game trumps everything good that the game has going for it and makes it unplayable. I need a challenge and bioshock does not present one for me. It is just not fun. Im sure many of you like bioshock, and disagree with my opinion, but that does not change the fact that the game has a 0% difficulty rating out of a possible 10000000000%

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I don't hate it, and see it being a good game but just like you I just can't make myself enjoy the game or feel a need to play it
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
You played it for 2 hours. I would expect this sort of criticism from someone who actually beat the game.
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

They could have done this two ways either revive you when you die and continue playing without any loading screens or what ever or they could have made it a quiksave/quikload game like doom or something.. I personally like the revive system much more, im so friggin tired of quiksaving all the time just in case you should die.

ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
its a sweet game
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts
i know what your saying, i can't say i hate the game because of it but the lack of challenge doesn't make me want to play it as much as i should
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts
I know its said a million times but just reload your game. I think they made a huge mistake in making it that way on ALL difficulty settings and no option to change the way it works, but i'm going to let it pass as a mistake. It really is a great game. If it happened again though I would chalk it up to them not listening to what the people want and I wouldn't buy the game.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
Yeah, it may be easy, but it's still a great game. I think that's not a reason not to play the game.
gamersmode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamersmode
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts
Yeah, i loved the game i beat it and im re playing it for the achievements i didnt get the first time around, plus im saving the little sisters this time you get a different ending.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
the only reason why I like the revive system is because when you get killed you're determined to find that guy and finish him off almost out of rage.
mindz2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mindz2004
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

play through the whole game just using a wrench and pistol

if its too easy that is

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Ya, its an alright game.

I really dont see whats so great about it though.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

"The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present"

i actually think that's great. i don't want to do the entire level again when i die at the end of one...

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
hmmm... u HATE a disc eh? and it has game data on the disc and you hate that too??...neato... *goes to next topic*
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Whilst i see what your saying and agree with you to some extent about the revive thing- you did mention the grahpic's, story and elements of the gameplay are great so just enjoy that and the experience of playing ... it''s really worthwhile in the long run!!
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

Haha, thats not really a reason to "hate" the game, nor a reason to not play the game. If you dislike it so much, then save your game all the time and when you die, just reload your save game. But i think its an amazing game, i'd go as far as saying its the best game ive played so far this year. Ive beat it 2 times and im going back through just for fun, i cant put this game down.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts

Hey, well I infact love the revive system. No, I'm not a nub at games, and could probably whip your sorry ass at any FPS, but the fact that the revive system just keeps the game flowing, you're never 'not' emersed by Rapture...just makes the game so incredible in all aspects.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 furtherfan
there is a great video on gametrailers.com (bonusround) where developers explain their choices. i agree with them.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i'm trying to understand why you think people should actually care what you think. i like the game. that's all that matters to me.
Scroll-Lock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scroll-Lock
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
I don't use the chambers, I simply go back to my last save. Much better way of doing it.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 furtherfan

I don't use the chambers, I simply go back to my last save. Much better way of doing it.Scroll-Lock

i use both

GrimTalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrimTalos
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

Iam playing Bioshock on Hard and the only Time I die is when I fight the Big Daddys and I always save before and if I die load.

Its a SP player game you can play it how you like if you think the res is cheap then dont use it.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Play it hard on, then.
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
it rocks
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
If you actually try not to die, the game is a blast. Like someone else said the only time I die is big daddy fights where get pinned in a corner or something. So the reward comes from when you make it through a big daddy fight without dieing. If your playing the game just mindlessly running around with no respect for your own life, then yeah the game shouldn't be fun cause thats not how it is suposed to be played. Slow your pace down a little and you will have a lot more fun.
JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts

[QUOTE="Scroll-Lock"]I don't use the chambers, I simply go back to my last save. Much better way of doing it.furtherfan

i use both

Same here. I saved it pretty frequently and went back to my last save alot versus reviving but sometimes I just played on as is. Either way I love the game.

Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
i think hes entitled to his opinion and you guys should stop talking about how bioshock rocks
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Considering most single-player FPS games have a quicksave/quickload option, I fail to see the difference between that and having you respawn close to where you died. Try playing it on hard if you have not already. It's a challenge and it definitely still gets frustrating since you don't recover the health pacs and plasmids that you lost previously. There are no "levels" exactly, so what point would you have them game start you off on after death? Maybe you think there should only be three lives or something? I haven't seen a game do that in quite a while. You are entitled to your opinion, I just think it's wrong. ;)
Scroll-Lock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scroll-Lock
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

i think hes entitled to his opinion and you guys should stop talking about how bioshock rocksSup11722

What? Why did he a make a thread then.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

"The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present"

i actually think that's great. i don't want to do the entire level again when i die at the end of one...

furtherfan

I completely agree furtherfan. I can't stand redoing things in games. That is a mood killer for me and I'm glad BioShock changed things up a bit. It might make the game a bit easier, but whether or not I died and was revived or I spawned 30 minutes back, I am still going to beat the game, but I'll do it with much less frustration if I don't have to redo so much stuff.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I played the game for 2 hours the day I got it (really liked it) and for some reason I haven't been able to play it since. I just acn't bring myself to sit down and play it =/
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Play it through on hard and you'll see why it's like it is.

IMO Bioshock was meant to be played on Hard. The lack of resources, the difficult enemys and so on it would be EXTREMLY hard to complete without the respawn as it is. Imagine trying to fight a big daddy - on hard - with a lack of ammo and health packs and eve and knowing if you die you lose even more stuff.

It wouldn't be possible. It's how it is to keep the game some-what balanced. Imo.

GrimTalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrimTalos
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

It is possible as that is how I play.I play the game on hard and save quite a bit and if I die I reload.

So far the I have never died to a splicer,turret or Bots the only things that can kill me our Big Daddys and I save before I fight one and load if it kills me.

It is fairly easy to kill them in one go when you get the crossbow and before that the shotgun owns the.

So you can play the game on hard and never use a rez thing.

tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts
I agree with you about anyone that's saying this. He has the same right to his opinion as anyone else, even if it is the wrong one ;)
Crofts05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Crofts05
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

I'm not really interested in this game and I have no interest in playing it, so I can't say I hate it. Bioshock just doesn't look interesting at all. With all the hype it's been getting I might rent it but I doubt i'll enjoy it too much, The Darkness and Haze look much more appealing to me.

It is a Shame Haze seems to have been dropped for the 360.... well at least i'll have a good reason to set my ps3 up in November.

gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

Yeah, it may be easy, but it's still a great game. I think that's not a reason not to play the game._TheJoker_

You are exactly right. That is not a reason for ignoring a game like this. In fact, its not even a reason to not enjoy it. The person who started this thread said the only reason why he hates this game is because he doesnt feel challenged by it. Well I have news not only for him but for all gamers. If you need a challenge that badly, then maybe you shuold try challenging yourself in otherareas in yourlife. Like, I dont know...something likework or school?Man, you can even challenge yourself to pick up a different girl every weekend. Dont say that you NEED a challenge from a game. Thats sad. Games are meant for fun. He mentioned all of the things that make the game fun. And while yes its can seem a bit easy at times, in the end its just a game, and not meant as a meaningful challenge.

People like him take games too seriously....one of the reasons why I stopped playing Gears of War. I got tired of people yelling at others when they would make mistakes. Even on Player matches. Get a life. Thank you and have a nice day :)

TheTrooper45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheTrooper45
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
If you play the game using the wrench going kamikaze everytime then yes it will suck, but if you actually try to survive then youll have some fun. Nothings more rewarding in the game then beating a big daddy w/o dieing.
gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

I'm not really interested in this game and I have no interest in playing it, so I can't say I hate it. Bioshock just doesn't look interesting at all. With all the hype it's been getting I might rent it but I doubt i'll enjoy it too much, The Darkness and Haze look much more appealing to me.

It is a Shame Haze seems to have been dropped for the 360.... well at least i'll have a good reason to set my ps3 up in November.

Crofts05

You are doing yourself a diservice by being so closed minded. Trust me, this game is amazing. Maybe you are a kid and you dont think you can get into a game thats set in the '60s. But ignore that. The game is absolutely amazing in almost every way.

I played the Darkness. Finished it. It was good. But its just another first person shooter with a little twist. Bioshock has the Darkness beat on every level imaginable. Special powers? Bioshock has MORE of them and worst of them all is better than the Darkness's BEST one. Weapons? Bioshocks weapons are actually useful. Sound? No contest here. Graphics? Also, no contest. Gameplay? The Darknes's gameplay seems shallow compared to Bioshocks. Story? Im not even going to go there. The Darkness's story line seems like the guy game up with it while in the shower in comparison.

Sometimes you have to not be so hard headed. A games theme doesnt appeal to you, but ALL critics are raving like mad about this game, MOST people who play say they love it....its time to not think so highly of yourself and give the game a try.

tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts

keep ur comments 2 ur damn self seriously...all ur startin by postin ur feelings bout a game is havin ppl who love the game 2 flame u...if u dont like it keep it 2 urself...n im pretty sure u rather start from the last save pt n start all over n keep dyin n dyin...dats so much more fun...i hope u sensed da sarcasm there...DaKidLiLJ

Stop...writing...like a 11 year old girl on AIM!

Crofts05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Crofts05
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
[QUOTE="Crofts05"]

gnomegnasher

You are doing yourself a diservice by being so closed minded. Trust me, this game is amazing. Maybe you are a kid and you dont think you can get into a game thats set in the '60s. But ignore that. The game is absolutely amazing in almost every way.

I played the Darkness. Finished it. It was good. But its just another first person shooter with a little twist. Bioshock has the Darkness beat on every level imaginable. Special powers? Bioshock has MORE of them and worst of them all is better than the Darkness's BEST one. Weapons? Bioshocks weapons are actually useful. Sound? No contest here. Graphics? Also, no contest. Gameplay? The Darknes's gameplay seems shallow compared to Bioshocks. Story? Im not even going to go there. The Darkness's story line seems like the guy game up with it while in the shower in comparison.

Sometimes you have to not be so hard headed. A games theme doesnt appeal to you, but ALL critics are raving like mad about this game, MOST people who play say they love it....its time to not think so highly of yourself and give the game a try.

lol at me being so close minded, I think you need to read my post again. I said it doesn't look interesting to me at all but I can't say I hate it without playing the game. Those kind of FPS never appeal to me but with all the good reviews Bioshock has been getting, i'll rent it and see what I think for myself.

phoenix2005x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 phoenix2005x
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts

any help u can suggest to get bullets and amomo.

phoenix2005x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 phoenix2005x
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts

any help u can suggest to get bullets and amomo.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I know its said a million times but just reload your game. I think they made a huge mistake in making it that way on ALL difficulty settings and no option to change the way it works, but i'm going to let it pass as a mistake. It really is a great game. If it happened again though I would chalk it up to them not listening to what the people want and I wouldn't buy the game.tommy7154

EXACTLY! - if you don't like the vita-chambers, you can choose to not use them.

JaguarWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JaguarWarrior
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
Can't say I hate it, but i didn't really enjoy it that much after the first few hours. I did get to beat it, but wasn't compelled to try playing it again, even though i knew i could try it a different way, but eventually i'd have to settle for what used to work before.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Well no offence but that's kinda stupid. You love just about everything in the gamebut just because of that one thing you hate the game and can't play it. You've only played for two frikkin hours even. Yes theoretically you could never buy/use health packs or only use the wrench but you would die and have to backtrack constantly.

Go play Ninja Gaiden if you nut busting difficulty, but Bioshock is about compelling story and ceative plasmid use.

DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I got bioshock the day it came out. I played it for about 2 hours. The graphics are amazing and the story is fantastic. There are many amazingly cool things about this game from combining plasmids and weapons- to utilizing the A.I. in the game to your advantage.

However, I hate the game and can not bring myself to play it. The fact that when I die, I am instantly revived with all my items and health packs, and the damage to enemies is still present makes the game unplayable to me. There simply is no challenge, Theoretically i could beat the game without buying a healthpack, I could beat it with the wrench. The revive system in the game trumps everything good that the game has going for it and makes it unplayable. I need a challenge and bioshock does not present one for me. It is just not fun. Im sure many of you like bioshock, and disagree with my opinion, but that does not change the fact that the game has a 0% difficulty rating out of a possible 10000000000%

CrazyIvanIV

Play it on hard I bet you anything this guy played it on easy NOob

MrCuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrCuckoo
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
wow ok BioShock is the first game I physically made love to
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

keep ur comments 2 ur damn self seriously...all ur startin by postin ur feelings bout a game is havin ppl who love the game 2 flame u...if u dont like it keep it 2 urself...n im pretty sure u rather start from the last save pt n start all over n keep dyin n dyin...dats so much more fun...i hope u sensed da sarcasm there...DaKidLiLJ

Your not going to cry are you? People post positive opions about the game all the time. Why can't someone post a negative one? If everyone kept their opinions to themselves then these boards would not have any posts.