How to Setup a VPN on your Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emmalolpez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emmalolpez
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

There are many benefits to routing your xbox IP through a VPN connection. This ranges from utilizing exclusive American content, to hiding your IP from DDoSers, or even hiding your location from Doxers. This tutorial will show you a loophole that allows you to get around/avoid these hassles. Let us begin.

Prerequisites:

WiFi Connection

Laptop with LAN port

VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Ethernet Cable

VPN's:

ExpressVPN

PureVPN

IPVanish

This tutorial was done using IPvanish.

Setup VPN on Xbox

One of the methods of setting up Xbox One VPN is by tunneling your service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router. Note that the setup may vary according to the router you use and the instructions provided by the VPN provider.

- Use the following steps to configure a VPN service on your router:

- You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.

- Open your Router’s Control Panel – accessible from your system control panel.

- Go to the ‘Basic Setup’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Basic’ tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings).

- Enter the setup details provided by your VPN provider (username, password, gateway, subnet mask, etc.).

- Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the ‘Connection Type’ based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it depends).

- Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.

- Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.

Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Source: http://www.bestvpnprovider.com/vpn-for-xbox-one-360/

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

O.K. lol.Thanks for the tip. .lol.

aleksivanovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aleksivanovic
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I tried PureVPN on my xbox. It is working fine. Thanks for sharing information.

DixkChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DixkChicken
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

@aleksivanovic:how did you get PureVPN to work? I tried for hours last night and I couldnt get my xbox one to connect to live

AlbaGeor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlbaGeor
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

This VPN service works perfectly with the xbox: IPVanish. Check out this website in which the features of the service are explained: Anonymweb.

RardellD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RardellD
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

So I have tried tunneling both ExpressVPN and Hide.me, through my Windows PC to my Xbox one. I was successful with setting up the VPNs, sharing the connection to my Xbox, and even checked whether my IP address changed through the test my connection option in the settings of my Xbox.

Now the problem is multiplayer. I am stationed outside the US, and would like to play games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, and most EA sports games online. When I search for matches or other players it just spins and spins. This is with both the VPN or no VPN (directly from modem) After some troubleshooting with ExpressVPN, they determine that certain ports were closed a firewall was blocking the ability to connect. Even though I can use Xbox chat. Any tips, tricks or suggestions out there?

lilimina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 lilimina
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Using VPN is the best way, you can try yourself, I can suggest you using bvpn https://www.vpnanswers.com/vpn-on-xbox/ Just one click to download, secure and encrypt your connection.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#12 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts